User Reviews for Zolpidem (Page 8)

Also known as: Ambien, Ambien CR, Edluar, Intermezzo, Zolpimist

Learn more about Zolpidem.

Insomnia 623 reviews 109 medications

7.4
Summary of Zolpidem reviews 623 reviews 7.4

Reviews for Zolpidem

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "This medicine helped me to fall asleep after a solid week without sleep. However, I did not stay asleep. Going to try Lunesta tonight."

KimAMS March 21, 2015

22 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Ambien CR (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "I have been on regular Ambien 10mg since 2007. I have major insomnia and have tried alternatives and even quit drinking caffeine and limit sugar to no avail. I talked to my doctor yesterday and decided to try the CR because I just couldn't stay asleep. After 3-4 hours I was wide awake. Well last night I had the most vivid dreams and still groggy this morning. It definitely helped me fall back asleep. (I pee a lot lol) I am glad I waited until the weekend to see how it would affect me. I took it at 8:30p and it's almost 9a and I feel slightly hungover. I'm going to try it again tonight, but sleeping through the night might not be worth it. I can't believe some reviews say it's not affective because it immediately made me sleepy!"

LizaS73 March 14, 2015

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "Due to a painful disability the only way to sleep is with the use of Ambien. I give Ambien a two thumbs up, AAA , it works terrific for me."

jerseyjim (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 11, 2015

45 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "I have been taking Ambien every night for a over 20 years. I am a nurse and it's very difficult to work swing shift and teach yourself to sleep whenever ..esp if you suffer from insomnia. I have had insomnia since a child, probably sleep walking. Sleep eating prior to taking the medicine. Now that I have it ..my life has improved 200 percent .No one can imaging how disturbing it is to lie in bed for 8 hours wide awake ...knowing you have work soon. When I first took it, I was groggy in the morning ..but now as long as I get 8 hours I wake up feeling awake and amazing ..never grew a tolerance for it. Always works. I will say when I had children under 5 ..I would never take it ...not safe ..when you are caring for others .this med saved me."

Debbieformola February 1, 2015

71 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia: "Truly the only thing (bar Mirtazapine at one point) that has ever worked for my severe (sometimes up 1-2 entire nights in a row) and chronic insomnia (nearly a decade). It doesn't make me as drowsy in the morning as Mirtazapine which is great because then I can have a more normal sleeping pattern. I do have some really weird kind of scary side effects including minor hallucinations (like stuff moving round the room, person on a poster looked like they were dancing, face shapes in curtains swaying etc.) and feeling a bit high. However, even with these side effects it is still worth it if nothing else has worked."

coxysmelons93 (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 24, 2015

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "It works to put me asleep, too well! I was told by my husband that I was doing stuff I don't remember doing. One time I became sexually aggressive and last night, I didn't recognize my husband and was doing stuff totally off the wall. I will not be taking it again!"

craftygrammy (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 21, 2015

50 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia: "This medication has been extremely effective for me with minimal side effects, but I must have time for at least 8 hours of sleep"

JaiCeeEmm January 21, 2015

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "Ditto on rebound sleepless when discontinued. I have done very strange things with no memory including taking additional Ambien. It has helped me sleep when under extreme stress but watch out. Now I am trying to learn how to sleep naturally."

LouLaBell January 13, 2015

42 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "Works splendidly when first prescribed but over time loses it's effectiveness and one develops a tolerance to it's effectiveness. Due to it's short half-life in the body, it peters out quite quickly ( /- 2 hours). Would not recommend long-term treatment with this medicine (>6 months)."

Quaalude (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 9, 2015

46 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Zolpimist (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "I have used it on and off for years. It works SO fast. Get in bed then spray it. Downside is that it tastes really bad but the taste is gone if you drink water afterwards. It also is very useful for traveling and plane rides that are over 4 hrs. It is approved if you only can get 4 hours of sleep. So sometimes when I fly I will spray this and sleep for my 5.5hr plane ride."

dhubr December 29, 2014

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia: "I have been taking Ambien/zolpidem for years. It is reasonably effective but I found that there are differences between generic manufacturers making some more effective than others. For example, the generic I found was effective was manufactured by Mylan; that manufactured by Torrent is only about 40% effective. I have had many literally sleepless nights when the Rx was filled with the Torrent variant."

Penmagic December 25, 2014

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "Extremely effective until I developed a tolerance. Unfortunately, it was accompanied by "sleep-shopping" on Ebay."

jeffreydbrown (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 20, 2014

60 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "I have used this medicine off and on for 7 years. All of you who have issues with doing things that you don't remember need to be sure that you are taking it properly. I have been there and my 24 year old daughter still laughs at the things I have no memory of.. and I own several things I bought at 2 am. Finally two years ago I found a physician who took the time to explain how this medicine works and it changed everything. You must be lying in bed, "ready to go to sleep", with no lights on at all. Ambien shuts down part of your brain and if you are not waiting to fall asleep lying in bed then after you take it the chemical reaction that allows you to fall asleep so easily also keeps you from remembering things you do. Take it properly."

