User Reviews for Zoloft (Page 9)

Learn more about Zoloft.

Depression 336 reviews 79 medications

7.3
Summary of Zoloft reviews 828 reviews 7.8

Reviews for Zoloft

For Social Anxiety Disorder "I have struggled with depression since I was a teenager and always assumed it would go away on its own. After someone close to me passed, I hit rock bottom. I was depressed, anxious, couldn't sleep, etc. Talked to my doctor and he prescribed this for my depression and anxiety. Besides making me apathetic I have been surprisingly happy. This pill is amazing, I have not been this genuinely happy in a long time."

Sydney91 July 12, 2015

For Depression "I'm ready to feel better, although I'm still skeptical. I have read good reviews so I hope that same outcome for me."

Lady D (taken for less than 1 month) July 9, 2015

For Depression "This was the first drug I was tried on for my depression BEFORE my OCD started (I'm 14). I have PTSD, so along comes depression, anxiety, etc. When the psyciatrist prescribed me this, he had only seen me for 45 minutes and that was his decision. The first time taking it, I wasn't feeling right. Week 1 was unbearable. I felt like I had the stomach and head flu combined. I also started having more suicidal thoughts so I called my doctor and they stopped me. Not an effective drug for me unfortunately, that is why I give Zoloft a 1."

BringOnTheRain (taken for less than 1 month) July 7, 2015

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "for a long time I've struggled with OCD, trichotillomania, depression, anxiety, and adhd. now I take vyvance for adhd but for the rest I take Zoloft and I take 150mg everyday. btw I'm a 15 year old female. it's really helped with the anxiety and depression and my trichotillomania has gotten better with the use of the drug lamictal at night which is a mood stabilizer(50mg)"

mentally ill?? (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 6, 2015

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "I began taking Zoloft four months ago after being diagnosed with OCD, which I have suffered with for probably 15 years. I started with a dosage of 25 mg and experienced quite a bit of nausea for the first few weeks. I also dealt with a spike in anxiety, which I combatted with Clonopin and relaxation techniques. My psychiatrist slowly increased the dosage to 150 mg over the past few months. During that time, with the addition of psychotherapy, I began to slowly recognize that my symptoms were decreasing. It has become much easier to recognize my intrusive thoughts as OCD, and to say "no" to the multitude of rituals that I engaged in on a daily basis. In fact, since I have reached 150 mg, my anxiety and other symptoms have almost disappeared."

Blair M June 29, 2015

For Depression "I developed depression a few months ago and felt that I had truly lost my mind. I was beyond sad, crying constantly, terrifying intrusive thoughts, lost all interest in hobbies, friends, I thought that was it for me. I didn't feel that I would ever be my normal self ever again. Zoloft has completely eliminated my depression. The first week was almost unbearable but I cannot stress how much better I began to feel after about 2weeks. It is a miracle drug, I truly cannot express how well it has worked for me."

Peachpeach June 24, 2015

164 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "I've always experienced social anxiety growing up. I thought this was normal but it became clear to me during college that I shouldn't be feeling so shy all the time. I was afraid to be myself. I was constantly going back and forth between anxiety and depression for years. I tried meditation, yoga, running, a different diet... But nothing seemed to be working good enough! Enough was enough! I researched zoloft for a few weeks and finally decided to try it out. WOAH! Other than the initial side effects such as decreased appetite and restlessness, this medication changed my life!!! I feel very comfortable talking to people in social settings.. I could finally be myself! The biggest thing is being patient--- it works!!!!! Good luck everyone!"

Kort (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 23, 2015

143 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "Not trusting the source (s) of reviews of this medication from 'company-friendly' sites, hope this one actually gets published. Zoloft was a nightmare, nine-day experience. Kept reading the 'keep taking it!' reviews and those were simply not true to me. Most everyone will eventually cycle back to feeling much better, especially if they have support. Zoloft will push you over the edge if you keep taking it. Had every side effect - bizarre urination flow, horrible gas, insomnia, etc. Would suggest people considering Zoloft to stick with something short-term and short-acting. Feel better and wean yourself off and don't let one quack doctor talk you out of that mindset."

vicvolare June 18, 2015

For Depression "The Dr. prescribed this med after I developed a tolerance to Prozac after 15 wonderful years. I started at 25 mg. They always say to give it a few weeks to see if it is working. After 2 months he increased the dosage to 50 mg. which still did not work. Then after an increase to 100 mg. for a few months, he finally believed it was not working for me. He started me on Effexor, which took another 6 months of gradually increasing dosage to actually kick in. Please do not give up. After over a year of living a nightmare and feeling suicidal every single day, I'm now back to normal, almost every day."

