User Reviews for Zoloft (Page 13)

Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder

7.1

Major Depressive Disorder

Summary of Zoloft reviews 7.4 1,106 reviews

Reviews for Zoloft

For Postpartum Depression "I suffered from severe postpartum depression, anxiety, and OCD. More so horrifying intrusive thoughts that consumed my life, I literally wanted to give up. I was too scared to try a medication. I suffered from the time my baby was 6 months old to 18 months old. Finally I decided that Zoloft was my last hope. I started off at a low dose of 25mg and gradually increased it to 50, and finally 100mg. I can say I feel amazing. I don't ruminate on my obsessive thoughts anymore. Yes sometimes the thoughts still come into my head, but I am able to notice them as being an anxious thought and I don't spend hours days or months obsessing on them. They literally come in and go out, and I can function! I love zoloft! It saved my life!"

Mia02116 July 16, 2016

For Panic Disorder "Went to a therapist who suggested Xanax and the doctor refused to do that and gave me Zoloft so I gave it a shot. First week was hell, was falling asleep sitting up which I had never done before. I was tired, sick feeling, and dizzy among other side effects. Once these subsided my panic attacks stopped, however I was sleeping 20 hours at a time, waking up then four hours later going back to sleep another 20 hours. I did notice I became better in social situations yet I lost interest in things I enjoyed doing and left the house even less than before. I have been diagnosed with GAD, panic disorder, agoraphobia, social anxiety, major depression, dermatillomania, and trichtotillomania. Not worth the negatives to fix only a few of these."

Peekasaurus (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 11, 2016

For Panic Disorder "I was on Zoloft for Depression, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, and Panic Disorder. Initially, Zoloft helped me a lot and I didn't have any kind of panic attacks, a constant sense of mild anxiety, or depression all that bad. However, after about a year of being on it it started to make me feel like a complete zombie. I had zero motivation for anything which reflected in my grades and I'm normally an obsessive overachiever in school.. I just kind of let myself go. I wasn't depressed but I wasn't happy, it just put me in this fog-like feeling. The withdraw for me felt like I might as well have been coming off heroin. I couldn't eat or sleep, I had cold sweats, nausea/vomiting, and I had anxiety like never before. It was truly a nightmare."

Anonymous July 9, 2016

For Panic Disorder "I had anxiety and panic attacks for about 3 years, I finally said enough was enough when I promised after another panic attack im going straight to the doctor and I did. And im glad I did, this drug makes anxiety come all the way down to a manageable level It takes about 2 months from my experience to work, iv been on 50mg for 5 months and I should increase my dose for the remaining anxiety but there's a reason I wont. The drugs sexual side effects are bad it lowers overall sex drive and makes it hard to climax very annoying.Thats the main reason I want to get off them as well as dislike of long term medication. For someone who is looking to try the drug but maybe apprehensive Dont be scared to try this medication dont live in anxiety hell"

akan July 8, 2016

For Depression "Worked well in combination with xanax for 3 months then lost effectiveness"

crob272003 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 7, 2016

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder "Haven't felt so calm in a very long time. Taking zoloft for anxiety and depression from my ptsd. My racing thoughts and ruminating has slowed down, and I slept last night for the first time in 6 months with no sleeping pills . Actually feels weird to feel so good!!"

Dragonbornv (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 7, 2016

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "Setraline has worked great for me! I have been on it for 3 months and take it for anxiety, OCD, and depression. The first 2-3 weeks were very hard as I feel I got every side effect listed. Headaches, more anxiety, the works! This is the second medication I have tried. I took Lexapro for 3 months prior to Setraline, but it didn't help me much (actually caused more depression). It took about 3-4 weeks for me to fully see the benefits of this drug, however it causes bluntness to my good feelings and extreme fatigue. It is very hard for me to function like this as I am a mother of 3 and need that energy/motivation to get around and not just want to lay in bed all day. I would rate it 7 with my OCD, 9 for anxiety and depression."

TMata (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 5, 2016

For Social Anxiety Disorder "Before taking this medication I was experiencing sleepless nights. Sometimes this would happen for 3 nights in a row. There was no reason for me to feel anxiety or feel as if a panic attack was coming on. My panic and anxiety feelings were in my stomach& my throat. I felt like I could scream but I could never get it loud enough. I was also experiencing stomach ulcer symptoms. I had no clue what was wrong w/ me. At work I started to experience social anxiety. I would feel panicked, my face would get flushed & my neck and chest would break out in hives. One other extremely annoying symptom was getting up during the night to pee when I really didn't have to. My doctor prescribed 25 then 50 then 75 then 100mg of zoloft and I'm 100% better."

