- An organized constellation of feelings, thoughts, perceptions, and memories that may be in part unconscious and may strongly influence associations and attitudes.
- In jungian psychology, a personification of an archetype from the collective unconscious, residing in the personal unconscious.
- chemistry the relatively stable combination of two or more compounds into a larger molecule without covalent binding.
- A composite of chemical or immunologic structures.
- A structural anatomic entity made up of three or more interrelated parts.
- In electroencephalography, a recognizable series of waveforms that typically recur at intervals.
- An informal term used to denote a group of individual structures known or believed to be related anatomically, embryologically, or physiologically.
[L. complexus, woven together]
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
© Copyright 2018 Wolters Kluwer. All Rights Reserved. Review date: Sep 19, 2016.
Search Stedman's Medical Dictionary
Examples: glitazone, GI cocktail, etc.