User Reviews for Zoloft (Page 9)

Learn more about Zoloft.

Major Depressive Disorder 57 reviews 46 medications

7.1
Summary of Zoloft reviews 1016 reviews 7.7

Reviews for Zoloft

For Social Anxiety Disorder "I am back again. I always revert back to zoloft. Beside Paxil and Buspar, those are the only REAL meds with anti anxiety properties to them that are NOT benzo and addictive. The other anti depress can work but I really need it for anxiety 100% not depression. I had reported that I got headaches and body aches due to jaw clenching and grinding teeth and scrunching up my body at night but I will take that over the other side effects from other meds. If i stay at 100 mg and not go up to 150 mg then sex is not affected. Never gain weight from this med. I will give it a try again and deal with headaches! This one truly does work for SAD, GADS, anxiety etc... Oh its way cheaper than the other newer ones I was trying."

ecjames71 (taken for less than 1 month) August 15, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "This medicine is terrible. In fact doctors are terrible for prescribing it. Thanks to a 15 min session of my psychiatrist nodding (while barely looking at me) then writing down a name of a pill to "fix me" my face has never seen such acne. He thought I was depressed before, now I don't want to even leave the house. DOCTORS OVER PRESCRIBE!!!!! Please trust me, go to your herbal neighborhood store and get things to detox from medicine. The pharmaceutical companies are making a fortune on society believing a magic pill will sustain our life and subdue our problems. You're smarter than that, right?"

Girl236885 (taken for less than 1 month) August 14, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Social Anxiety Disorder "I have social anxiety disorder and depression. I never knew how unhappy and stressed I was until I started taking Zoloft early in the year. The drug did wonders for me. It brought out such happiness and a zest for life that I had not felt in a very long time. I began to exercise and eat right and as a result I lost a lot of weight. However, I stopped taking Zoloft mid year because my wife and I are trying to have another baby and it might affect fertility. A few weeks ago I got back on Zoloft for some anxiety I was feeling. I have done one week at 25 mg and the following two weeks on 50, but my anxiety is through the roof and I'm very depressed. I hope it starts to work again, I'm really anxious and praying I get my calm back."

DepressedNTX (taken for less than 1 month) August 6, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "I started taking this drug to battle mild depression. 50mg a day. Pros: 1) more energy than usual. I go to the gym more than I used to (losing weight). I go the "extra mile" at work, I got a promotion (financial industry/hedge funds). 2) depression started to fade Cons: 1) DR told me to take it before bed. INSOMNIA was so severe I switched to morning. 2) no desire for sex. 3) I started to feel numb, not literally. Stuff I care about, I no longer do. This is where the depression starts to fade (partly). Hard to explain this one... 4) I'm alienating myself from friends. I like spending time alone, but I'm spending even more so now. 5) I have to take Ativan before bed from time to time due to extra energy"

AnSF99 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 29, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "Been severely depressed for many years. Anxiety, ocd too. Zoloft has made me way more stable, down side is it can make you numb to life. I lost my dad in 06, I went into an awake coma so to speak, lost my mom last March, I felt the pain come in like bullet and then I felt overwhelmingly calm, that's the seratonin doing its job. I couldn't cry at the funeral or anything. While I'm not depressed, I do feel many other effects, decreased libido, muscle twitch, I extend my legs and contort them in bed uncontrollably. I give it a 9 because it saved my life. I'm on 150mg mornings. Have been for 10 years plus. Give it a good shot, let it have time to work. Good Luck. Don't ever give up."

That guy Rogue July 27, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "Started on 25mgs and had a tough first week with all the side effects. My doctor told me to stay on it for 2-3 more weeks and I did - and I must say, it have effected my life for the better cause. Went up to 50mg and have been on that dose for a while. Works great and feel that it is easier to do things now than before. Think it is important to say that there are no wonders drugs for anxiety. You are the key to deal with it - not the medicine. I still recommend Zoloft for those struggling with panic attacks."

AAvsQQ July 23, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "I was initially scared to go on Zoloft, as I had been on it when I was 12 for depression and I was told I was a despondent zombie. I'm 18 now and have probably taken 10 different antidepressants. Two months ago I began having horrible intrusive thoughts, and this was the first drug recommended. I agreed to try it after some pushing from my doctor and more experimentation. The first two weeks was hell; I couldn't keep anything down. I lost 18 pounds in two weeks. My OCD is better but it's still not great. I had periods of derealization when switching doses and some of it has stayed. I'm currently on 100mg and probably going to up my dose."

fireash345 July 23, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "I started taking Sertaline last july for panic and anxiety and also for severe pms, it was my last option, and the best decision I could have made, the first few weeks a was very nervous. I woulnt say it increased the anxiety much a was just so scared to take them, I was prescribed 50mg, I decided a would half them so I done that for the first month, so I didn't get any side effect of the meddication, I am still on them now, and feel I will stop on them alot longer as it been the first time in four year that I been happy and ablw to live a normal life, its totally the right desion, if your prescibed somwthing take it, dont let the anxiety take over, I undestand its scary your first one, but it the only way u will get better.. good luck"

Melaniels19892016 July 21, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder "Didn't do much for me except killed my sexual drive with the wife. After two weeks had to get off it. Works for some but not me."

