User Reviews for Zolpidem (Page 8)

Also known as: Ambien, Ambien CR, Edluar, Intermezzo, Zolpimist

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Zolpidem.

Insomnia
7.4

Summary of Zolpidem reviews 7.4 672 reviews

Reviews for Zolpidem

For Insomnia: "I was on Zolpidem for around a month. It does make me go to sleep and is great for short-term use. However, you can become psychologically dependent on it. I started looking forward to my nightly fix and would feel panicky if I my supply was running low. It got to the point only 10mg could make me sleep. 5 mg did nothing for me (and I'm a very petite lady). It was very difficult to come off it. I've been off Zolpidem for nearly two months. I sleep naturally but my sleep isn't as good as it was before i.e. I wake up several times throughout the night. I don't know if this is an effect of month-long Zolpidem use. So in a nutshell - great for short-term use but long-term causes extreme dependency."

Pie Pie (taken for less than 1 month) October 12, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "Northstar generic 1 out of 10 better off taking benadryl."

Mof (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 11, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "I have taken Ambein for about 4 years, never wake up tired or groggy. Stay asleep for a good 6-7 hours. Best sleep med I have taken."

Robphins65 (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 4, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "Not my experience but my wife's,very effective and addictive,after work the highlight to her day is taking this, has changed her personality and what's important to her. Tried many different things and this is where where at,"

Rz1 October 2, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "Took ambien for the first time last night after not sleeping all night for months. I didn't want to wake up late or groggy. This worked wonders. Took at 9ish just woke up at 6. So happy I didn't sleep in but also got a full nights rest... Now let's hope I didn't do anything weird."

Alifair October 2, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "I have been on Ambien for almost a month now. This drug works maybe a 30 mins later but I do not stay sleep. It gives me maybe a good 6 hours of rest. I'm tired throughout the day but still can't fall asleep when I get home."

Still tired October 2, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "I have been taking 5 mg of Ambien for quite a while. It has, however, been making me wake up, every hour on the hour, and I eat and eat through out the night. Years ago I took Ambien and I would wake up and I would find crumbs in the bed and would not remember even eating anything. Let's just say, I gain 'unneeded' weight...... ;( I told my psychiatrist today that I want to stop taking it and that I wish to 'wean' myself off of it, and she told me to 'just do it'. You don't have to worry about weaning it. Your on such a small dose." On every thing I have ever read and learned (I am a RN), you wean yourself off of any medicine. So I am going to wean myself off of the Ambien. Thanks for reading."

kdblueey (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 18, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "I kept waking up"

Anonymous September 17, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "I personally have not taken this medication but my mother has. I am 19 and she started taking it when I was 12. It for the most part helped her insomnia but the side effects were extreme. I would have to stay up until she had fallen asleep because if I didn't she would do things and not remember them the next morning. She would take our dog for a walk in the dark at 10 at night by herself. There was one occasion where she woke up on our neighbors cement front porch with our dog. She had no recollection of how she got there. She would eat strange things like vineager and ketchup chicken quesadillas, she would fall down the stairs, she would lose things, and she got very addicted. Coming off it was horrible. The night terrors were insane"

Utahgirl September 17, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "I have tried everything to get to sleep and nothing worked, my mind can't turn off until I got this. I take 10mg and sleep like a baby with No side effects what so ever. It's a god send for me."

ugdvnjg September 17, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "I was prescribed this (5 mg) to help me sleep. No other medication or remedy worked. Since I've taken this, I have got the best sleep of my life. About 10 mins after taking the pill, I already start feeling loopy and tired. The only downside is that I wake up with a drug hangover and feel a little off for a few hours, but that's far better than being grouchy and sleep deprived."

aerodrel September 17, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "If I could give it a 0 I would. I can't remember the last time I slept and the pills didn't make me do so much as little as yawn- sick of it and the doctors won't help."

dieing2sleep (taken for less than 1 month) September 17, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "Wow is all I can say... Within 30 minutes... I could feel the effects of the Ambien. Within 3 minutes of my head hitting my pillow. I was out like a damn light. I only woke up once in the middle of the night,and that was because my husband was moving around on the bed. But I went right back to sleep. This stuff has given me the best sleep I've had in WEEKS. Thank you!"

