- To strike; to throb or pulsate.
- A stroke, impulse, or pulsation, as of the heart or pulse.
- Activity of a cardiac chamber produced by catching a stimulus generated elsewhere in the heart.
- The perception of a third tone when two tones of slightly different frequencies are presented.
- One of a series of regularly pulsating tones created by the periodic mutual reinforcement of two simultaneously sounding tones that differ slightly in frequency.
Search Stedman's Medical Dictionary
Examples: glitazone, GI cocktail, etc.