User Reviews for Quetiapine (Page 7)

Also known as: Seroquel, Seroquel XR

Learn more about Quetiapine.

Intermittent Explosive Disorder 2 reviews 0 medications

Major Depressive Disorder 21 reviews 46 medications

5.6
Summary of Quetiapine reviews 1079 reviews 7.3

Reviews for Quetiapine

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "Hi all! I'm diagnosed with PTSD and bipolar type 1. After my most recent manic episode I crashed into the worst depression and extreme anxiety I've ever experienced. I was tried on the usual antipsychotics and had dangerous side effects from all of them except Seroquel. For years and years I've had extreme insomnia. I was started on Seroquel (300mg) for sleep about 6 months and it was immediately effective. I love being able to sleep, but I'm sleeping 10 hours. I'd like to try to cut back a little and see if I can get to 8-9 hrs/night. My psychiatrist tells me I'm not just taking it for sleep, but for the bipolar itself. I'm still not back to my usual self due to lack of interest in anything. Hopefully I'll soon be better!"

MissieRae (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 29, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "I was scared to death to take this medication after four years tapering off of ssri's and benzos but I struggled for four months on two hours or less of sleep each night and finally broke down because my health was failing from the stress of ongoing insomnia. I use 50mg right before bed and I sleep six to eight hours. I have horrible nightmares but I had them even when on no medication. I have daytime side effects of weakness and slight dizziness. I also feel less anxiety but I feel sort of dead inside and no longer smile or laugh. Which, believe it or not I still managed at times with no medication and only two hours of sleep! I am going to continue with this medication for a couple of months and then taper it down if possible."

Littlebroken (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 28, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Borderline Personality Disorder: "Taking it for Borderline Personality Disorder/Emotionally unstable personality disorder(EUPD). An effective mood stabilizer and helps with paranoia and occasional psychosis. The drowsy side effect has helped with my insomnia as my sleep was awful. I'm on 300mg at night. The other side effects are a pain though. I've put on 4-5 stone (56/70 lbs I believe) at least, whilst I've been on these possibly from the munchies it gives me but I'm sure it's altered my metabolism.. After taking the dose, my nose blocks up completely. I have to use a nose spray every night. My heart pounds and I get restless legs and arms. It feels like something tickling them on the inside. I always feel drowsy in the mornings but that is to be expected."

kas80 December 27, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "Caused excessive weight gain (60+lbs) very quickly (despite me eating LESS), caused a weird decrease in cognitive ability, higher blood pressure (I already have hypertension, thanks), elevated blood sugar levels and probably other things I'm forgetting... I've been put on this against my will repeatedly because it's a Medicaid favored drug in my state, but it DOES NOT WORK FOR ME. I still have Medicaid but go to a private pay shrink because he listens."

espresso_dreams (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 27, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "Prescribed by shrink for insomnia and anxiety when was having a terrible time trying to get off benzos. Has worked very well albeit I have stuck on same dose of benzodiazepines on advice , ie not come down any more. It's great for going to sleep and not waking up at 4 am worried about stuff. Yes it makes you a bit drowsy and you do eat more . It reminds me of the munchies. Best thing is just to go to bed. I wanted to say though that the dose is critical. For sleep dose very low. I take 12.5 mg . I went up to 25mg and was a zombie it was horrible. If you have a shitty time try halving t he dose. I know it does different things at different levels and maybe if you took a whole lot more then it would work in a different way ."

Tedium December 24, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression: "I been on this med for 3 weeks, and feel much better but in constant fear of weight gain ."

abica December 21, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Borderline Personality Disorder: "Quitiapine turned my anxiety into anger and severe suicidal ideas. Anxiety turned into anger and made me act badly toward my family Although I stopped quetiapine 4 months ago, and these symptoms have mostly disappeared, I still have to deal with child protection services and similar legal issues. If your doctor prescribes this, be VERY careful and notice any sign of negative change."

