- The period that has elapsed since birth.
- One of the periods into which human life is divided, distinguished by physical evolution, equilibrium, and involution; the seven ages of humankind are infancy, childhood, adolescence, young adulthood, middle life, senescence, and senility.
- To grow old; to gradually develop changes in structure that are not due to preventable disease or trauma and that are associated with decreased functional capacity and an increased probability of death.
- To artificially induce an appearance that is characteristic of one who has lived long or of a thing that has existed for a long time.
- In dentistry materials science, the treatment of a material to stabilize or strengthen it by causing a coherent precipitate to form. A coherent precipitate is particle formation caused by clustering of atoms of one type as part of a lattice consisting of more than one atom type.
[F. âge, L. aetas]
Search Stedman's Medical Dictionary
Examples: glitazone, GI cocktail, etc.