- Any appliance or part of an apparatus that encircles or binds a part of the body.
- Any ribbon-shaped or cordlike anatomic structure that encircles or binds another structure or that connects two or more parts.
- A narrow strip containing one or more macromolecules (on occasion, small molecules) detected in electrophoresis or certain types of chromatography.
- A narrow range of wavelength in an electromagnetic spectrum.
- A zone of macromolecules in experiments involving centrifugation.
See Also: zone
Search Stedman's Medical Dictionary
Examples: glitazone, GI cocktail, etc.