Hedonink (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 21, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "I have been on this medication for about a week now. I am a type 1 diabetic. My sugars are extremely on the high side. It was like overnight it raised my sugars terrible. It has the complete opposite affect, my mind races. I pace , no sleep for me. So I think I need to be done with this. The not taking it verses the side effects. And I don't need this. So diabetics beware."

Diabetic 52 (taken for less than 1 month) December 20, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "This is a zombie drug."

Zombie666 December 17, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "This has been a lifesaver for me! It's the first thing that has worked for me and I've been taking 25 mg per day for about 3 weeks without ANY ill side effects."

Georgia girl 22 December 12, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "I scarcely leave reviews but I feel compelled to give credit where it is due. I have fought insomnia, anxiety, depression, and a myriad of everything in between for the past 8 years. This has completely changed the game and given me my life back. I can sleep again! I haven't gained any weight in fact I have shed a few pounds due to feeling so amazing and having the energy and wherewithal to get out of bed and tackle my day. I know it doesn't work for everyone but I seriously have tried EVERYTHING- benzos, SSRI, tricyclics, natural, counseling, inpatient rehab. Seroquil wins hands down as it conquers my insomnia which is my worst trait. I noticed a little bit of a short temper at first but that has subsided."

HenricusRexVIII (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 10, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder: "Been on it for about 1 1/2 years for insomnia and mood swings (bipolar 2) Tried a few other drugs but this one works best. I have gained weight but I am a calmer, happier person on it. My sleep schedule has settled over time. Initially I slept too much (10 + hrs) or was tired during day. Settled finally on 2 generic Seroquel XR50's about 3-4 hrs before bed and that works pretty good for me. Don't know why it takes that long to kick in but it works so I don't care about why."

Patty May (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 8, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "I have crps I developed after 2 major shoulder and bicep surgeries in less then 3 months. I am on fentanyl patches, oxycodone, topamax, baclofen and cymbalta for pain. I was taking ambien at night to sleep. It was giving me 4 hours of restful peaceful sleep if i did not move. ( Moving my shoulder causes severe pain). Dr. was concerned about the sleep walking caused by ambien. She wanted me to try this I have had horrible nights, a terrible drugged feeling. I am aware the world exists all hours of the night. It is causing headaches in my front forehead area. The headache hangs on till well after lunch most days. I actually decided last night I would rather deal with my pain 24 hours a day with no relief then deal with the effects."

Poohbare (taken for less than 1 month) December 8, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "I have had PTSD since age 9. I am a severe abuse and torture survivor of 14 years of daily abuse and torture. I tried many medications but this one for me is a life saver. I've had so many anxiety attacks (like heart attacks but not fatal) that my heart is covered in scar tissue. Quetiapine (Seroquil), has stopped a lot of my issues and made me calmer. It's extending my life. I'm thankful for that."

Vegon Brei December 3, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "So I've jut begun the seriquel drug to treat apparent Bipolar disorder, This drug has 110% assisted in my sleeping but thats also the issue, See I HATE sleeping through the day, but since taking this drug every night around 8:30pm I cannot seem to stay awake all day im either EXTREMELY tired and drowsy sleeping, or I am EXTREMELY hungry, I cannot seem to stop my appetite, I have also noticed a strong increase in my aggressiveness I am usually a very calm person, however I have found myself getting angry and or sad at very little, I am contributing this to my current state of drowsiness, however even after a 18 hour shift at work i usually dont get angry, Now this is purely my opinion and my experience and I am yet to speak with my GP"

Rushby December 1, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Borderline Personality Disorder: "My daughter was prescribed this dreadful drug by a supposedly Consultant psychiatrist. Her weight doubled in just over a year. This drug gives you suicidal thoughts and my daughter committed suicide on 16th November 2016. Reading her suicide note was heartbreaking. The Seroquel never helped her in any way so she tried to come off them and the withdrawal effects were horrendous.I believe that her mental condition got worse when she was on this drug. I would never recommend this medicatiion to anyone. I live in the UK."

