User Reviews for Viibryd

Learn more about Viibryd.

Major Depressive Disorder 99 reviews 46 medications

6.1
Depression 414 reviews 79 medications

6.7
Summary of Viibryd reviews 513 reviews 6.4

Reviews for Viibryd

For Major Depressive Disorder "I was on Viibryd for 2-3 months before I stopped taking it (it's a problem for me, always thinking I don't need them or meds don't work Etc etc). After a few weeks without them, my therapist sat me down and told me she saw an improvement in my overall mood when I was on it and she was right. It's been about 4 months with me consistently taking 40mg and I'm not gonna lie- the lower GI problems and discomfort do happen sometimes. But my (mild) anxiety is better, my sex drive doesn't suck, and for MOST of the the time on MOST days I realize I actually may be ok. It's not a wonder drug, but it helps me do my ADL's, live more independently and even plan for a future existence sometimes. Would recommend to those who've tried the typical meds."

Functional SPANCH queen (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "I have been suffering with grief and loss. I started with the 10 mg starter dose in AM then 20mg is most effective, 40mg is to strong a dose. Have some dry mouth. It is nice there is no Fluorine, Chlorine in the chemical monogram. I have taken many type of these drug class: Zoloft, Paxil, amityptamine, Latuda, Effexor, Seroquel, Invega, Zyprexa, Buspar, prozac, Abilify. This one Viibryd has least side effects, with proper taper of the dose. And provide some relief to me, but not much. And that is better than most of this drug class. Cheers."

Runs with Scissors July 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "Have been on most antidepressants since 1996, Prozac worked but then wears off (just discontinued 3 weeks ago). Viibryd at 10 mg first week helped, increased to 20mg as instructed. Have weakness overall, heart palpitations, dilated pupils, annoyed easily , unable to achieve the big O, gut feels awful and bloated, Cervical Dystonia is aggravated. I have not had diarrhea but cramping. Jittery feeling , thoughts of being better off dead for a few days now. Have only been on this med for 3 weeks... not sure what to do..."

DbLH (taken for less than 1 month) July 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "I was on this med for about 2 months. During that time I started losing my hair and ended up losing quite a bit of it especially on the frontal part. It did give me more energy but I also had a hard time keeping my anxiety in check. I don't remember having the customary side effects and my body seemed to tolerate it quite well. If it hadn't been for the hair loss and anxiety issues, I probably would have stayed on it. I decided to go back on Paxil again a couple of days ago because I really had few problems with that except for weight gain if I don't watch myself."

Terrylsquier 2 July 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "This medicine helped for depression. The problem is, the first time I went up to 40mg, (within 2 hours), I started sweating profusely and was super nauseous. After 5 days of this, I am going to switch medicines. The sad thing is it does help with depression but I can't handle feeling nauseous all the time."

Helpful145 July 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "I'm a health care professional myself and was prescribed Viibryd for depression and anxiety. This medication is by far the worst medication I've taken. I started taking the recommended dosage with the starter pack. I experienced all the side effects ( nausea, diarrhea, vivid dreams, zaps to the brain). The worst is I ended up in the ER with a panic attack and these panic attacks have continued. Of course I'm off this medication immediately recommended by the ER physician and my personal MD. There are too many negative personal experiences with this medication. Even though everyone reacts differently, there is a correlation."

take this med off the market June 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "Was on this for a few months, it's newer to the market. It didn't work at all for me. Prozac is the only successful antidepressant I've taken."

NopeNope (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "I am on my fourth week of taking 40 mg viibryd and it seems to be working well. I had very few side effects. However, I am noticing severe hair loss on my frontal hairline. I still want to continue taking Viibryd because it works well for me. Anyone else having the same problem with hair loss? If so, did you discontinue taking Viibryd or did you do something that alleviated the problem?"

Simmer (taken for less than 1 month) June 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "Caused major insomnia and racing thoughts. I was unable to sleep for 3 days after stopping this medication. The other side effects I experienced including irregular heartbeat, sense of being hot all the time, stomach pains and diarrhea."

