- The act of rendering active.
- An increase in the energy content of an atom or molecule, effected by means such as increased temperature or absorption of light photons that renders that atom or molecule more reactive.
- Techniques of stimulating the brain by light, sound, electricity, or chemical agents, to elicit abnormal activity in the electroencephalogram.
- Stimulation of peripheral nerve fibers to the point that action potentials are initiated.
- Stimulation of cell division in an oocyte by fertilization or by artificial means.
- The act of making radioactive.
See Also: cross-section
Search Stedman's Medical Dictionary
Examples: glitazone, GI cocktail, etc.