Ingerlisa December 1, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "That Seroquel "XR" works so fantastically well for my severe GAD/Social Anxiety comes as a surprise to me. I was hesitant st first to use an anti-psychotic for this. Turns out that the "XR" version of Seroquel behaves differently, doesn't have the drawbacks of the 'regular' version. I don't become a zombie on Seroquel XR, in fact I take it in the morning & then go about my day. Within a couple of hours or so I feel Calm-As-a-Cucumber, I stop sweating, no more racing thoughts and even my speech improves. And no heavy sedation. But a warm calmness that I would describe as opiate-like. Seroquel XR is a major, major help to me. Thank god for it."

FrankLeeSpeeking (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 30, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Paranoid Disorder: "This medication did not work for my paranoia, anxiety, depression, and delusions. In fact, it made me feel worse. I started to believe more ridiculous things are going on around me. I actually surprisingly lost a little weight but that could be attributed to quitting breastfeeding in the process. I slept really well on this medicine which was helpful with the intrusive thoughts. I had a problem going from 300mg-400mg. The twitching became extreme....especially in my face. I became severely depressed on this medication because my intrusive thoughts started to feel more real. The only perk to this drug was that it increased my libido. I am now starting a new medication. I guess every person is different"

Momwithproblems (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 30, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "I was prescribed this drug at crisis preparation and recovery services in Tempe, Arizona. I was misdiagnosed by her as "bi polar" . While on this medication, alongside with lexapro and klonopin - I gained weight fast and almost suffocated in my sleep. Be careful with this medication, and make sure you see a doctor before considering it - not a louzy nurse practitioner. Although I almost died from the drug, I know that the drug can be used well if the provider knows what they are doing. The NP was not listening to my concerns which should of been red flags,and she was not educated on the subject of medicine enough to prescribe/diagnose. She is now under investigation by the state board and may not be working anymore."

TempeAZ November 28, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "I was in hell before these pills. It's been 2 years I have been using works amazing. Just little down mood morning."

Errol can November 28, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For : "I have been taking seroquel for a couple years and it's the only medication I have found yet that helps my mood swings, insomnia, and tourette syndrome. I have been tried on numerous medications and this is the one for me.."

El1991 November 25, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression: "I take 300mg of serequol xr at night time with antidepressants it puts me to sleep as I wouldn't be able to however I'm knocked out until the morning if I don't take it everyday I get major withdrawals symptoms even if it's on 48 hrs so will be interesting in seeing how I get off it over the next couple of years but has improved sleep and mood"

Teddymack November 24, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "This drug has changed my life, Almost eliminated the obsessive thoughts, still have the occasional bad episode but they have reduced 95%"

Downunderman (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 22, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "Ive had anxiety, panic, and depression for 8 months. Its been Hell. SSRI's are scary to me, and I had a bad experience with one. I searched non SSRI and found Quetiapine, which is the generic Seroquel. I take 25mg during the day, sometimes twice a day, and 1x25mg at night before bed. Helps calm down the anxiety so I can sleep at night, and function at work during the day. No bad side effects. Small doses almost act like a heavy antihistamine. Makes me a little drowsy, but its worth it to be able to function. If your suffering from anxiety, dont be scared to take this medication! Do yourself a favor and just be brave and do it. You will feel better. Nobody wants to take pills, but sometimes enough is enough and we need help."

stout1979 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 21, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression: "I've been on this drug for four years, and I will admit, it did help me out at first. I was deeply depressed and going through some major life changing situations. As this calmed down and I developed spiritually, emotionally and mentally, I gradually decreased the dose. I was on 100mg the first year, the second year, 50mg, the third, 25mg, and the fourth, 12.5mg (cutting the 25mg pill in half.) I just got off of it two days ago, and I feel like a new person. I had no idea how much it tampered with my mind. I was in a fog for FOUR YEARS. Although I'm sleep deprived, achy, and irritable from the withdrawals (this med's withdrawals are heinous) I feel better than I have in four years. I do not recommend this drug- save your mind!"

Elaine_M November 21, 2016