- The discharge of a fluid material in large amounts from a cavity or surface of the body.
- Material discharged from the bowels.
- A material used to remove oxides from the surface of molten metal and to protect it when casting; serves a similar purpose in soldering operations.
- An ingredient in dental porcelain that by its lower melting temperature helps to bond the silica particles.
- The moles of a substance crossing through a unit area of a boundary layer or membrane per unit of time.
- Bidirectional movement of a substance at a membrane or surface.
- In diagnostic radiology, photon fluence per unit time.
- The strength of a field of force (magnetic) orthogonal to a unit area.
- The rate of chemical or physical transformation or translocation of a substance per unit time.
Synonym(s): flux density1
[L. fluxus, a flow]
See Also: diarrhea
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
© Copyright 2018 Wolters Kluwer. All Rights Reserved. Review date: Sep 19, 2016.
Search Stedman's Medical Dictionary
Examples: glitazone, GI cocktail, etc.