User Reviews for Zoloft (Page 10)

Learn more about Zoloft.

Depression 332 reviews 78 medications

7.3
Summary of Zoloft reviews 810 reviews 7.9

Reviews for Zoloft

For Depression "I have been on Zoloft for a bit now and am on a 50mg dose. I find it has made a world of difference. I was taking it after dinner and had real bad insomnia and buzzing etc. So I told my doctor and we changed the schedule so I started taking it in the morning and I sleep great at night. Zoloft has helped with my depression and anxiety. I haven't felt this great since I can't even remember when. If your having bad side effects like the insomnia talk to your doctor and change the times you take your meds."

2344415emz2626266 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 7, 2015

77 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "Zoloft is a miracle. I was having panic attacks and anxiety and since taking them I feel so much better .I can sleep at night and wake up refreshed and feel I could climb a mountain. Truly a wonderful medicine."

sazz22 April 3, 2015

105 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "Has helped enough that I still take it. A word of warning though, you may experience incontinence soon after (that lovely 'd' word). In my case, it only takes about 5 minutes before nature comes calling (!) Up until recently, I attributed it to the coffee I have every morning with my breakfast, as caffeine is apparently a common cause. Then I spoke to a friend who'd stopped taking Zoloft because of this side effect and it suddenly dawned on me. So I tested it. Had my usual breakfast & coffee, this time without the meds. 1/2 hour went by, no complaints down below. Took the Zoloft and sure enough, 4 or 5 minutes later, off to the the toilet again. It's not a huge problem for me since it's predictable, only happens in the morning, and the drug does help depression-wise but some people may not feel the same way (no pun intended). Interestingly, I take the same dose again in the evening with no side-effect, so I suspect the morning combination with coffee may play a part."

Stuart_D (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 3, 2015

For Depression "I was on 100mg of Zoloft and started suffering from severe insomnia after being on it only 2months. Dr tappered me down to 50 mg and then done in a week, withdrawls were dinging head, zap and buzzing ears plus severe insomnia."

Need sugessions (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 3, 2015

For Depression "I've taken Zoloft off and on within the last 3 years. I do much better with it. I went from being so low that I couldn't take care of myself because of anxiety and depression. With Zoloft and better life circumstances I am doing much better. I'm actually happy! Right now I'm on 25 milligrams. Sometimes I'm on 50. When I had postpartum blues, 100 milligrams was necessary to feel positive."

red4 April 2, 2015

For Panic Disorder "I've tried several medications and so far this one has been the best anti-depressant that prevents panic attacks. I used to have at least three a day, now I only get them in extreme circumstances like when a family member passed away. It used to be dangerous for me to drive since events on the road would trigger a panic attack. Life is a lot easier on Zoloft."

kitkat4224 April 1, 2015

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "I got put on this medication about 3 days ago and my first time taking it was in the morning. There are two side effects I've had, the first day taking it I felt kinda nauseous and I threw up, but after that I was completely fine! I also have had a decreased appetite, but in my opinion that's a good thing, considering I want to lose a bit of weight. I was suffering for major depression, and got put on this medicine because I was caught in the middle of attempting suicide. But since I've started this, I haven't had a single suicidal thought! I would definitely recommend this. Although ive been on it for just a few days, I already discover improvement."

Amazing! March 31, 2015

For Panic Disorder "It took a little while to get the dosage right because I took it slow but now I have improved so much! I did 50mg for a month, 100mg for a month and finally 150mg a month. I have my life back! My anxiety and panic is no longer crippling."

mrsalhurt (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 30, 2015

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder "I was put on Zoloft to regulate my moods as my hormones were very off kilter with extreme highs and lows. The medicine started taking effect with in a week and now I feel Very calm and relaxed all the time. The only side effects are that is leaves me Extremely tiered, and also with a bit of cotton mouth."

