User Reviews for Zoloft (Page 10)

Learn more about Zoloft.

Depression 336 reviews 79 medications

7.3
Summary of Zoloft reviews 824 reviews 7.9

Reviews for Zoloft

For Social Anxiety Disorder "Been taking 40mg of citalopram for 10 years, I felt I was not getting the benefit of them anymore, so Doc has switched me to 50mg zoloft. Been on them for 1 week, anxiety is through the roof, crying for no reason, I am gonna stick with it and hope it kicks in soon"

Gina74 May 4, 2015

For Panic Disorder "I used to take Zoloft for many years (approx 8 to be exact) as i has servere panic disorder after completing year 12. I recently weaned my self off the drug and stoped taking it for the past 6 months. I felt myself relapsing and so have gone back on the drug as of last week, im on 25 mg. I currently feel awful, im very dizzy and some days feel like in going to faint if im sitting down for too long which means i cant concentrate at work, i never had these feelings before when i was on the drug why am i feeling this now have they changed the formula of Zoloft? anyway ill give it the recommended 2 weeks to settle again in my body but if it still makes me feel like this i'm going to stop it, i feel awful and very anxious all the time"

Theo12071 April 29, 2015

For Depression "I started Zoloft about 2 months ago. I was taking 25 mg to start, as I am very tiny. After about a month, I increased to 50 mg, and the results were felt within days. I'm not hitting my dangerous lows nearly as frequently, and when I do get upset, it feels tolerable. Yes, I still cry; no, I'm not happy all the time, but that's normal! For the first time in over 3 years, I understand what it feels like to be normal. PS-for those of you out there desperately looking for help, but not wanting to disappoint your loved ones who are opposed to taking psychiatric medication, do it for yourself. Here's what might happen: they don't work so you stop taking them, or they work and you never look back. Life is far too short to feel awful throughout it."

Cat - 20 yrs old April 25, 2015

212 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Social Anxiety Disorder "I am a 45 year old female and have had mild to moderate anxiety for most of my adult life. I lived with it for years and tried different medications on and off when my level of anxiety increased. I also tried yoga, meditation, exercise and counselling. A year ago, a new doctor prescribed 100mg Zoloft 1x/day. It took about a month for me to feel a difference, but Zoloft has given me the most "normal" feeling of any drug I ever tried. I do not have sexual side effects, as I did with other antidepressants nor do I feel numb or sleepy throughout the day. I have gained some weight (15 pounds) over the past year, but I can't really attribute it just to Zoloft."

Liz555 April 23, 2015

For Panic Disorder "Ok, Here I go. Thank God for Zoloft. I'm 39 and started suffering panic attacks that would last 2-3 months. I was put on a line of meds which didn't help until I was prescribed Zoloft. I started at .25mg for a week and after day 2 my anxiety started to lift and my panic was going away. Its now been 1 year and I have not experienced anymore Panic episodes or anxiety. I can't tell you enough how much it helped me. I thought I was doomed as nothing worked and I couldn't go on feeling they way I was. I didn't want to be left alone as I felt so scared about everything. My mind was a spinning wheel of negative thoughts and I kept spiralling deeper and deeper until I was given zoloft."

Dantheman2015 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 21, 2015

124 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "Pros: this drug gave me an energy boost that felt like it lifted my depression and increased my metabolism. My sleep schedule was normal, people said I was friendlier, and I had consistent appetite for healthy food. Cons: this drug took away my ability to have intimacy and perform any kind of exercise other than simple running on a treadmill. I could not play sports with any of my friends, because I would get lightheaded and faint, especially in the heat. I could not have a complete orgasm, and so that pretty much ruined sex for me. In summary, it treated several of my depression symptoms, but the things I had to give up due to side effects were not worth it. By the way, these side effects are a very common occurrence, not a surprise."

Steve Stevenson (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 21, 2015

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder "When I find I'm very angry it gives me time to pause and the ability to shake the bad mood I'd normally have afterwards. I rarely experience unjustified sadness, yet when something sad happens I still feel sad. I think it just gives me some breathing room to sort things out."

