User Reviews for Zoloft (Page 13)

Learn more about Zoloft.

Major Depressive Disorder 59 reviews 46 medications

7.1
Summary of Zoloft reviews 1034 reviews 7.7

Reviews for Zoloft

For Panic Disorder "So far Zoloft has proven to be very helpful. I gave it the rating I did because it's only been two weeks on it. I have had 2 panic attacks today but so far so good. The Zoloft did keep them from going full blown. It's like I just all of a sudden began to calm down. I still feel a little anxious but I definitely have energy now. I started out on 25mg and then increased to 50mg the following week. I do have excessive yawning and some fatigue but overall this medicine is awesome. The doctors decided to try me on this because one day I just woke up and began to have panic attacks and they continually got worse. I was on Celexa 20mg which didn't help at all with anxiety. The reviews on this page definitely gives me hope to continue using this."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) February 15, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "I've been suffering from manic depression and anxiety since I was a teenager. I came to my breaking point last month and finally sought professional help. I'm now on day 3 with taking Zoloft 25mg twice daily and I've noticed some difference already and it's for the better. I'm not really experiencing the side effects everyone is talking about and I'm sleeping just fine. I was a little sleepy the first day and body was a little sore but nothing like everyone is describing. I know its only been day 3 so its not really in my system. So I'll check in in a few weeks. Wish me luck"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) February 14, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "I'm on day 11 of taking Zoloft 25mg. Thus far, I hate this drug. Put on it for anxiety and panic attacks. Doc wouldn't prescribe Xanax as I have an addictive personality so wanted to avoid benzos altogether. I've experienced all the side effects of this drug within the first three days. Headaches, dizziness, diarrhea and anxiety seems worse than before I was put on this. I keep reading that it takes four to six weeks for the drug to take effect and that it gets worse before it gets better. Is this true? I'm supposed to try to stay on it a full month and go from there. I'm 41 and female. And thus far, hate this drug."

AnotherZoloftUser February 12, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "I've been on zoloft for since October 29th so about 3 months and I'm not as suicidal but the depression hasn't really gone away (I'm on 50mgs so maybe it's just talking longer to set in"

bearBae February 6, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Social Anxiety Disorder "Hi Everyone, I've recently been offered a very good job in the insurance industry training bank staff on insurance products and doing presentations to different people EVERY DAY. I am an insurance specialist but have never had to present to strangers let alone present to a new bank with new people every day. I'm in day 3 of my new role, first day went shaky, but okay. Second day went alot better, but this morning my social anxiety got the better of me and I choked in my presentation this morning. My words came out wrong, I started shaking and sweating. I had to get up for a glass of water. I couldn't continue and I felt embarrassed in from of a crowd of people listening to "the expert". I blamed it on my asthma. What do I do???"

Insurance Man2 February 3, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "This medication has saved my life, I feel so relaxed on zoloft. Works extremely well for anxiety, panic disorders. Makes me drowsy but otherwise its great, I would recommend this."

ShawnaL977 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 2, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "My depression began slowly at first, then all at once I couldn't bear myself anymore. I am a sophomore in college (female). In the evenings and going on into the night, my mood dropped so fast and I would get so sad over nothing. After talking to a counsellor, and making the tough choice to medicate, she put me on a starting dose of 50 MG Zoloft. After taking the first pill, I was doing some research and had myself so freaked out that night that the side effects would be awful. I was so worried I would have to skip work or class. I have been on the medication a few weeks now and I had zero problems! I could not be more impressed. My moods are already stabilizing and I feel so much better already! Good luck to anyone starting!!"

collegekid (taken for less than 1 month) February 2, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "I was diagnosed with depression about 6 months ago and started with a very low dose of prozac. About 3 months later I was institutionalized and switched to Zoloft. Most of the people there for depression were on it and it worked for them. However, it does not work for me at all. I've been on 100 mg for about 2 months and I feel jittery when I sit for too long or when I'm trying to sleep, I get really grouchy and rude (which is unusual for me) , and things that only bothered me before make me really depressed."

Kendalld January 29, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "For the past 9 months I have had a mixed major depressive/anxiety episode. I have started therapy from the beginning of the episode which helped me cope for a while but it was going nowhere.Finally went to see a psychiatrist last week and was put on 50mg Zoloft. Don't know if it's placebo or not but I'm already starting to feel better. My anxiety level has gone down and I'm feeling more clear minded , level headed and hopeful. The first days 4 were hell because it was making me nauseated , bloated and extremely tired and restless at the same time.On day 7 now , and I'm feeling great."

