- To strike; to throb or pulsate.
- A stroke, impulse, or pulsation, as of the heart or pulse.
- Activity of a cardiac chamber produced by catching a stimulus generated elsewhere in the heart.
- The perception of a third tone when two tones of slightly different frequencies are presented.
- One of a series of regularly pulsating tones created by the periodic mutual reinforcement of two simultaneously sounding tones that differ slightly in frequency.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
© Copyright 2018 Wolters Kluwer. All Rights Reserved. Review date: Sep 19, 2016.
Search Stedman's Medical Dictionary
Examples: glitazone, GI cocktail, etc.