- A condition of extreme prostration, similar or identical to hypovolemic shock and due to the same causes.
- A state of profound physical depression.
- A falling together of the walls of a structure.
- The failure of a physiologic system.
- The falling away of an organ from its surrounding structure, collapse of the lung.
[L. col-labor, pp. -lapsus, to fall together]
Disclaimer: This site is designed to offer information for general educational purposes only. The health information furnished on this site and the interactive responses are not intended to be professional advice and are not intended to replace personal consultation with a qualified physician, pharmacist, or other healthcare professional. You must always seek the advice of a professional for questions related to a disease, disease symptoms, and appropriate therapeutic treatments.
Search Stedman's Medical Dictionary
Examples: glitazone, GI cocktail, etc.
© Copyright 2017 Wolters Kluwer. All Rights Reserved. Review Date: Sep 19, 2016.