DAT20 January 28, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder "Wow is all I can say. I didn't realize just how bad I really was until I started taking Zoloft. I lived in a world fighting panic every day....so angry and depressed. I didn't even know who I was anymore. I've been taking 50 mg daily for 2 weeks and am a completely different person. The side effects were minimal and manageable the first week and now are gone. Thank you Zoloft!!!!!"

Jennifer O January 25, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "This Zoloft really help me in my time of struggle when I was diagnosed with cancer.Zoloft became my best friend."

Semone (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 24, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Social Anxiety Disorder "I have been on Zoloft (Lustral/ Sertraline) UK) on and off for 20 years. I trust it. I have never written about it online or discussed it much with anybody other than medical professionals. I am writing this for those that are in the first 6 weeks of treatment. I take 50-150mg, usually the maintenance dose of 50mg is enough. Sometimes I will take it up to 75mg and rarely up to 100mg. On 50mg, no side effects at all after 8 weeks of treatment. 75mg and upward causes problems in the man department for me. I change dose at /- 25mg at a time. I would never dream of going straight to 50mg, but that's just me. Weeks 3-6 you to just have to grin and bear it. You will not feel like that forever, it goes away and you will feel well. I promise."

GeorgeJungle7053 January 23, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "I was put on Zoloft a few years ago when I became very depressed (I also have anxiety and have had it pretty much my whole life which made it worse) and I've been on it ever since. I feel much better now about myself and my perspectives on things however I don't know if it was from the drug, time or therapy especially because I was finally feeling more in control of myself and my thoughts last year. So if it was Zoloft then it took a while for it to kick in for me I guess ? My doctor did say that in some patients it does nothing and in others it does so who knows ! However whether It's working for me or not I feel good right now and it's not having any long term side affects on me so I can stay on as long as I want "

Graceelizabeeth (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 23, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "I've been on zoloft for about a year, at 25mg. But I've recently developed panic disorder can't seem to handle the side effects of going up. I believe I'm not even at the optimal dose yet. My doc perscribed me effexor XR and I'm on day one of taking that and I feel completely emotionless. I'm going back go zoloft tomorrow because initially it worked for depression and anxiety. Everyone is different, but I've tried citalopram, etsicitalopram, and now effexor and they all make me feel numb and like a zombie. Zoloft all the way. My doc won't prescribe me benzos and I feel that zoloft will be great with xanax! Going back to the doctors next week to tell them to shove the effexor and I'm staying in zoloft."

Kfry (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 23, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "This medication has given me my life back. For months I walked around in a haze, had trouble focusing, getting out (and staying out) of bed, and would sleep for 18 hours. My social life suffered, my grades suffered, I would cry all the time, had trouble communicating, or wanting to be literally anywhere but in bed. I started on 50mg for a little over a month and while things slightly improved, it wasn't enough. I should also mention the side effects in the first week were terrible - brain fog, sleepiness, just general haziness... terrible. Overall, I was still depressed just... less. My doctor and I agreed to increase the dose to 75mg and this is an amazing medication. I can get out of bed, I can cook/shower/do laundry again, and I have done more school work in the past two weeks than I have for months. I can socialize and talk again, I don%u2019t cry as easily, I wake up and don%u2019t dread the day ahead. I feel human again, this is amazing. Only side effect I%u2019ve noticed is I%u2019ll occasionally have a dry mouth but it%u2019s very minor. Highly recommend!"

uni student (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 22, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "I love Zoloft. I struggled with severe panic arrays associated with driving and social interactions also I had mild depression. What I will say is find the right dosage for you and don't be afraid to talk about increasing the dosage if it's not working after a few months. I did lose my appetite for a while initially. Also, do not abruptly stop taking it that spiraled me into a severe depression."

Ce Tee (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 22, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "I am working on a cross wean from lexapro to zoloft after lex pooped out after ten years. Up to 50 mg now and 5 mg of lex and feeling so so so much better. No more panic attacks, no more waiting in bed until my klonopin kicks in, sleeping better, depression drastically decreased and feel I have a purpose in life again. Mild GI distress, but I'd take that forever over where I was. Wish I had had the guts to do this sooner."