Tiffany B. (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 20, 2015

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "I've suffered from OCD for about three years. It was pretty bad but still manageable, but then two months ago it became unbearably horrible, my life was a nightmare. I would spend almost every waking hour ruminating about my obsessions while feeling intense anxiety. Then I began taking zoloft. I was started on 25 mg and I noticed some improvement within 5 days, and there was massive improvement within 9 days. I've been on it for a month now, and I'm at 100 mg. The OCD is definitely still here, but it takes up much less time and I am able to ruminate without feeling intense anxiety. I didn't have any major side effects. At the beginning I was yawning a lot and I felt more irritable. There's also lack of appetite, and I've lost 4 pounds."

FlBa April 18, 2015

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder "Since I'm on Zoloft I am calm and lovely person every day of every month. Before I was put on Zoloft every two weeks It was living hell for me and others around me with my mood changes. I was fighting with everybody, crying. I was depressed and miserable."

melitta (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 17, 2015

For Panic Disorder "Since I'm on Zoloft I didn't have any panic attack and I was in more than one trigger situation but I reacted like normal people do. I'm so happy that Zoloft exist.I can truly say that Zoloft saved my life and improved it."

gugugaga (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 17, 2015

73 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder "Awful side effects! Caused me to feel very uncomfortable in my own skin, confusion and dizziness, severe anxiety, jaw clenching so tight it hurt, muscle pain and stiffness, sent me into a panic attack, which was what I wanted to prevent in the first place!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) April 16, 2015

For Panic Disorder "I had been a marijuana smoker for many years but stopped and then found I was depressed, couldn't sleep or concentrate very well and would get panic attacks. My drug & alcohol physician put me onto Prozac but after just one tablet, I suffered anxiety and was very jittery and almost felt sea-sick and terrified. He then prescribed Zoloft for me. What a WONDERFUL drug! After one day, I felt focussed, clear headed and happy. I went on to attend Melbourne University as a mature aged student and studied philiosophy - it was amazing. I'd never felt so intelligent or capable in my life. I eventually came off Zoloft after a few years and have never looked back. It may not suit everyone but it certainly was just what I needed!"

Alabama Brown April 13, 2015

75 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "I decided to try Zoloft after seeing the great reviews online for panic disorder and its overwhelming support for it. I have been on 75mg Zoloft for 5 weeks and cant say it has helped at all, in fact I'm having more panic attacks than usual on it. I also can't get to sleep and feel a depressing numbness throughout the day. I am prepared to accept that maybe I need a higher dose or need to wait longer but I highly doubt it, I feel certain in saying that this medication does not work at all for me. PEACE."

Dandalion (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 12, 2015

For Panic Disorder "I have had anxiety, panic attacks & obsessive thoughts for years on and off. About 5 months ago I started to get horrible non-stop intrusive thoughts I knew the thoughts/fears/worries were nonsense but I couldn't turn them off. I was in a panic attack from the moment I woke up to the moment I fell asleep. I would wake up several times at night in full blown panic....it was horrible. I never ever wanted to take medicine I was so afraid of it not working or it making me worse. Zoloft has helped me so much at first I had a good day then a bad day and I wasn't sure if that was normal. after 2 months the doctor upped my dose then a month later I felt better then 100% still a little anxious during my period but very mild and manageable."

Gem1030 April 10, 2015

For Depression "I have been on Zoloft for a bit now and am on a 50mg dose. I find it has made a world of difference. I was taking it after dinner and had real bad insomnia and buzzing etc. So I told my doctor and we changed the schedule so I started taking it in the morning and I sleep great at night. Zoloft has helped with my depression and anxiety. I haven't felt this great since I can't even remember when. If your having bad side effects like the insomnia talk to your doctor and change the times you take your meds."

