User Reviews for Spironolactone to treat Acne (Page 12)

Also known as: Aldactone, CaroSpir

Spironolactone Rating Summary

7.7/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 391 medications used in the treatment of Acne.

Reviews for Spironolactone

"I had been on so many different types of pills and creams, from over the counter to prescription before my dermatologist recommended spironolactone. I have only been on it for about 3 months, but am already seeing results in my skin's appearance. I definitely recommend this to anyone still looking for something that can cure their acne. I have been suffering for about 15 years and just now I am starting to feel comfortable in my own skin. I can't wait to see it's full effects!"

Anonymous August 27, 2009

"Spironolactone has been a miracle drug for me. I've suffered from acne since the age of 11. I've tried every pill and cream that my parents could afford. Nothing has ever fully worked because my acne is hormone related. If it did help, my face would be red, peel, and break out again once I discontinued the product. A friend introduced me to spironolactone and my life has never been the same. It took a good 4 months for me to see even a slight difference. But 1.5 years later my face is clear and has been ever since. I would highly recommend spironolactone. Just be patient for the first 3-4 months, but you will see results."

Anonymous May 10, 2009

"I was prescribed this from my dermatologist for my acne. I have been using it for the past 2 months and even though my acne is getting better I don't think they're all gone yet. The positive of this drug is I haven't seen any side effects. Make sure you drink a lot of water though. I'll come back and give it a better rating once my acne is totally gone."

OT April 17, 2009

"It worked over a period of 24 hours"

njnetschick28 October 30, 2008

"I was diagnosed with polycystic ovaries a couple years ago, having missed a couple periods and showing increased testosterone levels in my bloodwork. My dermatologist was actually the one to prescribe spironolactone - for my acne. While I haven't noticed a huge difference in terms of my skin problems, my periods have finally gotten more regular (31- to 33-day cycle, approximately) when taking 45 mg/day. I've noticed no side effects while taking spironolactone."

SophiaRivers July 2, 2008

"I always used used to get pimples before. Now I seriously never even get one pimple. This really works."

Anonymous June 19, 2008

"I was suffering from acne and this has cured it."

Anonymous March 10, 2008