- Production or causation.
- Production of an electric current or magnetic state in a body by electricity or magnetism in an adjacent body.
- The period from the start of anesthetization to the establishment of a depth of anesthesia adequate for a surgical procedure.
- In embryology, the influence exerted by an organizer or evocator on the differentiation of adjacent cells or on the development of an embryonic structure.
- A modification imposed on an offspring by the action of the environment on the germ cells of one or both parents.
- In microbiology, the change from probacteriophage to vegetative phage that may occur spontaneously or after stimulation by certain physical and chemical agents.
- In enzymology, the process of increasing the amount or the activity of a protein.
- A stage in the process of hypnosis.
- Causal analysis; a method of reasoning in which an inference is made from one or more specific observations to a more general statement.
- Inactivation of a repressor in gene regulation.
[L. inductio, a leading in]
See Also: inducer
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
© Copyright 2018 Wolters Kluwer. All Rights Reserved. Review date: Sep 19, 2016.