User Reviews for Zoloft (Page 13)

Learn more about Zoloft.

Major Depressive Disorder 54 reviews 46 medications

7.1
Summary of Zoloft reviews 976 reviews 7.7

Reviews for Zoloft

For Panic Disorder "I am diabetic and one day my sugar got kinda low..I started sweating and was nervous and shaky. I ended up going to the hospital in an ambulance...Every since that one time of being anxious, I can't seem to feel normal.I've been to the hospital several times..They do all kinds of tests and everything is normal..One Dr gave me Lorazepam, for fast help. I saw my Dr and she prescribed Zoloft 50 milligrams. I've been taking it for 5 days now. Still waiting for it to work.They say it takes 30 days to work. I've read some stories on here, that it works right away. But everyone is different. I hope it starts working soon, because I can't keep missing work..I feel weak and I sometimes feel hot from the inside of my body. I'll rate it later."

meemaa (taken for less than 1 month) November 5, 2015

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Social Anxiety Disorder "This medicine was definitely not for me. The first two nights I got horrible migraines, and I had more trouble falling and staying asleep. Then I had difficulty urinating (I know it isn't a listed side effect, but once I got off it the problem stopped) I wouldn't be able to use the bathroom even when I had to go for ten to twelve hours, it was very strange. Will not take again."

kebbway (taken for less than 1 month) November 3, 2015

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Panic Disorder "It took about 10 weeks but then all of a sudden. Bam. I feel great. Initial side effects were turture"

Rayray01 November 1, 2015

39 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "I worry all day every day non stop but when I take Zoloft it calms my mind and I am also less angry...It gives me such a piece of mind from my overwhelming thoughts everyday."

CoolkidClassic November 1, 2015

91 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Major Depressive Disorder "I was on Prozac for a month & I got super bad nauseas feelings & sick all the time. I got off & my doctor put me on Zoloft & I feel so much happier. I feel happier, but not fixed. I guess it's a work in progress"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 31, 2015

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Social Anxiety Disorder "I've been on Zoloft for a week now. The first 5 days the side effects were horrible. Dizziness, stomach problems, sweating, weak muscles. Then on the sixth day, I remember the change. All day at school I was still experiencing the side effects and then I was in the car with my mom and I just felt a lot happier. From then on, I've felt SO HAPPY! When I talk to people, my mind is clearer and it's easier to socialize! I've been socially anxious my whole life, I LOVE ZOLOFT SO MUCH OMG THIS IS GONNA CHANGE MY LIFE! It's also boosting my confidence. :))))))"

Shanice99 October 31, 2015

101 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Major Depressive Disorder "I was started on 25mg Zoloft about 3 1/2 weeks ago for long term anxiety and depression, and it has made a huge positive impact on my life already. For the first two weeks my side effects included decreased appetite, hands shaking, head fogginess, insomnia, headaches, nausea, dizziness, and clenching/grinding my teeth when I slept. Except for the decreased appetite (which I am happy about), all of the side effects are gone and it was well worth waiting them out, I promise. I did have to play around with the time I took it and found that morning works the best for me. Not having those crippling feelings of anxiety and not being so miserable all the time - I should have done this a long time ago. I'm finally getting my life back."

KateKateKate (taken for less than 1 month) October 28, 2015

36 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder "I was on this for 2.5 weeks. I was on a 50mg dosage and I don't know if it was too much for my body (I weigh under 110) but the severity of my panic and anxiety worsened. At first it made have insomnia and then after a week it was the complete opposite - uncontrollably falling asleep immediately about 30 minutes after taking the dose and it became incredibly hard to wake up in the morning. It would feel like lifting 400 lbs to make my legs move in the morning and I would still feel tired after 14 hours of sleep. My fearful thoughts became worse and completely clouded my head, and I had this overwhelming feeling of impending doom resulting in panic attacks. Also loss of appetite from a combination of the extreme dry/cracked mouth and nausea."

