User Reviews for Testosterone (Page 8)

Also known as: Andro LA 200, Andro-Cyp 100, Andro-Cyp 200, Androderm, AndroGel, AndroGel 1.25 g Packets, AndroGel 2.5 g Packets, Aveed, Axiron, Delatest, Delatestryl, Depandro 100, Depo-Testosterone, Depotest, Duratest, ...show all 35 brand names

Learn more about Testosterone.

Klinefelter Syndrome 1 reviews 0 medications

7.4
Gender Dysphoria 2 reviews 0 medications

Summary of Testosterone reviews 385 reviews 8.5

Reviews for Testosterone

Androderm (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "Use alcohol pads to clean the area, and the patch will stick to it 24 hrs."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 1, 2013

AndroGel (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "GREAT. Works awesome, helps my sex drive. The only bad thing if you want to call it bad is I'm growing a hairy belly as this is where I apply it."

Dragonstick (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 29, 2013

For Hypogonadism, Male: "I'm a 69 yr old male who began Axiron one month ago with a free sample. I feel much better generally and have noticed improved energy, mood, and libido. The cost is about $400 per month. I have switched to an injectable depo-testosterone which is about $35 per month. I'm very excited about this whole experience. When I look back I realize my symptoms started when I was 52, or 17 yrs ago. If only I had known I could have saved years of issues. My T-level was 233 and have not retested yet. Good luck and GET TESTED!"

Robocob May 23, 2013

Testim (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "Very effective. I had very low numbers and bad muscle aches that made it difficult to walk more than a few blocks. I considered this almost a miracle because it helped so much, so fast. I have found men hate the smell and women love it. Women say, "I don't know what you have on but you sure smell good." On the other hand in a group of men, I see them moving their chairs to get further away from me. No comments, they just move. No known side effects for me."

Jmanmuscles May 23, 2013

Fortesta (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "I am 25 years old and just started Fortesta about 4 days ago, my testosterone level came out to a 39 on my blood work which is extremely low and rare for my age! So far my mood has definitely changed for the better but that's about it. "

Jbfrenchy May 18, 2013

Testim (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "I'm a 43 year old with T levels on the low end of the scale, compared to the average for my age. On my third day of Testim, I am already the feeling positive effects of the medicine: more mental alertness, less sluggishness. I have experienced a headache on the second day but it has gone away. The smell of the medicine on application doesn't bother me. To me, Testim smells like rubbing alcohol and the smell soon dissipates. I also use a spray of cologne on each shoulder to disguise any scent that I may not be smelling."

Wolf R. - New Testim User May 16, 2013

Axiron (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "I am 44. My T level last year was 182 and climbed to 222 last month. Decided to try Axiron with the free 30 day trial. So far feeling pretty good. Mood is up, libido is up slightly, and it seems my muscle tone has improved. The problem is my insurance doesn't cover it so at around $300 / month this will be too costly to continue. Hoping for cheaper alternatives - perhaps injections. I would love to continue using Axiron but it doesn't appear to be in the cards unfortunately."

PWBJ (taken for less than 1 month) May 7, 2013

Fortesta (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "I am 56 and was initially tested at 246. Symptoms were low energy, continuous minor ailments, grumpiness, occasional inability to concentrate, and a low sex drive. I was put on 1% Androgel and felt better almost immediately. It was easy to apply and absorbed quickly. At refill time my insurance company denied Androgel and switched me to Fortesta. After starting Fortesta (4 pumps) the brain fog has not returned, but I don't always feel as sharp as when I was on Androgel. My energy level is okay but not great. And it's not as easy to apply, it goes on the thigh and does not absorb quickly. My 60-day lab work had me at 244, actually lower than before treatment, so now I am at 8 pumps. We'll see how it goes."

Dale R. May 5, 2013

Axiron (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "At 54 I had little energy by day's end. I was falling asleep in chair after dinner. For the first time, ever, my libido, was diminished. And was moody and depressed. Also, had problems concentrating at work. On 60 mgs for a month and all symptoms turned around except libido. Doc moved me ot 90 mgs. I have been on that dosage for 2 weeks and seem to have regular headaches."

andreasalbus April 30, 2013

Testim (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "Male, 53, went on for low drive, apathy, loss of muscle, weight gain, inability to exercise due to joint pain and frequent injuries. Blood levels of about 250. First 8 days of use were the hardest - headaches, strong smell, so strong I thought I could taste it! This was on the 50 mg tube, 1 x per day. Was about to give up on it, and then all side effects vanished on day 9! After two weeks my blood pressure has dropped from 160/100 and on medication to 120/80 and I am exercising daily. Note - highly recommend using latex medical exam gloves to apply - no mess, no cross contamination, better drying, no waste. Also, use small needle nose pliers to get the last 5% - 10% out of the tube. Miracle."

Dude532013 April 29, 2013

Testim (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "Testim is my fountain of youth! My total T went from 295 to 856 in four months. I now workout and run regularly. I am 51 years old and feel like I did at 21 years old. My sex drive has gone through the roof and my wife says I am a "new" man"

Tired ol' man (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 26, 2013

Axiron (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "I have tried it all! Very frustrated with the lack of results, my doctor put me on Axiron about a month ago. This is the one product that has truly changed my life. I feel much better. I feel much more energetic and my anxiety and mood issues are gone. I really hope this is not to good to be true! "

KMBD April 24, 2013

Axiron (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "Worked well enough to stop taking any of the erectile dysfunction prescriptions that I was taking. Very pricey."

mcguiremiked April 19, 2013

AndroGel (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "The first thing I noticed was that my shirts were fitting better, they weren't so tightly fitting anymore. So I weighed myself and I was surprised to see that I had lost 15-17 pounds in the 2-3 months I had been on the Androgel. It took about 2-3 months to find my actual dose. I have noticed way better muscle tone, specially in my chest, shoulders & arms. I am also wearing jeans and shorts more comfortably, they don't fit so tight anymore and don't hurt around my waistline from being so tight. I'm back down to a size 32, much more solid & defined looking and feeling. Lost weight in my neck & face, lost that round looking face, now I have a square jawline and thinner, manlier face. I am able to think more clearly. More solid and longer lasting erections."

