- To incise or seize with the teeth.
- The act of incision or seizure with the teeth.
- A morsel of food held between the teeth.
- Term used to denote the amount of pressure developed in closing the jaws.
- Undesirable jargon for terms such as interocclusal record, maxillomandibular registration, denture space, and interarch distance.
- A wound or puncture of the skin made by animal or insect.
Disclaimer: This site is designed to offer information for general educational purposes only. The health information furnished on this site and the interactive responses are not intended to be professional advice and are not intended to replace personal consultation with a qualified physician, pharmacist, or other healthcare professional. You must always seek the advice of a professional for questions related to a disease, disease symptoms, and appropriate therapeutic treatments.
Search Stedman's Medical Dictionary
Examples: glitazone, GI cocktail, etc.
© Copyright 2018 Wolters Kluwer. All Rights Reserved. Review Date: Sep 19, 2016.