User Reviews for Zoloft (Page 12)

Learn more about Zoloft.

Depression 369 reviews 80 medications

7.2
Summary of Zoloft reviews 913 reviews 7.8

Reviews for Zoloft

For Panic Disorder "I have taken 25mg for anxiety for 8 years. I went off when pregnant but anxiety returned upon delivery. I can not say enough how much this drug has helped me. I don't do the whole "I want to feel good on my own" thing anymore. I accept that I will always have anxiety but with Zoloft I live a normal life now. If I have a health scare and it comes on a bit I can still cope so much better now. I am so thankful for Zoloft."

EleshaIn August 2, 2015

For Panic Disorder "The first week was the hardest, but I found that taking Xanax made the side effects easier to handle. After 7 days, I started noticing a difference. I hope I continue to improve as time passes"

tinpet (taken for less than 1 month) July 29, 2015

For Social Anxiety Disorder "About 2 years ago I started experiencing the worst panic attacks of my life. I thought I was having a pulmonary embolism & went to the emergency room twice. After blood work, ECGs, heart monitors and chest X-rays I finally accepted I was suffering from anxiety. I went to see my Dr & I've been on Zoloft 50mg for approximately 10 months. The first 3 months on zoloft honestly were the worst months of my life. My anxiety was 10 times worst, I was experiencing horrible insomnia, dry mouth and a permanent yawn. The side effects have subsided and I'm so thankful to be anxiety free even though it took almost 4 months. I would definitely recommend Zoloft and tell everyone to just stick out the first few months! Good luck! You are not alone :)"

Chellll24 July 28, 2015

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "I'm 14 years old with OCD. I tried Prozac and it just made me make decisions that weren't like me. Ive been on Zoloft for awhile and it's really helping. I haven't obsessed at ALL. I just don't overthink and I live a great life."

Jay man July 27, 2015

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "I have been taking zoloft for years to treat OCD Depression and anxiety. It works great for these however my orgasm take forever and are significantly less stimulating. Should u try to go off these med from time to time to see if you even need them anymore? Or try a newer med with less sexual side effects."

McShane (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 27, 2015

For Depression "Many years in pain ....Zoloft saved me . Side Effects -Minor Relief From Depression - Tremendous Been on it for over 15 years . Started at 50mg per day , now 150 per day . Thankyou Pfizer ...for giving me my life back ."

RP Dee July 19, 2015

88 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "I was diagnosed with Generalized Anxiety Disorder, severe depression and OCD when I was around 18 years old. I couldn't do anything and shut down. I went to a mental hospital to take classes on how to cope and I began trying different types of SSRI's. I tried two others and I felt horrible on them both then I tried Zoloft. My mom made me stick with it even though I was skeptical. I started with 25, 50, then to 75 ml. Nothing helped. As soon as I went up to 100 ml is when I felt my life coming back. I could feel emotions of happiness, and felt like life had finally had a meaning to it. I was able to be okay again and felt like this medicine saved my life. The thing that is hardest is all the people judging saying "you're on so many Meds""

Trusso18 July 18, 2015

122 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Social Anxiety Disorder "Honestly, I feel guilty for feeling great... But I've been taking Zoloft for 6 months now and I feel totally different. I was diagnosed with GAD, generalized anxiety disorder. I had serious issues with social anxiety, irritation, nervousness, constant worrying, and seldom depression. After taking the medicine for about 3 months I felt like a I've never felt before. I started to worry alot less, I started to avoid confrontation, and also was able to talk to people without feeling intense anxiety. This medicine really works well. The only negative side effects I've experienced was nausea in the first month and consistent fatigue. Working out and mid day naps have subsided the fatigue. My suggestion would be to take your dose in the evening."

Ydunvme July 17, 2015

For Depression "I think zoloft for me is great. The only downfall i have with it was headaches. They started right when I began taking zoloft daily. They were intense and hurt like hell. Lasted about 2 weeks. Then bam they were gone. I took it at night before bed. I thought they made me tired. Since I've been on it , I've lost about 20lbs. I don't have the munchies at all & honestly I have to tell myself to eat because it curbs my appetite. I don't feel bloated like I did on Lexapro that's why I switched. Zoloft really works for me and I'm on a low dose. Headaches suck the first few weeks but what a difference from lexapro. Everyone's different."

