User Reviews for Thyroid desiccated (Page 7)

Also known as: Nature-Throid, Armour Thyroid, NP Thyroid, Westhroid, Thyroid Porcine, WP Thyroid, Bio-Throid

TSH Suppression 7.8
Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal 6.3
Hashimoto's disease 6.0
Underactive Thyroid 5.7
Thyroid Cancer 5.2
Summary of Thyroid desiccated reviews 5.9 459 reviews

Reviews for Thyroid desiccated

wilbe · Taken for less than 1 month August 7, 2019

NP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: “I have been taking NP thyroid for 2 weeks and my arms and shoulders are aching , I believe my prescription has been changed and I have decided to return to nature and just take supplements.”

Sandy toes · Taken for 2 to 5 years August 6, 2019

NP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal: “I’ve been using Acella for a couple years. My new bottle of 60’s (has to sub the 60’s for 120’s because of backorder) tasted and smelled like INSECTICIDE! I took it anyway for a week. I had hypothyroid symptoms come back with a vengeance (yes, I took 2 pills). I reported my concerns to my pharmacy and they told me they had just that day received in some 120’s. So they sent me the 120’s and guess what? They taste and smell like INSECTICIDE too!! What gives? Side note: I stopped the horrible 60’s and took the few remaining 120’s of a prior bottle and felt 100% better plus they didn’t smell and taste like insecticide. We shall see how this new bottle of 120 insecticide pills control my hypothyroidism.”

sunflowers · Taken for 1 to 2 years August 5, 2019

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Hashimoto's disease: “I was a real advocate for this medication brand for such a long time, I felt good on this medication. I tried generic levothyroxine and Synthroid and didn't respond well to those medication. But now, since this past April 2019, I'm not sure this medication brand works for me anymore. I'm experiencing extreme hair loss and don't know what to do. I think I might have developed an allergic reaction to the dyes found in this medication. I've also contacted the distributor, Allergen, and they indicated that they have not changed the formulation of this medication since 2008. I don't know what to do, I think I'm going to have to try another medication brand.”

Linda · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 4, 2019

Nature-Throid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: “I have been on Levothyroxine for over 20 years. My friend encouraged me to try Nature-Throid. Found a doctor who wrote the prescription. The dosage he prescribed was 1 1/2 gains of Nature Throid. I was on 100 mcg of Levothyroxine. I started to feel bad and had heart palpitations. I went on line and found a conversion chart. It said 1 gain of Nature Throid equals 100mcg of Levothyroxine. I cut my doseage to 1 grain. I must admit my joint no longer hurt. I’ve lost weight. However, I continue to have palpitations. My heart rate went up to 113 and blood pressure increased. I have been on it for 3 months. Regretfully must go back on Levothyroxine. My heart is more important!!”

Coley · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 4, 2019

NP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: “I had been on Levothyroxine for 10 years but in the last 4 years I had been struggling. There was even one occasion where I was hospitalized for heart palpitations and come to find out my thyroid was all messed up. I had been on 150 mcg for two years but started to notice my skin, hair, nails and of course weight was off (weird weight gain, no diet changes). I moved and started a new doctor who recommended NP Thyroid. She started me on 90mg. The first two weeks I noticed rapid heart beat but nothing scary. By week three I felt like a super woman and had my normal energy back! After four weeks I finally feel better!”

Kris · Taken for 6 months to 1 year August 2, 2019

NP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: “I have Low T3 Syndrome. NP Thyroid is the only thyroid medicine that works for me and my family. I'm not sure what is causing out T3 to tank out, but so far this is the only Thyroid medicine that works and it's like night and day difference for us. I have energy, I sleep, joint and chest pain have stopped, and depression symptoms have lifted. I would recommend anyone searching for thyroid medicine to try one until their symptoms change. My numbers became 'normal' with other thyroid medicines, but this is the only one that fixed my actual symptoms.”

Bel · Taken for 5 to 10 years July 31, 2019

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: “I have been taking Armour Thyroid for many years. I gained about 20 pounds and since November last years my back started to itch 24/7. I went to two doctors and they could not find anything wrong. I changed my laundry detergent, my soap, etc... Does anybody have something simliar?”