This wasn't for me... (taken for less than 1 month) October 25, 2015

20 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "I started having panic attacks when I was 20. The docs put me on zoloft and it helped me tremendously. Not only that, I stopped being the shy person that I had been prior to that. However I stopped taking it after a year because I figured I had been cured. I spent years after that without any anxiety until I had a severe bout of OCD at the age of 27 which was threatening to really destroy my life. I resisted taking medication for 2 years which was such a stupid idea. I don't know why I chose to suffer even though I knew zoloft would help me again. Anyhow, I went back on zoloft and poof! problem solved. But then I quit again and now after many years that I tried going back on it its not working as much. I wish I had stayed on it :("

jimwest1980 October 19, 2015

41 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "Zoloft did NOTHING for me....would not recommend it."

Shay810 October 17, 2015

27 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Panic Disorder "I have just been prescribed zoloft, The reviews I have read have been very encouraging. I will let you know after 30 days how the medicine has helped me. Thanks, for all of your experiences with zoloft."

beentherepink October 15, 2015

21 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "I've been on Zoloft for 3 months now. Initially, I suffered from side effects such as shivering, loss of appetite, drowsiness, and insomnia. These symptoms lasted for about three days. I was scared at first and planned on trying another medication for anxiety. However, I called my cousin who is a nurse and she told me to try cutting the pill in half. I took my cousins advice and cut the pill in half, taking only 25mg a day which works really well for me.I'm 5'4, 130lbs. I no longer suffer from anxiety, after taking Zoloft that I realized that I was suffering from depression. Zoloft alleviates my anxiety and has greatly helped with my depression, I now feel more happy and motivated to do things right away without procrastinating. Life changer!"

Hope-4ull (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 14, 2015

101 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Major Depressive Disorder "I have been taking 50mg of Zoloft for a month now. At first I was nauseous everyday and wanted to stop so bad. I stayed with it and I can really feel a difference. I seem to be able to think more clearly and just in a better mood altogether. I have suffered from major depressive and extreme anxiety disorder since about the age of 13. I'm almost 32 now and for once I actually feel good. This speaks in volumes for those that know me. I'm not sure if I will need to increase the dosage ever but for now the 50mg seems to be the magic happy pill I've been looking for my whole life. Also I may be one of the few but it seems to have increased my sex drive. Weird huh!"

Nicoola October 11, 2015

40 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Panic Disorder "My Dr. started me on 50mg then slowly went up to 100 then 150 and now 200 mg within 3 months. I had anxiety for about 15 years and didn't realize I was that bad. My general practioner had me on Ativan and I have been on that for a good 10 years. I thought that was the end all/be all because it took away the panic for the time being - instant fix. I'm 42 years old, like to excerise, working mom with a full life and I hated having panic attacks at the mall, small spaces, etc. I really thought I would always be that way and just had to deal with it but honestly the Zoloft saved me. It makes you so positive and you don't focus on the stuff that would bring on anxiety. I wished I would've had this long before now. Give it time.. it WILL work"

Lamb72 October 9, 2015

80 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Postpartum Depression "Zoloft saved my life after having post natal Anxiety after the birth of each of my children. I had severe anxiety, panic attacks and insomnia which led to depression. I was fearful about being alone.I was hospitalised for 8-12 weeks each time. Anxiety and depression is heightened when you first start this medication so Don't give up on it Give it a chance to work It took at least 8-10 weeks to start feeling like my self again then 12 weeks for symptoms to disappear. Don't be afraid to take a sedative at the start to ease the bumpy side effects. Stick it out. It will be worth it in the long run. I frantically googled reviews on here just like you so wanted to write my story to encourage another mum experiencing similar symptom"

Christina-G October 9, 2015

54 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Panic Disorder "Growing up I always exhibited symptoms of OCD, however, my mother didn't believe that medication was the best route at a young age. I respected her decision throughout adolescence and tried to cope with my OCD on my own, using different vitamins such as b complex, etc. I met the love of my life last year and everything was wonderful until my relationship OCD kicked in with a vengeance. It almost ruined my relationship and my life, but I decided to seek professional help. My psychiatrist started me on Zoloft in June and I cannot express how much my life has changed because of it. I am a kinder person, and I can focus on the people and things I love, instead of constantly worrying about my health, relationship, etc. I highly recommend it!"

