- One of the cereal plants, or its seed.
- A hard, minute particle of any substance, sand.
- A unit of weight equivalent to 0.064799 grain [For other equivalents, see appendix, Weights and Measures].
- A macroscopically visible cluster of organisms living in tissue of patients with actinomycosis or mycetoma.
- A particle of a silver halide in a photographic emulsion.
Disclaimer: This site is designed to offer information for general educational purposes only. The health information furnished on this site and the interactive responses are not intended to be professional advice and are not intended to replace personal consultation with a qualified physician, pharmacist, or other healthcare professional. You must always seek the advice of a professional for questions related to a disease, disease symptoms, and appropriate therapeutic treatments.
Search Stedman's Medical Dictionary
Examples: glitazone, GI cocktail, etc.
© Copyright 2017 Wolters Kluwer. All Rights Reserved. Review Date: Sep 19, 2016.