User Reviews for Zoster vaccine, inactivated

Also known as: Shingrix

Herpes Zoster, Prophylaxis   5.1

Reviews for Zoster vaccine, inactivated

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month February 17, 2021

Shingrix (zoster vaccine, inactivated) for Herpes Zoster, Prophylaxis: “I am 54 female that decided to get this vaccine since I had chicken pox as a child. That said I am also a stage 4 lung cancer patient so, I asked my oncologist about getting it and she said I’m fine to get if I choose to do so. The first injection I only experienced tenderness in the arm that I received it in. I got the second one yesterday. The arm that I had it in was so sore I couldn’t even sleep on that side then I woke up about 3 AM with the worst headache ever I don’t even remember getting that kind of headaches when there was a tumor in my head (that had metastasized to my brain). The aches and pains including nausea are off the chart today. I would still recommend it because I know that this is nothing compared to the pain and long-term effects to shingles. I have taken some ibuprofen and this does help with the aches and headaches and fortunately I have medication for nausea anyway due to my condition so I took that as well so right now I’m feeling a little better.”

Peter · Taken for less than 1 month February 14, 2021

Shingrix (zoster vaccine, inactivated) for Herpes Zoster, Prophylaxis: “I had prepared for serious side effects and booked the Shingrix injection into a work from home week with an easy work schedule. A >90% effective vaccine against shingles was worth the expected pain after I had seen our neighbor come down with shingles. Fortunately, the first injection was pretty much painless and not worse than a flu injection. I only noticed slight sensitivity when applying pressure to the injection site. Due to unexpected work issues, I had one hour bicycle rides through steep terrain to and from work on the day of the vaccination and two days later without any problems.”

Charlie · Taken for less than 1 month February 14, 2021

Shingrix (zoster vaccine, inactivated) for Herpes Zoster, Prophylaxis: “I am a 57 year old female. I got my first dose the week after Thanksgiving with only a low temperature of 100.3 or 4. On January 11th, I started with Covid-19 with minimal symptoms. After about a week the symptoms were gone. A couple of days ago I got my second shingles vaccine. My arm got sore, but the next day it was just a bit tender at the injection site. On the day after injection, I had a temp of 100.3 and light headache. As the day went on I had fatigue. That evening the fever broke and I had a bit of nausea and diarrhea. I went to bed and slept great. On the second day, all is good.”

Anita · Taken for less than 1 month February 14, 2021

Shingrix (zoster vaccine, inactivated) for Herpes Zoster, Prophylaxis: “Had first vaccine February 12 and it is 36 hours later And the injection site hurts, upper arm near shoulder is sore. Feel very blah, tired, headache, and had a brief fever of 99 but was able to work today.”

JB · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 14, 2021

Shingrix (zoster vaccine, inactivated) for Herpes Zoster, Prophylaxis: “The day after my first Shingrix dose I had a fever, chills, headache and felt generally lousy. The next day I felt fine. I just had my second dose and other than a sore arm, I feel well. I took some ibuprofen for the pain. It was a much easier experience than my first dose. (56 year old healthy male)”

NP · Taken for less than 1 month February 13, 2021

Shingrix (zoster vaccine, inactivated) for Herpes Zoster, Prophylaxis: “I took Shingrix for possibility of a Shingles infection because I have had Chickenpox as a child. How I wish I did more research before simply rushing to the clinic and getting it. The first one was not so bad but I had fever and muscle aches. The second one was a disaster. I had severe muscle pain, headache and fever. Today is the third day after the second Shingrix vaccine. Only if I did some research, I would have found out there is another option (Zostavax) that would have caused much less side effects. If you considering getting vaccinated for Shingles, I would say don't take Shingrix!”

mabbeb February 13, 2021

Shingrix (zoster vaccine, inactivated) for Herpes Zoster, Prophylaxis: “I received 1st dose of Shingrix in March 2019 at age 65. A few hours later awful symptoms began - chills, fever, diarrhea, terrible joint & bone aches, skin hurt all over (even to keep lying down and turn over), heavy coughing, terrible headache, eye pain, nausea - it was miserable. It started out full bore that first evening and just got worse and worse until by 2nd night I though it was the end of me and almost let my roommate take me to the ER. But I stuck it out, stayed in bed and tried to sleep through it. Started to feel a little better on the 4th day but was confined to bed until the 6th day. Doc said was extreme reaction to the injection and I was advised I should not take the 2nd dose.”

twollier moore February 11, 2021

For Herpes Zoster, Prophylaxis: “Greetings to the general public, i want to tell about how i was cured of HPV disease by a Doctor called DR MOMOH i was browsing through the Internet searching for remedy on HPV and i saw comment of people talking about how DR MOMOH cured them. I Was scared because i never believed in the Internet but i was convince to give him a try because i having no hope of been cured of HPV so i decided to contact him with his email that was listed on the comment when i contacted him he gave me hope and send a Herbal medicine to me that i took and it seriously worked for me, am a free person now without problem, my HPV result came out negative. I pray for you God will give you everlasting life, you shall not die before your time for being a sincere and great man. Am so happy, you can also contact him if you have any problem Email: dr.momoh9@gmail.com , or whatsApp him on this number +2347083724098 1. LOVE SPELL 2. ALS CURE 3. HEPATITIS B 4. HIV/AIDS CURE 5. HERPES CURE 6 SPIRITUAL HEALERS”