Mandy July 24, 2019

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: “found a 4.2 cm & 1cm nodule on my thyroid. I had a biopsy it was non-cancerous. The doctor wanted to take it out immediately I got a 2nd opinion the 2nd doctor wanted to take it out but gave me an option to take Medicine to make me hyper to shrink them. My thyroid levels were normal but my T3 was sorta low. I requested Armour Thyroid From doctor For the first 2 week I had a bad headache. Keep going if you get a headache don’t stop it will pass in 2 to 3 weeks. I was able to quit all of my antidepressants & feel normal again for the first time in years. I got another ultrasound To my surprise Dr said my 4.2 nodule shrunk to 2 cm! I’ve also been doing keto diet No gluten and sugar I also eat 2-3 Brazil nuts every day and take 10,000 of vitamin D daily. I also wasn’t hungry for sweets anymore give it 4 to 6 weeks to really start feeling it. It also fixed my constipation. I can’t recommend this medicine enough!”

Lylly · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 22, 2019

NP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: “I've been on Armour which was great, then they reformulated it was switched to Nature Throid that was great too, then they reformulated that and every inch of my body did not function. I couldn't get up to my 3rd floor apartment it was awful was switched to NP Thyroid and I got my life back. I've found that if you take it before bed or if you get up in the night it works better on a empty stomach then when you get up in the am you don't have to wait for your coffee. I even called Acella Lab and asked them if they had any intentions of reformulating NP Thyroid they said absolutely not!! Keeping my fingers crossed!!!! This is the first time in 5 yrs my levels are right on track I Love this Medication. My Insurance doesn't pay for it but At this point I'll pay for it to feel myself again.”

Nick · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 16, 2019

WP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Hashimoto's disease: “The WP Thyroid tablets that are now available after the shortage is absolutely the worst, it is NOT the same as before. My body felt dangerously poisoned, I will never use anything ever again from RLC labs as I feel they’re lying regarding what happened with WP Thyroid and what was really going on during shortage.”

Maria · Taken for 5 to 10 years July 13, 2019

WP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Hashimoto's disease: “Worked before! New version sucks.”

Tammy · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 12, 2019

Nature-Throid (thyroid desiccated) for Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal: “I've been on various thyroid replacement hormone therapy. I find that products that are natural works Armour Thyroid and Nature Thyroid. Both are equally the same for me. It would be nice if my dosage could stay the same but since surgery I find my dosage switching to lower or higher depending on my stress levels and whenever I lose or gain weight. Both affect my reaction to the medication but I guess that's a part of life. I just wish one pill and one dose fit no matter what. I give this medicine a 9 because it's more expensive and hard to find.”

T-Poppins · Taken for 2 to 5 years July 9, 2019

Nature-Throid (thyroid desiccated) for Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal: “I have taken levothyroxine as well as Armour and felt completely run down on both. More so on the Levo. I moved to Nature Throid from Levo about 2 years ago and really started to get my energy back. Last year there was a shortage on NatureThroid and I had to go to Armour, back to feeling like I couldn't lift my head off the pillow. Thankfully Nature is back in stock and I am doing much better. Hopefully this will help others who may be struggling with their current meds.”

T · Taken for 1 to 2 years July 3, 2019

NP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Hashimoto's disease: “Switched to NP and symptoms are going away! It is worth trying this brand-the price can't be beat and the results (when treated by an experienced Dr.-that knows how to titrate correctly) speak for themselves!”

Leigh · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 2, 2019

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: “I’ve been on Armour Thyroid 60 mg for about a year have gained 15 pounds and very tired now July 2019 got new batch and now I am feeling overmedicated. Has Armour Thyroid changed once again?”

Sunshine · Taken for 2 to 5 years June 30, 2019

NP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Hashimoto's disease: “I was on synthroid for about 15 years, it made my hair fall out, and I was always exhausted. I told my endocrine doc and he told me that it wasn’t the synthroid, it was my hashimotos :-( Fast forward to two years ago, I moved and got a new doctor, and hairdresser. The hairdresser asked me how long I’d been on synthroid I told him 15 years. He said get on a natural np thyroid. I did and immediately felt better AND MY HAIR CAME IN THICK AND SHINY!”

goody2shoeskat · Taken for 2 to 5 years June 28, 2019

NP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Hashimoto's disease: “I'm amazed at the negative feedback on NP. I've been on it for over two years and have loved it. My dosage has just been increased, but I have had zero side effects and feel great on it. It really goes to show that we are all so different and what works for one person may not for another. Good luck to each of you on your journey to feel better.”