Dr.Feelgood43160 April 19, 2013

103 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Axiron (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "My T-Level was 145 then just two weeks later 135. Then I started loosing bone mass and muscle tone. My Doctor advised me to try Axiron. Only on day two, lifting weights and walking has already become easier to do. Sex drive as always been there. Brain willing, body function not so good. Will post again in two weeks to let you know how things are going. So far though for two days I am happy with results."

Bratman (taken for less than 1 month) April 18, 2013

AndroGel (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "I got this after having some trouble performing and just not feeling as good as I used to. As a 91 year old, I don't get around like I used to, but the Androgel brought me back to life in many ways. I feel so much better after taking the 1% gel. I feel like I was back in the 40s again!"

PappyJim April 17, 2013

78 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Testim (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "I am 54 yrs old. I have been using Testim for over 6 weeks now because my Dr. prescribed it to me. The results that I've gotten are phenomenal. My Testoserone went up 3Xs as much and my Free Test went up 2xs as much. I feel more confident; a little more aggressive; more sure of myself; more alert; a little sharper; overall I feel GREAT! And sexually I don't tire as quick as before. I rub one tube on my shoulder and upper arm in the mornings, about the same time. I switch arms everyday. The smell is pleasant. I did have a side effect i.e. my foot/ankle swelled up, so I laid off it for about 2 weeks, till the swelling went down. Now I have no more side effects, this works GREAT!"

MiniatureBigK April 15, 2013

Testim (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "I am a 59 year old male, HIV and have used Androgel successfully for years to help with energy, depression and libido. My insurance company forced me to switch to Testim in January, and I really dislike this. Its hard to wash off my hands after application to my chest and shoulders; it has a distinctive odor that clashes with colognes and causes Allergic reactions in scent sensitive friends; it only dries to a sticky tacky surface that sticks to my shirts, stains my clothes, and the tubes it comes in are harder to use than Androgel packets or the pump."

ds415 April 7, 2013

Axiron (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "I have been on the gel for 5 months and all I can say is wow! My doctor put me on a strict diet and told me to try this. I was hesitant at first but after about a week of use I started to see some serious changes. Sex drive, energy, alertness, and overall performance. I had gained quite a bit of weight, to be exact I was 418 lbs! With diet, exercise, and increasing my test levels I have lost 68 lbs and still dropping. My side effects were a little different from others. My ejaculation increased and my size increased as well. Also I shave my arm pits now to ensure that all the medication is being absorb, and I apply the medication at night after I shower. I also wait about 25 mins before getting dress."

LOOKINGFORRESULTS (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 3, 2013

Axiron (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "I personally love it. Great stuff"

Sammy t April 1, 2013

Axiron (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "Same symptoms as most other reviewers. Been on Axiron for about a month now. Feeling significantly better. Mood, energy, and sex drive are way up. Noticed slight sinus burning/headaches, but I'm not sure they are associated with Axiron. Underarm redness and burning have been pretty significant, but bearable. Dont know levels yet. Another test to come."

Supernaut88 March 18, 2013

Axiron (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "I have been using Axion for a little over a month. I am 65 years old. About 2 weeks after I started the use of Axiron my energy level was unbelieveable. I feel better than I have felt In several years. I have just started my second bottle of it and will give another opinion when I complete this bottle. So far I am very happy with this product."

Ike830 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 16, 2013

Androderm (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "I am an older guy (over 65). Last evening was my first experience with Androderm 2 mg patch. I was not expecting much in the way of results. About an hour and half after dosing my penis became fully erect and hard without any physical stimulis. This has not happened in years. This morning I woke with morning wood. More like a willow than a oak but I will take that. The patch did not come off in the pool doing water exercises for over an hour. Total Testosterone 381 Free Testosterone 55 So far I have been very happy with product"

patrickguy69 March 13, 2013

Axiron (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "Hi, I'm a 35-year old male with Hypogonadism (primary testicular failure not producing any sperm and smaller testies). My T level was 200 nmol/L which is below the lower limit of the normal range. This is day 2 on being on Axiron (60 mg / day dose) and I already feel different: my mental cloudiness is gone, I have more energy and I don't need to drink that much coffee to stay awake. Got a strong 'morning wood' like I haven't had in years. Erections, orgasms also quite improved already! I feel that my body is finally performing at the level it should be. Yeah! The only downside is I observed myself snapping momentarily with anger for small things.. I'll keep posting about my experience. I can't believe how different I feel in just 2 days!"

Yoyoyo425 March 6, 2013

Striant (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "Used Striant for several years. It's a buccal (placed under top lip on gum) and I was advised by pharmacist that buccal method is the quickest delivery of medicine (also bypasses liver). My T numbers were the best ever on Striant (from <200 to 700 ). My biggest problem was you have to use it 2x per day and I could only handle 1x/day in morning, otherwise, it kept me awake/anxious at night! I would have to say though, if you're strictly looking to raise numbers it's probably the best t replacement (other than shots) and had Axiron not came along, I'd still be using Striant."

JOKEHO (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 23, 2013