Pand0rahBear (taken for less than 1 month) September 16, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "Works fine with 6mg tizanidine. Without the muscle relaxer, it puts me into a groggy, euphoric state, and I still can't sleep."

Room_101 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 7, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "I experience insomnia in that my mind often does not "turn off," I tend to keep thinking once I lay down in bed. Over the counter sleep aids have been ineffective and leave me drowsy the day after. Ambien turns off my mind and I sleep well. Sometimes I wake up in about 5 to 6 hours, if I need a bit more sleep then I take a half pill (5 mg) for the remaining two extra hours of sleep that I need to feel well rested. I have had no side effects."

Mark Andrews August 30, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "I wrote earlier, but wanted to add something about pumpkin seed oil. I have pelvic floor dysfunction from a hysterectomy, and my bladder plus IBS wakes me up all night - every 1.5 hours or so. Since I've been taking pumpkin seed oil (an organic brand) - a little over a teaspoon, I sleep much better. I hope to get off the Ambien eventually and just use the a Sleep Aid and the pumpkins seed oil."

Seashell Again August 25, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "I take 5 or 10 mg depending on the day. I love this med. it shuts my mind off so i can sleep. I've tried cutting out caffeine using allergy meds herbal type sleep aides and Tylenol pm....the crap doesn't work. Ambien is only thing that's worked and I've never done anything dangerous or weird on it"

Vanise August 22, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "This drug will knock you out for sure, but it has some really crazy side effects that I didn't think would actually happen to me, mainly doing stuff that I don't remember at all -- one night I made an extremely hefty online purchase and had no recollection of it. I also "drunk text" on Ambien, or otherwise say things verbally to people that I don't remember. This has happened a number of times and actually caused a lot of problems in my last relationship. I've woken up literally covered in food. It also worsened my depression. Not a great experience."

wfseam1 August 20, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "LOVE IT! I have never had a side effect and look forward to bed which I no longer dread! I cut 5 mg, in half and if wake-up and can't get back to sleep take other half. Highly recommend,"

Just Jude August 17, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "Ambien was not the drug for me. There were mental side effects that caused me to being depressed, and confusion about life interests. I was in the emergency room 4 times in one weekend after 2 months of taking ambien prescribed by my doctor to help me sleep. I will never take this drug again. !!"

ginger pops August 15, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "I have been taking ambien for a month and a half. It does eventually help me to fall asleep but it comes with a couple of side effects. One of those side effect is I get very loopy and weird. Also I do not remember anything when I wake up from the time after I take ambien. I probably will not remember writing this review."

Govinda Chajulal is my name (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 8, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "EXTREMELY addicting and after a while you need more AND more to sleep. Also, in mornings I would find cooked meals, tv and lights on, and scary time I found bicycle out front! !! STAY AWAY FROM THIS AND LANISTA."

Anonymous August 2, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "Been taking the 10mg until it got discontinued and now have the 5mg. I take a whole mg with a half 5mg and this works perfectly for me. I haven't had any weird side effects and have been on this med for 12 years. I take it on a totally empty stomach and after about 15 minutes I have a snack before bed if I happened to have missed dinner, After snack, off to bed. Ambien is my best friend. I am in my late 60's."

Bumba July 23, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "Take it on an empty stomach, or it won't work. I have terrible insomnia and have been on it long-term. It still works after 15 years. It had some initial side effects, but they went away after a few months. It works very well, but I gave it eight stars only because you have to take on an empty stomach. If I eat a late dinner, I can count on it not working. Otherwise, it's the only medication that has helped me sleep. I take 15-20 mg per night."

pjryder75 July 16, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Edluar (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "I have taken OTC to ambien and lunesta. There is no similar comparison. This is my miracle drug for insomnia. The bad taste is actually to help you remember you took the drug. It was designed for those who wake at night and need to go back to sleep thus again helping remember you took it. You can break them easy and can take 1/2 before bed and one if you wake up. Use the free trial and down load the coupon card for the rest of the year. You will not be disappointed in the medication. Make sure the pharmacy "hooks" it to the script every time. They seem to forget. Too expensive of a tier as it is!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 7, 2015