Awake for days June 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "Truly the worst medication I have ever been on.. I had all of the bad side effect diarrhea in the middle of the night had to change the sheets, nightmares so bad that I slept with the lights on, brain zaps, migraines still to this day even after being off of this medication for 2.5 years. Dizzy spells, Black outs, I couldn't even drive while taking this. I'm sure there is more. I weaned myself off of this medication against my Doctors orders because he was convinced that this was a miracle drug needless to say he is no longer my Doc."

Mom2tjsam June 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "Pfizer could not tell me if hair would grow back, but they confirmed hair loss is a side effect of Viibryd. Wish I'd known."

massive hair loss in 1 month! (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "Side effects: heart palpitations & pounding, insomnia, numb hands, 24/7 panic attack even in my home lying in bed, fearful of getting out of bed, leaving the house. Frequent diarrhea & abdominal pain. Auditory hallucinations. Had to stop, not even remotely tolerable. I got tested by 'Assurex Health' Genesight testing which showed this to be on my 'green' list. I see that they billed my insurance $6,224.00 and my responsibility is $1300.00 but I was told there was some sliding scale so we'll see. They're making a killing on these tests and I'm afraid to try anything else on their green list, since they're all newer drugs, all costing in the range of $250 to $400, seems like there is something going on that doesn't benefit patients/victims"

femmebot June 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "Been on a plethora of antidepressants most of my life. This one by far has been the worst. I had all of the negative side effects pretty intensely. Insomnia, vomiting, diarrhea, severe headaches, severe agitation, visual hallucinations, feeling like I was crawling out of my skin, sweats, and psychosis so bad to the point, I blacked out and attacked my best friend physically. Thanks be to God my friend was there and I'm not in jail! Just based on my personal experience I think this drug needs to be tested out more thoroughly. I felt like a wretched guinea pig on it. I stopped the drug a few days ago...going through the horrible withdrawals now. The "bath salts" of antidepressants!!!!!"

Bird 44 May 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "I was previously on Prozac 20mg and switched to Viibryd because of the sexual side effects I was experiencing. Within two weeks I was back to my original depression with thoughts of suicide, uncontrollable crying, terrifying dreams, and mood swings. While transitioning my libido did come back, which was nice. However, I was forced to go back on Prozac and felt totally normal again within a week."

Stefani M May 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "Okay so today I had a pretty good day but now I can't sleep. I have taken the 10mg as directed for 7 days and it was okay, nothing really changed. My terrible vivid dreams only seemed to get worse as I keep dreaming about the person that I love who does not love me in real life (he loves me in my dreams) and when I wake up I feel like I want to throw up. It is now 5 am and I cannot fall asleep because I'm scared to have those dreams and I keep crying hysterically about it. I don't know what to do. I don't like this. I'm 19 years old and I'm a girl and I was originally taking paxil for a whole semester."

SloaneLaBiche (taken for less than 1 month) May 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "After trying several other medications viibryd does help with my depression. Unfortunately I have had many side effects including insomnia, Vivid abnormal dreams, night sweats, and numbness in my hands. I have been taking 20 milligrams a day for almost a year. My depression has started to increase and I am hesitant to increase the viibryd to 40 milligrams a day because I am afraid the side effects will get worse. The drug manufacturer offers a very good rebate program on their website. I get $100 refund from them each month so my cost is only $115 per month."

Band mom (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "Viibryd has had a really positive impact on my life. In January, I had a suicide attempt while being on Effexor. After hospital, I was taken off Effexor and given Viibryd, starting with 10mg. Of course, you don't feel a difference for a while, but you know when you do. The other antidepressants I have been on, Prozac, Lexapro, and Effexor all had little positive effect on me. In fact, they made me feel numb and more emotionless than my depression did (leading to the events early this year...) Viibryd, however, has made me feel close to normal. I feel emotions better than I did on the other drugs. Side effects: terrible diarrhea, night terrors, and low sex drive. Tolerable, though."