JeanBrz March 26, 2015

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder "i am a Desert Storm veteran and for years i have suffered at the hands of depacote, lithium and wellbutrin (one after the other) and i just felt more and more miserable and doomed. then my doctor prescribed zoloft 2 years ago and it literally saved my life. now i am able to function normally and am really enjoying my life for the first time in 2 decades. it is my life saver and has changed my life forever. before zoloft i felt so depressed and hopeless. thank you, you have given me my joy in life back!"

timberon mellie (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 25, 2015

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder "I primary start taking Zoloft for panic attacks. But I also suffer from PMDD. I stopped being crazy prior to my menstruation cause of bc and zoloft.Until 6 months ago EVERY two weeks I was breaking up with bae. We get along on my period and one week after and then it will usually start. Third week of ciklus we didn't seeing each other and after that I usually get period and calm.It is surprise we didn't break up for good and I can't even describe what that does for our sex life.I had terrible fights with my mom and I felt like I'm most miserable person in world. Not anymore. I was scared when I stop taking birth control that I will again start acting nut but now is Zoloft taking care of that."

nadinatal (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 24, 2015

For Social Anxiety Disorder "Changed my life. Night and day difference. Only side effect... Sleepiness"

Clay D March 24, 2015

For Depression "Went on Zoloft after Celexa stopped working and I quit cold turkey(don't do!!) Made me feel 10x worse within days. Not for me. Now on Pristiq which helps but has horrible withdrawals if you skip or are too late for a pill."

Amr0k March 23, 2015

For Panic Disorder "I was extremely wary of taking this medication, but I am so glad that I did. I suffered with panic attacks at night time until I took this medication. I started off on 25mg then slowly increased to 100mg. I do not suffer from panic attacks anymore, and I feel awesome! I can finally get a restful night of sleep."

larpop (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 23, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "I've been on zoloft for almost four weeks now and it's been a life changer I use to suffer from poor impulse control anxiety and bad depression about two weeks in I started feeling better happier like.the feeling of dread has been removed the demon's are silenced I feel like I want to live I want to succeed it's like a dream come true ive suffered from drug addiction in the past and since started zoloft I don't feel the craving that overwhelming desire to get high the only downside to zoloft. Is the restlessness when.trying to sleep but it's worth the trade off I started on 50 MG and am now at 100mg per day thank god for zoloft"

jUSTIB89 (taken for less than 1 month) March 21, 2015

For Depression "Zoloft has been a lifesaver. Something that helps keep my crippling MDD and SAD at bay and make it through life normally. Even happier as this was the 1st antidepressant I tried and it worked! Also no side effects at all. Thank you God."

Mohammad_au (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 21, 2015

106 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Social Anxiety Disorder "Headaches and a little nausea at the start, now 4 months in, I don't know how I coped before. The anxious "bad butterflies" that I thought were normal, have gone away. Obsessive over thinking and cringing after I got home because what I may have said, has gone away. Feeling almost hyper active and intense when in a group situation, almost gone. Road rage....work in progress! Hahaha. Sex drive has diminished but this might be a good thing as was obsessive about it before. Less pressure. Wish I had started a lot earlier. Thought my anxiety was part of my personality, but the reality is, without it, I'm back to me again."

Sare (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 20, 2015

135 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "After I had my baby i was in constant stress recovering from my csection to having take care of my two toddlers and a newborn baby . I started having terrible panic attacks that would last all day . I was completly housebound . So i went to see my dr and he prescribed zoloft 25 mgs .i was always afraid to take medicines but my condition got to the point where i needed to try .I needed help i had 3 babies that rely on me . So i started zoloft 25 mgs the anxiety got worse for a whole month and a half .I waited it out because dr said it takes time to work . And he was right !!! After a month and a half i was a different person the attacks stopped . I havnt had an attack for almost a year now .im still at the same dosage too , only 25 mgs"