2344415emz2626266 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 7, 2015

77 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "Zoloft is a miracle. I was having panic attacks and anxiety and since taking them I feel so much better .I can sleep at night and wake up refreshed and feel I could climb a mountain. Truly a wonderful medicine."

sazz22 April 3, 2015

105 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "Has helped enough that I still take it. A word of warning though, you may experience incontinence soon after (that lovely 'd' word). In my case, it only takes about 5 minutes before nature comes calling (!) Up until recently, I attributed it to the coffee I have every morning with my breakfast, as caffeine is apparently a common cause. Then I spoke to a friend who'd stopped taking Zoloft because of this side effect and it suddenly dawned on me. So I tested it. Had my usual breakfast & coffee, this time without the meds. 1/2 hour went by, no complaints down below. Took the Zoloft and sure enough, 4 or 5 minutes later, off to the the toilet again. It's not a huge problem for me since it's predictable, only happens in the morning, and the drug does help depression-wise but some people may not feel the same way (no pun intended). Interestingly, I take the same dose again in the evening with no side-effect, so I suspect the morning combination with coffee may play a part."

Stuart_D (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 3, 2015

For Depression "I was on 100mg of Zoloft and started suffering from severe insomnia after being on it only 2months. Dr tappered me down to 50 mg and then done in a week, withdrawls were dinging head, zap and buzzing ears plus severe insomnia."

Need sugessions (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 3, 2015

For Depression "I've taken Zoloft off and on within the last 3 years. I do much better with it. I went from being so low that I couldn't take care of myself because of anxiety and depression. With Zoloft and better life circumstances I am doing much better. I'm actually happy! Right now I'm on 25 milligrams. Sometimes I'm on 50. When I had postpartum blues, 100 milligrams was necessary to feel positive."

red4 April 2, 2015

For Panic Disorder "I've tried several medications and so far this one has been the best anti-depressant that prevents panic attacks. I used to have at least three a day, now I only get them in extreme circumstances like when a family member passed away. It used to be dangerous for me to drive since events on the road would trigger a panic attack. Life is a lot easier on Zoloft."

kitkat4224 April 1, 2015

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "I got put on this medication about 3 days ago and my first time taking it was in the morning. There are two side effects I've had, the first day taking it I felt kinda nauseous and I threw up, but after that I was completely fine! I also have had a decreased appetite, but in my opinion that's a good thing, considering I want to lose a bit of weight. I was suffering for major depression, and got put on this medicine because I was caught in the middle of attempting suicide. But since I've started this, I haven't had a single suicidal thought! I would definitely recommend this. Although ive been on it for just a few days, I already discover improvement."

Amazing! March 31, 2015

78 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "It took a little while to get the dosage right because I took it slow but now I have improved so much! I did 50mg for a month, 100mg for a month and finally 150mg a month. I have my life back! My anxiety and panic is no longer crippling."

mrsalhurt (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 30, 2015

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder "I was put on Zoloft to regulate my moods as my hormones were very off kilter with extreme highs and lows. The medicine started taking effect with in a week and now I feel Very calm and relaxed all the time. The only side effects are that is leaves me Extremely tiered, and also with a bit of cotton mouth."

JeanBrz March 26, 2015

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder "i am a Desert Storm veteran and for years i have suffered at the hands of depacote, lithium and wellbutrin (one after the other) and i just felt more and more miserable and doomed. then my doctor prescribed zoloft 2 years ago and it literally saved my life. now i am able to function normally and am really enjoying my life for the first time in 2 decades. it is my life saver and has changed my life forever. before zoloft i felt so depressed and hopeless. thank you, you have given me my joy in life back!"

timberon mellie (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 25, 2015

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder "I primary start taking Zoloft for panic attacks. But I also suffer from PMDD. I stopped being crazy prior to my menstruation cause of bc and zoloft.Until 6 months ago EVERY two weeks I was breaking up with bae. We get along on my period and one week after and then it will usually start. Third week of ciklus we didn't seeing each other and after that I usually get period and calm.It is surprise we didn't break up for good and I can't even describe what that does for our sex life.I had terrible fights with my mom and I felt like I'm most miserable person in world. Not anymore. I was scared when I stop taking birth control that I will again start acting nut but now is Zoloft taking care of that."

nadinatal (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 24, 2015