User Reviews for Zoloft (Page 13)

Learn more about Zoloft.

Major Depressive Disorder 57 reviews 46 medications

7.1
Summary of Zoloft reviews 1008 reviews 7.7

Reviews for Zoloft

For Depression "I've been suffering with depression coupled with anxiety for over 10 years. Its been hell ruining every aspect of my life (loss of relationships, my business etc.) After seeing so many psychiatrists I had lost hope and was getting very close to ending my life so tried to get help one more time. For the first time I met a young Doctor who listened. He prescribed me Zoloft 50mg. The change = I left my house within 2 weeks (major agoraphobia for 8 months) started talking to people, going out again with friends, preparing to launch my business again and I feel happy. Not manic, HAPPY and measured. I'm praying that I stay this way. There is hope out there. Don't give up guys. :)"

George1972 December 18, 2015

153 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Social Anxiety Disorder "I've been on this medication for a year and it seriously changed my life. I suffered from the worst anxiety attacks ever. I went to emergency room twice thinking I was having a pulmonary embolism. After taking this medication for 3 months I had never experienced anxiety. The only down fall is a few side effects such as, dry mouth, crazy dreams every night and my metabolism has slowed down. These side effects are worth it over the horrible feeling of not being able to function because I had such bad anxiety. Taking 50mg at bed time. Definitely recommend."

123kels22 December 17, 2015

30 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Major Depressive Disorder "Took Zoloft for Major Depression and Anxiety. Started at 25mg and went up to 75mg over time. Didn't have any full on panic attacks after starting the drug and noticed a lessening of my depression, however I had AWFUL insomnia even when taking it in the morning, and it didn't help my general/social anxiety as much as I hoped. The sleeplessness ended up making me more anxious overall and was not worth the benefits."

JennyS92 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 17, 2015

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Panic Disorder "I am a 30 year old female that has had Panic Disorder with Agoraphobia, Emetophobia, and Social Phobia for the last 20 years. I have been on several medications (Seroquel, Depakote, Celexa, Wellbutrin, Paxil, Effexor, Topamax, and now Zoloft) throughout the years combined with therapy to help with these issues. I started Zoloft July 2015 and had terrible nausea from it. It was the most intense burning sensation in my stomach, even after taking it with food. I was on it for 3 months, ranging from 12.5mg to 50mg. Nausea didn't go away and didn't help any of my disorders. I am now on Lexapro and have great results. I wouldn't recommend Zoloft."

Ashley2994 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 16, 2015

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Panic Disorder "I was diagnosed with generalized anxiety disorder. I'm 33 years old and have a son. I would panic everytime he wasn't with me. I would think of the craziest "what ifs" that could happen. I got to the point I couldn't even drive on the highway because I might get into an accident. I was prescribed zoloft at 25mg for six weeks...I felt nauseous for a couple days but was fine. Then I was put up to 50mg for another six weeks. I was really tired and my anxiety spiked but I stuck it out. Now I'm on 100mg. Have been for 2 weeks. Not a single anxiety attack. I feel less tired but still get sleepy through out the day. My son can be at school, out swimming or doing other kid things and my mind doesn't head straight to horrible what if thoughts. Yay!!"

Dani3264 December 10, 2015

45 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Major Depressive Disorder "Never again I had weight gain, no sleep, blurred vision, diarrhea. I was on aropax for 12 years , things only got worse on Zoloft 20mg day."

nosmiles December 8, 2015

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Panic Disorder "I've been prescribed 200 mg of zoloft daily and I think thats excessively too much - any opinions? I'm also on 2mg xanax 4 times a daily for panic attacks which works well. I was on Ativan 2mg 3 of them for night terrors which worked well but they took them off me and gave me 200 mg of zoloft! I was always told 100 mg was a max on zoloft but the nurse practitioner seems to know more than my doc cause he was out and she was filling in! So next month I'm getting my ativan back and going back to 100 mg of zoloft."

steamroller4u2 December 7, 2015

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Panic Disorder "I had a huge phobia when it came to taking pills and refused ssris altogether for at least 15 years. My panic disorder was so out of control. I finally made some changes in my life and started on zoloft. I was so afraid I started on literally 6.25 mg and next week 12 next week 25. I stopped at 75mg for a long while. It changes my life completely. I wish I'd done this so many years ago. I think of all of the time I wasted and its so sad. I'm up to 150mg now, my only fear is that it's effectiveness is wearing off. In almost at max dose. I'm going to talk to my psychiatrist and hope we can figure out what to do. I know that I feel alive more than I had for years. I suggest no matter how scared you are, try an SSRI. It can change your life."