Rhonda YC (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 8, 2014

124 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia: "Been taking for 2 months for erratic sleep patterns since I broke back 7 months ago. (Surgeon only gave me Valium to sleep which didn't work.) This stuff is excellent. No grogginess in morning. Doc's office did specifically warn me to take immediately before going to bed. In other words, don't take then decide to fold laundry. If you are still up doing stuff, it is very true, you may not remember."

Donna Marie 113 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 7, 2014

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "Ambien works. Not because it's a sleep aid but because it's a HYPNOTIC. Which means if you don't want amnesia then get yourself straight to bed after taking it. It kicks in in 5-10 mins and may or may not keep you asleep all night. But those of you complaining of eating, etc and having no memory of what you did is very simple: taking a HYPNOTIC while you're still up and showering or whatever is going to make you do stupid things you won't remember. Just take it AFTER you lay down, turn off your phone, and you'll be fine."

Anonymous777333 (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 4, 2014

90 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia: "I have had insomnia for about 7 years. I took temazepam (Restoril) for about 3 years, but it eventually quit working entirely so I started taking 10 mg of zolpidem nightly about 4 months ago. It is very good at helping me to go to sleep quickly and I stay asleep about 6 hours but not much longer. I haven't felt any drowsiness the next morning or had any headaches or other side effects. I have learned a few things about zolpidem, though. I cannot eat at all for at least 2 or 3 hours before taking it. Also, I need to go to bed within 15 or 20 minutes after taking it or it doesn't work very well. Lastly, I learned that I can't eat chocolate for at least 5 or 6 hours before taking it because of chocolate's high caffeine content."

virginiamlong (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 3, 2014

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia: "I found zolpidem to be extremely effective in the treatment of my insomnia. I didn't feel any short-term side-affects, and I don't believe that it may have produced any long-term ones. As prescribed by my doctor, I didn't use zolpidem on a daily basis, thus, my review should not be taken optimistically by people who do or will take it on a daily basis. I treated zolpidem as an "emergency" complement to my daily dosage of lorazepam. I found it to be most effective when combined with lorazepam, and from personal experience, no short or long-term side-effects ever revealed themselves from such combination."

Male_24_Caucasian (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 2, 2014

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "I've used Ambien for almost two years for my insomnia. It works very effectively."

I am 15 (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 4, 2014

66 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "Stayed up all night "

Militarywife12 (taken for less than 1 month) October 30, 2014

46 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "Yes, you will sleep. But you will also say and do some really weird things."

Babyy (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 28, 2014

35 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia: "I suffer with sleep duration insomnia. Mostly I fall asleep naturally for two hours then perhaps drop off naturally once more for an hour; after that I wake and cannot fall asleep without zolpidem. The insomnia seems to be caused by general anxiety and a mind that will not stop holding internal conversations even when I am exhausted. I take 1/4 x10mg zolpidem which at best gives three hours sleep; I repeat this at least once over the night. It's been like this for some years with no side effects, tolerance, addiction or rebound insomnia noticeable. Overall this is the best sedative for me as it leaves no drowsiness the next day. My wish would be for a longer sedative action."

scampo (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 18, 2014

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "I have been known to fix a meal, send texts and emails while still asleep. I have also had phone conversations and not remembered having them on waking.,"

K CELT (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 5, 2014

47 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "Some nights after taking the zolpidem I go right to sleep, and have sound, restful sleep for about 2-4hrs. Twice during my current bout of insomnia I have slept a full 10hrs after taking the zolpidem. I have had some positive experience, and some negative. However, I have bouts of insomnia once or twice a year; the past Zolpidem is worked really well, within few nights. I am not on week four of the insomnia, and three on the Zolpidem. I am working closely with my doctor."

LadyLayne (taken for less than 1 month) September 25, 2014

35 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "When I got prescribed Ambien I started with 5mg and it worked but I only slept for 4 hrs. So the following night I took 10mg and I was asleep in no time and got a full 9hrs of sleep. Best night ever in years. I woke up feeling refreshed. Minor headache but I don't know if it was due to the Ambien. 1 Tylenol pill took it away so no biggie. This is the only sleep pill that has helped me. I tried Restroil and Seroquel and got no sleep only bad side effects. I love Ambien."

HKGirl (taken for less than 1 month) September 19, 2014

90 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia: "I was prescribed this for insomnia. First night it worked well. After that, I only got a few hours sleep, which is what I got before taking it. The side effects were horrible. Nervousness, trouble urinating, constipation and chills. I'll stick with OTC medication. They do as well without the side effects."

willowhouse September 10, 2014