So sick February 10, 2021

Shingrix (zoster vaccine, inactivated) for Herpes Zoster, Prophylaxis: “I got the first injection 4.5 months ago and felt just awful for a few days. Looked online and saw that many decided not to get second dose because of such wretched side effects. Not sure why I thought it was brave for me to put myself through this again but got second dose yesterday and am feeling soooo sick today. Splitting headache, fever, chills, nauseous. Hoping the protection lasts a lifetime because I don’t think I would ever do this again.”

Jose February 10, 2021

Shingrix (zoster vaccine, inactivated): “Received the first Shingrix injections at Walgreens. Soon developed nickel sized red welts on injected arm. Turned solid red for weeks. Pain and severe itching. Dr. Told me not to get second shot. I still have redness and pain at site. I have since received covid shot with no reaction. I do not recommend Shingrix”

AMPK · Taken for less than 1 month February 7, 2021

Shingrix (zoster vaccine, inactivated) for Herpes Zoster, Prophylaxis: “Got my 2nd Shingles injection 2 months after my first injection. Took Tylenol before getting both injections. 1st injection has sore arm, headache, not too bad. 2nd injection I had gotten a really sore arm right away and started feeling headache, sore, achy all over and kinda dizzy and nauseous within a couple hours. Had extremely sore joints and headaches for 3 days. I’ve had every immunization there is (from the military) and this by far was the worst one. But I would do it again if needed to avoid Shingles!!!!”

Bet · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 3, 2021

Shingrix (zoster vaccine, inactivated) for Herpes Zoster, Prophylaxis: “I am 71 year old female. I took the Shingles vaccine July 2020 in CVS. I asked about side effects and was told I might experience pain at the injection site. The second day after the vaccine I started feeling very tired, no energy and cold and this lasted about 5 days. The pain at the injection site was nasty. My arm was red, hot and swollen and extremely painful. This lasted for the next 3 weeks to a point of waking me in my sleep if I moved. In addition, one week after the injection I had a colitis attack. I am not taking the second injection.”

Nise February 1, 2021

Shingrix (zoster vaccine, inactivated) for Herpes Zoster, Prophylaxis: “I am 69 year old female. I do take an immunosuppressant medication. Received 1st Shringrix injection on a Thursday. I will add I also had my annual flu shot on the same day. By Saturday afternoon I was experiencing pain around my right side along ribs around to spine. I thought I had pulled a muscle. By Tuesday I, very obviously, had the shingles rash and pain and itching. Dr confirmed it and prescribed antiviral medication. I had the rash and some pain on the right rib cage (sternum to spine) for 6-8 weeks. My Dr and pharmacist both recommended I not get the second dose. Everything I have read; a shingles breakout should not have happened with this vaccine.”

ICK February 1, 2021

Shingrix (zoster vaccine, inactivated) for Herpes Zoster, Prophylaxis: “My first injection of the vaccine was administered along with the flu vaccine back at the end of October 2020 and I had no adverse reaction. I just had my second injection of Shingix and was relieved to read my symptoms are not uncommon. I experienced a medium grade headache, chills and at the site of the vaccination redness and radiating heat. This is day 3 after the vaccine and the headache and chills are gone but the soreness in my arm and redness persists but I do feel and see it subsiding. I previously had a case of shingles which was caught early but nevertheless the nerve pain felt like I had been sutured in the back without medication. Luckily I did not experience any residual pain afterward. I would recommend getting vaccine notwithstanding a couple of days of discomfort.”

Silvia January 28, 2021

Shingrix (zoster vaccine, inactivated) for Herpes Zoster, Prophylaxis: “I’m an active 70-year old healthy female with no medical conditions. Had shingles 25 years ago, so decided to get the new vaccine. My first injection in this second round was no problem at all. Got my second injection yesterday morning. In the afternoon and evening, I felt achy and chilled. Last night I slept as if I‘d been hit by a truck and couldn’t move. My body was a dead weight. This morning I felt better and got up to make coffee. But when I got downstairs, I felt clammy and thought I was going to pass out. A wave of nausea hit me like a ton of bricks, and I had to lie down on the floor. I stretched out on the floor for a few minutes and then crawled to the bathroom with an urgency to sit on the toilet. Then dry heaves released everything that was in my stomach onto the floor, which thankfully wasn’t much. Then it seemed to pass. After reading others’ experiences, hoping to fast forward the rest of this day and the next one.”

