User Reviews for Zoloft (Page 12)

Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder

Major Depressive Disorder
6.9

Summary of Zoloft reviews 7.4 1,111 reviews

Reviews for Zoloft

For Depression "I told myself that if a miracle happened and this worked, that I would write a review. Let me start off by saying that this drug, literally, saved my LIFE. I've always battled anxiety and panic attacks, and was on a small dose of Paxil and that seemed to take the edge off. I took it on and off for years. After I had my second baby at 28, I got terrible postpartum depression. I had thoughts of suicide, racing thought constantly, couldn't nap and took forever to fall asleep at night. I literally spent three months just thinking and obsessing over how horrible I felt. I wanted to crawl out of my skin and die. I was barely showering, brushing my teeth and hair and would stay in the same sweatpants and shirt for days. I could go on forever by I'll get to the point. After three months of pure hell, I went to my doctor for help. I was prescribed 50 ML of Zoloft. After being on it for 4 weeks, I stopped taking it because it wasn't working. After going another 2 weeks feeling miserable, I went to my doctor again. She recommended we up the dose and stay on it for atleast 6 weeks. Well, after two weeks on 100 ML, I realized I was feeling better. I would go minutes without thinking negatively, then I would go hours, then full days. It feels SO good to feel like myself again. I truly thought I would be miserable forever. Please get help and try something if you are feeling terrible. Everyone is curable with the right drug and right dose. I wish I got help sooner. TRY THIS! It will work! If for some reason it doesn't, try something else! GET HELP NOW! I was doing the same thing you are - googling all types of antidepressants convinced there was no cure and they would never work. Stop spending your life wondering when you will be yourself again. You WILL get better and be 100% your old self again with an antidepressant!"

Dani F. September 6, 2016

For Depression "I've been on the generic sertraline 50mg for about two weeks , and I feel So much better . I was very depressed , irritable , had insomnia and felt like a total failure at life . I had a little diarrhea at first, but then I also have IBSD so I wasn't surprised . After a few days that stopped . I feel like my Old self again , like a weight has been lifted from my shoulders . I'm even singing again , I haven't done that in about a year . I was in denial for a long time , I told myself I could handle the depression -I was wrong . This is the first anti-depressant I've been on and I am very pleased with how much it has helped me."

Lou23 September 5, 2016

For Depression "I think this medication really could have worked for me, but I just not get through the headache side effect."

Sophway September 4, 2016

For Depression "I have been on 50mg of Zoloft for a little over 3 weeks now. For the first week I noticed no change then gradually I was feeling better. It has given me more energy and i feel I have a more positive attitude. I was overeating a lot due to stress and depression that has completely subsided. Since I started taking it I have lost 19 pounds. That has also really helped with my depression. I am scared of my body getting used to it and go back to my regular habits. As for now I am happy."

Shannicky (taken for less than 1 month) September 4, 2016

For Panic Disorder "I was started on Zoloft two weeks ago. I went to my PCP because I could not handle my anxiety anymore. I am a single parent and work two full time jobs. Life is just a little much for me. She decided to start me on 25 mg of Zoloft. I took it for 5 days. Every night I tossed and turned. I could not sleep. My appetite was poor. Which was a good thing, because I had some weight to lose. But on my fifth day, I came home and had a panic attack in front of my three year old son. I have never had one in my 26 years of life. It was the scariest thing ever. I called my PCP and she never called me back. The Xanax did not help. So the next day I went to the ER and they gave me Ativan and told me not to take the Zoloft, that I had an adverse reaction."

Courtb1 (taken for less than 1 month) September 1, 2016

For Depression "Took 25mg and thought I was going to die. Worst medicine ever. I have never been so sick in my life. Was not even able to take care of my child for two days bc I was so sick. All from one half of a pill. Beware of this medicine. I had problems breathing."

Anonymous September 1, 2016

For Social Anxiety Disorder "The drug worked in the sense that it completely numbed me, at least mentally. It also numbs you a bit from the waist down if you are on a high enough dosage - you will have little to no libido. I felt like a zombie and have never experienced this much apathy in my life. I was only on 50mg and started to feel this way after 2-3 weeks. I continued on until 7 weeks to give my doctor the benefit of the doubt. I have never cared less about everything in my entire life - relationships, work, physical activity - I had no motivation for any of these any more. I would come home from work and just sleep until the next day due to lack of motivation. Extremely scary, would not touch it again."

