User Reviews for Zoloft (Page 9)

Learn more about Zoloft.

Depression 411 reviews 79 medications

7.2
Summary of Zoloft reviews 1052 reviews 7.7

Reviews for Zoloft

For Panic Disorder "I was put on Sertraline for panic attacks. The first few months were good. Only side effects were brain zaps and an overall strange feeling. First few weeks I had racing thoughts, high blood pressure, and feeling like iI had too much caffeine. It slowed down and my panic attacks got less. But, I did gain weight like another review mentioned. Not just a few pounds.... like 25. I was constantly craving carbs, and had a huge bloated feeling all of the time. I had to get off of this medicine unfortunately because of that."

Ang256 (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 28, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Social Anxiety Disorder "Good drug"

Mohammed Yousif September 27, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "I was put on Zoloft by my doctor for panic attacks about sleeping/falling asleep after she felt I was too dependent on Clonazepam. This definitely worked for anxiety, however I gained around 30+ pounds in a little over a year and a half. I was still exercising regularly and eating normally. It started slowly and then one day none of my pants fit me anymore. The last straw was when I went to the doctor for my yearly check up and was 200 pounds. I weaned myself off of it, and almost immediately I felt less bloated. It has been a little over a week and I'm suffering terrible dizziness and headaches. I'm determined to never be on this crap again."

sleeplessinMD (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 25, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Social Anxiety Disorder "Definitely helps my depression although I still get random bouts of it at times but no improvement whatsoever in my social anxiety. Can't do any of the things normal people do, talking to people, being in stores, etc. Also every time I increase it triggers me too feel more depressed and suicidal for at least a week then it leaves. It didn't help the anxiety part for me but I hope it works for someone else."

Anonymous188 September 23, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "This is about my woman who is on zoloft...... Two years with my woman we never needed any lube. Now I'm worried she is like a desert. Calmer now that her little zoloft friends in "her head" tell her to stay calm it's OK. I'll keep you up to date with her "progress" with her voices "

PuddlesDriedUp September 21, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "I started taking this medicine over a week ago... And let me say I feel WAY worse then I ever did. I started Zoloft 12.5g Bc I was feeling depressed and had anxiety well it's gotten worse I feel stuck... Heads foggy.... Worsing anxiety... Have no emotions... Panic attacks... Can't sleep.... Can't consintrate... Can't shower... Can't eat... Idk whether to stick it out or try a new medicine all I know so far this has been the worst thing ever!! I just want to go back to my old self:("

lainalaina99 (taken for less than 1 month) September 20, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "I'm on day 3 of zoloft I think I'm going to stop I feel angry more depressed no motivation to do anything, feel like I can't handle my kids. Super dizzy and over it like 10x more suicidal then I've ever been. Also kind of feel numb and like I can't think properly. Not a good feeling and I don't think its worth waiting it out..."

Mumof321 September 18, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "I just started taking a generic Zoloft a few days ago for my Border line personality disorder/ anxiety . The first day, I felt very sluggish, like a zombie. I feel sick, and I got plenty of sleep last night, however, I do not know how I'm going to be able to go to work today. I feel like I have no motivation, and it gives me such a bad sick feeling, that I can't stick through. I'm trying though, but if the sickness, sluggish, numbing of the mind thing doesn't go away, I'm going to discontinue taking this medicine. I feel like I can't think what so ever because Zoloft is numbing my mind."

Kayladawns September 18, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder "Take this with a grain of salt, only took it once, but that once was enough. Took it at night, few hours later became very restless and only got 3 hours of sleep that night. Next day, it was still there and came with fury. Muscle aches everywhere, body twitches, everything. Had to take 10mg hydro to take the pain away, but still felt it even with that. Never taking it again, that pain was unreal."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) September 17, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "Hi I have had severe depression anxiety and intrusive thoughts for over a year I was put on 50mg sertralin and felt great then increased to 100mg within days felt awful so now back down to 50mg has anyone else had this experience?"