B100 July 3, 2016

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder "I recently started zoloft [literally 3 days ago] 50mg daily, and I already am feeling level headed, less anxious and just simply good. After months of feeling suicidal, paranoid, depressed, and hopeless around the time of my menstrual cycle , it's helping. I truly believe this is not a placebo affect- as I am horribly negative around my menstrual cycle, I physically and mentally feel a change [more focus towards tasks and not current worries and willing to get up and go!] The PA i see said I could either take zoloft 3 weeks out of the month or I could take it daily for the whole month. I chose daily dosing. I'm so glad I made the leap to actually talk to someone and get a diagnosis of PMDD"

Nicoleashley88 July 2, 2016

For Panic Disorder "I am women 45 and suffer of general anxiety and panic attacs voor 25 jears. I took Zoloft already tree times in my life and it helped me every time. But every time I stopped my sympthomes turned back. I am taking Zoloft again voor 5 weeks and for the first time I have very bad side effects like naussea more panic bad sleeping...even after 5 weeks. I still hope it will help like other times but it is weard and I am worrying it will not work. I had some good days but genarally it is not going well at this moment. I also tried other AD in the past and nothing helped me like Zoloft. I was always at 50mg and it was enough. Maybe I have to take more or wait longer. I gave it 10 because of his working in the past. Anybody same experience?"

diana1971 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 24, 2016

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "I suffer from harm-ocd (violent impulsive thoughts), and im taking Zoloft for almost 2 years now. Im currently 23 years old. Here is my review.. It helped me much but it didnt eliminate OCD. Though, it reduced anxiety and the frequency my mind produces impulsive thoughts with. In the past, i had pains in the back side of my head and Zoloft made them go away. Nonetheless, I also had some side effects. If i take it late at night, it will cause me tension making it hard for me to sleep. Additionally, i feel like its much harder for me to climax during sex. I still can ofcourse, but i need to put the double effort."

NickAsim23 June 22, 2016

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder "I found out I have PTSD, Social Anxiety Disorder and general Anxiety Disorder. I was putting myself in a bubble and would curl up in a ball just to escape. I quit a job I loved because of the stress, I quit going to to the grocery store and other public places because the anxiety was too much. Ithe was effecting my relationships and I was in a bad place where I thought that was what life was about. After being diagnosed, I was given Zoloft. I looked at my phsycharist like he was crazy. Like this one pill a day would really have the effect of fixing me. I have taken it religiously, every day as prescribed. After 4 weeks I want to cry. I was missing so much, and haven't felt this good on years. I have my life back. Thank you zoloft"

Brookelookbook (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 19, 2016

For Panic Disorder "I started this only 25mg been on it 23 days and have had episodes of anxiety sitting at home some days. But my bp goes up when I have an attack. Anyone else have this happen and when I'm relaxed my pulse rate is around 69-70 but when I'm not its around 99-115. Dr wants me to stay on it this dose another 30 days as I'm sensitive to meds I also take Valium for meiner's but it's never helped my anxiety."

Aj1970 June 17, 2016

For Social Anxiety Disorder "Started tzking sertraline 8 days ago 25mg for my anxiety. Well so far it has been hard i am experiencing all side effects increased anxiety, insomnia, nausea, complete loss of appetite, sweating. I am waking up at 5 every morning with anxiety and have to force myself to go to work. I also take 1/2 a xanax 2-3 times a day. I have 2 teenage kids and barely able to function ie cook dinner because i feel so nauseous. At times of increased anxiety i feel like i am losing my mind. Tonight is night 8 and i have been awake since 1am took 1/2 xanax and still cant sleep. Trying to stick it out but i am really struggling because i have to go to work to pay mortgage. Reading these pages gives me a bit of hope but dont know how long i can last."

Lozzabird (taken for less than 1 month) June 16, 2016

Lo┼║zabird June 16, 2016

For Social Anxiety Disorder "I've been taking Zoloft for over a year (100mg tablets) for my SAD and depression. before Zoloft I was engaged in self harm, overly complicated fear, panic attacks, depersonalization, no motivation, and missing school at least once a week from lack of motivation. Now that I've been on it, I've been less involved in those problems, though I wouldn't say it's 100% from the Zoloft, but rather just some life choices, though the Zoloft did still cater into those choices. I'm still depressed and have anxiety, but I have improved since I started taking it, and I thank it for helping me. I would say that my panic attacks and motivation have improved and I'm having less problems, I can finally say I'm even just a little happy with life again."