Jenn w (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 16, 2015

115 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Social Anxiety Disorder "My 15 year old daughter was practically a recluse. She is bipolar and taking seroquel, lamictal and intuniv but she was depressed and had such social anxiety that she couldn't even leave her room. After 3 weeks she is the daughter I knew to be . She still has issues but going outside of the house is not one of them. I am so happy with this medication . She started at 25 and is now at 50mg. What a godsend ."

Cathy1023 July 12, 2015

For Social Anxiety Disorder "I have struggled with depression since I was a teenager and always assumed it would go away on its own. After someone close to me passed, I hit rock bottom. I was depressed, anxious, couldn't sleep, etc. Talked to my doctor and he prescribed this for my depression and anxiety. Besides making me apathetic I have been surprisingly happy. This pill is amazing, I have not been this genuinely happy in a long time."

Sydney91 July 12, 2015

For Depression "I'm ready to feel better, although I'm still skeptical. I have read good reviews so I hope that same outcome for me."

Lady D (taken for less than 1 month) July 9, 2015

For Depression "This was the first drug I was tried on for my depression BEFORE my OCD started (I'm 14). I have PTSD, so along comes depression, anxiety, etc. When the psyciatrist prescribed me this, he had only seen me for 45 minutes and that was his decision. The first time taking it, I wasn't feeling right. Week 1 was unbearable. I felt like I had the stomach and head flu combined. I also started having more suicidal thoughts so I called my doctor and they stopped me. Not an effective drug for me unfortunately, that is why I give Zoloft a 1."

BringOnTheRain (taken for less than 1 month) July 7, 2015

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "for a long time I've struggled with OCD, trichotillomania, depression, anxiety, and adhd. now I take vyvance for adhd but for the rest I take Zoloft and I take 150mg everyday. btw I'm a 15 year old female. it's really helped with the anxiety and depression and my trichotillomania has gotten better with the use of the drug lamictal at night which is a mood stabilizer(50mg)"

mentally ill?? (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 6, 2015

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "I began taking Zoloft four months ago after being diagnosed with OCD, which I have suffered with for probably 15 years. I started with a dosage of 25 mg and experienced quite a bit of nausea for the first few weeks. I also dealt with a spike in anxiety, which I combatted with Clonopin and relaxation techniques. My psychiatrist slowly increased the dosage to 150 mg over the past few months. During that time, with the addition of psychotherapy, I began to slowly recognize that my symptoms were decreasing. It has become much easier to recognize my intrusive thoughts as OCD, and to say "no" to the multitude of rituals that I engaged in on a daily basis. In fact, since I have reached 150 mg, my anxiety and other symptoms have almost disappeared."

Blair M June 29, 2015

For Depression "I developed depression a few months ago and felt that I had truly lost my mind. I was beyond sad, crying constantly, terrifying intrusive thoughts, lost all interest in hobbies, friends, I thought that was it for me. I didn't feel that I would ever be my normal self ever again. Zoloft has completely eliminated my depression. The first week was almost unbearable but I cannot stress how much better I began to feel after about 2weeks. It is a miracle drug, I truly cannot express how well it has worked for me."

Peachpeach June 24, 2015

168 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "I've always experienced social anxiety growing up. I thought this was normal but it became clear to me during college that I shouldn't be feeling so shy all the time. I was afraid to be myself. I was constantly going back and forth between anxiety and depression for years. I tried meditation, yoga, running, a different diet... But nothing seemed to be working good enough! Enough was enough! I researched zoloft for a few weeks and finally decided to try it out. WOAH! Other than the initial side effects such as decreased appetite and restlessness, this medication changed my life!!! I feel very comfortable talking to people in social settings.. I could finally be myself! The biggest thing is being patient--- it works!!!!! Good luck everyone!"