Elise.12 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 6, 2015

65 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Social Anxiety Disorder "I've struggled with social anxiety for almost 20 years and have tried Paxil, Celexa, counseling and therapy, with little to no results. I've been on Zoloft for over 2 months now and it's changed my life!! It's a miracle drug-- I've been lucky to have no side effects. If only I would've had this 20 years ago. I usually blush easily and had a hard time talking to people but not with this! I feel like I can finally be myself."

333Anonymous333 October 3, 2015

78 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "This medication worked great for the situational issue I had been in but the withdrawl side effects that you're not told about were not worth it. I tried tapering off of it very SLOWLY 5 or 6 times and failed every time because the withdraw side effects were that terrible. I eventually got off of 100mg and it took about 2-3 months. I used a nail file to taper my doses with an astronomically high amount of B12 and Omega fish oils. I recommend seeing an Iridologist before going to a doctor for meds."

Ashx September 29, 2015

31 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Panic Disorder "I promised myself I'd come back to this site and share my experience since it has helped me so much. About four months ago I had my first panic attack, a week after a very serious surgery, my doctor suggested it was from the anesthesia. Went two weeks without another one, then boom, full blown panic disorder. I thought I was losing my mind, I had to drop out of school and take off work. Went to see a psych who gave me Zoloft, started on 25mg (2weeks) then 50mg where I'm at now. I've been at the full dose for 2 months now and I finally feel "that switch" that people talk about go off. The side effects? HORRIBLE. If I didn't need to stick with it I wouldn't have. Headaches, insomnia, palpitations, excessive yawning. They go away."

Britt_any September 29, 2015

65 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Postpartum Depression "I started taking zoloft the other day. I only took 2 days worth and at first I just felt out of it and I heard that was common but then I started having even worse panic attacks and trouble sleeping. In the middle of the night the second night I starting having mild hallucinations. Things were moving and just looking weird and I had to wakeup my fianc"

Midnightbeauty (taken for less than 1 month) September 28, 2015

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Major Depressive Disorder "I've been on 200mg Zoloft daily for the last 6 years and finally have a manageable, stable life, a positive attitude, I'm creative, no depression at all...My craving for alcohol disappeared after 20 years of drinking...I'm a whole new man, thank you! My mother is happy to have her son back..."

Glenn 49 years old September 28, 2015

40 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "Worst experience I've ever had on any medication. My doctor started me on a small dose. Within 30 minutes of taking it, I felt a buzzing in my head and a fuzzy, numb feeling. Then, about an hour later, the really bad side effects kicked in. My heart started racing and feeling like it was going to explode. I started hearing voices. I felt so bad I almost called 911 -- I couldn't even stand up or lay down -- just laid propped up on the couch for about 24 hours until the effects started wearing off. It was the scariest experience I've ever had and made me afraid to take any other anti-depressant."

F.J.W. September 27, 2015

50 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder "I suffer from PTSD and Panic Disorder. I have given Zoloft a good 3 months. I started at 25mg and worked up to 150mg. Although it did seem like it took the edge off my suffering temporarily, my body seemed to be fighting the medication the whole time. At 50mg I suffered panic attacks that were much more severe than the ones I had prior to the medication. I found some tranquility at 100mg for a week, then my PCP put me at 150mg to see if things improved. They did not improve. I experienced increased agitation, tremors, shaking like my body was in fear, yet I was not, sweating, then hot flashes. My blood pressure skyrocketed. My PCP referred me to a psychiatrist who put me back at 100mg. Symptoms subsided, but after a week it became clear my body was rejecting the medication altogether. Yesterday I was on Zoloft, having hot flashes, sweating, severe panic attacks, racing heartbeat, and high blood pressure. Today, I am on 10mg of Lexapro and my blood pressure is fantastic. I have not had a panic attack all day. Sure, it's only been a day and my body may react differently after taking it for awhile, but it has been a welcome change from the Zoloft. I wished I had asked for a change sooner, but I have never been on antidepressants before."

Not as crazy as the meds make (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 26, 2015

25 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Panic Disorder "I can feel the change I can do so much without getting anxious"

whackadoddle September 25, 2015

24 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Social Anxiety Disorder "The best anti depressant I have tried. Have also used citalopram, fluoxetine and mirtazapine but this is the best! Least side affects, feeling happy and normal again and still have energy! Love it."

Cazcatson (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 24, 2015