coyotewoman June 16, 2015

For Depression "Love this medication. I'm a 28 yo mother of two and have suffered from anxiety on and off for the past 9 years and have tried different meds through out the years and the only one that has ever worked for me was the generic Zoloft! Like... wow! This medication does its job so well that i feel "normal" not high or zombified! Side effects for me has been loss of appetite, difficulty reaching orgasm, clenched jaw, hot flashes, and rapid heart rate but was told these would subsidize. But i still give this medication a rating of 9 because the benefits for me outweigh the side effects far too well. Been taking it for a couple weeks and if it's working this great now i can't wait to see in a couple more weeks."

kris25 June 15, 2015

99 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Social Anxiety Disorder "I am 14 y/o, female and currently take 200mg of Zoloft. The first 3 months I was on Zoloft I felt so free, happy, able to approach people with ease and engage socially. (might have been placebo) This feeling wore off, and even when I tried going up on my dosage multiple times, it didn't change anything. Zoloft has given me so many health problems. As told by a doctor, Zoloft caused a decrease in my iron level, which gave me Anemia, which I have never had before. I struggled with weight loss on this medicine, which is hard since I already struggle with trying to gain weight. I'm still on this medicine, and this is my 5th month taking it, but I may have to go off on it for medical reasons, and I feel it doesn't do my anxiety any justice."

arynnaomi June 12, 2015

For Social Anxiety Disorder "I've struggled with anxiety & depression my entire life, & I was wary of starting sertraline(at age 20) but 50mg a day has changed me for the better. I'm happier, less anxious overall, I got a job, I can do all the things my anxiety wouldn't allow, like answering the phone, going shopping alone, making small talk with people. There have been some unpleasant side effects, alcohol puts me right to sleep now. I have no appetite (lost about 15lbs) and my sex drive is noticeably diminished. Whatever you do, do not stop cold turkey. 50mg is a very small dose but the withdrawals are hell. I ran out and couldn't get a refill for a week, I was cold sweating through my clothes 24/7, shaky, suicidal, dizzy, and my anxiety was worse than before"

Aliyah3 June 10, 2015

For Depression "Taking his medication has been one of the best decisions I've made in my life thus far. If you are suffering from depression & anxiety then just give it a go because well life is just too dam short!"

Aydin (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 9, 2015

92 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "I have suffered from OCD for over a decade and it has taken over my life. I've been on zoloft for three months and am seeing progress. It has helped mildly with the anxiety. I am finding that my life choices are changing. I am eating healthier, going outside more, taking up new hobbies, reconnecting with old friends, maintaining a healthier relationship with my family members, my anger has decreased significantly and I am not ruminating on repetitive thoughts quite as often. This medication is very helpful for getting on the road to recovery. I am using it in conjunction with meditation and mindfulness therapy. The only drawback is that it gives me diarrhea and short term memory loss. I have been using post it notes."

Leetlebat June 1, 2015

For Depression "I was crippled with anxiety, depression, and nagging intrusive thoughts. Zoloft has allowed me to live again. Please don't allow the stigma and misinformation out there about antidepressants prevent you from getting help and finding relief. Once your body adjusts to Zoloft (this can take upwards of 2-4 weeks), you will find relief and peace. I used a pill cutter to cut the prescribed dose (25 mg) in half and took the half dose for two weeks. Then I increased it to the prescribed dose. This is much easier on the body. Please consider doing this so you're not overcome and discouraged by some of the initial side effects. Good luck friends."

SilvaMine May 26, 2015

177 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "Been taking 25mg zoloft for 2 weeks. Due to non stop over thinking, paranoia and constant checking up on suspected cheating partner. This drug has enabled me to think clearly again and be able to end an unhappy relationship that I could not end before. I don't react or panic at the thought of being on my own anymore. Its great to feel balanced and even keeled with my thoughts. No real side effects, although I am more motivated at home and don't seem to have a huge appetite so lost some weight. I like this drug, its given me some sanity again however I am worried about the symptoms returning if I stop taking it."

jillyangus May 23, 2015

111 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Social Anxiety Disorder "I've recently started taking Zoloft 25mg for my anxiety and panic attacks. I've suffered from anxiety since 10 grade in high school and I am now 21. I've tried many other anxiety meds and they made it worse. I found Ativan helped me the most however my doctor doesn't want me to have it because it is addictive and she wants me on something every day. So, I've been on Zoloft for 4 days now. I know it takes 2-4 weeks or more for me to be able to feel the full effects. I am experiencing nausea, stomach pain, diarrhea, hot flashes, and being kind of out of it. I know these side effects will eventually go away but my worry is how long? I already suffer from other stomach/digestion issues and it makes it hard."

