- Making denser or more solid.
- The change of a gas to a liquid, or of a liquid to a solid.
- In psychoanalysis, an unconscious mental process in which one symbol stands for a number of others.
- In dentistry, the process of packing a filling material into a cavity, using such force and direction that no voids result.
- A chemical reaction in which two or more molecular entities combine, with the concomitant release of a molecule of water, ammonia, alcohol, or some other simple entity.
[L. con-denso, pp. -atus, to make thick, condense]
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
© Copyright 2018 Wolters Kluwer. All Rights Reserved. Review date: Sep 19, 2016.
Search Stedman's Medical Dictionary
Examples: glitazone, GI cocktail, etc.