- A change, for the better or for the worse, in the course of a disease.
- A general move toward a given point.
- The measurement or estimation of any quantity or quality in scientific or laboratory investigation.
- Discernment of a state or category (in diagnosis).
- A process, both necessary and sufficient, whereby an effect is caused.
[L. de-termino, pp. -atus, to limit, determine, fr. terminus, a boundary]
Disclaimer: This site is designed to offer information for general educational purposes only. The health information furnished on this site and the interactive responses are not intended to be professional advice and are not intended to replace personal consultation with a qualified physician, pharmacist, or other healthcare professional. You must always seek the advice of a professional for questions related to a disease, disease symptoms, and appropriate therapeutic treatments.
Search Stedman's Medical Dictionary
Examples: glitazone, GI cocktail, etc.
© Copyright 2018 Wolters Kluwer. All Rights Reserved. Review Date: Sep 19, 2016.