- A change, for the better or for the worse, in the course of a disease.
- A general move toward a given point.
- The measurement or estimation of any quantity or quality in scientific or laboratory investigation.
- Discernment of a state or category (in diagnosis).
- A process, both necessary and sufficient, whereby an effect is caused.
[L. de-termino, pp. -atus, to limit, determine, fr. terminus, a boundary]
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
© Copyright 2018 Wolters Kluwer. All Rights Reserved. Review date: Sep 19, 2016.
Search Stedman's Medical Dictionary
Examples: glitazone, GI cocktail, etc.