Honey bun · Taken for less than 1 month January 23, 2021

Shingrix (zoster vaccine, inactivated) for Herpes Zoster, Prophylaxis: “I’m a healthy active 69 year old female who eats well & walk or lift weights. I got the shingles injection (second dose). I’m miserable, ache all over, shivering, feel like bad flu. I have had Covid 19, in early October, so we know it’s not that. I just guess I’ll have to ride it out.”

Mikey · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 23, 2021

Shingrix (zoster vaccine, inactivated) for Herpes Zoster, Prophylaxis: “I had first dose in end of October 2020. Headache that night. Took ibuprofen went to bed. Woke up at 2am with chills. In the morning and rest of the day I felt like I had a mild flu. Too fatigue to cook. The next day I felt perfectly fine. Recommend that you plan it when you have the next day off from work. I'm getting my second dose soon.”

Kk · Taken for less than 1 month January 19, 2021

Shingrix (zoster vaccine, inactivated) for Herpes Zoster, Prophylaxis: “My side effects to the second dose of Shingrix vaccine was horrible. Prepare to be in bed with fever, chills and horrible body aches. I had them for two days.”

Ellie · Taken for less than 1 month January 18, 2021

Shingrix (zoster vaccine, inactivated) for Herpes Zoster, Prophylaxis: “Write specifics please so those that are paranoid during CoVid can be at peace -upper thigh muscle severe random pain -severe joint aches everywhere -injection site arm muscle pain - headache -low grade fever 101f -foggy malaise feeling. Hard to concentrate What really helped was sunshine( although I suddenly felt I hated sun) and fresh air and acetaminophen. Long daytime walk with dog. I got too achy to walk at night.”

sorearmguyintexas · Taken for less than 1 month January 17, 2021

Shingrix (zoster vaccine, inactivated) for Herpes Zoster, Prophylaxis: “This is a powerful vaccine. I had the 2nd dose yesterday. Today, I've had fatigue, body aches, chills, fever, and a racing heartbeat of 110 to 120 beats. The pharmacists did warn me that I'd be sick for two days, so I have another day of this ahead of me.”

Jac · Taken for less than 1 month January 17, 2021

Shingrix (zoster vaccine, inactivated) for Herpes Zoster, Prophylaxis: “I received first vaccine- thought I was fine until 24 hours later. Then I started with joint and muscle pain. Nausea, headache , fever and injection site pain. Nerve pain from shoulder to elbow like a sunburn for 3 days. Burned if I scratched it. Stayed In bed 3 days. Second injection worse. Both arms swelled, erythma and tenderness at injection site. Day two I experienced muscle and joint pain. Weird bone pain in breastbone. Headache, severe neck pain, left shoulder and scapular pain. I am 55 yo female. Healthy. It took about a week to feel good again. I still recommend the vaccine. I am a nurse and have cared for shingles patients. Brutal experience that can last for months with long term complications.”

Sally January 17, 2021

Shingrix (zoster vaccine, inactivated) for Herpes Zoster, Prophylaxis: “I had the last Shingrix vaccine the other day. I did fine the first time. This time I had the worst migraine I ever had. I ended up collapsing, for the first time ever, in my house. I spent a day in the hospital. They say it’s worth it but I haven’t gotten to that point. I can’t imagine king it again in 4 years.”

TTQT · Taken for less than 1 month January 16, 2021

Shingrix (zoster vaccine, inactivated) for Herpes Zoster, Prophylaxis: “I am a 65 yr old woman. Had 1st shot this past summer. Slept with an ice pack for two nights to relieve soreness but had no other side effects and it did not effect mobility. Just had 2nd shot this morning at 11am. It is now 8 pm and I have had zero side effects. I had a zip lock bag of ice with me that I immediately applied to my arm and I took two tylenol. My arm is not sore and I feel fine. Will repost if I experience any side effects in the coming days”

G January 12, 2021

Shingrix (zoster vaccine, inactivated) for Herpes Zoster, Prophylaxis: “Just got second dose. So far so good. About 8 hrs after first dose I had severe pain in right side. like mild kidney stone event. Was neutral about taking second dose. A friend convinced me. Told me story of a woman who had shingles that attacked her brain and turned her into a vegetable.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month January 8, 2021

Shingrix (zoster vaccine, inactivated) for Herpes Zoster, Prophylaxis: “I am 52 year old female. I received my first Shingrix vacination in early October and I had no real side effects. It felt no difference than the flu injection or the typhoid injection that I received. I received my second injection on a Wednesday and did not think anything about it because I usually do not suffer from side effects. But by mid day my stomach was bothering me nothing major, pain level was about a 2 of 10. After walking about 5 miles, and as the evening progressed, the level of discomfort increased to about 8. I was tired the next day and the pain was constant and I had no appetite. I was able to return back to work 2 days later. I did my own research and decided to take the injection because although I was exposed to the chickenpox as a child on multiple occasions, I did not get them. So there is no telling, if I would get shingles. No regrets, my body is doing what it should to fight an invader.”