User Reviews for Thyroid desiccated (Page 8)

Also known as: Nature-Throid, Armour Thyroid, NP Thyroid, Westhroid, Thyroid Porcine, WP Thyroid, Bio-Throid

TSH Suppression 7.8
Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal 6.3
Hashimoto's disease 6.0
Underactive Thyroid 5.7
Thyroid Cancer 5.2
Summary of Thyroid desiccated reviews 5.9 459 reviews

Reviews for Thyroid desiccated

gwensha · Taken for less than 1 month May 14, 2019

WP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: “I was taking the old batch of WP Thyroid and it worked beautifully for years! Switched to the New Batch you know how they have since started reproducing it. Now, I'm having severe side effects from the New WP Thyroid, severe joint pain stiffness, fogginess, dizziness, chest pain, rapid heartbeat,fatigue, and night sweating. I tried contacting RLC and no response. I think they are not responding because they know there is a problem.There is definitely a change in the new formulation... and terrible side effects. BEWARE!!”

JJ · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 1, 2019

NP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Hashimoto's disease: “I was on levothyroxine for over 2 years and had constant palpitations, anxiety, and heat intolerance. Thyroid levels were WNL [within normal limits], saw a new endo who let me discontinue because my initial TSH was under 10. After 3 months of no meds, I had zero energy and all of my muscles and joints hurt. Started NP thyroid and I feel so much better, but I am gaining weight, about 6lbs so far and don't seem to be plateauing.”

Sickntired · Taken for less than 1 month April 30, 2019

NP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Hashimoto's disease: “I was on Armour thyroid as was doing, ok. Not great but certainly better than when I was on synthroid. Then my pharmacy changed my prescription to NP thyroid from ACE with out telling me and I have been horribly sick to my stomach, head aches, exhausted, confused and foggy brained. No medicine is worth this.”

DC · Taken for 6 months to 1 year April 29, 2019

NP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Hashimoto's disease: “I have tried almost all the desiccated thyroid meds. This one is by far the most effective without reactions to the fillers in the others.”

concerned · Taken for 10 years or more April 27, 2019

For Underactive Thyroid: “Sounds to me like pharmaceutical wars going on all the time, especially since Abbvie bought out The American Thyroid Association right after they we're the number one selling pill in America in 2013. Always check your pills before leaving the pharmacy and make sure they are the exact brand your Doctor ordered, the pharmacy will change the brand on you without your or your Doctors consent, once you accept it your stuck. Not all brands work the same!! Be well, and take care of yourself!!!”

Katt · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 24, 2019

NP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: “I had intense joint pain and swelling”

Wisconsin · Taken for less than 1 month April 23, 2019

WP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Hashimoto's disease: “WP thyroid worked so well for me before the shortage, I was feeling good and losing weight. I was so excited when it started coming back, over a year later! What a disappointment. It has changed and do not let anyone tell you any different. After a week of taking it I was so sick, I literally could not get out of bed. Test results proved it did not work the same. NO thanks WP thyroid, what I disappointment you turned out to be and it costs more too! Shameful”

Diana · Taken for 10 years or more April 17, 2019

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Thyroid Cancer: “My thyroid was removed due to cancer and Armour prescribed. After about 10 years I was diagnosed with osteoporosis. Since then I have been associated with about (6) doctors including (2) naturopathic doctors. All have stated Armour contributes to osteoporosis and that I should change to Nature Thyroid. Since changing my osteoporosis has not gotten worse.”

FeliciaH · Taken for 1 to 2 years April 10, 2019

NP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Hashimoto's disease: “I started taking NP Thyroid after Naturethroid and WP went on backorder. Didn't know it until now when I restarted WP that NP has been the cause of my hives, itching & of course weight gain over the last 2 yrs. Restarted WP and after 2 days itching went away.”

Kel April 7, 2019

NP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: “I switched from Nature-thyroid to NP Acella due to the lack of availability. I was on Nature-thyroid for 3 years and felt great. Normal :) I have not done well on NP ....I went back on NT for a few months and felt “normal” again. I returned to NP and felt sick yet again. I stuck it out for 6 weeks so I could do labs and raised my dose. I did not go hyper but the ill feeling got worse. I have no sensitivities, allergies etc. I did not think switching to NP would be difficult. I've tested this 2x now and the same response. My symptoms each time on NP are; headaches eventually becoming migraines. Severe leg edema. Dry eye, rash on my face, stomach bloating, loss of appetite, tired, food tastes like cardboard, and general feeling of unwell. All of these symptoms are signs of hypo for me and I haven’t had them at all since I was treated with NT. I’m not against NP but wanted to share it isn’t working for me for unknown reason.”

