User Reviews for Zoloft (Page 10)

Learn more about Zoloft.

Major Depressive Disorder 57 reviews 46 medications

7.1
Summary of Zoloft reviews 1023 reviews 7.7

Reviews for Zoloft

For Panic Disorder "I am women 45 and suffer of general anxiety and panic attacs voor 25 jears. I took Zoloft already tree times in my life and it helped me every time. But every time I stopped my sympthomes turned back. I am taking Zoloft again voor 5 weeks and for the first time I have very bad side effects like naussea more panic bad sleeping...even after 5 weeks. I still hope it will help like other times but it is weard and I am worrying it will not work. I had some good days but genarally it is not going well at this moment. I also tried other AD in the past and nothing helped me like Zoloft. I was always at 50mg and it was enough. Maybe I have to take more or wait longer. I gave it 10 because of his working in the past. Anybody same experience?"

diana1971 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 24, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "I suffer from harm-ocd (violent impulsive thoughts), and im taking Zoloft for almost 2 years now. Im currently 23 years old. Here is my review.. It helped me much but it didnt eliminate OCD. Though, it reduced anxiety and the frequency my mind produces impulsive thoughts with. In the past, i had pains in the back side of my head and Zoloft made them go away. Nonetheless, I also had some side effects. If i take it late at night, it will cause me tension making it hard for me to sleep. Additionally, i feel like its much harder for me to climax during sex. I still can ofcourse, but i need to put the double effort."

NickAsim23 June 22, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder "I found out I have PTSD, Social Anxiety Disorder and general Anxiety Disorder. I was putting myself in a bubble and would curl up in a ball just to escape. I quit a job I loved because of the stress, I quit going to to the grocery store and other public places because the anxiety was too much. Ithe was effecting my relationships and I was in a bad place where I thought that was what life was about. After being diagnosed, I was given Zoloft. I looked at my phsycharist like he was crazy. Like this one pill a day would really have the effect of fixing me. I have taken it religiously, every day as prescribed. After 4 weeks I want to cry. I was missing so much, and haven't felt this good on years. I have my life back. Thank you zoloft"

Brookelookbook (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 19, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "I started this only 25mg been on it 23 days and have had episodes of anxiety sitting at home some days. But my bp goes up when I have an attack. Anyone else have this happen and when I'm relaxed my pulse rate is around 69-70 but when I'm not its around 99-115. Dr wants me to stay on it this dose another 30 days as I'm sensitive to meds I also take Valium for meiner's but it's never helped my anxiety."

Aj1970 June 17, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Social Anxiety Disorder "Started tzking sertraline 8 days ago 25mg for my anxiety. Well so far it has been hard i am experiencing all side effects increased anxiety, insomnia, nausea, complete loss of appetite, sweating. I am waking up at 5 every morning with anxiety and have to force myself to go to work. I also take 1/2 a xanax 2-3 times a day. I have 2 teenage kids and barely able to function ie cook dinner because i feel so nauseous. At times of increased anxiety i feel like i am losing my mind. Tonight is night 8 and i have been awake since 1am took 1/2 xanax and still cant sleep. Trying to stick it out but i am really struggling because i have to go to work to pay mortgage. Reading these pages gives me a bit of hope but dont know how long i can last."

Lozzabird (taken for less than 1 month) June 16, 2016

Lo┼║zabird June 16, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Social Anxiety Disorder "I've been taking Zoloft for over a year (100mg tablets) for my SAD and depression. before Zoloft I was engaged in self harm, overly complicated fear, panic attacks, depersonalization, no motivation, and missing school at least once a week from lack of motivation. Now that I've been on it, I've been less involved in those problems, though I wouldn't say it's 100% from the Zoloft, but rather just some life choices, though the Zoloft did still cater into those choices. I'm still depressed and have anxiety, but I have improved since I started taking it, and I thank it for helping me. I would say that my panic attacks and motivation have improved and I'm having less problems, I can finally say I'm even just a little happy with life again."