Hann March 19, 2015

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder "I've been battling ptsd since a kid. I tried celexa for two months and it didn't do anything so I quit taking it, 6 years later I went to a different Dr who prescribed me Zoloft. Started with 50mg for two months and bumped up to 100mg. It does take a few to get use to but the side effects go away with a week or two. This drug it's not drowsy, and actually works. I'm talking more, coming out of my shell. Laughing. Doing stuff again. All I can say give it a chance I say two months, off not working talk to Dr and try something else..I have tried something else...and this is working great so far. The heavy weight that held mange captive in my depression was lifted within the first two weeks. Two thumbs up so far. And affordable, I get generic"

h0rhay March 19, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "Although I have only been on this med for 12 days so far. I feel wonderful. I have had severe depression due to being sick the past 3 years and nothing has been helping me get better (spinal nerve damage and severe migraines everyday) ; sometimes I just felt like I wanted to die I felt no hope.I haven't felt any side effects and my migraines are almost completely gone. I get up and do more around my house, more than ever and I am taking better care of myself. Im happy for the first time in my life. I know most people will think it's too good to be true; but really you should ask your doctor if it might be for you. I am so glad I am on this; never had a medicine work so good. Hope it last. Plus right now I have the flu and still happy!"

KBSteph March 19, 2015

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder "I am 30 and have been taking Zoloft for just under a year (under the care of a great p-doc). Initially for depression and with graduated doses of 12.5, 25 to my current 37.5mg/day, I can say my PMDD has basically been cured with a LOW dose of this medicine! (>50mg = no orgasms). Since 12, I have been incapacitated not just by cyclical mood/anxiety issues--I felt "normal" for only about 1 week/month. But the WORST part was the abdominal cramps & the bloating/gas/messing with my GI tract, and 2-3 days/month were pure H#LL. Despite combo of heat, baths, 2 oz. liquor, MJ and 800mg Advil, nothing relieved my pain. On Zoloft, I barely notice my period and this is a miracle for me. Sertraline was discovered by chance, not engineered--a ( ) for me!"

Petrozadvo March 18, 2015

For Social Anxiety Disorder "The first day I took 25mg and randomly about 3 hours later I was just smiling uncontrollably along with a calm feeling in my head. The next few weeks were hell with the side effects but it was worth the wait. Two months later and I really understand how this drug works on me. It sort of keeps my mood at a "flatline" level where the peak of my sadness is lower but my happiness seemed to have less of a "peak" as well. My libido was absolutely DESTROYED. I seem to have an apathetic sense about life now. Everything seems bland. My appetite was killed as well and I keep losing weight and I am underweight as it is. I am going back from 50 mg to 25 mg. overall I am happier on Zoloft but there are horrible side effects too."

Nick with GAD (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 13, 2015

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder "I have been taking Zoloft since September 2014, I was diagnosed with PTSD and started on 50mg and during the first month I had a slight reduction in my anxiety and general mood, but the flashbacks continued. My dose was increased to 100mg and I felt better with mild anxiety and no emotions, I can be happy but not sad, Anxiety continued and some flashbacks, my doctor increased my dose to 150mg and I have been well for the last couple of months until last week when a combination of work and family issues pushed me over the edge once again, I had weekly psychologist visits for the first two months, Started today on 200mg daily. I think zoloft works very well for me but my Trauma plays out in my dreams most nights,"

Tosegue (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 12, 2015

For Social Anxiety Disorder "I took sertraline twice. Before it helped a lot, been off it for a year or so and I need to get back on it but I'm scared to take the first pill."

Heimer March 9, 2015

For Social Anxiety Disorder "From bad to good. Wk1, great. Obviously placebo. Wk2 was a low week. SO tired all day long. I struggled to concentrate. Work performance was affected. I learned that alcohol brings you right down. DON'T DO IT! Some anxiety Wk3 Another low week. I felt zombified. Tired all day. I could barely stay awake in meetings. I couldn't pay attention for more than a minute. Noticed my hands are shaking. Some anxiety. Wk4 Better but still tired. Small up but still zombified & shaking hands Wk5 Less tired but still shaky. Mood is lifting. Strange confidence. Loving it! Wk6 Confidence & mood grows. Little anxious Wk7 Definitely better. Small wobble due to alcohol. Wk8 Feeling great. There is hope! Avoid too much alcohol & coffee. 2 or 3 per day is ok."

Matters (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 9, 2015