User Reviews for Terbinafine (Page 8)

Also known as: Lamisil, Terbinex

Cutaneous Candidiasis 1.5
Summary of Terbinafine reviews 6.7 387 reviews

Reviews for Terbinafine

Floe April 9, 2017

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: “I'm in my second month of terbinafine. I noticed my nails were a lot more brittle to try and cut... I hadn't read that this might happen, but I didn't expect this...more to come...”

Happy!!! April 5, 2017

Lamisil (terbinafine) for Onychomycosis, Toenail: “I suffered from toenail fungus on my left big toe for ten years. After having no luck with over the counter medications I went to my dermatologist who prescribed a pain on one. I went through several months of using it and had zero improvement. My dermatologist then prescribed a 3 month treatment of terbinafine. I am now done with the treatment and my nail is about 75% clear! Had all of the blood work done and everything came back fine. I thought I was experiencing side effects the first few weeks but I think it was mostly in my head because I read all of these awful reviews. All I can say is that this literally has changed my life and I am so mad I didn't try to get prescribed to it ten years ago!!! 10/10 would recommend.”

1964susan March 31, 2017

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: “I have just finished my first month of a three month prescription and so far I've only noticed that my toe nails have almost stopped hurting. It appears that my toenails are going to fall off. Is this normal? Are they supposed to fall off then I get new ones? Also, the only side affect I get is slight headaches .... no other symptoms. I'm crossing my fingers this works!! Doc said it may take another three month treatment after this one.”

Dana P March 27, 2017

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: “I am a 52 year old male with bad fungus for years. Finally got sick of it and wanted to do something about it. Just finished 12 week treatment. Do see improvement but not all gone. Small toes look good but big toes have a way to go. Hopefully will continue to get better. Weird taste in mouth time to time. Stomach issues periodically. Stayed away from alcohol for full 12 weeks. Liver function tests a couple of times with no issues. Not the best of experience but not the worst either. Grin and bear it.”

Maribags · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 24, 2017

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: “I was prescribed Terbanifine by my GP. I have had severe toenail fungus on nearly all of my toenails, and dry cracked heels for 10 years. I was told that you only need to take this drug for 3 months and then wait for the nails to grow out, I was extremely sceptical at first as although my heels cleared quickly my nails were still awful. But 3 months after stopping this medication the improvement is obvious and I am looking forward to wearing sandals and strappy shoes this summer. You must only take this on prescription and for a short time, and most important be patient! I had no side effects.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month March 12, 2017

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: “I'm on week 2 and I feel terrible! My stomach is in knots, I have a rash on my neck, can't sleep, taking antacids daily due to acidic taste in my mouth, I've gained weight and lost my sense of taste. Symptoms gradually worsen the longer I take it. I can hardly move today. :'( .... the tough part is, my nails look better! Do I tough it out in misery or opt for a topical solution?”

Marks Girl · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 11, 2017

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: “I finally started this medication in Sept. Of 2016. The only side effect I had was loss of taste and once I finished my 90 day supply, my taste came back. My toenails were awful. ”

ChrisLM · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 3, 2017

Lamisil (terbinafine) for Onychomycosis, Toenail: “Took this for 2 1/2 months (generic version). Fungus improved somewhat however the side effects of weight gain, water retention, diarrhea and stomach pain were not worth it. The side effects increased the longer I was on the medication. I take nothing else and there were no other changes or health issues so I know 100% this medication was the culprit.”

KySpikes · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 20, 2017

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: “I have had toenail fungus for close to 20 years. Unfortunately when I was younger trauma to one of my toenails caused it to fall off. The fungus took over that nail and then spread to four other toes. For years I hid my feet embarrassed and ashamed of them. I decided it was time to get my blood test and start the medication. Well today I started my third month of my 90 day prescription. I should have done this sooner. My toes no longer hurt, the skin on the bottom of my feet is smooth instead of rough and scaly. But the best part of all is that I'm seeing CLEAR NAILS. One baby toe is almost completely grown out. Another is half way there. My two big toes are still mostly infected but new growth is definitely visible. Beyond excited!!”

ALALAL February 13, 2017

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: “I had an extremely negative experience of this drug. I began to take it at a time when I was experiencing mild anxiety, but didn't think the drug would have any effect on my mental state. It took me 6 weeks to realise it was seriously exacerbating my mental health symptoms. I experienced extreme erratic mood swings, anxiety attacks, periods of depression and pervasive negative thoughts, at times related to suicide. After I stopped taking the drug, my symptoms began to fade away but I am still dealing with the consequences a month later. I would strongly discourage anyone working through mental health issues from taking this drug, at least without proper monitoring.”