Katyfin (taken for less than 1 month) September 16, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder "I have been suffering from pmdd for years. It has had a tremendous impact on my relationships. Every month around that time I just wanted to leave my marriage. I was irritable beyond understanding and felt like punching something if I got angry. I would cry at the drop of a hat. I just wanted to be alone. I tried exercise, diet and natural remedies but it was never enough. I felt like I had a ball of metal in my stomach. I would scream and yell and get upset if you looked at me the wrong way. It was horrible. On zoloft I feel calm and stable. I have had no side effects. It has been a saving grace. My kids and husband are amazed. Thumbs up for zoloft. It saved me."

the lynster September 14, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Postpartum Depression "I thought I was going crazy. I developed PPD at 3 months postpartum. My symptoms manifested in Anxiety. I had zero control over the fear and panic. I stopped eating, I threw up all day. I couldn't even hold my baby without feeling nausea. You hear so much about postpartum depression but women need to be aware of postpartum anxiety. It's very real. It took 4 trips to the ER for me to accept that I wasn't dying, that I just had PPD and I needed to give my Zoloft a chance. It saved my life! Zoloft is so wonderful. It gave my children their mother back. Zoloft will take your anxiety away. It will! My side effects were very little. But then they went away. Iv only been on Zoloft for 2 months now and I'm a better person then ever before."

SamBitto September 11, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "During a stint in the hospital, I took the generic for about a month with lithium, seroquel and lamictal. I also recieved Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation during that time. I was very hopeful about all of these treatments, but things got worse. I am normally a very verbal person who expresses herself by writing, making jokes, etc, but after a few weeks of these combined treatments I found it much more difficult to write, and I still do; 4 months later."

Lucy33 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 10, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "I have OCD & PTSD. Zoloft is the only medication I've been prescribed. I have been taking it for 3 months, but am overjoyed at the results. I started at 25 mg. It took a month to start working. The first thing that I noticed was that I didn't feel as depressed anymore, and I lost the urge to do most of my compulsions. I am now taking 50 mg and barely have any anxiety anymore, and intrusive thoughts do not bother me anymore, though I do frequently have nightmares similar to the intrusive thoughts I used to have. I also have headaches and occasional diarrhea, but the benefits far outweigh these minor inconveniences."

Ash Ketchum September 10, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "Never written a review in my life. Was often on these sites reading peoples experiences and hoping 1 day i would be me again. Im not me , im happier then i can remember . When your used to living with anxiety daily you dont realise how it actually feels to be "normal". Suffered panic attacks at night that came from absolutely nowhere, no warnings or triggers and gradually effected my day to day life. Started 50mg, first 2 weeks side effects were pretty harsh ; insomnia , increase anxiety , nausea. Was having second thoughts at 4 weeks as didnt see much improvement . Week 5 felt like a switch was turned on in my head. Give this drug 6-8 weeks minimum. it has been life changing for me"

Trend September 6, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "I told myself that if a miracle happened and this worked, that I would write a review. Let me start off by saying that this drug, literally, saved my LIFE. I've always battled anxiety and panic attacks, and was on a small dose of Paxil and that seemed to take the edge off. I took it on and off for years. After I had my second baby at 28, I got terrible postpartum depression. I had thoughts of suicide, racing thought constantly, couldn't nap and took forever to fall asleep at night. I literally spent three months just thinking and obsessing over how horrible I felt. I wanted to crawl out of my skin and die. I was barely showering, brushing my teeth and hair and would stay in the same sweatpants and shirt for days. I could go on forever by I'll get to the point. After three months of pure hell, I went to my doctor for help. I was prescribed 50 ML of Zoloft. After being on it for 4 weeks, I stopped taking it because it wasn't working. After going another 2 weeks feeling miserable, I went to my doctor again. She recommended we up the dose and stay on it for atleast 6 weeks. Well, after two weeks on 100 ML, I realized I was feeling better. I would go minutes without thinking negatively, then I would go hours, then full days. It feels SO good to feel like myself again. I truly thought I would be miserable forever. Please get help and try something if you are feeling terrible. Everyone is curable with the right drug and right dose. I wish I got help sooner. TRY THIS! It will work! If for some reason it doesn't, try something else! GET HELP NOW! I was doing the same thing you are - googling all types of antidepressants convinced there was no cure and they would never work. Stop spending your life wondering when you will be yourself again. You WILL get better and be 100% your old self again with an antidepressant!"