Wildflower1993 (taken for less than 1 month) May 22, 2015

For Depression "Absolutely changed my life. I am a 20 year old female who has struggled with depression and irritability since roughly 13. I tried meditation, I tried the "power of positive thinking", I tried listening to podcasts, I tried counseling. Nothing helped me until zoloft. I've been taking zoloft for 5 weeks. I had minor side affects for the first couple days (looser stool, headaches, stomach aches) but nothing I couldn't handle and they went away after 2-3 days as I got used to the medication. I'm currently taking 50 mg and don't plan on increasing. I feel overall happier. I'm not as irritable and things that I used to hate (going to work) are no longer even bad. I feel more myself, and like I'm not afraid to be outgoing. Highly recommended"

B.A May 22, 2015

126 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder "So glad I decided to try Zoloft after suffering with depression and anxiety after my husbands passing. I am calmer and feel somewhat happy. I'm on 50mg There's no need to suffer everyday. Life doesn't have to be so painful Do yourself a favor and try it. It might just take some of that pain away. It's definitely worth a try"

Mbfl (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 20, 2015

For Depression "This has been a life changer for me. I guess I never realized how depressed I actually was until I started on Zoloft. I'd been fighting it for years, forcing myself to get up and get by each day, but getting worse and worse (avoiding people, having problems talking, having horrible insomnia). Within a week of being on Zoloft I noticed a major difference. I actually feel optimistic about life for the first time in as long as I can remember. My relationships with my wife, family, friends, and coworkers have all improved dramatically. In short, I'm no longer depressed. I had some side effects over the first few days (restless legs, night sweats, a zonked out 'zombie' feeling) but they passed quickly."

HardLifeGuy (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 19, 2015

131 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "I just got back on it but use to take it for years and I was happiest when on Zoloft."

Tonton1965 (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 18, 2015

For Panic Disorder "I was prescribed Zoloft 50mg about a year ago after giving birth to my daughter very prematurely. I did notice that during the most difficult times, I was actually very calm and could make rational decisions. Why did I stop taking it? I have no idea. Recently, I've had horrible panic attacks that have landed me in the hospital, made me call out of work, and pretty much incapacitated me. I didn't want to go back on medication, but prayer, exercise, and talking just wasn't getting it. I finally went to my doctor and he put me back on Zoloft 50mg. Right now I'm just taking 50mg once a day, but next week I start taking them twice a day. I'm also on 0.5 mg Klonopin. Already, I have began to feel a little better. Hoping it continues."

JustWannaFeelBetter254 May 17, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "I have been treated for major depression all of my adult life. Over the years I have taken many different drugs for depression. Zoloft works best of all I have tried so far. It took about 2 weeks to really start feeling the difference so be patient."

painfulkaty (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 16, 2015

For Panic Disorder "I haven't been taking Zoloft for even a week yet but the experiences I've read on here give me hope. At 31 years old, I've never really had a problem with depression or anxiety bit one day it all hit me like a ton of bricks. I felt like my life was falling apart, even worse, like my relationship was falling apart. I still get horrible feelings of anxiety (most of the day, honestly) but I'm really hoping Zoloft will work for me. The only reason for the 8 rating (for now) is because of the initial side effects."

justmytwocents May 14, 2015

For Social Anxiety Disorder "I have been prescribed Zoloft (50mg daily) but have not started taking it yet. I am 62 years old and have been on various medications for depression and anxiety over the years starting with Prozac which I took on and off during my 40's. I have read many of the comments here and they are helpful but I would like to know how these meds affect older people like me. When I was in my 50's I tried Prozac again and it did not affect me the same.. could not take it. I am afraid to take anything. It seems that they all make me sleepy and tired. So, if anyone reads this that is in their late 50's and over, I would like to know how the Zoloft works for you. Thank you."

marthamydear (taken for less than 1 month) May 14, 2015