Lacteal17 (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 14, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "First month, bad side effects. Felt worsening anxiety, and felt like a zombie. After about 4 weeks the magic happened. My obsessions became minimal, and my depression/pmdd improved imensely. Sideeffects include some weight gain like 15 lbs, and loss of sex drive. However I was on 50 mg, and the improvement in my mental state was worth it. I could only take this drug at night, in the morning it would make me dizzy. I was in this for 4years, it does improve obsessive worrying and depression."

nellie 4 June 4, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "I was apprehensive about trying Zoloft, but I wanted to share my experience. I started taking Zoloft 2 weeks ago primarily for major depression. When I'm less depressed I also suffer from social anxiety disorder. I took 25mg for the first 4 days, then upped to 50mg. First few days on 25mg I had moments of feeling very spaced out. When I increased the dose to 50mg, I had a few days of nausea, diarrhoea and again felt quite spaced out, but after 4 or so days this stopped. I also experienced a few waves of anxiety, but this has since disappeared. 2 weeks in, and I'm feeling better. Not all the way there, but I feel more stable. Less hopeless, more in control. Calmer. I'm starting to feel like myself again."

kalopsia June 3, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "This drug has side effects but benefits is much more. If you suffering from depression and anxiety try it."

batman007t (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 29, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "I had 2 miscarriages within six months of each other. After the 2nd, my anxiety was non-stop. I started having panic attacks. I tried paxil and Celexa which helped a little, but didn't take the anxiety away. I finally started zoloft a few months ago and at first I was zombie-like, and could barely stay awake, but my Dr encouraged me to give it 4 weeks. I did, and I am really happy that I toughed it out. I haven't been this calm since before my miscarriages. I am finally feeling relaxed and relief. The only negative effect I am having is teeth grinding/clenching but I had that on the other drugs as well. I am no longer exhausted, I feel normal again."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 23, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Social Anxiety Disorder "I am taking Zoloft for social anxiety, depression, OCD (27yo F). I have to start out by saying I had TERRIBLE side effects for the 1.5months (nausea, dizziness, migraines, panic attack) to the point where I almost stopped taking the tablet. I persisted and 7 months on Zoloft has completely changed my life. I have had depression and OCD for years and anxiety had started to take over my life. After the initial symptoms subsided, I feel like a better, confident and much happier version of former myself. Like many others it's hard to explain what I mean. It's the best thing I've ever done! Please try to persist!"

finners (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 22, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "My 20 year old daughter was in a stump of being unmotivated , unhappy and very negative . She had always been very focused , happy and loved life. I recommended she go to her family physician and see about taking a low dose of anti depressant . 3 months later my daughter is back to herself . Zoloft has really helped her and she is a joy to be around again . She has claimed the only side effect is she had trouble sleeping the first 4 weeks when on Zoloft but now she's sleeping again ."

Maddcs May 21, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "I am in my early 50s. The "docs" gave me this med initially for "stress". I was referred to a "psychiatrist" right after & I complied. The "Psychiatrist" announced I had "full blown clinic depression" even though all I felt was stress. I took the medication as prescribed (25mg), & had to endure 1 week of agony, but figured it was part of "the drug". I had muscle twitches, sweating, hot/cold sensation was thrown off, Blood pressure would shoot up & drop low, NO SLEEP at all for 1 week, before the "medication" took hold. Getting off the crap was just as bad if not worse. As a result of this med, I have become well acquainted with the local Sheriffs Dept, who showed up twice to "Baker Act" me For the side-affect - suicidal thoughts."

PammiePi2 May 19, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "Started at 25 for about two weeks, then went to 50. Each dosage change brought back a few symptoms, but all are gone in a few days. Zoloft helped me a lot, I had never taken an anti depressant before so I was nervous. My intrusive thoughts are gone one month later!! Don't read to much into this page, it caused me to have anxiety/panic attacks. My biggest problem was swallowing, but that was due to anxiety, I didn't want to take the anxiety Meds on top of zoloft, so I just waited the attacks out, last max two hours. Just know to gradually increase your dosage and to check in with prescribing person when you have concerns. Side effects: nausea, fatigue, loose stools, blurry vision in morning, breast felt numb (gone now), dry mouth (gum!!)."

Elsaaaa (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 18, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "I suffered panic attacks for 12 years from 1989 to 2001, almost every night. I switched doctors and he put me on Zoloft. I have been on it ever since, up to 150mg per day, and have suffered no side effects. It has been a life saver."

relenta3 (taken for 10 years or more) May 18, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "I do not take this for depression whatsoever. It is prescribed to me to prevent fainting (vaso vagul syncope). It works wonders. I am 45 years old and take a small 25mg/pediatric dose. Have been taking it for several years and have not fainted since starting it."