Glimmer man July 20, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Postpartum Depression "I suffered from severe postpartum depression, anxiety, and OCD. More so horrifying intrusive thoughts that consumed my life, I literally wanted to give up. I was too scared to try a medication. I suffered from the time my baby was 6 months old to 18 months old. Finally I decided that Zoloft was my last hope. I started off at a low dose of 25mg and gradually increased it to 50, and finally 100mg. I can say I feel amazing. I don't ruminate on my obsessive thoughts anymore. Yes sometimes the thoughts still come into my head, but I am able to notice them as being an anxious thought and I don't spend hours days or months obsessing on them. They literally come in and go out, and I can function! I love zoloft! It saved my life!"

Mia02116 July 16, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "Went to a therapist who suggested Xanax and the doctor refused to do that and gave me Zoloft so I gave it a shot. First week was hell, was falling asleep sitting up which I had never done before. I was tired, sick feeling, and dizzy among other side effects. Once these subsided my panic attacks stopped, however I was sleeping 20 hours at a time, waking up then four hours later going back to sleep another 20 hours. I did notice I became better in social situations yet I lost interest in things I enjoyed doing and left the house even less than before. I have been diagnosed with GAD, panic disorder, agoraphobia, social anxiety, major depression, dermatillomania, and trichtotillomania. Not worth the negatives to fix only a few of these."

Peekasaurus (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 11, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "I was on Zoloft for Depression, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, and Panic Disorder. Initially, Zoloft helped me a lot and I didn't have any kind of panic attacks, a constant sense of mild anxiety, or depression all that bad. However, after about a year of being on it it started to make me feel like a complete zombie. I had zero motivation for anything which reflected in my grades and I'm normally an obsessive overachiever in school.. I just kind of let myself go. I wasn't depressed but I wasn't happy, it just put me in this fog-like feeling. The withdraw for me felt like I might as well have been coming off heroin. I couldn't eat or sleep, I had cold sweats, nausea/vomiting, and I had anxiety like never before. It was truly a nightmare."

Anonymous July 9, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "I had anxiety and panic attacks for about 3 years, I finally said enough was enough when I promised after another panic attack im going straight to the doctor and I did. And im glad I did, this drug makes anxiety come all the way down to a manageable level It takes about 2 months from my experience to work, iv been on 50mg for 5 months and I should increase my dose for the remaining anxiety but there's a reason I wont. The drugs sexual side effects are bad it lowers overall sex drive and makes it hard to climax very annoying.Thats the main reason I want to get off them as well as dislike of long term medication. For someone who is looking to try the drug but maybe apprehensive Dont be scared to try this medication dont live in anxiety hell"

akan July 8, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "Worked well in combination with xanax for 3 months then lost effectiveness"

crob272003 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 7, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder "Haven't felt so calm in a very long time. Taking zoloft for anxiety and depression from my ptsd. My racing thoughts and ruminating has slowed down, and I slept last night for the first time in 6 months with no sleeping pills . Actually feels weird to feel so good!!"

Dragonbornv (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 7, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "Setraline has worked great for me! I have been on it for 3 months and take it for anxiety, OCD, and depression. The first 2-3 weeks were very hard as I feel I got every side effect listed. Headaches, more anxiety, the works! This is the second medication I have tried. I took Lexapro for 3 months prior to Setraline, but it didn't help me much (actually caused more depression). It took about 3-4 weeks for me to fully see the benefits of this drug, however it causes bluntness to my good feelings and extreme fatigue. It is very hard for me to function like this as I am a mother of 3 and need that energy/motivation to get around and not just want to lay in bed all day. I would rate it 7 with my OCD, 9 for anxiety and depression."

TMata (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 5, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Social Anxiety Disorder "Before taking this medication I was experiencing sleepless nights. Sometimes this would happen for 3 nights in a row. There was no reason for me to feel anxiety or feel as if a panic attack was coming on. My panic and anxiety feelings were in my stomach& my throat. I felt like I could scream but I could never get it loud enough. I was also experiencing stomach ulcer symptoms. I had no clue what was wrong w/ me. At work I started to experience social anxiety. I would feel panicked, my face would get flushed & my neck and chest would break out in hives. One other extremely annoying symptom was getting up during the night to pee when I really didn't have to. My doctor prescribed 25 then 50 then 75 then 100mg of zoloft and I'm 100% better."