anxious annie (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 7, 2015

51 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Social Anxiety Disorder "I had extreme issues with anxiety and depression. I'm really happy I chose to start taking zoloft because it helped almost immediately"

Madilins December 6, 2015

31 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Social Anxiety Disorder "Zoloft is WONDERFUL. I have been on every other drug in the antideppresant class in ver 25 years. Paxil as fairly good for anxiety but as a male I was unable to even pretend to orgasm. As long as I stay at 50 mg with 150 mg wellbutrin I am able to orgasm. At 100 mg sexual sde effects kick in but not to the extent of Paxil. IT TAKES TIME TO WORK. I would say 6 weeks to 2 months for full effect but then nirvana."

Happy man at last December 5, 2015

34 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Social Anxiety Disorder "Hi I am 43 suffering from extreme social phobia that prevent me from all kinds of activities and work too...most symptoms are blushing, shaky voice, sweating, and general depressive feeling. Doctor started me today my first treatment ever of 25mg zoloft first week than 50mg up to a 100mg in 1 month.i just took my first pills and crossed my fingers..I just like to thank you all that made me feel so much better knowing I am not alone out there."

chamchoum (taken for less than 1 month) December 5, 2015

59 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "been on Zoloft 3-4 months. The usual side effects. Worst insomnia when I upped the dose from 50 to 100mg, which lasted about 2-3 weeks . Insomnia returned when I upped to 150mg, but not as bad. I am at 150mg. I take it at 5-6am now, which knocks me out and I sleep additional 1-2 hours, in a very relaxed state. I kind of use it as a morning sleeping pill. If I take zoloft at 10pm, it has opposite effect and I can't sleep. Depression is mostly gone, generalized anxiety is completely gone, social anxiety is reduced significantly. It took 2 month for the anxiety to go away. For public speech I still use 40mg propranolol 1 hour before the event, and the results are overall great."

jorge j (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 4, 2015

48 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "My psychiatrist started me on 25 mg for a month and then upped my dose to 50 mg for my anxiety. I have to say that I'm doing great. The only side effects I had was diarrhea which only lasted for a couple of days. Now the only thing I have is tingling feeling in my legs but other than that Zoloft is a life saver. Going on two months with this medication."

Jazzy1975 December 3, 2015

46 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Panic Disorder "I was prescribed 50mg of sertraline due to panic attacks and general anxiety. The first 2-3 weeks were almost unbearable (increased anxiety, insomnia and nausea) but slowly but surely after about a month I started to feel like I could finally relax. I would not recommend coming off this medication instantly-I tried it and I had horrible withdrawal symptoms so now I'm on 25mg every other day and it's worked out great for me! Stick through the bad times because it's so worth it!"

Alfiechip (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 30, 2015

42 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "taken Sertraline (Zoloft) for 25 years 100mg/day - 15 years ago decided to wean off which I did slowly for three month. The 2 months I was totally off before could be seen by psychiatrist were absolutely miserable. Took longer to get back to feeling good the second time. It is inexpensive and covered by small deductible with insurance. One significant negative: because of the initial very "high" I got from it for about two weeks, my psychiatrist put me on 1mg Lorazepam (Ativan) as a sleeping aid - unfortunately Ativan dependency common and I have bad dreams and sleepless nights without it! - Ativan highly regulated drug but fortunately also cheap/covered by insurance - so Zoloft plus Ativan excellent combo for me for rest of my life - feel great!"

MHR November 29, 2015

37 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "I just started Zoloft 2 weeks ago and have noticed an immense change in how I've been feeling. I used to be very sad and anxious about my relationship that ended badly, and I would binge eat lots of bread and bagels. Since taking it, I've had this new outlook on life.... I've been content with everything. A simple inner peace. I used to be obsessive about my weight (combined with the binge eating, it was a messy combination.) but since then I've been able to eat balanced and not even weigh myself (used to weigh myself compulsively) I've had greater self confidence and wake up every morning excited for my day. I no longer have the crazy anxieties I used to about getting crazy life threatening illnesses. zoloft has been incredible for me."

