- The segment of the upper limb between the shoulder and the elbow.
- An anatomic extension resembling an arm.
- A specifically shaped and positioned extension of a removable partial denture framework.
- One set of cases or participants in an epidemiologic study, especially a randomized controlled trial, in which comparisons or contrasts are being made between sets.
- Colloquially, the entire upper limb.
Synonym(s): brachio-, brachium1
[L. armus, forequarter of an animal; G. harmos, a shoulder joint]
Disclaimer: This site is designed to offer information for general educational purposes only. The health information furnished on this site and the interactive responses are not intended to be professional advice and are not intended to replace personal consultation with a qualified physician, pharmacist, or other healthcare professional. You must always seek the advice of a professional for questions related to a disease, disease symptoms, and appropriate therapeutic treatments.
Search Stedman's Medical Dictionary
Examples: glitazone, GI cocktail, etc.
© Copyright 2018 Wolters Kluwer. All Rights Reserved. Review Date: Sep 19, 2016.