GingerAmy · Taken for less than 1 month April 3, 2019

WP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: “I WAS on WP thyroid last year (2018, from 2016-for about a year & 1/2) & had the best results EVER. Then WP thyroid was gone, and I went onto NP...which was horrible. Weight gain, mood swings, brain fog, swelling. So MD put me on Armour. Not bad; things improved & I levelled out but the swelling remains (I've had it my entire life in my right lower leg, only & I mean ONLY the WP relieved me of it! It was literally a God send!). So, when I saw that WP was back in production I hounded my doc to order it. I've been on it 5 days & it STINKS. Foot swelling returned with a vengence, irritability, constipation, head aches!! I called the MD after reading reviews on here (which only confirmed what I knew) & said put me back on the Armour. It seems the formula MOST DEFINITELY has changed, for the WORSE!! I was surprised my insurance covered it (it didn't last time!), now I'm imagining why...Don't waste your time with this garbage. It IS TERRIBLE, in my case!”

KB13 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 22, 2019

Nature-Throid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: “I started taking Nature-Thyroid one year ago for my hypothyroidism. Since then my afternoon dip in energy has improved; however have experienced another troublesome side effect. I've lost a lot of hair, and I didn't have much to begin with. Also, my eyebrows are disappearing.”

Punker March 15, 2019

NP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal: “TSH went up from 1.3 to 12.8 while taking NP thyroid. It did nothing for me but cause terrible brain fog, joint pain, stomach issues, etc. Going back to Levothyroxine and going to add small amount of T3.”

Żmijka · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 14, 2019

Nature-Throid (thyroid desiccated) for Hashimoto's disease: “Nature throid production is bad, batches doses don't seem to be accurate, are some diluted aka without any hormone. This medication should be off the shelf, it’s a hoax. The company should be liable!”

Hypo2019 March 4, 2019

WP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: “Transitioning from Synthroid. Been on WP THYROID for 50 days with minimal side effects till last 10 days. Now experiencing alarming thinning of hair, 80% of eyelashes and hair on arms are gone. Can’t connect with RLC LABS to ask questions.”

Mammy6 · Taken for 10 years or more February 26, 2019

Nature-Throid (thyroid desiccated) for Hashimoto's disease: “I have used Naturethroid for 15+ years very successfully....that is until the "Great Back Order of 2017". I scrambled and panicked and found enough at other pharmacies until it came back in early 2018. My question is: WHAT DID THEY DO TO IT???? Hypothyroid symptoms returned with a vengance, I have gained 30 lbs since last January, have lost nearly all of my eyebrows, ache all over in my joints and muscles, can't think clearly half the time and on and on and on....it's so hard to have fallen into this hole, and the sad part is no one has any answers. Now Naturethroid is on backorder again...but who cares... it doesn't work anyway. Run don't walk in the other direction from this defective thyroid hormone (or whatever it is).”

HJB · Taken for 10 years or more February 25, 2019

Nature-Throid (thyroid desiccated) for Hashimoto's disease: “Its time to stop using this companies products. They can't seem to get it together at the new facility and patients are scrambling trying to get Rx filled. Time to switch back to Armour. I have left messages on the companies website last July and today. My message from July was ignored.”

GAT February 24, 2019

NP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Hashimoto's disease: “Finally a medication that works wonderfully! I have never felt better. So far so good! Used to be on Naturethroid. Had heart palpitations, highs and lows. The Stop The Thyroid Madness Support Group I follow has its members highly recommending NP by Acella. However I do not understand the shortages in these thyroid medications when they are so desperately needed! The AMA has a lot of catching up to do because their protocol is counter intuitive and productive for patients like me who have been UN and UNDER Diagnosed for years! Time to wake up !”

