User Reviews for Shingrix

Herpes Zoster, Prophylaxis

Summary of Shingrix reviews 4.9 23 reviews

Reviews for Shingrix

For Herpes Zoster, Prophylaxis "Received the first shot yesterday 5/22 at Walgreens. No side effects other than a sore arm until I went to bed about 10 pm. I was unable to sleep the entire night and experienced chills, shaking and a bad headache. I also had a pain in upper abdomen that would come and go. I have never experienced any other significant side effects with any of the other vaccines I have received over my 66 years."

Steven (taken for less than 1 month) May 23, 2018

For Herpes Zoster, Prophylaxis "Vaccination made me seriously ill I had severe headaches chills fever and my joints ached so badly I could hardly stand the pain"

None (taken for less than 1 month) May 22, 2018

For Herpes Zoster, Prophylaxis "I was ill for a day after the first injection, chills, fever, muscle and joint ache. I just received the second injection and I was not as violently ill but I was out of commission for a day. Really weak and achy, not quite as much chills and a low grade fever. My arm hurt much worse on the second dose. I scheduled the second dose so that I would not miss work as happened the first time - without knowing what I would feel like - so I lost a day of my weekend. I hope it is worth it. Someone noted that the manufacturer info says it is not known if it will last longer than 4 years."

EB (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 21, 2018

For Herpes Zoster, Prophylaxis "I had a bad case of shingles and I don't want it again. Yes, the vaccine has side effects. Its been 3 days and I still feel bad, chills, fever, body aches and diarrhea. The arm hurts but that's the least of my concerns. If this vaccine really prevent the shingles in my opinion, what I'm going thru does not compare to a bad case of shingles."

LadyD May 20, 2018

For Herpes Zoster, Prophylaxis "I got the shot on a Wednesday. On Thursday, I had chills, nausea, a fever of 101+, and a migraine. On Friday, I still have the headache, and lethargy. I still have a sore arm, but I can take that. I’m DREADING getting the second dose. I didn’t know the side effects could be so severe, so didn’t plan to be knocked completely off my feet. "

Pat (taken for less than 1 month) May 11, 2018

For Herpes Zoster, Prophylaxis "After the 1st injection my arm was pretty sore and took about 3-4 days to feel better. After the 2nd injection the arm was sore in the evening and the day after I felt like a truck hit me!!! I'm feeling better the 2nd day after the injection. I guess in the long run I'd better suffer for a few days instead of getting shingles and being in pain for who knows how long!!!!"

hotrod May 10, 2018

For Herpes Zoster, Prophylaxis "I had the first dose 4/20/2018. The actual injection was pretty painless. I have to say that the side effects were a bit more than I expected. Very sore arm, feverish feeling (off and on hot flashes), fatigue, mild headache - all of which slowly dissipated after a couple of days. It was one the tougher vaccinations I have had, but it was certainly tolerable. I am 64. I had Shingles (mild case) at 39! Didn't want to get it again. I will get the 2nd dose as indicated."

StangGT (taken for less than 1 month) May 7, 2018

"After 1 injection, my Morphea (a skin condition) had a big flare. Hadn't had problem in several years. Had 2 miserable days after shot. Not sure if I will take the 2nd one."

Darcie (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 3, 2018

For Herpes Zoster, Prophylaxis "This is the 2nd full day after my first shot of Shingrix. The side effects are the worst of any inoculation I've ever had. The shot itself was more painful than most other shots I've gotten. The pain at the inoculation site (right deltoid) is still with me and I've now got a red, warm area near it (that showed up this morning). The shot has also given me a headache, slight fever, general aches and pains, and sharp pains in my right thigh. Thankfully, at least the headache and feverish feeling seems to be fading this morning. As others have said, I'd much rather go through this than what happens with a full blown case of Shingles. But, I dread the second shot in 2 to 6 months. If anyone has had the second shot, are the side effects better, worse, or the same?"

I ainta gonna tell ya (taken for less than 1 month) April 27, 2018

For Herpes Zoster, Prophylaxis "Both my husband and I received the 1st shot yesterday. Last night was one of the worst nights ever. We both had chills, extreme muscle and joint pain. This morning I got up and almost passed out. Low grade fever, very shaky and terrible headache. Didn't expect this and feel we should have been warned by pharmacy. Site pain was the least of it. Not looking forward to the 2nd shot, but still better than getting shingles. Both mother and friend had it and suffered horribly. Next time I will be prepared and make sure I have a couple of days free."

RMR (taken for less than 1 month) April 26, 2018

For Herpes Zoster, Prophylaxis "I had my first injection about 3 months ago and only experienced a sore arm with a red spot for about a week and a half. Got my second injection a few days ago and besides the sore arm, had full-on flu symptoms. Muscle aches, lethargy, weakness, chills and fever up to 100 degrees. Still feeling ill after 3 days. If it works to keep me from getting shingles, it's worth it."

Carrie (taken for less than 1 month) April 26, 2018

For Herpes Zoster, Prophylaxis "First injection 01/12/2018 - fairly painful at injection site for 3 days, fairly painful joint pain, starting the 3rd day, and continuing for 2 more days. Slight headache, and general malaise for 1 day following the injection. Second injection 04/12/2018 - same symptoms as above, but less so. Unfortunately, on the 5th day, I developed severe pain across the front of my chest (Shingles), under the right arm and continuing to the center of my back. The pain felt like it actually penetrated deep into my skin, even to the underlying muscles. The pain finally started to abate 04/22/2018, and continues to improve."

