- A pair.
- In chemistry, a bivalent element, molecule, or ion.
- Two people in an interactional situation, patient and therapist, husband and wife.
- The double chromosome resulting from division in meiosis.
- Two units treated as one.
- A pair of cells resulting from the first meitotic division.
- The transverse tubule and a terminal cisterna in cardiac muscle cells.
[G. dyas, the number two, duality]
Disclaimer: This site is designed to offer information for general educational purposes only. The health information furnished on this site and the interactive responses are not intended to be professional advice and are not intended to replace personal consultation with a qualified physician, pharmacist, or other healthcare professional. You must always seek the advice of a professional for questions related to a disease, disease symptoms, and appropriate therapeutic treatments.
Search Stedman's Medical Dictionary
Examples: glitazone, GI cocktail, etc.
© Copyright 2017 Wolters Kluwer. All Rights Reserved. Review Date: Sep 19, 2016.