Nice nails · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 4, 2017

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: “I was a bit wary about trying this after reading a lot of negative reviews and scary side effects but after a 20 year problem with all 10 toenails (crumbling, discoloured and would practically peel off the nail bed) and being too embarrassed to show my feet in summer, I decided to give turbinafine a try. Too embarrassed to go to my GP I purchased a 3 month course online. The results are amazing. 10 perfectly healthy nails 7 months later and not one side effect.”

AMDG123 January 2, 2017

For Onychomycosis, Fingernail: “I have been taking this medication for a fingernail infection for about 8 months. I had lost about half of each fingernail. By about 4-6 months my fingernails were grown almost down to a normal level on my nail bed and by 8 months I can see almost about 1/3 of the top of the new growth is completely clear with no yellow at all. I'm going to continue to take the medication for at least a few more months (partially because my toes are also infected and they are not quite as far along the recovery path) but I am so thrilled that my finger nails don't look scary anymore and that they will hopefully be fully clear within a few months. The crappy part is insurance will only cover 90 days per every year, so most of the time I'm paying full price.”

Lanabblessed December 28, 2016

For Tinea Capitis: “My 7yr old is currently on this med she takes a half of a 250 once daily. She currently has a rash all over her chest and forehead ,dark urine, and a dry cough. It seems to be working on the ringworm but I'm very concerned about the side effects.”

Joselito_Bonao December 21, 2016

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: “Just as most of you that commented on Terbinafine; I was afraid of taking this medication as several people including my physician said it is harsh on the liver; however, my toenails looked so horrible for so many years and ultimately spread to my thumbs; very discouraged to wear sandals and always hiding my feet that I decided to give it a try. A Podiatrist recommended a 90 days program and I've been on it now for almost two months; seeing very nice results in all 10 toenails and thumbnail; still not 100% there yet but hopefully will get there by Summer as it takes about 10 months according to my Podiatrist for the nails to grow out free of fungus. Thanks be to God, no side effects; I checked my liver after 1 month and 1 week.”

7910MT · Taken for less than 1 month December 8, 2016

Lamisil (terbinafine) for Onychomycosis, Toenail: “Everyone's toenails grow at different rates. To say that they grow slowly and that evidence of the treatment taking a year to notice is simply NOT TRUE. I have taken generic Lamasil for 3 weeks now and the thickness under the nail bed in all 5 of my toes is almost completely gone AND you can see where new, healthy nail is growing in. I am fully committed to the treatment course, so just because things look better so quickly does not mean the fungus is completely gone. I just wanted to give hope to someone out there who may be discouraged by some of these testimonies. Everyone's case is different but there is still the possibility your body will respond well and rather quickly to the oral treatment!”

Nail Polish Lover · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 27, 2016

For Onychomycosis, Fingernail: “I lost my fingernails suddenly about a year ago. I spent over half a year trying at home remedies but nothing worked. I've been taking this medication for about 5 months now and I will tell you this - It doesn't work fast but if you stick with it the nausea and side effects will eventually die down and you will eventually start growing new nail. My two worst nails (my thumbs) are still oddly shaped, but when I look back at the photo I took the first day I realized that the nails were separating from my bail bed, I can see that I've gained back quite a bit after about 5 months. I'm not sure I will ever have my beautiful nails back, but this medication has given me hope that some day (maybe years from now) I will be back to normal.”

44 suffering for 15 years · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 30, 2016

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: “I'm a engineer and truly tried every remedy you can google. Vinegar, bleach, tea tree oil, multiple "online" ointments, Penlac twice, Laser Pinpointe procedure for $1400, it was too the point I had no nail really. All with varying results the key is ALWAYS TEMPORARY!! I spent at least $2000 over the last 15 years on my problem!! Being a health fanatic workout guy do you have any idea how hard it is to be the guy who doesn't show his FEET of course you do!! I was so SCARED that Terbinafine would damage my liver, because don't we all think we will be the 1:10,0000 that has a problem. 68 days in not a hint of fungus 1/2 way up my nail!! Will update and show pics wish I would have done this 15 years ago!!”