Michigan Mamma May 17, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "It doesn't work even after upping the dosage several times"

Dick (Richard) (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 11, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Social Anxiety Disorder "After having several panic attacks over a 12mth period I was prescribed Zoloft. I had no idea that it would also help with so many other problems which I just thought were variations of "normal." I started on 25mg in the morning but found it made me feel tired so I changed to taking it before bed. Miraculously I was able to fall asleep within a few minutes instead of the usual 30 to 60 minutes. I also stayed asleep through the night, rarely waking but easily returning to sleep when I did. I felt less agitated and irritated by what now seems like fairly trivial things. Big problems in life still exist but they do not dominate my mind every waking moment. I no longer feel embarrassed in social situations and just feel generally content."

cocomonkey May 10, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "Zoloft has been hard for me. At first it was okay (besides the side effects, those were brutal) but now that I've been on it for almost 2 years, im starting to forget things and my mindset is never balanced. Some days are okay, but some days I'm panicky, shaky, can't remember much even if it happened less than a minute ago, and my depression starts back up. I really don't wanna move on to another medication because the withdraws of this medication is as brutal as the side effects but i feel like Zoloft isn't a long term drug for me."

mirandaa. May 6, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "Well I've been taking Zoloft for anxiety and panic attacks 50mg for 7 weeks now and it does work for panic and anxiety I havnt had an attack and my anxiety levels are pretty much low as can be, my mind feels clearer and I feel more relaxed and able to concentrate on things again, the only down side to taking this that I have felt is being tired a bit and being a bit lethargic and less motivation to do anything, also had very vivid dreams but they can be good so that's not a bad thing to deal with, looking to go back to see if I can lower the dose of possible to help with the feeling of lethargic/less energy but it does what it says it's stops panic and anxiety of you stick with it, I can relax again!"

Shaun griffiths May 4, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "I took Zoloft for anxiety and panic attacks. It worked the first day! Only downside of this is I felt tired and zombie like. But it definitely helps."

LeaC21 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 3, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Social Anxiety Disorder "In a desperate effort to get help for my anxiety, depression and PMDD symptoms I turned to Zoloft. I was happy with it at first as I did feel better. I was very tired however. A happy zombie really with poor concentration and memory and huge appetite. But after a few months the effects started to wear off. My Dr. Increased my dose steadily and with that my weight increased rapidly. Other side effects were uncontrollable diarrhea and TMJ. I discontinued the medication and after 9 months on it was left with a 17 pound weight gain mostly in my belly and back/upper sides. The other side effects are over and I didn't have many withdrawal symptoms. After 2 months my appetite and energy are back to normal but I've not lost a pound yet."

Peeled Pickles May 2, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "Zoloft has helped me tremendously! I am going on week 6. I kept going on the Internet reading the terrible side effects. I kept putting it off even though my sister in law is a pharmacist. I was scared. Terified. I'm in my 40s very fit. I kept thinking I would feel better. I thought it was hormones. I kept having panic attacks which didn't last long, but it still happened.There was a lot that happened over the course of the months and I believe my body just said enough. So once I experienced the panic attacks it fueled to the fire, worry set in and it was a terrible cycle. I started it after my friend opened up. I didn't feel alone. The first week I experienced diarrhea three days. No insomnia, no weight gain. I'm calmer for sure!"

Ddc2030 April 28, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Social Anxiety Disorder "33 y/o female, 5'5, 125lbs, 200mg/day, 1 1/2 years and will continue indefinitely. Pros: social anxiety gone. Unbelievable. Able to start spontaneous conversations with "strangers", now able to develop and share deep, intimate friendships. Not hyper self conscious anymore. I joke around and enjoy making people laugh. Sexually uninhibited (with my husband)- seriously, the best sex I've ever had, I'm not self conscious at all anymore and I have no problems with orgasm- actually the opposite (best. ever.) Weight loss, 25-30lbs, and I feel light, energetic and happy with my body now. Food! I used to be a horribly picky eater my entire life, now I try new foods without a second thought and enjoy them! Zoloft has changed my life."

HeartsOpenWide (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 28, 2016