User Reviews for Zolpidem (Page 8)

Also known as: Ambien, Ambien CR, Edluar, Intermezzo, Zolpimist

Learn more about Zolpidem.

Insomnia 576 reviews 110 medications

7.5
Summary of Zolpidem reviews 576 reviews 7.5

Reviews for Zolpidem

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "I have terrible chronic insomnia. I have safely taken this medication for over 12 years, with no significant side effects. Go to bed as soon as you take the medication. In my case the window for working is very short---7-10 minutes. If it hasn't helped me sleep by 15 minutes, it isn't going to help for that particular time. I would recommend this medication to anyone!"

phantom2jetpilot (taken for 10 years or more) December 26, 2013

83 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "This medicine works to get me to sleep and stay asleep. HOWEVER I quickly become dependent on it and cant get to sleep without it so I can't take it as needed. Also I noticed that I seem to need larger doses rapidly. My insomnia issues are generally manageable if I avoid caffeine and don't eat too close to bedtime."

ona katiya November 17, 2013

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "Wonderful medication!!"

fastjetpilot (taken for 10 years or more) November 8, 2013

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "Ambien CR 12.5 works for me, but, for some reason I can't take the generic. Negates my anti-depressant (doctor has tried me on different anit-depressants & does it on all of them.) Has anyone else had this problem? Very weird."

Kattigirl November 1, 2013

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "It truly works great! I am so happy that my doctor prescribed it for me for my insomnia."

Reservechic October 26, 2013

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "Life time insomnia, 5 mg ambien is good for me. One half hour before bedtime I take 5 mg, turn off tv, put books aside, computer is off and I am in bed. Generally wake up 7 hrs later thanking the sleep Gods for a good night!"

Kaykaypr (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 25, 2013

For Insomnia: "Hi- 43 year old female with chronic pain & insomnia. For whatever reason, Ambien worked for me quite well a decade ago. Today, it no longer works. I even had a DNA rest done to see if I metabolize this medicine differently, but it was "normal". I do not go into a deep sleep, ever. Rather, I take many "naps", constantly dreaming-meaning I never get out of REM, so I'm constantly exhausted. I, too, have tried every other product on the market (prescription) to no avail. Ten years ago, I'd have given it a solid 8. Best wishes to all of you who suffer from this horrible condition, especially those with other conditions. Lack of sleep certainly exacerbates what you're body is already dealing with. Good luck..."

TMToni October 22, 2013

For Insomnia: "Don't keep me asleep and have weird dream with this medication"

Nika30 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 6, 2013

For Insomnia: "Some nights it works great, others not so much, but overall one of the best sleep aids."

mikel52588 (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 5, 2013

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "I have many incurable diseases that are very painful. One of those is called Fibromyalgia. When you have Fibromyalgia, you rarely-if ever go to Stage 4 sleep. Without Ambien, I can be awake for 2-3 days. In pain, exhausted, crying and not able to sleep. I have been on all OTC medications for sleep. I have also tried Ambien CR (which for some reason doesn't work at all for me), Lunesta, Sonata, and chloral hydrate. (For those who don't know Chloral Hydrate is VERY strong). None of those worked. Ambien does!"

llcmal (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 5, 2013

For Insomnia: "By far, the best sleep medication out there. After trying sleeping medicine after sleeping medicine, I finally found one that actually worked. It works like a charm every time. Thank you Ambien for giving me my life back!"

Johnny82 September 28, 2013

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "I have taken this in addition to Benadryl for the last five years and noticed that it seems to work within 20 or 30 minutes as opposed to Benadryl which takes about an hour. The problem is if you take it too early before going to bed you may miss the window period and lie awake in bed restless. I've never had any of the adverse side effects like weird dreams or sleepwalking but it also seems to wake me up eight hours after taking it regardless of the time. It's probably the best as needed medicine for insomnia but would not recommend of an everyday basis."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 17, 2013

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "I work at a bar. Last night was the first night I started Ambien and I fell right to sleep, woke up early, went for a jog I feel amazing."

Dannelley September 6, 2013

Edluar (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "I've had insomnia since my back surgery 2 years ago and tried several sleeping pills like Ambien and Lunesta. Edluar 10mg is the only one that works for me. I take it every night as long as I live."

Narci August 24, 2013

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "After a car accident where I suffered a head injury I had horrible insomnia worsened by pre-existing fibromyalgia. Nothing over the counter was working at all to help me sleep. My doctor put me on this. When it works, it's awesome. I cannot have any food on my stomach if I want this to work, though. I don't take it until I've washed my face, brushed my teeth & am actually in bed for the night. That's the trick! I hate that the FDA cut dosage by half for women- the lower dose doesn't work for me because I'm big/tall. Weight makes a difference in this meds case. Not everyone sleep-drives or sleepwalks on this."