Lee R2 October 25, 2016

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: “I tried this medication but after about 3 weeks the side effects were too much for me I had pain in my liver so I stopped. There are other solutions but beware if you use google you are going to end up on a wild goose chase of fake reviews from non medical professionals trying to sell you junk. Many sites will disguise themselfs often citing clinical trials to make them look convincing. Then it dawned on me to search pubmed.gov, this is the website where official clinical trials results are shared. Search for the terms "toenail fungus" or "Onychomycosis". I don't have a cure yet as I'm still reading up but once you've found the active ingredient you can then search for products containing it. Ignore ALL reviews from members of the public.”

Geieibegeiwojwbeje · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 21, 2016

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: “Have had toenail fungal infection for years. Was recently prescribed Terbinafine. 3 month script. Been taking for a month so far. Have noticed the associated scaliness on my underfoot has subsided and has gotten smoother with less dryness and cracking. Two more months to go! No noticeable side effects, besides a slightly acidic taste in my mouth like reflux, but I'm not sure if this is from the pills or not, just mentioning it... Not life altering in any case.”

Nikki-Cole26 October 20, 2016

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: “I suffered with nasty toenail fungus on both of my big toes for almost 15yrs. Both nails were thick, black and yellow and very crooked. I was ashamed and embarrassed to show my toes to anyone!! I finally decided I could no longer take the pain and suffering. It took months for me to see any change but I was determined to stick with it. I felt it was my last hope after trying so many different other cream and oils before. After about 8 months I finally saw a difference in the health of my toenails. I took the medicine for about a year before I was completely satisfied. Fortunately for me I had zero side effects at all. I am very pleased with the outcome, but you definitely have to have some patience taking this medicine.”

Jess30276 October 13, 2016

Lamisil (terbinafine) for Onychomycosis, Toenail: “Did not work! Used the 12 week treatment. Saw an improvement and after cutting off the whole nail it looked like it was growing back healthy. Fast forward to now and the other nail is doing the same thing the first one did. Not only that but the first nail is still not growing back properly and is starting to turn yellow...again! It's like the medicine didn't even kill all of it. Now I have to figure out something else as the second stupid nail is turning yellow and starting to have the same issues as the first.”

Judd789 October 1, 2016

Lamisil (terbinafine) for Onychomycosis, Toenail: “After reading comments on here I thought I would writ a realistic review based on the truth. I took terbinafine tablets for 6 months. I didn't have any side affects and had 1 blood test. My organs were all fine. I have read on here that people's toes started to clear within a month. I can safely say that this is untrue. You will not see any results until the fungus has been killed and a new unaffected nail starts to grow. This can take over a year. For me I think it was about 10 -11 months. So 4 or so months after I finished the treatment. My nail didn't look any different from when I started. And then if by magic a new clean nail started growing. At this stage I got rid of all my socks and shoes and replaced them. Toe nails grow slowly!!”

Tee2014 September 22, 2016

Lamisil (terbinafine) for Onychomycosis, Toenail: “I suffered for almost 6 years with all ten toes badly infected. The sight was awful!!! I had to wear closed in shoes ALL the time. I took 3 months of treatment and seen a SIGNIFICANT change!! After 3 months of being off the treatment, I asked my doctor for another round because it is an extremely STUBBORN fungus!! Thankfully after that round, I now have normal, beautiful ten toes!! I had my 1st pedicure in years and I went sandal crazy shopping!! I don't know of any side effects and if there where any, it was nothing I noticed. I was afraid of the risks, but EVERYTHING is a risk!! This was a risk worth taking!!”

ASho784 · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 16, 2016

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: “I had suffered with fungal toenail infection since I was about 4 years old after I dropped a paving slab on my foot and it ruined the nail/nail bed. My big toenail toenail was thickened, discoloured, a bit ingrown and raised at the end, very painful if stepped on/knocked and always falling off. I was particularly conscious as a teenager about the appearance and smell of it and had tried every topical lacquer and a few homeopathic suggestions. Nothing seemed to work and eventually I was prescribed terbinafine for 3 months, and it worked like a treat. I did not have any side effects, not even loss of taste like a lot of the reviews say, and my toenail was completely cleared and has been so now for 7 years. Very happy with Terbinafine!”

Amadia · Taken for less than 1 month September 10, 2016

Lamisil (terbinafine) for Tinea Pedis: “I had a monster athletes foot. After four or five days my feet stopped itching and they aren't yellow anymore. I will never buy the dollar store brand of antifungal ever again.”