Zoloftlover (taken for less than 1 month) November 28, 2015

78 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "I been on sertraline hcl 25 mg for a long time and it helped me through the car accident that mom and I was in. I was still taking sertraline when my grandma died and it helped me get through the toughest time of my life. Sertraline makes me a brand new person out of me. sertraline is the best."

SANDY BRABSON November 28, 2015

40 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Social Anxiety Disorder "I've been on Zoloft 50 mg once a day for social anxiety disorder/generalized anxiety disorder and it has worked great. After trying several other medications, I'm happy that I've found the one for me. It took about two weeks for the effects to become noticeable, and fortunately I have not had any negative side effects. I've noticed quite a few changes thanks to Zoloft. For example, I used to hate making phone calls for work and would always feel serious anxiety, now I can do it with no problem. I also find it easier to speak in front of people, and in general my thoughts seem more organized and calmer. I would recommend Zoloft to someone trying an SSRI for the first time, as it is the only one that hasn't caused me a negative reaction."

frances123 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 24, 2015

61 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder "I had a car accident 2013 Nov ..,concossion, ptsd , etc . and finally the best treatment is zolof ☺I feel better, ,,no panic attacks anymore and nausea almost gone, ,and frustration almost gone"

nani123 November 23, 2015

28 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Social Anxiety Disorder "I don't have enough experience to give a proper rating but I have suffered with social anxiety disorder my whole life and was put on these pills 2 years ago, I only took them for 2 months though. They made me have trouble sleeping and they messed up my libido which for me was the worst part but about 4-6 weeks in, I was at college and some people sat at my desk in the common room (this is something that would usually cause a panic attack) and I didn't even care, absolutely no anxiety but when I stopped taking them it came back so now I'm gonna see if doc will put me back on them"

djmotion November 22, 2015

26 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "Everyone's Experience with a drug will be different. In my case, being a 6ft, 170 pound male with depression on 50mg of zoloft , I had a good experience. It wont be the same for everyone but you have to hang in there until you find the right medication. I tried lexapro previously 10mg and it was too intense for me. Zoloft is a little bit softer and less intense (for me anyway) . The first two weeks sucked , I had increased anxiety and it was hard to sleep but it was worth it. I was going through withdrawal syndrome from lexapro (i stopped taking it) and the zoloft cured me in about 3 days. it has helped my depression alot, and a little bit of my anxiety. I want to stay on 50mg as long as possible and i am hoping this will last. I"

Zoloft Fan (taken for less than 1 month) November 21, 2015

49 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Panic Disorder "I've dealt with anxiety for the past 7 years, but about 2 months ago it got really bad. I started having at least one panic attack a day and it was really scary. I'm not a depressed person, but the anxiety was making me feel that way because I didn't know if I would go back to "normal" - I finally decided to see the doctor and tried Zoloft. I didn't have any side effects, just mild anxiety that got better day to day. A couple of high anxiety days in between, but all in all... I was getting back to myself. Here I am, a couple of months later and COMPLETELY back to normal! I feel so happy and thankful that I decided to try medicine."

RachRiv November 20, 2015

59 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "I was put on sertraline six years ago after my previous SSRI, Luvox, became ineffective. I have found it effective at controlling my depression and anxiety, but there have been some major drawbacks. Primarily, I find myself unable to achieve orgasm during intercourse. Also, earlier this summer, I tried reducing my dosage from 150 mg to 100 mg - and I got a taste of SSRI withdrawal syndrome, which really, really, really sucks - a veritable hell on earth. I am currently looking into changing to a better tolerated drug."

Rigoletto (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 17, 2015

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder "I am not actually a soldier (see user name) but due to childhood trauma (diagnosed with PTSD as a result) I have felt like I am always fighting a war just to get through the day. I had fight or flight response to stimuli that are just normal everyday mild stressors for most people and have had so much trouble making relationships work because of self doubt, guilt, feelings of unworthiness, etc. I have been on zoloft for 3 months now, at first 25mg and then starting 4 weeks ago 50mg. My life has changed profoundly. I can be in love without being overwhelmed by self doubt. My depression and anxiety have lessened tremendously. For me, zoloft is a miracle."

unknownsoldier November 16, 2015

68 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Social Anxiety Disorder "This medicine does help with inhibitions when talking to people. But I find that I'm not fully satisfied with this medicine. I still have bad anticipatory anxiety to social situations. To the point where I can't relax before a social event."

Shanie244 (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 14, 2015