Lacteal17 (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 14, 2016

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "First month, bad side effects. Felt worsening anxiety, and felt like a zombie. After about 4 weeks the magic happened. My obsessions became minimal, and my depression/pmdd improved imensely. Sideeffects include some weight gain like 15 lbs, and loss of sex drive. However I was on 50 mg, and the improvement in my mental state was worth it. I could only take this drug at night, in the morning it would make me dizzy. I was in this for 4years, it does improve obsessive worrying and depression."

nellie 4 June 4, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder "I was apprehensive about trying Zoloft, but I wanted to share my experience. I started taking Zoloft 2 weeks ago primarily for major depression. When I'm less depressed I also suffer from social anxiety disorder. I took 25mg for the first 4 days, then upped to 50mg. First few days on 25mg I had moments of feeling very spaced out. When I increased the dose to 50mg, I had a few days of nausea, diarrhoea and again felt quite spaced out, but after 4 or so days this stopped. I also experienced a few waves of anxiety, but this has since disappeared. 2 weeks in, and I'm feeling better. Not all the way there, but I feel more stable. Less hopeless, more in control. Calmer. I'm starting to feel like myself again."

kalopsia June 3, 2016

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "This drug has side effects but benefits is much more. If you suffering from depression and anxiety try it."

batman007t (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 29, 2016

For Panic Disorder "I had 2 miscarriages within six months of each other. After the 2nd, my anxiety was non-stop. I started having panic attacks. I tried paxil and Celexa which helped a little, but didn't take the anxiety away. I finally started zoloft a few months ago and at first I was zombie-like, and could barely stay awake, but my Dr encouraged me to give it 4 weeks. I did, and I am really happy that I toughed it out. I haven't been this calm since before my miscarriages. I am finally feeling relaxed and relief. The only negative effect I am having is teeth grinding/clenching but I had that on the other drugs as well. I am no longer exhausted, I feel normal again."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 23, 2016

For Social Anxiety Disorder "I am taking Zoloft for social anxiety, depression, OCD (27yo F). I have to start out by saying I had TERRIBLE side effects for the 1.5months (nausea, dizziness, migraines, panic attack) to the point where I almost stopped taking the tablet. I persisted and 7 months on Zoloft has completely changed my life. I have had depression and OCD for years and anxiety had started to take over my life. After the initial symptoms subsided, I feel like a better, confident and much happier version of former myself. Like many others it's hard to explain what I mean. It's the best thing I've ever done! Please try to persist!"

finners (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 22, 2016

For Depression "My 20 year old daughter was in a stump of being unmotivated , unhappy and very negative . She had always been very focused , happy and loved life. I recommended she go to her family physician and see about taking a low dose of anti depressant . 3 months later my daughter is back to herself . Zoloft has really helped her and she is a joy to be around again . She has claimed the only side effect is she had trouble sleeping the first 4 weeks when on Zoloft but now she's sleeping again ."

Maddcs May 21, 2016

For Depression "I am in my early 50s. The "docs" gave me this med initially for "stress". I was referred to a "psychiatrist" right after & I complied. The "Psychiatrist" announced I had "full blown clinic depression" even though all I felt was stress. I took the medication as prescribed (25mg), & had to endure 1 week of agony, but figured it was part of "the drug". I had muscle twitches, sweating, hot/cold sensation was thrown off, Blood pressure would shoot up & drop low, NO SLEEP at all for 1 week, before the "medication" took hold. Getting off the crap was just as bad if not worse. As a result of this med, I have become well acquainted with the local Sheriffs Dept, who showed up twice to "Baker Act" me For the side-affect - suicidal thoughts."

PammiePi2 May 19, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder "Started at 25 for about two weeks, then went to 50. Each dosage change brought back a few symptoms, but all are gone in a few days. Zoloft helped me a lot, I had never taken an anti depressant before so I was nervous. My intrusive thoughts are gone one month later!! Don't read to much into this page, it caused me to have anxiety/panic attacks. My biggest problem was swallowing, but that was due to anxiety, I didn't want to take the anxiety Meds on top of zoloft, so I just waited the attacks out, last max two hours. Just know to gradually increase your dosage and to check in with prescribing person when you have concerns. Side effects: nausea, fatigue, loose stools, blurry vision in morning, breast felt numb (gone now), dry mouth (gum!!)."

Elsaaaa (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 18, 2016

For Panic Disorder "I suffered panic attacks for 12 years from 1989 to 2001, almost every night. I switched doctors and he put me on Zoloft. I have been on it ever since, up to 150mg per day, and have suffered no side effects. It has been a life saver."

relenta3 (taken for 10 years or more) May 18, 2016