- A condition of extreme prostration, similar or identical to hypovolemic shock and due to the same causes.
- A state of profound physical depression.
- A falling together of the walls of a structure.
- The failure of a physiologic system.
- The falling away of an organ from its surrounding structure, collapse of the lung.
[L. col-labor, pp. -lapsus, to fall together]
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
© Copyright 2018 Wolters Kluwer. All Rights Reserved. Review date: Sep 19, 2016.