User Reviews for Zolpidem (Page 8)

Also known as: Ambien, Ambien CR, Edluar, Intermezzo, Zolpimist

Learn more about Zolpidem.

Insomnia 607 reviews 109 medications

7.5
Summary of Zolpidem reviews 607 reviews 7.5

Reviews for Zolpidem

For Insomnia: "I found zolpidem to be extremely effective in the treatment of my insomnia. I didn't feel any short-term side-affects, and I don't believe that it may have produced any long-term ones. As prescribed by my doctor, I didn't use zolpidem on a daily basis, thus, my review should not be taken optimistically by people who do or will take it on a daily basis. I treated zolpidem as an "emergency" complement to my daily dosage of lorazepam. I found it to be most effective when combined with lorazepam, and from personal experience, no short or long-term side-effects ever revealed themselves from such combination."

Male_24_Caucasian (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 2, 2014

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "I've used Ambien for almost two years for my insomnia. It works very effectively."

I am 15 (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 4, 2014

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "Stayed up all night "

Militarywife12 (taken for less than 1 month) October 30, 2014

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "Yes, you will sleep. But you will also say and do some really weird things."

Babyy (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 28, 2014

For Insomnia: "I suffer with sleep duration insomnia. Mostly I fall asleep naturally for two hours then perhaps drop off naturally once more for an hour; after that I wake and cannot fall asleep without zolpidem. The insomnia seems to be caused by general anxiety and a mind that will not stop holding internal conversations even when I am exhausted. I take 1/4 x10mg zolpidem which at best gives three hours sleep; I repeat this at least once over the night. It's been like this for some years with no side effects, tolerance, addiction or rebound insomnia noticeable. Overall this is the best sedative for me as it leaves no drowsiness the next day. My wish would be for a longer sedative action."

scampo (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 18, 2014

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "I have been known to fix a meal, send texts and emails while still asleep. I have also had phone conversations and not remembered having them on waking.,"

K CELT (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 5, 2014

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "Some nights after taking the zolpidem I go right to sleep, and have sound, restful sleep for about 2-4hrs. Twice during my current bout of insomnia I have slept a full 10hrs after taking the zolpidem. I have had some positive experience, and some negative. However, I have bouts of insomnia once or twice a year; the past Zolpidem is worked really well, within few nights. I am not on week four of the insomnia, and three on the Zolpidem. I am working closely with my doctor."

LadyLayne (taken for less than 1 month) September 25, 2014

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "When I got prescribed Ambien I started with 5mg and it worked but I only slept for 4 hrs. So the following night I took 10mg and I was asleep in no time and got a full 9hrs of sleep. Best night ever in years. I woke up feeling refreshed. Minor headache but I don't know if it was due to the Ambien. 1 Tylenol pill took it away so no biggie. This is the only sleep pill that has helped me. I tried Restroil and Seroquel and got no sleep only bad side effects. I love Ambien."

HKGirl (taken for less than 1 month) September 19, 2014

89 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Insomnia: "I was prescribed this for insomnia. First night it worked well. After that, I only got a few hours sleep, which is what I got before taking it. The side effects were horrible. Nervousness, trouble urinating, constipation and chills. I'll stick with OTC medication. They do as well without the side effects."

willowhouse September 10, 2014

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "It helped me sleep, but I did the most bizarre things while I should have been sleeping and had no memory of them the next day. I initiated sex with my husband twice and had no memory of doing so, called and order things that I had no use for to some shopping networks and even gave out my credit card numbers to open an account. This stuff scares me and I quit taking it. Worried what I could do next!"

Bubsie (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 8, 2014

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "First 2 weeks it kept me asleep. 3rd week on I wake up with headaches and don't go back to sleep. Its 2 am and I'm wide awake."

cannot sleep September 4, 2014

Ambien CR (zolpidem) for : "My problem isn't getting to sleep..it's STAYING asleep. I have found that after trying Lunesta (nasty-nasty aftertaste for an entire day afterwards..and the hangover!) I much prefer Ambien but it has to be "CR" ...and crystal clear the next day. Never had any problem with after effects..ever. Problem is..Dr stopped prescribing sleep aides as too addictive, however even after reminding him that the last bottle of 50 lasted me about three years..he still wasn't willing. This needs to be over the counter. "

Robb32 September 1, 2014

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "It helped me a lot. One pill and I sleep like a baby."

