- One of the contributing causes in any action.
- One of the components that by multiplication makes up a number or expression.
- A vitamin or other essential element.
- An event, characteristic, or other definable entity that brings about a change in health.
- A categoric independent variable, used to identify, by means of numeric codes, membership in a qualitatively identifiable group; for example, overcrowding is a factor in disease transmission.
[L. maker, causer, fr. facio, to make]
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
© Copyright 2018 Wolters Kluwer. All Rights Reserved. Review date: Sep 19, 2016.
Search Stedman's Medical Dictionary
Examples: glitazone, GI cocktail, etc.