John S. (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 1, 2016

For Depression "Very positive experience w Zoloft. Literally has saved my life. I started on 50mg, not very helpful. Maintained dose at 100mg for several years, but finally got courage to take 150mg, and it's been so helpful. I still get acute stress rxns once in a while (less than 1x/month) but my symptoms overall are vastly improved."

swnyc (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 31, 2016

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder "I really feel better since taking Zoloft I lost my daughter to cancer in 2007 and it really helps my anxiety about her passing."

Jansjag August 30, 2016

For Panic Disorder "Everyone is different how they react to meds . But omg this medicine is the worst for me I tried it over a year ago lasted three days because I just got so sick . Well then I months later I said I'll try it again maybe I just got the flue or soemthing at the same time of taking it the first time well I last 5 days on the lowest dose and again sick as hell this medicine made me feel like so much worse like I was in a panic attack 24/7 . Headache , stomach issues , feeling out of my body , I just don't get it how they say you need go threw the side affects to get better like there's no way they can expect you to stick with something that's making you 20 times worse like sure I little unpleasant but this is over board how it made me feel .:("

Jjbegood (taken for less than 1 month) August 29, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder "I had a horrible experience with Zoloft. I started on a low-dose liquid form and at first it seemed to be really lifting my mood, reducing my anxiety, and boosting my self esteem. But I soon began experiencing extreme irratibility and episodes of destructive rage aimed at my belongings or myself. I loved the benefits, but the side effects were ruining my life and relationships, so I discontinued. In addition to rage, I also experienced severe prolonged pms (3 weeks duration), constant breast pain and swelling, unrestorative sleep, and awful vivid lifelike nightmares. In terms of reducing depression and anxiety, I'd give it a 9, but the side effects didn't enable me to continue taking it."

Jennifer1201 August 28, 2016

For Panic Disorder "Have experienced anxiety my whole life along with occasional panic attacks that come and go. I was so excited to try Zoloft after reading all these positive reviews but I only ended up taking one pill and I won't be taking another! It's different for everyone, but for me, I took 25mg at 5pm and the next morning I was nauseous, was pissing out my butthole and couldn't eat for another 12 hours. I woke up again this morning still feeling very sick with diarrhea. I would rather have the stomach flu than ever experience that again. I'm going on the second day without taking it and I'm still not fully recovered from being that sick. I gave it a 3 because other than that, I felt no other side effects except a little tingly the first hour or so."

Bekah202122 August 28, 2016

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "30/F. I developed severe anxiety due to obsessive "bang your head against a wall to make it stop" intrusive thoughts at age 7. I "grew out" of it as I got older, but it hit back in full swing at 18. After years of walking around with a constant stomachache and having obsessive thought-induced panic attacks (all while living a "normal" life) I finally went to see a doctor. I started out at 50mg and later bumped up to 100. First few days felt like I had mild morning sickness and brain fog, but faded quickly. The only real lasting symptom is restless legs/sleeplessness at night, and I'd rather be awake and restless than awake and hysterical. I do think about/initiate sex less, but have found that (for me) getting started anyway does the trick."

kyriej (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 26, 2016

For Postpartum Depression "It took a few weeks, but I feel so much better. I felt like I was stuck on the bottom of a seesaw and couldn't balance out my mood. I couldn't handle my rage over the smallest things. I would wake up and couldn't shut off my brain. Now I'm sleeping better, I wake up in a normal mood and no longer "sweat the small stuff." In addition, I am getting along much better with my family and friends. Let's just say I am better to be around. Don't worry about the side effects. I stayed away from Zoloft for a long time because I had anxiety about the side effects. Guess what? No side effects! Just a better life."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 25, 2016

For Depression "I had to start off at a very low dose, 12.5mg. Starting at anything higher made me feel like I was having a heart attack. Gradually increasing by just 12.5 mg for dose increases were much kinder. My mind is becoming more clear and focused, my thoughts dont seem so cluttered, and I have a little room for improvement so far. I target between 75-100 mg for feeling my best. Typical warned side effects (GI upset) is as expected but with each small increase, resolves. Sticking with it! :)"

focusedandhappier August 25, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder "It made me zombie like, felt l nothing at all! That is not a good thing!"

saschbacher August 24, 2016

For Social Anxiety Disorder "Been suffering with anxiety since Jan this year, tried natural products,CBT also citalopram. Citalopram made me worse, sick, crying just feeling awful. Doctor suggested Sertraline to which I was very nervous to try, started 25mg for one week then increased to 50mg, no side effects at all. Day 18 on 50mg feel more myself, feeling better daily. My advice don't read any negative reviews only the positive, give them a go. Def working for me."