Dani F. September 6, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "I've been on the generic sertraline 50mg for about two weeks , and I feel So much better . I was very depressed , irritable , had insomnia and felt like a total failure at life . I had a little diarrhea at first, but then I also have IBSD so I wasn't surprised . After a few days that stopped . I feel like my Old self again , like a weight has been lifted from my shoulders . I'm even singing again , I haven't done that in about a year . I was in denial for a long time , I told myself I could handle the depression -I was wrong . This is the first anti-depressant I've been on and I am very pleased with how much it has helped me."

Lou23 September 5, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "I think this medication really could have worked for me, but I just not get through the headache side effect."

Sophway September 4, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "I have been on 50mg of Zoloft for a little over 3 weeks now. For the first week I noticed no change then gradually I was feeling better. It has given me more energy and i feel I have a more positive attitude. I was overeating a lot due to stress and depression that has completely subsided. Since I started taking it I have lost 19 pounds. That has also really helped with my depression. I am scared of my body getting used to it and go back to my regular habits. As for now I am happy."

Shannicky (taken for less than 1 month) September 4, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "I was started on Zoloft two weeks ago. I went to my PCP because I could not handle my anxiety anymore. I am a single parent and work two full time jobs. Life is just a little much for me. She decided to start me on 25 mg of Zoloft. I took it for 5 days. Every night I tossed and turned. I could not sleep. My appetite was poor. Which was a good thing, because I had some weight to lose. But on my fifth day, I came home and had a panic attack in front of my three year old son. I have never had one in my 26 years of life. It was the scariest thing ever. I called my PCP and she never called me back. The Xanax did not help. So the next day I went to the ER and they gave me Ativan and told me not to take the Zoloft, that I had an adverse reaction."

Courtb1 (taken for less than 1 month) September 1, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "Took 25mg and thought I was going to die. Worst medicine ever. I have never been so sick in my life. Was not even able to take care of my child for two days bc I was so sick. All from one half of a pill. Beware of this medicine. I had problems breathing."

Anonymous September 1, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Social Anxiety Disorder "The drug worked in the sense that it completely numbed me, at least mentally. It also numbs you a bit from the waist down if you are on a high enough dosage - you will have little to no libido. I felt like a zombie and have never experienced this much apathy in my life. I was only on 50mg and started to feel this way after 2-3 weeks. I continued on until 7 weeks to give my doctor the benefit of the doubt. I have never cared less about everything in my entire life - relationships, work, physical activity - I had no motivation for any of these any more. I would come home from work and just sleep until the next day due to lack of motivation. Extremely scary, would not touch it again."

John S. (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 1, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "Very positive experience w Zoloft. Literally has saved my life. I started on 50mg, not very helpful. Maintained dose at 100mg for several years, but finally got courage to take 150mg, and it's been so helpful. I still get acute stress rxns once in a while (less than 1x/month) but my symptoms overall are vastly improved."

swnyc (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 31, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder "I really feel better since taking Zoloft I lost my daughter to cancer in 2007 and it really helps my anxiety about her passing."

Jansjag August 30, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "Everyone is different how they react to meds . But omg this medicine is the worst for me I tried it over a year ago lasted three days because I just got so sick . Well then I months later I said I'll try it again maybe I just got the flue or soemthing at the same time of taking it the first time well I last 5 days on the lowest dose and again sick as hell this medicine made me feel like so much worse like I was in a panic attack 24/7 . Headache , stomach issues , feeling out of my body , I just don't get it how they say you need go threw the side affects to get better like there's no way they can expect you to stick with something that's making you 20 times worse like sure I little unpleasant but this is over board how it made me feel .:("

Jjbegood (taken for less than 1 month) August 29, 2016