John Marsh (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 26, 2014

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "I have GAD (generalized anxiety), post traumatic stress disorder and Bipolar. I've been on Seroquel for three years. I kept having to up it to help me sleep, as well as keeping away delusions and such. I was at the point where it wouldn't help me sleep at all. I'd take it at 10 and go to bed when the sun was coming up. I tried Ambien 10mg last night for the first time. I fell asleep in one hour. I was out! I slept a good 10 hours. Amen for Ambien."

Morgan Danielle. June 7, 2014

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "I'm 19 and suffer from bad insomnia. I've tried Benadryl, Unisom, even a different prescription sleeping pill, Restoril (temazepam). These all either didn't work or left me extremely groggy in the morning and throughout the day. Anyway, I was scheduled to study abroad and my worst fear the entire trip was not sleeping in a foreign atmosphere. My Dr. prescribed me a few weeks worth of Ambien 10 MG. I can't tell you how great this medication was. It drifted me off to a gentle, deep sleep and I stayed asleep for at least 7 hours. I woke up happy and refreshed In the morning; even energized! I took the high dose and did not experience any side effects or hallucinations. I was able to enjoy my trip."

Great, mild sleeping pill (taken for less than 1 month) June 2, 2014

94 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Insomnia: "I have always had sleep problems even as a kid. Sometimes it was bad sometimes it wasn't. Developed severe insomnia after getting off Duragesic patches for fibromyalgia (the doctor didn't bring me off wisely). Have been on zolpidem for about 8 weeks. It works great but occasionally I have a weird dream, usually the same one. I also slobber alot. But I get so much better sleep. I feel better than I have in about five years. The only downside is that my reading has taken a hit since I go to sleep quickly and don't wake up during the middle of the night. I do want to get off the medicine if I can but the three days I stayed awake coming off the Duragesic was a nightmare that I would like to avoid again (I'm not young anymore)."

FADAC May 30, 2014

Ambien CR (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "This medication made me feel as though I could not breathe. I was up all night. I took it at 9 p.m. and went straight to bed. I began having the hot flush feeling and felt as I had pressure on my chest. I have been taking the 10 mg but wake up in 2-3 hours. This was a living nightmare taking the 12.5 CR. If you have any respiratory issues, do not take. "

Stephen G (taken for less than 1 month) May 29, 2014

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "I think it's great. I've been doing it for about 11 years, and it's one of the only medicine for insomnia that work for me."

Brittanyz123 (taken for 10 years or more) May 18, 2014

81 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "It works great putting me to sleep but it doesn't keep me asleep unfortunately. I only tend to get 2 hours of sleep or so."

FentanylBliss (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 7, 2014

For Insomnia: "I have taken this for four nights. I even doubled the dosage out of desperation. It's been three hours and I'm still awake. Completely frustrating."

liesel h 569 April 2, 2014

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "I was never able to sleep through the night until my doctor prescribed Ambien."

Chelseymegan March 19, 2014

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "I can take 2 Ambien and be wide awake. I tried melatonin, ZZZ Quil, Unisom.. sometimes take my Valium at bedtime. My sleep cycle got messed up and I'm trying desperately to get it back."

naybay91 March 18, 2014

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "Works fine but the rebound insomnia can be awful. Used sparingly it can be a useful medicine. Once again, watch for the rebound insomnia."

epidoctor (taken for less than 1 month) March 12, 2014

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "I've had horrible insomnia since I was a child. Diagnosed with severe sleep apnea a few years ago. Ambien is not the holy grail. You build up a tolerance over the years but 12.5 is as high as most doctors will go ) from 10, 8 years ago). Pluses for Ambien - it will put you to sleep; no half-life so no grogginess in the morning. Minuses- it will put you to sleep but generally not keep you asleep. Thus the waking up wide awake at 3 a.m. There is now intermezzo - and sublingual 3.5 dose of Ambien meant for this problem - works for me 50% of the time- otherwise I just stay up. Another minus - if you take Ambien on a full stomach IT WILL NOT WORK. I generally eat before 5 and allow 5 hours before I take it. But in all - a savior!"

insomiac March 3, 2014

82 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "Ambien has been a huge help to me. I have horrible hot flashes whenever I try to fall asleep and end up awake all night. When I take half an Ambien I am able to fall asleep and I do not feel tired or out of it the next day. I am so grateful for this medication. It's helped the quality of my life substantially. I've never experienced the side effects others mention, I simply fall asleep."

DebbieGrateful (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 27, 2014