User Reviews for Telmisartan

Cardiovascular Risk Reduction 10.0
Summary of Telmisartan reviews 5.9 62 reviews

Reviews for Telmisartan

Gabo · Taken for less than 1 month October 18, 2020

Micardis (telmisartan) for High Blood Pressure: “I had started Micardis for less than a week but it hasn't shown any control of my bp but update after two weeks.”

Bobolink · Taken for 2 to 5 years October 6, 2020

For Cardiovascular Risk Reduction: “I have a combination of cardiac anomalies, including but not limited to paroxysmal asymptomatic atrial fibrillation, post stent RCA, slightly elevated BP; general cardiovascular risk. I was on branded Micardis for several years. Then the military formulary went to a generic not packaged in UD. Clearly they had to coat the tabs with something to prevent absorption of moisture from the air, since telmisartan is quite hygroscopic. I had a horrid reaction within three days. My Pharmacist at the Navy Pharmacy where I go said she was pretty sure the problem was in the coating. I had received the Ascend generic when I was in Phoenix at a WalMart pharmacy; when I went to renew they also had only tabs in a bottle. Now, I had taken your generic with no issues whatsoever. Problem now is that NO ONE has your generic telmisartan and I am stuck in a really scary place. I have no idea where to turn.”

Bill · Taken for 5 to 10 years August 25, 2020

Micardis (telmisartan) for High Blood Pressure: “I have been on Micardis 40mg for over 6 years now. I must be one of the lucky ones as I have had no side effects to speak of and my Doc has been happy with my BP readings. Also pleased to note that I have dropped about 4 kilos of visceral fat with no change to my diet.”

Lil August 1, 2020

For High Blood Pressure: “telmisartan lowered blood pressure but caused rashes. 0n the 80 dose. One to three months”

Jay · Taken for 10 years or more April 7, 2020

For High Blood Pressure: “I wasn't having a problem on Micardis but if you look closely at their information provided, they don't know the long-term effect of 80mg p/day and they do not recommend it below 55 yrs of age which I didn't know. I took it for 11 yrs and now I am 50. Study suggests cancer chance rises slightly after taking it for 4 yrs. I stopped taking it 5 days ago and, so far, by blood pressure is lower than 120/75 at all times in the day (lower than when I took Micardis). However, I also stopped drinking coffee at the same time and haven't drank alcohol for one month.”

lonestar February 20, 2020

For High Blood Pressure: “Have taken it for over 20 yearas. Handles my blood pressure for 24 hours Its the best alternative for someone thats over weight and can't seem to lose the weight. I do get a runny nose and post nasal drip I use otc Clearall that controls it. I tried calcium blockers but they made my ankles swell. Short of losing weight this was my best alternative”

wontdie · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 17, 2020

Micardis (telmisartan) for High Blood Pressure: “MICARDIS SHOULD BE BANNED ...I HAVE BEEN TOLD I MUST TAKE IT NOW FOR SEVERAL YEARS , BUT MY REACTIONS ARE GETTING MUCH WORSE BEING 10 of the 12 side effects that they warn about. I went off for a while felt fabulous then BP spiked doctor made me go back on the Miocardis now feel as I would be better not on this earth. Anyway I have terrible sinusitis all the time, dry mouth, headaches, permanently exhausted , sore throat ,awful back pains , and now my kidneys are packing up. I gave up and stopped taking them 2 days ago and BP spiked again. There has to be something better ?? I have just heard that NHS in UK are starting a trial of a new med which is two injections a year. Wondering where you sign up as an act of final desperation. ”

Rony · Taken for 6 months to 1 year November 16, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: “I have had no side effects from telmisartan I'm finally able to lose some weight and I feel fabulous my blood pressure is down from 160 / 90 averaging 127 / 76”

Stilly · Taken for 2 to 5 years September 26, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: “Have had high blood pressure for 40 years (now 70) and had been put on about all the blood pressure meds (two and three at a time many times) in a vain attempt to lower my constantly high BP ( many readings above 170/100) even when on other blood pressure meds. Then I read an article and requested to be put on Telmisartin. Oh My God, by BP fell to the 105-125/65-80 range consistently. If only I'd found this 20 years ago. Absolutely NO side effects other than occasional dizzyness if I stand quickly. Just bend over and put your hands on your knees for a moment and all is well. Best, don't get up quickly.”

AVsid · Taken for 1 to 2 years September 17, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: “I am 35 years old, have high blood pressure coz of genetic reasons. I am on telmisartan 40 mg daily (took it in morning) since last year or so. The drug lowered my blood pressure (110s/120s by 70/80s) with initial bouts of dizziness during the day, which hampered my work. I started taking telma at night to counter the day dizziness, it worked well for a year or so with no other side effects, lately I have been experiencing dizziness again, also felt vertigo like sensation once or twice, fatigue, and drained out sensation. Consulted my MD, he feels it may not be due to medication, but due to anxiety. I have continued taking medication so far. Some days are better, some are dizzy.”

Justphua · Taken for less than 1 month September 9, 2019

Micardis (telmisartan) for High Blood Pressure: “I was prescribed 20 mg of Micardis and like many experienced the lightheadedness, dizziness, and back pain. It also caused my throat to swell, mild nausea, vision problems, chest tightness, heartburn, the feeling I was going to faint, flushing and pressure in my head. Basically my blood pressure medication made me feel like I was going to have a heart attack and stroke. I stopped taking it 4 days ago and still have these symptoms. Time will tell if this stuff has done permanent damage.”

bird August 31, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: “I have tried several medications for HBP. Telmisartan has great 24 hour control of BP @ 80mg daily. Orher meds such as lisinopril wear off too quick and don't offer good 24 hour control. I have also read that telmisartan even has a slight positive effect on people that may be prediabetic with A1c of 5.7 or more. It is true that there is some orthostatic blood pressure drop when bending over, etc but this is minor compared to other BP meds I have tried.”