Croatia August 23, 2016

For Depression "Hi all, I've just commenced Zoloft for moderate depression. My Psychologist said that it will assist me to get more out of our sessions and will greatly improve my mood. I'm on 50mg. Last night was the first night I took Zoloft and my god I was so sick during the night and even this morning. I've taken today off work as I was still unwell at 11am. I'm going to hang in there. Thanks for your honesty and sharing your positive/negative experiences."

dons1980 (taken for less than 1 month) August 23, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder "I have been taking Zoloft for 20 years. I started on 50mg a day and remember the very overwhelming feeling of "normality" within a month. I was at one stage, 12 - 15 years ago on 400 mg per day. Since then I have been on 300 mg per day. It is the only SSRI that seems to work for me. Of late Zoloft has been difficult to obtain and I have tried several generic brands. For me , contrary to the statement that they do exactly the same thing, they don't work as well as Zoloft. In fact some are quite detrimental. I have MDD, OCD, ODD and minor agoraphobia. Zoloft has saved my life."

El Jay. (taken for 10 years or more) August 23, 2016

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder "Have previously used progesterone tablets which worked fairly well however I had a break and then my gp told me to use these instead. Horrid 3 days! I could deal with the nausea and low mood as I was prepared for it, but I lost my orgasm on just 25mg and 3 tablets. Not for me!"

Sanderlair August 16, 2016

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder "I was prescribed this med last spring (over a year ago), I am professionally diagnosed with PTSD, OCD, depression, ovary issues and severe anxiety attacks.. these were diagnosed PRIOR to being on Zoloft. It helps me feel less in need of doing things NOW with my OCD "rituals", my ovary issues are getting better, it does also help with social anxiety for me. I'd like to say and point out, I heard of a lawsuit going on with Pfizer on this med and I'm very upset on that. First off, if your going to become pregnant, ANY doctor should tell you not to be on anything except for prenatal vitamins. It's the doctors getting the money for prescribing the meds, don't let that fool you. If you are nursing, pregnant or want to have a baby, do without!"

Lady Jerrico (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 16, 2016

For Social Anxiety Disorder "I am back again. I always revert back to zoloft. Beside Paxil and Buspar, those are the only REAL meds with anti anxiety properties to them that are NOT benzo and addictive. The other anti depress can work but I really need it for anxiety 100% not depression. I had reported that I got headaches and body aches due to jaw clenching and grinding teeth and scrunching up my body at night but I will take that over the other side effects from other meds. If i stay at 100 mg and not go up to 150 mg then sex is not affected. Never gain weight from this med. I will give it a try again and deal with headaches! This one truly does work for SAD, GADS, anxiety etc... Oh its way cheaper than the other newer ones I was trying."

ecjames71 (taken for less than 1 month) August 15, 2016

For Depression "This medicine is terrible. In fact doctors are terrible for prescribing it. Thanks to a 15 min session of my psychiatrist nodding (while barely looking at me) then writing down a name of a pill to "fix me" my face has never seen such acne. He thought I was depressed before, now I don't want to even leave the house. DOCTORS OVER PRESCRIBE!!!!! Please trust me, go to your herbal neighborhood store and get things to detox from medicine. The pharmaceutical companies are making a fortune on society believing a magic pill will sustain our life and subdue our problems. You're smarter than that, right?"

Girl236885 (taken for less than 1 month) August 14, 2016

For Social Anxiety Disorder "I have social anxiety disorder and depression. I never knew how unhappy and stressed I was until I started taking Zoloft early in the year. The drug did wonders for me. It brought out such happiness and a zest for life that I had not felt in a very long time. I began to exercise and eat right and as a result I lost a lot of weight. However, I stopped taking Zoloft mid year because my wife and I are trying to have another baby and it might affect fertility. A few weeks ago I got back on Zoloft for some anxiety I was feeling. I have done one week at 25 mg and the following two weeks on 50, but my anxiety is through the roof and I'm very depressed. I hope it starts to work again, I'm really anxious and praying I get my calm back."

DepressedNTX (taken for less than 1 month) August 6, 2016

For Depression "I started taking this drug to battle mild depression. 50mg a day. Pros: 1) more energy than usual. I go to the gym more than I used to (losing weight). I go the "extra mile" at work, I got a promotion (financial industry/hedge funds). 2) depression started to fade Cons: 1) DR told me to take it before bed. INSOMNIA was so severe I switched to morning. 2) no desire for sex. 3) I started to feel numb, not literally. Stuff I care about, I no longer do. This is where the depression starts to fade (partly). Hard to explain this one... 4) I'm alienating myself from friends. I like spending time alone, but I'm spending even more so now. 5) I have to take Ativan before bed from time to time due to extra energy"

AnSF99 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 29, 2016