Liz1980 (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 20, 2013

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "Ambien is the best ever."

TKOL (taken for less than 1 month) August 20, 2013

Ambien CR (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "Ambien CR is my most recent attempt to circumvent my chronic insomnia. After taking it I go directly to bed. It typically takes an hour or more to have any affect. I will get 2-3 hours of restful slumber before I wake. Going back to Klonopin & Lunesta."

a real live wire August 9, 2013

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "I was diagnosed a bad case of insomnia a few years ago, they have tried me on multiple medicines but Ambien is by far the best out there for me. It keeps me asleep between 4-5 hours solid. Then up again so I take a half and I sleep great."

Bailey4201 August 8, 2013

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "Ambien was a great for me. I suffer from spine damage and pain wakes me. Sleep studies found I got 2 hrs of REM sleep. Ambien made this 5 and 6 hrs REM sleep. From this I cut my pain meds in half. My life got better and I went back to work. Medicine is not designed for long term use, yet I had to. This was only way I could sleep. I started with depression problems. Dr gave other medicines and it only made me worse. Ask for a sleep medicine change to Lunesta. In a week my depression was gone. "

ballistics123 August 7, 2013

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "I have been on a fairly high dose of ambien (20 mgs) for periodic limb movement disorder which a sleep study showed woke me up over 100 times per night. I've been on the same dose for over fifteen years. Before I tried this, I was given over thirty different medications over two years, none of which really worked. This is what works. It works pretty well still, helping me fall and stay asleep, and I haven't noticed any side effects except midnight snacks and very mild memory haziness (I can still remember what happens, it's just muddy, like waking up in the middle of the night). Recently, my doctor told me the FDA had suggested I drop to 5 mg a night. That dose would never work for me, even when I started it. It's safe and still works."

Dolly2256 (taken for 10 years or more) August 7, 2013

For Insomnia: "I travel both domestically and internationally quite a bit. Zolpidem helps me reset my body clock when I'm dealing with jet lag. Usually a take it for 2-3 nights until my body clock syncs. Never had any adverse reaction. The first day though, it seems like I'm a little slow to get going, but I attribute that to the variation of the body clock to the silly clock on the side table. Highly recommend for this purpose!"

GCGarcia August 5, 2013

For Insomnia: "Been using Zolpidem several years now, 1/2 of a 10mg tablet when required. Stayed at that dose for a couple years, until began waking up after 4-5 hours. Began taking just a small pinch more to get back to sleep. Recently I found myself taking 2/3s pill at bedtime, and though I've never had any bizarre behavior on it, have been noting memory and mood changes as I've aged past 70 which I was attributing to normal aging and/or my thyroid disorder. However, after carelessly downing an entire 10 mg pill last night, I woke this morning feeling very groggy, foggy headed, and my vision was blurry. Sweet dreams."

jinjinpinti August 3, 2013

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "I love it. I am a very restless sleeper, wake up almost every single hour then have a hard time falling back to sleep. The only time I could sleep through the night is if I drank a load of alcohol. Well, first I started out with half of a 5mg Ambien just to see how it would affect me, I slept a solid 4 hours, woke up, but it didn't bother me, I didn't get all upset because I woke up, and I easily fell back to sleep. So even 2.5 MG took the edge off for me. It depends on how good I want to sleep as to how much Ambien I take, last night I took 5mg and slept a solid 6 hours, got up went to the bathroom, slept another 3 hours, I don't have all the weird side effects. I feel like a whole new person taking this medication."

lissabirdie (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 31, 2013

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "I have had on and off insomnia since I was a teenager. For almost 10 years I took an OTC sleeping pill and it worked fine. Last winter, I suddenly could not fall asleep with anything I took. I tried everything possible but I wouldn't fall asleep until 2 or 3 am. I would go into work feeling like I was hit by a truck. I spoke to my doctor, and she said that I might be suffering from depression which is why I wasn't sleeping. Tried trazadone but it never helped me sleep. I would have severe dry mouth, wouldn't fall asleep most nights and it caused me to have weird side effects. I went back to the doctor and she gave me 5 mg Ambien. It has helped me tremendously. I do not have the side effects people talk about."

Beachgirl65 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 27, 2013

For Insomnia: "Been taking 10mg and break part off, probably about 1/3....puts me asleep almost immediately for at least 6 or 7 hours."

marti545 (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 12, 2013