B100 July 3, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder "I recently started zoloft [literally 3 days ago] 50mg daily, and I already am feeling level headed, less anxious and just simply good. After months of feeling suicidal, paranoid, depressed, and hopeless around the time of my menstrual cycle , it's helping. I truly believe this is not a placebo affect- as I am horribly negative around my menstrual cycle, I physically and mentally feel a change [more focus towards tasks and not current worries and willing to get up and go!] The PA i see said I could either take zoloft 3 weeks out of the month or I could take it daily for the whole month. I chose daily dosing. I'm so glad I made the leap to actually talk to someone and get a diagnosis of PMDD"

Nicoleashley88 July 2, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "I am women 45 and suffer of general anxiety and panic attacs voor 25 jears. I took Zoloft already tree times in my life and it helped me every time. But every time I stopped my sympthomes turned back. I am taking Zoloft again voor 5 weeks and for the first time I have very bad side effects like naussea more panic bad sleeping...even after 5 weeks. I still hope it will help like other times but it is weard and I am worrying it will not work. I had some good days but genarally it is not going well at this moment. I also tried other AD in the past and nothing helped me like Zoloft. I was always at 50mg and it was enough. Maybe I have to take more or wait longer. I gave it 10 because of his working in the past. Anybody same experience?"

diana1971 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 24, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "I suffer from harm-ocd (violent impulsive thoughts), and im taking Zoloft for almost 2 years now. Im currently 23 years old. Here is my review.. It helped me much but it didnt eliminate OCD. Though, it reduced anxiety and the frequency my mind produces impulsive thoughts with. In the past, i had pains in the back side of my head and Zoloft made them go away. Nonetheless, I also had some side effects. If i take it late at night, it will cause me tension making it hard for me to sleep. Additionally, i feel like its much harder for me to climax during sex. I still can ofcourse, but i need to put the double effort."

NickAsim23 June 22, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder "I found out I have PTSD, Social Anxiety Disorder and general Anxiety Disorder. I was putting myself in a bubble and would curl up in a ball just to escape. I quit a job I loved because of the stress, I quit going to to the grocery store and other public places because the anxiety was too much. Ithe was effecting my relationships and I was in a bad place where I thought that was what life was about. After being diagnosed, I was given Zoloft. I looked at my phsycharist like he was crazy. Like this one pill a day would really have the effect of fixing me. I have taken it religiously, every day as prescribed. After 4 weeks I want to cry. I was missing so much, and haven't felt this good on years. I have my life back. Thank you zoloft"

Brookelookbook (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 19, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "I started this only 25mg been on it 23 days and have had episodes of anxiety sitting at home some days. But my bp goes up when I have an attack. Anyone else have this happen and when I'm relaxed my pulse rate is around 69-70 but when I'm not its around 99-115. Dr wants me to stay on it this dose another 30 days as I'm sensitive to meds I also take Valium for meiner's but it's never helped my anxiety."

Aj1970 June 17, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Social Anxiety Disorder "Started tzking sertraline 8 days ago 25mg for my anxiety. Well so far it has been hard i am experiencing all side effects increased anxiety, insomnia, nausea, complete loss of appetite, sweating. I am waking up at 5 every morning with anxiety and have to force myself to go to work. I also take 1/2 a xanax 2-3 times a day. I have 2 teenage kids and barely able to function ie cook dinner because i feel so nauseous. At times of increased anxiety i feel like i am losing my mind. Tonight is night 8 and i have been awake since 1am took 1/2 xanax and still cant sleep. Trying to stick it out but i am really struggling because i have to go to work to pay mortgage. Reading these pages gives me a bit of hope but dont know how long i can last."

Lozzabird (taken for less than 1 month) June 16, 2016

Lo┼║zabird June 16, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Social Anxiety Disorder "I've been taking Zoloft for over a year (100mg tablets) for my SAD and depression. before Zoloft I was engaged in self harm, overly complicated fear, panic attacks, depersonalization, no motivation, and missing school at least once a week from lack of motivation. Now that I've been on it, I've been less involved in those problems, though I wouldn't say it's 100% from the Zoloft, but rather just some life choices, though the Zoloft did still cater into those choices. I'm still depressed and have anxiety, but I have improved since I started taking it, and I thank it for helping me. I would say that my panic attacks and motivation have improved and I'm having less problems, I can finally say I'm even just a little happy with life again."

Lacteal17 (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 14, 2016