Firefly · Taken for 5 to 10 years February 18, 2019

Nature-Throid (thyroid desiccated) for Thyroid Cancer: “I have Hashimoto's and Thyroid Cancer. I've been doing well on it for many years until my refill in November 2017. I started my new bottle one morning and somewhat immediately I started having weird chest pains and felt sick. I then checked the pills and they were NOTICEABLY different in color & noticed in taste the next day. From that day and for the next 6 weeks, I went completely downhill. Bakers cyst at 4 wks and a autoimmune crash at 6 wks. I have not been the same since. Can't drive, using a walker (I'm 44), and had not had balance problems until this med switch. After being checked for EVERYTHING, I was diagnosed with Ataxia which is caused from hypothyroidism. My levels were fine the entire time until one batch made me hypothyroid. I finally switched to WP thyroid on the same mg's and I'm now bordering hyperthyroid. RLC Labs SWEARS that they did not change the formula, and if that is true then 100% THE RAW MATERIAL IS NOT THE SAME AND IS NOT GOOD AT ALL.”

Jessie · Taken for 5 to 10 years February 13, 2019

Nature-Throid (thyroid desiccated) for Hashimoto's disease: “I get terrible, scary leg and toe cramps (from thigh to toes) along with twitching of feet and inability to walk because of the pain in my feet, which stops when I cease taking Nature-thyroid. Oh, yea, and my legs get so tight sometimes while on the medicine, and I wake up every morning with burning and tingling feet (bottom of me feet and toes) , which gets worse everyday unless, like I said, I don't take this stuff. It is not a lifesaver for me; not at all!!”

beckster308 · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 12, 2019

NP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Hashimoto's disease: “I've been on the 60mg for a couple of months with NO improvement to any of my symptoms. Dr. upped me to 90mg about 3 weeks ago, again, with no improvement. I feel like I am taking a worthless placebo and am wasting my time and now, my local pharmacies are having trouble filling it due to a warehouse backorder. At least there have been no side-effects for me, but I'd rather have some minor side-effect with a drug that does what it's supposed to than something that doesn't work at all.”

DorrieL · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 8, 2019

NP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal: “Walmart pharmacy substituted NP for Armour thyroid. It makes me very depressed, sleepless and fatigue. It makes me angry because they did this without my permission after I told them before that I didn’t want NP because of the same issues before. I would avoid NP!!!!”

steeler74386 · Taken for less than 1 month January 30, 2019

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: “Hi everyone. I was on naturethyroid for the past oh geez 2016?2017? I am hypothryoid/premenapause I am 37 years old. (I have Lyme's also (on natural stuff for that.) The pharmacist has told me that naturethroid 16.25 mg is on back order/going to be not making it anymore (was on 32.50mg) . So whenever I called them in Nov-Dec 2018? To get a refill they told me it is backordered/discontinued (which stinks because I lost weight ) Now started the armour thyroid (1/18/19) I feel like I gained weight. (I do workout and eat 97% the time healthy.) Today is 1/29/19 just feel fat. Just the jeans that used to be lose are now tight. My hair is already thin so idk about that if it got anymore thinner/falling out . I thought I was noticing/ felt like itchiness on my stomach. Thirsty a lot. So idk if it's to early to tell or not. I'll just need to keep track of symptoms. I'll give it a month and see any difference /side effects. Just wish they would of kept naturethroid.”

Momof3 January 27, 2019

NP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: “Was doing well on Naturethroid, up until they seemed to change the formula. So switched to NP. Fatigue ok BUT brain fog much worse, painful joints, stiffness in muscles and leg pain that feels similar to restless legs. The worst symptom though, is headaches. Constant. Am now experimenting with altering my dose (again!) but I’ll have to swap to Armour I think. I’m in the U.K. Getting hold of NDT is like finding a unicorn. I despair. I wish Naturethroid had never changed. I know they deny a reformulation but it worked like a dream for me before their manufacturing issues and I felt well. Now I’m back in the hypo pit and it’s dreadful.”

Rujo33 January 23, 2019

Nature-Throid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: “I had horrible fatigue and muscle cramping, and was diagnosed with Chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS). I have been sick for 20 years & tried various thyroid medicines over the years and they would make my hormone levels too high, but not help me at all. I took this because some Dr's think this disease is caused by thyroid resistance . I was at my worst ever and very weak. Both my leg and arm muscles ached with no activity at all after minor exercise . I would be bed ridden & more sore. I talked my Dr into giving me a trial of Thyroid again as my "FREE" Thyroid was low in the range & close to abnormal. He prescribed Nature Thyroid. Thank goodness. It is like a miracle for me after over two decades of trying everything under the sun and spending a small fortune. I am so afraid that my new Dr will take me off it & it has been unavailable at times at my pharmacy. My muscles don't hurt at all, I have much more energy, I am not short of breath & I feel much stronger, too. My foggy head is gone. It works absolute wonders on me.”