User Reviews for Ramipril

Also known as: Altace

Learn more about Ramipril.

Heart Attack 1 reviews 121 medications

7.3
High Blood Pressure 36 reviews 264 medications

Summary of Ramipril reviews 43 reviews 7.7

Reviews for Ramipril

For High Blood Pressure: "Taking 2.5 mg ramipril daily, no hipertensive episodes. Just headache as side effect"

DzoNI (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 22, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For High Blood Pressure: "I am 50 been an active person all my life spent 24 years in the Regular Army eat well don't smoke never have, drink only on a weekend.Went for a medical my BP was 163/108. Went on a ECG, had urine and blood test all normal. I had that 24 hour monitor various readings some OK but most too high. I hate taking tablets I don't even like taking paracetamol. My GP is a similar age to me and he is good to explain pro and con"s of medication. I reluctantly went on Ramiprill been on it a week now to be fair it"s ok. Bit of a funny head but nothing to worry about..I have been a member of my local Gym 23 years so the stereotype of being a smoker drinker or being overweight is NOT always the case.."

Graham 1981 January 13, 2017

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For High Blood Pressure: "Been on R for a number of years, now at 10mg there is no discernable reduction in my blood pressure since I was prescribed it! I am now on amlodipine 5mg as well as R 10mg again with no discernable reduction in BP! is my body simply increasing my BP to compensate?"

NIMM (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 11, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For High Blood Pressure: "Female, 48, healthy, runner, probably half a stone overweight, but not much. I had high blood pressure (148/98) for a couple of weeks, initial visit to doctor was for muscle aches, headaches - blood tests revealed very low Vitamin D, so was given Vitamin D 6 month program and Naproxin NSAIDs for pains, then 2 weeks later Ramipril 1.25, and told to stop the NSAIDs . My BP was down to 138/86 straight away - but I constantly feel like I am having a panic attack, my heart feels too heavy and feels fluttery? .... My muscular pains are all back, headaches, a small cough, dryness and feeling tonsils are feeling fat... Weird. Glad I found this site, I think the doctor was too quick to prescribe! Going for a second opinion."

AngieDogLady (taken for less than 1 month) December 5, 2016

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Cardiovascular Risk Reduction: "Seems that I am 'Hypersensitive' to the extent that exposure to normal summer sunlight, even with high UV resistant clothing, causes skin pain sometimes so much that I have to stay in the shade. Poor sleep, very low blood pressure and consequent dizziness, loss of balance and poor concentration. This is the effect of only 5mg daily; it is just not acceptable and there are alternatives available."

Taffy T November 11, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For High Blood Pressure: "58 yr old male, good health other than BP...seems to run in one side of my family..tried everything from diet, exercise, alternative meds, supplements, meditation....All helped a little but not enough. 140/90 (morning) to 160/100 (evening) readings before 2.5mg Ramipril per day...within days readings dropped by about 15 points across the board. I was taking 5mg of lisinipril for a month but Doc changed med due to the many side effects and less effective to lower BP. I have very few side effects from Ramipril vs lisinipril... The cough, dry throat, chest phlegm thing is still present but more tolerable. An additional change has been the more diuretic effect of Ramipril on me which may be resulting in the lower readings overall.."

Skip Dideo October 23, 2016

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Altace (ramipril) for High Blood Pressure: "The only side effect is the cough, other than that, I tolerate it perfectly with no other side effects."

DoloresB October 23, 2016

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For High Blood Pressure: "been on ramipril for past 8 months and also taking felodipine. Before medication my blood average bp was 160/80 now it's 110/50. I'm not having any side effects either. Took about 1 week for it to become effective."

Luke2014 October 15, 2016

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For High Blood Pressure: "6'1 220lb man. Took first dose of ramipril before bed last night, 2.5mg. Didn't sleep very well. Took blood pressure reading after coffee in the morning........124/76. WOW 1 dose. Normally 140/90. Will start taking first thing in morning because of sleep issues."

mmcubb (taken for less than 1 month) September 8, 2016

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For High Blood Pressure: "I have had fibomyalgia for 20 years, I had become so ill l with it all, and with zero mobility, my weight had raised to 23 stone. A new doctor tried Ramipril on me and has been a miracle from above, have improved mobility and it made me loose my appetite and have lost two stones in 3 months."

PjC777 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 28, 2016

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Cardiovascular Risk Reduction: "I have had two heart attacks (one never knew I'd had). The second one did know about it and taking 10mg Ramipril as well as other drugs as preventative measure to further cardiac events. I never had high BP, but now it's too low according to some professionals, and normal to others 110/60. Downside: I have to be careful when standing too quickly, if I look up I can lose my balance, I sweat more, I have constant dry mouth, and need to hydrate more. I can't seem to get a good night's sleep am constantly waking and fidgeting, I have developed tinnitus, biggest down side through lack of sleep I can't wake up and feel drugged when I do. Upside: Most of these side effects are documented so I put up with them as the opposite is unthinkable."

LittleM June 12, 2016

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For High Blood Pressure: "I took the tablets 10mg a day for six months. They didn't lower the bottom number on my BP reading, I also developed a cough."