Me · Taken for 1 to 2 years June 26, 2019

NP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: “I had horrible side effects on synthroid. My hair fell out, I was lethargic, the side effects almost weren't worth the little good it did. With Nature Thyroid the inside of my ears itched all the time and wax production was excessive and I still lost excessive hair and even eyebrows. With NP Thyroid I experienced no side effects and an actual improvement in my thyroid function over time.”

bo · Taken for 2 to 5 years June 25, 2019

NP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Hashimoto's disease: “I'm not really sure how people have all these "side effects". I have Hashimoto's but never experienced anything close to what people are describing here. NP thyroid is the same for me as Nature Throid and I can't really tell the difference. Only once did lower dose of Armour set things off with my TSH and luckily I found whatever else was in stock. I was never on synthetic thyroid meds and never will. In fact, looking ways and modifying my diet to get off meds once and for all.”

MissLeopard83 · Taken for 1 to 2 years June 25, 2019

NP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: “I hate this medication. I keep trying to get the pharmacy to switch me back to the Armour Thyroid but they won't. They claim this is the generic. On NP Thyroid, I feel tired all the time, and have all the symptoms of hypothyroidism. My hair is falling out again in clumps and my weight loss is stalled. I used to be on WP Thyroid before they had manufacturing issues and loved it but I can't get on it anymore. I think I may have my doctor switch me to Nature-Throid or move my prescription to another pharmacy because I'm tired of feeling tired and lethargic all the time.”

Ei Mac · Taken for 2 to 5 years June 18, 2019

WP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal: “The old WP worked great. Since it’s return after being unavilable it has been junk. Like a sugar pill. Going back to Synthyroid. Don’t waste your time or money on WP.”

CMS · Taken for 5 to 10 years June 14, 2019

Nature-Throid (thyroid desiccated) for Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal: “I, too, have experienced various hypo symptoms since the back order of 2017: dry hair, hair breakage and hair loss, weight gain, muscular aches and pains, and depression. The company says that nothing has changed, but I disagree. I tried posting on RLC labs site, and they blocked me from posting. That says it all! I found out, from someone who has done a lot of research, that the FDA has made RLC change the formula to call it a "drug", and I also found out that one of the ingredients is propylene glycol, a derivative of anti-freeze. I am not quite sure about that, though. I do know that whatever they did since the recall has caused problems for many, many people. I am now going to try a compounding pharmacy who will make up a pill with the same ratio of T3 T4 with only one filler, microcrystalline cellulose. Hopefully, this will finally help me feel better!”

Liz · Taken for 1 to 2 years June 4, 2019

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Hashimoto's disease: “I love Armour! I was taking Levothyroxine and felt so awful. My body ached, I was ill. My thyroid doctor refused to change my medication so I went to my primary and after my first dose I felt 90 percent better.”

Chris V · Taken for less than 1 month May 20, 2019

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: “Definitely wasn't for me. Noticed a drastic change in my moods. Generally a very bubbly person, became irritable during treatment. Constant Racing thoughts, jitters, overall depressed feeling. Impaired my thinking too, felt distraught. Feeling MUCH better since discontinuation of Armour.”

Kelli · Taken for 6 months to 1 year May 18, 2019

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Thyroid Cancer: “I have hypothyroidism and was also found to have thyroid papillary carcinoma. I had the right side of my thyroid removed and gained 15 pounds after my surgery. I was on just 15 mg prior to surgery, I was recently put back on 15 mg which was then bumped up to 30 mg 3x a week and 15 mg 4x a week. Got my numbers back today and my TSH was 6.8 the worst its been so far. So now he has bumped me up to 60 mgs (believe thats one grain) and still trying to clarify if he wants me to take that every day or 4x a week or what. He wasn't specific. So I will see what he says. Anyone else have weight gain with Armour? Am I gaining weight because my Armour didn't have me in the optimal range? I live a low carb lifestyle because I have other health issues. Thanks!”