- The segment of the upper limb between the shoulder and the elbow.
- An anatomic extension resembling an arm.
- A specifically shaped and positioned extension of a removable partial denture framework.
- One set of cases or participants in an epidemiologic study, especially a randomized controlled trial, in which comparisons or contrasts are being made between sets.
- Colloquially, the entire upper limb.
[L. armus, forequarter of an animal; G. harmos, a shoulder joint]
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
© Copyright 2018 Wolters Kluwer. All Rights Reserved. Review date: Sep 19, 2016.
Search Stedman's Medical Dictionary
Examples: glitazone, GI cocktail, etc.