Don (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 24, 2018

For Herpes Zoster, Prophylaxis "I experienced all of the side effects, including swollen glands on the right side of my body, primarily my neck. The glandular discomfort is now beginning to dissipate after 6 days. Swallowing was difficult. Felt like I had been tossed off of a moving train the second and third day, day four the glandular swelling and pain showed up. Morning of day 6 I now almost feel normal. It's still absolutely worth it in my mind. My co worker just experienced a full blown episode of shingles out of the blue. He had never before had any symptoms. The poor man is suffering 24/7. It's in his mouth and he can't easily eat. I can take a week of discomfort if this will prevent the potential for a lifetime of pain and suffering I have recently witnessed first hand."

Michael (taken for less than 1 month) April 23, 2018

For Herpes Zoster, Prophylaxis "I was injected with the first dose as recommended by a large chain pharmacist. Before taking the dose, I asked specifically about side effects. The pharmacist said I may experience some soreness at the injection site and "flu-like" symptoms similar to a flu shot. The pharmacist should have been more forthcoming with the side effects. I could barely lift my arm immediately after the injection. I am now on day 5 and still cannot lift my arm. On day two, I spent the night hugging the toilet. I was nauseated on day three and four having a hard time keeping my food down. Also, on day three and four, I had 101* plus fever causing me to miss work. I called the pharmacy and talked with a different pharmacist. He said those side effects are common and if my fever lasts another day, I should contact my doctor or go to the emergency room. Of course, I should not have fallen for the pharmacy's sale tactics. Talk to your doctor first before getting this vaccine."

Dave April 22, 2018

For Herpes Zoster, Prophylaxis "Not looking forward to my second shot within 2-6 months. This is my forth day and my arm where I was injected is still very sore.On the second day I also experienced shivers.This was worst than having a Colonoscopy!! The cost was $152.00 x2. Hope this works as they say!"

Sam (taken for less than 1 month) April 14, 2018

For Herpes Zoster, Prophylaxis "I can’t say how effective the shot is, so just picked a number of stars. I got it four days ago, and still have a sore arm with a big, red spot. That’s the least of the side effects. I have fibromyalgia, IBS-D, and vestibular migraine, and this injection has flared up all 3 conditions. That said, it’s better than getting shingles. My mom had shingles, and I’d rather go through these side effects than have that misery. At least now I know to plan on a lot of down-time when I get the next shot."

CarolinaGirl (taken for less than 1 month) April 10, 2018

For Herpes Zoster, Prophylaxis "I received my first shot a couple of weeks ago and the only side effect I had was a sore stiff arm at injection site that last two days. Not a bad tradeoff compared to the pain that shingles can cause."

Teddy April 9, 2018

For Herpes Zoster, Prophylaxis "Wow.. Certainly worse than any other vaccine -the side effects are really bad -lost a day of work (which is expected if you read the fine print) had to take some leftover pain killers to offset outrageous headache that will wake you up the first night, chills, nausea... and I have to do the booster in 2 months ? Someone has a lot of nerve approving this for the general public because I had a pretty good threshold for pain/discomfort. The sore arm is the least of the symptoms."

DR Reed April 7, 2018

For Herpes Zoster, Prophylaxis "Hours after the administration of the medicine I experienced diarrhea. The second day I was weak and ill feeling, almost like the flu. The third day and I have chills and headache. I'm dreading the second dosage."

LAINEY GIRL (taken for less than 1 month) April 4, 2018

For Herpes Zoster, Prophylaxis "I experienced every side effect from headache to nausea to lethargy to arm soreness. All sides effects dissipated within 3 days. Though I don’t look forward to the 2nd dose, I understand that shingles is much, much worse. I haven’t read anything about needing a booster shot 5-10 years out. Anyone know about this?"

Aquaman (taken for less than 1 month) March 6, 2018

For Herpes Zoster, Prophylaxis "I experienced almost every side effect listed. Read before you agree to take this med. Doctors don't even know much. Dr. Google to the rescue again..."

Bren (taken for less than 1 month) February 24, 2018

For Herpes Zoster, Prophylaxis "Three days after the shot and I am still experiencing a large, red, swollen, painful area around the injection site. The first night after the shot I was awakened by a horrid headache (lasted 3 days) and uncontrollable shaking - lasted one night. I am dreading having to get the second shot."

Blinibaby February 16, 2018

For Herpes Zoster, Prophylaxis "Some side effects that resolved within 24 hours: 100 degree fever, chills/shivering, and mild headache. Muscle pain at injection site started within a few hours after injection, but lessened to almost negligible within a couple of days. Manufacturers info shows these as side effects for some people, so be advised."

User1873647 (taken for less than 1 month) January 29, 2018

For Herpes Zoster, Prophylaxis "Day 1 & 2 after injection: Headache (helped with Ibuprofin) Fatigue Muscle Aches General feeling of illness/tiredness. Loss of appetite Redness and soreness at injection site. It didn't help that the person who gave it to me put it under the skin instead of in the muscle."

Lsmithtoo (taken for less than 1 month) January 10, 2018