Babs · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 14, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: “I started on 40 mg of telemisartan and it lowered my bp but I've been feeling depressed and have anxiety and feel like I'm going to have a panic attack. My doctor does not think it is the med.”

Kat · Taken for 10 years or more July 4, 2019

Micardis (telmisartan) for High Blood Pressure: “Took Micardis for about 15 years. Did great for my blood pressure. I also had sinus problems off and on and every time I went to Dr. they put me on antibiotics for sinus infection. Got to where I didn't got to the Dr. and just "bit the bullet" on the sinus problems. One day I decided to look up all my medications and found that sinus problems were a side effect of Micardis. I quit taking the Micardis and what do you know, my sinus problems are gone. I've taken Micardis 80 mg/w hctz; 80 mg without hctz and 40 mg without hctz. It works great for blood pressure, but the side effects don't warrant taking it for me.”

Kleewyck · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 5, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: “I began taking Telmisartan (40mg) for high blood pressure in Nov 2018 - age is 77. My pressure went back to 120/80 but as time went on I experienced muscle pain (tendinitis); difficulty in putting a sentence together, could not remember words and forgot them right away after being told what they were; gained weight; had mild headaches; swelling. Today I decided to do a little research and I realized I was experiencing side effects. Hopefully I will find another way to deal with my blood pressure.”

Shaggy · Taken for less than 1 month June 1, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: “I have tried this medication twice. It did a great job in lowering my BP and pulse, but I have severe dizziness even while sitting. I cannot walk without help. I took it only 3 days both times. Last time the dizziness and weakness lasted a week. I'm hoping this doesn't happen again as I just went off it.”

EastIndianfromToronto · Taken for 5 to 10 years April 20, 2019

Micardis (telmisartan) for High Blood Pressure: “I was diagnosed at age 47 with BP 140/90 and am a south asian. I am 56 years now and a type 1 diabetic since last 35 years. I have had no side effects and started on Micardis 40 mg by my endo and then he upped it to 80 mg to be safe. My BP is well under control and it hovers around 125-134/65-75 I check my BP everyday and keep a log by taking pics on my iphone of what it is and what food I eat. I avoid frozen food and pizzas and climb 10 floors everyday which helps it reduce by 10 points on the systolic number and bout 7-8 points on the diastolic number. I tried the generic and had muscle pain as well as shoulder pain on my right at night time ”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month March 19, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: “Started telmisartan in the morning and had to come home from work, due to a headache, being agitated and had trouble with vision. Took my BP and it was 145/106. Rested and now it is normal and I feel better except for the lingering headache. I will take it at night and see if that helps with side effects.”

Mike March 15, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: “Felt terrible on this medication. I am 35 years old, In good shape, exercise and eat well but I have genetic high blood pressure, I was put on telmisartan 20 mg. Not only did my blood pressure not improve at all but within one week I had extreme fatigue, it was difficult for me to think clearly and had a headache all day. I visited my doctor after 16 days, was put on a new medication and within two days my blood pressure went from the 150’s/ 160’s/95 to 125 over 81 and the symptoms have subsided completely.”

kateyezs · Taken for 1 to 2 years January 8, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: “researching why my body feels like garbage. Now I think I know why, because of this medicine, especially after going to 80mg. I'm tired all the time, eyesight got worse, foggy brain- hard to concentrate at work. and of course- swelling of leg and feet with dull, achy pains. It is time to get off this junk and my BP has not been lowered much due to all the pain this medicine is causing me.”

Lolli September 18, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: “Side effects were headaches, tendonitis, chest pain, diarrhea and depression.”

Tokzkie824 · Taken for less than 1 month June 12, 2018

Micardis (telmisartan) for High Blood Pressure: “Have taken micardis for the 1st time as prescribed by my cardiologist in almost 1 week now and so far so good since I felt no side effect except for a diarrhea for the 1st 2 days”

sid` · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 1, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: “Same as some of the others. It's the fourth week and dizziness, shallow breathing till noon and BP around 118/77. I took it as my BP spiked in gym while doing HIIT.”

MojoMater March 21, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: “I am 64 year old white male that is very healthy, DASH (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension) diet and am 163 lbs at 69". Have been taking 20mg nightly for about a month. I was very concerned that I was having a reaction to Telmisartan initially, but decided to stay the course. My BP settled in to 133/80. I take the lowest dose that gets you in the acceptable range. I take it at night before going to bed. My side effects are: Morning grogginess up to lunchtime, slight tinnitus, mental sharpness. I am noticing that it does take time to adjust to this medication.”

AngieMet · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 10, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: “I’m 44. I was taking micardis 40mg for the past two months without much problem except ocassional weird pressure in my head and diarrhea. It lowered my bp very well to 120/80 and below. But that could also due to me losing weight healthily and exercising for the past two months. The third month was horrible. My anxiety level went skyrocket, I had fatigue, pressure in my head and all over the body, weak feeling in my knees and elbows. I was admitted for two days due to palpitation which was ruled out as anxiety after my echo/stress test/holter/ blood test came back fine. While wearing the holter I was 100% sure I was having palpitation but the result was otherwise. Now four days without micardis, I am still battling the withdrawal symptom. I am the unlucky one with bp medications, tried amlodipine before and had to go thru 3 weeks of terrible withdrawal symptoms.”