Stargirl82 January 10, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "I was prescribe Zoloft for anxiety attacks I have prior to leaving me house. I was prescribed 100mg but was to break in half for 10 days. Told to take at bed time. When I woke up I could tell something was different and as I began to move around it got worse. I literally thought I was loosing my mind and going crazy. I don't know how else to explain it. I freaked out and became paranoid and thought this was the end. I finally was able to get my wife up and she suddenly knew something was wrong. . Finally ambulance made it and EMS said appears I'm having and adverse reactions to the meds and took me. Doctor gave me Adivan."

Rbh (taken for less than 1 month) January 7, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "My doctor started me on Zoloft for longstanding low-level depression that was increasing due to menopause, and for possible migraine prevention. It did nothing for the migraines, but it has definitely improved my mood. I started on a 50 mg dose and the doctor had me increase it to 100 mg after a few weeks. Still no migraine relief, but I the holidays didn't depress me as they always have since my father passed away. I did notice trouble sleeping, but taking it in the morning instead of at night helps with that. Also a slight weight gain. I might try going back to 50 mg if the doctor okays it. It seemed to be enough, and I don't want to over-medicate."

WillametteBearcat (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 5, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "I promised myself I would share my experience after I gave it at least 5 months and especially if Zoloft worked. I was so afraid to take it for reasons I read such as bad side effects. Well, I suggest to start low.. I started out at 12.5mg, half of the 25mg and I did have side effects for 5 days, nausea, no appetite and night sweats. After 5 days that part was over. I noticed around 3 months that my panic attacks and anxiety was almost gone. I have 2 young kids and I spent so much time worrying, scared of passing out behind the wheel or grocery stores.. I am feeling a lot better now, just living my life and enjoying my kids. I'm grateful for Zoloft, it really does help."

Angie2016 January 5, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "I was terrified to try Zoloft! I read all the reviews and kept putting it off. Afraid I would suffer and afraid to give it a try. I was taking klonopin and my doctor cut it off. Told me to start taking Zoloft. I went through weeks of hell while I was debating on starting. I could barely drive I was struggling with sadness and moods all over the place and I finally decided I couldn't live like this anymore. I tried Zoloft starting at 25 mg for the first week - the only side affect I had was mild nausea and tiredness at first - after three days it was hardly noticeable. The fear I had to start trying zoloft kept me from feeling as good as I do now - I'm so grateful I tried it and hope anyone scared to will just do it. I'm glad I did"

Happy I Tried January 5, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "Works great for me with anxiety and stress. I'm at 100mg daily. I have been taken it for about 6 months. Also helps with anger issues."

Scorpionjew (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 4, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "I've never taken antidepressants before (I'm 19). Back in November I started Zoloft at 25 mg for one week. I felt good, my energy was high. But after about 5 of those days, I got bad headaches. Then I started my 50 mg dose. I was even more depressed. I stayed in bed all day. I had panic episodes more frequently. I barely ate, I lost close to 10 pounds which really scared me. I couldn't take care of myself. I thought I was losing myself. Then I was told to go back to 25 mg. I felt better, less of a lump, but I was still having depressed feelings. I got off zoloft back in December. Consult your doctor before completely cutting off! I hope my Dr. will prescribe me something else..."

RhiRipley (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 2, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "On Zolft 25 mg / day and my anxiety attacks have stopped. I haven't woken up depressed (used to wake up depressed and stay in bed) or had suicidal thoughts (had suicidal thoughts almost daily.) It's like this medicine has filled in the blanks for me. I don't feel high or euphoric or excited or anything other than what I think normal must feel like. It's quite a change from what I was used to, nonstop anxiety, depression and I was always thinking about suicide but all that has stopped and is a thing of the past. I can't even believe I was feeling like that. I now know that something was wrong with my brain and this medicine has fixed it for me. I am so happy to wake up not feeling sad."

Chocolatechipcookiesandmilk! (taken for less than 1 month) December 31, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Social Anxiety Disorder "I am a classic text book case of Social Anxiety Disorder. I have suffered my whole life with out seeking help and knowing that I could be helped. That is until it all spiraled to the point of disrupting my career. I had no purpose and hope in life. I just live. I have been on Zoloft 50mg for 12 days and for now my anxiety has worsened but holding out hope I would get better. I live in Africa and have an opportunity to work as a volunteer abroad and before that in two weeks time I will be travelling to the US for training. This is my first international trip and I am feeling anxious like hell. I have the knowledge, skill and experience i am just worried my SA will let me down. pray to me"

rough December 23, 2015