- Distillation or separation of the volatile constituents of a substance.
- Exclusive mental concentration.
- The making of an abstract from the crude drug.
- Malocclusion in which the teeth or associated structures are lower than their normal occlusal plane.
- The processes or the results of discernment of formulation of general concepts from specific examples, and/or ascertainment of a given aspect of a concept from the whole.
[L. abs-traho, pp. -tractus, to draw away]
See Also: odontoptosis
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
© Copyright 2018 Wolters Kluwer. All Rights Reserved. Review date: Sep 19, 2016.
Search Stedman's Medical Dictionary
Examples: glitazone, GI cocktail, etc.