- Luxation and removal of a tooth from its alveolus.
- Partitioning of material (solute) into a solvent.
- The active portion of a drug; the making of an extract.
- Surgical removal by pulling out.
- Removal of the fetus from the uterus or vagina at or near the end of pregnancy, either manually or with instruments.
- Removal of the product of conception by sucton before a menstrual period has been missed.
[L. extraho, pp. -tractus, to draw out]
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
© Copyright 2018 Wolters Kluwer. All Rights Reserved. Review date: Sep 19, 2016.
Search Stedman's Medical Dictionary
Examples: glitazone, GI cocktail, etc.