Loo yolk June 1, 2016

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For High Blood Pressure: "I took this for a very short time after a beta blocker slowed my heart too much. My throat almost immediately began to close up, but angioedema related to ACE Inhibitors is not treatable with antihistamines or cortisteroids. After benadryl and a cortisone shot didn't help, I finally started researching and realized it is a not so uncommon occurrence with ACE Inhibitors. Finally realized my throat and ear were closing up from this med. Also HORRIBLE gagging cough and bad burning in chest. Really bad drug. I'd like to see better warnings... Once I stopped taking it I got better almost immediately. Took a week for my throat swelling to go down completely. scary."

MoreBubbles (taken for less than 1 month) May 5, 2016

25 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For High Blood Pressure: "Was diagnosed 5 weeks ago when a general health check saw my b.p was 210/76. I was put on amlopidine 10mg for the first 2 weeks with little improvement and now I am also taking ramidil 2.5mg, been taking for 4 days and b.p has dropped to 153/70. side effects are a dull headache and feeling exhausted but have been assured this is only temporary"

DiddyDi April 27, 2016

19 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For High Blood Pressure: "Like some other reviews of this product I took Ramipril and experienced the following side effects Mouth so dry that it was difficult to swallow Headache Stomach ache Strange looking eyes, just felt very odd Shaky Tingly tongue Short of breath Acidic Hot but clammy Fidgety, restless, couldn't sleep Could feel and hear when resting, my heart beating really fast Awful feeling, stopped taking and have now been given Amlodipine which I will take today for the first time"

SH197839 April 12, 2016

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For High Blood Pressure: "I have been on 10mg ramipril and 4mg doxazosin for some 10 years, have periods of low BP which result in fainting, also severe ED problems and night sweats plus joint pain. Have now weaned off the meds completely by diet and excercise (lost 4 stone) and am maintaining good BP reading, the side effects have all gone and I feel 10 years younger. I know this is partly weight lose/better diet but also feel the meds where in fact slowly killing me."

essexone (taken for 10 years or more) April 9, 2016

23 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For High Blood Pressure: "A 24 hour blood pressure monitored showed my average reading to be 158/95, during the course of the day my reading spiked over 200. Within three weeks of starting Ramipril (starting on 2.5 then raised to 5mg) my readings have been 140/84, 130/80 and 144/84. Ramipril seems to be working great, only negative is constant dull headache."

hate pills April 8, 2016

26 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For High Blood Pressure: "Taken for 2 months. Hate it. Side effects are awful :( HEADACHE, LOSS OF ENERGY, BONE/JOINT PAIN, RINGING IN EARS, NUMBNESS/TINGLING OF HANDS and TOES, LIGHT HEADED, CONFUSION, VISUAL ISSUES, SENSITIVITY TO LIGHT, COUGH, MUSCLE PAIN,STOMACH ACHE, TOO MUCH TO LIST. Does bring pressure down but may not last 24 hours. After 3 weeks my bp was finally lower than 140/90 in the mornings. Next appointment I'm off this drug. Can't take it :("

MsDebbie March 11, 2016

37 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For High Blood Pressure: "I was on this drug for 6 months, prior to this I took AMLODIPINE for 7 months. Although my blood pressure was reduced to normal, my experiences are as follows: postural hypotension - felt terrible; the full works. diarrhoea, gastrointestinal inflammation, digestive disturbances, abdominal discomfort, constipation Nausea Glossitis Fatigue, tinnitus Cough, nonproductive tickling cough, cough increased, plus mucus cough dyspnea Confusional state disturbance in attention Maculopapular rash decreased appetite Muscle spasm - shakes Pharangitis earache bleeding gums on cleaning thickened mucous dry nose scabby and bleeding reduced urination increase in heartburn lump in throat sleeping for 25 hours at at time. Breathing is so bad now have COPD"

Gillyannie March 7, 2016

30 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For High Blood Pressure: "Helped bring down high blood pressure in a short time on maintenance dose of 1.25mg but caused unbelievable itch"

Mysterylass (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 9, 2016

22 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For High Blood Pressure: "Hi I've been on ramapril for a year now had a headache for 2 weeks went to see nurse said I had high bp was put on 2.5mg all was good for 3 months when dreaded headache returned for 2 weeks was put up to 5mg and just before Xmas again headaches returned I'm now on 10mg and my bp the other day was still 167/102 which for 30 years old is high I'm being monitored but I am on a course of steroids for eczama so could be that why hasn't lowered but the ramapril is great had no side effects at all"

Mummyof4 January 13, 2016

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For High Blood Pressure: "After started taking medication I have dry cough, chast heaviness and ED. Even when my primary doctor said it has no side effects"

Vbtea (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 1, 2016

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For High Blood Pressure: "BP was 170/100... after just a couple days it was 130/80... no side effects.... real life saver"

craig74! November 18, 2015

36 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For High Blood Pressure: "I am diabetic following pancreatitis. Ramipril has lowered my blood pressure from around 145/90 to around 135/85 in just a weeks or so, but as soon as I started taking it I started having a lot of hypos. I have had to reduce my doses of Levemir from 18 units twice a day to 12 units twice a day. No other side effects."

The Scribbler October 10, 2015

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Heart Failure: "I found this medicine remapril caused me excessive itching so much that I ended up with sores on my backside. I also found I was unable to leave my home because of the frequent accidents I was having. Diahorria. I stopped taking the tablet and all is well again. I was surprised by my Doctors reaction when I asked for an alternative tablet. He told me it was alright to stop and didn't offer any alternative. This is puzzling after having read why the tablet was prescribed in the first place"

tirade03 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 27, 2015