Evan F May 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "This medication has worked well for me. It is becoming cost prohibitive."

aubs (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "I started the dosage as recommended by my doctor at 10 mg for one week, then 20 mg for the next few weeks. I was coming off Paxil slowly and going on Viibryd. I had very vivid nightmares with Viibryd. That's when I could sleep. I spent many hours awake with Viibryd, say around six hours per night. I'm already taking Ambien for sleep, and this medication made my insomnia much, much worse. Even the Ambien wouldn't work. What was even worse is that I felt like I was going crazy every morning after waking up from a very short sleep. I feel bad enough as it is, and don't need to feel even worse. I do NOT recommend giving this medication a try. I was desperate for relief, but felt worse so I'm back to Paxil until I see my doctor again."

Ma Bird May 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "Unlike any other anti-depressant I have tried, if I missed a single dose withdrawal symptoms would immediately begin. Scary dreams accompanied by brain zaps are just a few that need to be shared!! They seemed so real!! It was a side-effect that I could not handle and everyone should be warned about the night terrors before starting this medication. I can only imagine the horror of missing two doses. That alone was enough for me to switch back to Celexa. It did help with my mood but this medicine seemed too potent or too dangerous for some reason. The "what ifs" where always in the back of my mind."

Viibryd is scary! (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "I ended up having a very bad experience with Viibyrd, due to its drug interactions with Xanax I'm taking for anxiety. The first month was wonderful though. After the first dose, I felt amazing; I felt calm, content, and had energy to get through my day. It did give me nausea sometimes, so I had to make sure I ate a big breakfast to avoid that. Things started to get bad during the second month. My mood wasn't as amazing as before & some suicidal thoughts came back. Then, I began experiencing hallucinations— visual, closed-eyed, even musical. It was pretty horrifying and made my depression and anxiety TREMENDOUSLY worse altogether. My doc immediately took me off Viibyrd & switched to Celexa. Viibryd co-pay was also very expensive."

xoina April 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "Went in for a routine check up a year ago and told my doctor something has been up and I don't feel right. Asa medical student myself, I knew something was up and wasn't going to leave without answers. I explained what was going on and what has been going through my head, and she diagnosed me with depression. I have felt the way I've felt for 11 years because at the young age of 8 I almost lost my dad in a motorcycle accident and the doctors led me to believe I had. I became a recluse... my emotions took over... I got perscribed Vilazodone, and took it up until recently and realized it did NOTHING for me. It was supposed to balance my serotonin levels in my brain that cause depression and anxiety, but it only made me feel worse."

Anonymous April 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "Hello All, I hope this message finds you well and that whatever your troubles may be, you may find a light through the clouds of your depression. I recently tried taking this medication, and did not have a very positive experience. This was my first time to take an antidepressant in many many years. It was not very helpful for me. It made me feel tired, apathetic, and emotionally "flat", if this makes sense. I know that every person's experience is different, and I believe one must do what is best for him or herself. After about a month, I stopped taking these altogether, as I did not think they were very helpful. I am now drinking smoothies and getting more sunlight, instead. Stay strong, my friends!!! Peace be with you"

AnonymousInput April 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "Had bad side effects when I started taking this drug. The side effects went away after a week, but this drug did nothing for my anxiety. In fact a few days after my doctor switched me to this med my anxiety was worse than it ever was, I felt as if I was going to crawl out of my skin. Doctor switched me back to Lexapro and I seem to be doing better."

DoctorwhoBFS April 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "I've taken a lot of different antidepressants so my old psychiatrist put me on this one because it was new. I wasn't doing well, still felt very depressed so she increased my dose. That made my depression worse. I was visiting my family and I lashed out at them, had many episodes, and had to contact the suicide hotline 5 times. I lashed out on my friends as well while on viibryd. I couldn't contact my psychiatrist at all so I stopped taking it on my own and I instantly started feeling better and noticed a difference."

Daisy.flowers April 11, 2017