Kort (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 23, 2015

148 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "Not trusting the source (s) of reviews of this medication from 'company-friendly' sites, hope this one actually gets published. Zoloft was a nightmare, nine-day experience. Kept reading the 'keep taking it!' reviews and those were simply not true to me. Most everyone will eventually cycle back to feeling much better, especially if they have support. Zoloft will push you over the edge if you keep taking it. Had every side effect - bizarre urination flow, horrible gas, insomnia, etc. Would suggest people considering Zoloft to stick with something short-term and short-acting. Feel better and wean yourself off and don't let one quack doctor talk you out of that mindset."

vicvolare June 18, 2015

For Depression "The Dr. prescribed this med after I developed a tolerance to Prozac after 15 wonderful years. I started at 25 mg. They always say to give it a few weeks to see if it is working. After 2 months he increased the dosage to 50 mg. which still did not work. Then after an increase to 100 mg. for a few months, he finally believed it was not working for me. He started me on Effexor, which took another 6 months of gradually increasing dosage to actually kick in. Please do not give up. After over a year of living a nightmare and feeling suicidal every single day, I'm now back to normal, almost every day."

coyotewoman June 16, 2015

For Depression "Love this medication. I'm a 28 yo mother of two and have suffered from anxiety on and off for the past 9 years and have tried different meds through out the years and the only one that has ever worked for me was the generic Zoloft! Like... wow! This medication does its job so well that i feel "normal" not high or zombified! Side effects for me has been loss of appetite, difficulty reaching orgasm, clenched jaw, hot flashes, and rapid heart rate but was told these would subsidize. But i still give this medication a rating of 9 because the benefits for me outweigh the side effects far too well. Been taking it for a couple weeks and if it's working this great now i can't wait to see in a couple more weeks."

kris25 June 15, 2015

100 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Social Anxiety Disorder "I am 14 y/o, female and currently take 200mg of Zoloft. The first 3 months I was on Zoloft I felt so free, happy, able to approach people with ease and engage socially. (might have been placebo) This feeling wore off, and even when I tried going up on my dosage multiple times, it didn't change anything. Zoloft has given me so many health problems. As told by a doctor, Zoloft caused a decrease in my iron level, which gave me Anemia, which I have never had before. I struggled with weight loss on this medicine, which is hard since I already struggle with trying to gain weight. I'm still on this medicine, and this is my 5th month taking it, but I may have to go off on it for medical reasons, and I feel it doesn't do my anxiety any justice."

arynnaomi June 12, 2015

For Social Anxiety Disorder "I've struggled with anxiety & depression my entire life, & I was wary of starting sertraline(at age 20) but 50mg a day has changed me for the better. I'm happier, less anxious overall, I got a job, I can do all the things my anxiety wouldn't allow, like answering the phone, going shopping alone, making small talk with people. There have been some unpleasant side effects, alcohol puts me right to sleep now. I have no appetite (lost about 15lbs) and my sex drive is noticeably diminished. Whatever you do, do not stop cold turkey. 50mg is a very small dose but the withdrawals are hell. I ran out and couldn't get a refill for a week, I was cold sweating through my clothes 24/7, shaky, suicidal, dizzy, and my anxiety was worse than before"

Aliyah3 June 10, 2015

For Depression "Taking his medication has been one of the best decisions I've made in my life thus far. If you are suffering from depression & anxiety then just give it a go because well life is just too dam short!"

Aydin (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 9, 2015

94 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "I have suffered from OCD for over a decade and it has taken over my life. I've been on zoloft for three months and am seeing progress. It has helped mildly with the anxiety. I am finding that my life choices are changing. I am eating healthier, going outside more, taking up new hobbies, reconnecting with old friends, maintaining a healthier relationship with my family members, my anger has decreased significantly and I am not ruminating on repetitive thoughts quite as often. This medication is very helpful for getting on the road to recovery. I am using it in conjunction with meditation and mindfulness therapy. The only drawback is that it gives me diarrhea and short term memory loss. I have been using post it notes."

Leetlebat June 1, 2015

For Depression "I was crippled with anxiety, depression, and nagging intrusive thoughts. Zoloft has allowed me to live again. Please don't allow the stigma and misinformation out there about antidepressants prevent you from getting help and finding relief. Once your body adjusts to Zoloft (this can take upwards of 2-4 weeks), you will find relief and peace. I used a pill cutter to cut the prescribed dose (25 mg) in half and took the half dose for two weeks. Then I increased it to the prescribed dose. This is much easier on the body. Please consider doing this so you're not overcome and discouraged by some of the initial side effects. Good luck friends."

SilvaMine May 26, 2015

184 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
Page 1 2 3 ...10 11 12 13 14 ...Next