User Reviews for Quetiapine (Page 7)

Also known as: Seroquel, Seroquel XR

Learn more about Quetiapine.

Intermittent Explosive Disorder 2 reviews 0 medications

Major Depressive Disorder 20 reviews 46 medications

5.4
Summary of Quetiapine reviews 1052 reviews 7.3

Reviews for Quetiapine

For Bipolar Disorder: "Knocked me out like a light after an hour and a half of taking it 100mg for a mouth"

Teddy1234 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 16, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I take 600mg at night, the XR slow release version made me very dizzy, so I take the immediate release version. Anxiety is completely gone, I sleep well, and along with the Effexor SSRI I'm back to my normal happy self. It saved my life"

SillyJilly November 14, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder: "Bipolar 2. Seroquel XL 400mg at night for last 5 years. Quetiapine has been great for me. I no longer get any more than slightly hypomanic and don't get depressed at all. My anxiety and paranoia have disappeared altogether. I take it with 75mg venlafaxine 2 hours before bed time and sleep like a log with very little hangover the next day. Side effects - after 2 hours of taking very dry mouth and unsteady on feet, weight gain - put on a stone all round my middle. It is the only medication that has worked for me. The disadvantage is if you need to get up in the night, your tongue sticks to the side of your mouth which makes you slur and you can't think straight."

Sarah(UK) (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 10, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Borderline Personality Disorder: "I recently was admitted to a Psych Ward for a suicide ideation/attempt. I've previously been diagnosed with ADHD and Borderline Personality Disorder. I was taking 70mg Vyvanse 1x a day, 300mg Wellbutrin XR 1x a day in the morning and 20mg of Paxil 1x before bed . The psychiatrist in the hospital discontinued the Paxil and prescribed 100mg Luvox 2x a day and 50mg Seroquel before bed. I've been taking the medication for 9 days. I wake up tired and feel tired the whole day. I also feel jittery but that could be because I drink caffeinated beverages to help stay awake. My Hope is these effects wear off."

Prylux November 9, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "After seven and some odd years as a machine gunner (0331) in the Marine Corps, three deployments, and a purple heart later, i fimd myself very grateful for medications such as seroquel. I am currently prescribed 50mg (1 pill) of seroquel (50mg tablets) a night but usually take take up to 150mg. I will rarely mix it with 400-3200mg (per serv) of gabapentin; Also 20mg of Fluoxotine every morning and 300mg of lithium two tablets a day - quiet the sedating cocktail. Don't necessarily have a specific question - however, i am a veteran and noticed some other on here; so I am curious as to any others experiences with these meds or any like it."

Cpl Gill, USMC RET. 05-12 (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 8, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder: "I take 300mg of XR, have for about two years now: 150 before bed and 150 midday (300 before bed was suppressing REM sleep). It has managed symptoms such as severe suicidal impulses/ideation, however overall I find that it barely sedates me. So I also take 10mg of Maximum strength Melatonin which seems to work in conjunction with the medication to allow me to sleep. Overall it seems to be somewhat effective, although I would like to take a higher dose or switch to another medication, however my doctor wants to eventually taper me off of it completely. Previously I have been unable to afford my medication and went without for 32 or so hours, the withdrawal was HORRIBLE, I felt sick then tried to sleep and couldn't due to severe spins/vertigo."

UWin November 7, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "2 years ago I had anxiety so bad that I would go 4-5 days without eating, I had awful intrusive thoughts and was almost in a constant state of panic, I could not sleep and had issues with early awakening. By the end of it I had suicidal ideations, My doctor first tried Seroquel XR this did not work for me and had me in a constant state of fog and exhaustion then she switched me to seroquel 200mg of a night. After 1 year of being on seroquel I sleep well every night, I no longer have issues with generalised anxiety and feel like a completely different person, nothing bothers me and I am back to being happy go lucky. Yes I have increased appetite but I walk every day and do yoga three times a week so I have not gained any weight whatsoever."

lee lee lou lou (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 5, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "Seroquel did really help me fall asleep in the beginning. Even after that, it helped a lot. The problem is, there's a time period in which the Seroquel works, and you have to fall asleep within that time period, or it's no help that night. I have a lot of trouble because of anxiety as well as general insomnia, and I can't always fall asleep in that time period. My biggest problem with Seroquel is how tired it can make you the next day. I've tried everything-the only thing I've found that works is getting ten hours of sleep."

Owlem (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 30, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "I am having insomnia for ages, sometimes it gets better sometimes worse, depends on how much I am stressed. The subsequent things in my behaviour happen based on how long the insomnia period lasts. I had a very bad period last year-depression with insomnia sleeping for 3-4 hours a night for a couple of months. I almost lost my job because I was not able to focus on anything during the day, just blankly looking at the monitor not understanding what I read. I was put on quetiapine for insomnia, 25mg before going to bed (+valdoxan) and it worked immediately also my colleagues noticed how my behaviour changed. I loved it. When I was back to normal I quit with quetiapine, was sleeping less for 2 weeks and then I was fine."

maybeBipolar (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 27, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression: "I am 65 and have PTSD from the loss of my son. I was prescribed Xanax and Klonipin for a few yrs but they did not deal with the panic attacks that I was experiencing. I cannot take SSRIs due to side effects, so I mentioned the Seroquel to my doctor who said it did have a mild anti depressant effect. I take .25 mg in the morning, and 3 of them at night . No weight gain, I am very active. If anything, my appetite has fallen. I sleep 8 hrs REM sleep and don't really need as much of the xanax or klonipin now. The Seroquel has helped me function greatly and won't allow the panic to set in. So, I am happy with it."

mtb3333 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 26, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Seroquel XR (quetiapine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "been great for me except for the weight gain , I just want to eat all the time"

Shazza Hall October 23, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Seroquel XR (quetiapine) for Schizoaffective Disorder: "Hi I'm taking seroquel XR 400mg.it all started last winter with my psychosis episode. I went a bit manic,anexity,depression.wont get into details. I went in mental hospital for 2 months,there is where i started taking seroquel. to be honest 1st 2 weeks i have been vomiting every single night,had dizzines so hard that I had to hold walls while walking down the hallway.Its fine because at that point I didn't know if its just a bad dream or reality.after period of let's say 2 months I got much better.still i was feeling like my emotions, vocabularity, thought's was really in bad condition. as time passes I got used to it (im using it for 10months now.) DONT DO COLD TURKEY!!!"

sin47 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 23, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "I read all posts regarding Seroquel which, for the large majority, seems to provide good measure for treatment of insomnia. I will admit that after reading the posts, I am envious. Seroquel was prescribed for me because for the last 4 months I have only been able to sleep 2 hours/night. The 2 hours are divided in 2 separate incriminates. I take 400 mg. (highest dose allowed) before bedtime. Most unfortunately, Seroquel has provided me NO benefit. Will talk to my physician to see if there is something else that will help not only to induce sleep, but to be able to wake up hours after sleeping, rather than 1 hour twice nightly."

HighlyTolerant October 23, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "I was put on Seroquel (and now take Quetiapine) for insomnia when I was in a drug rehab about 10 years ago. It has been a life saver. They put me on this drug specifically because it is not addictive. It works fantastic for me. There are few drugs that assist with sleep that are not addictive and this is supposed to be one of them. I have fought insomnia all my life and searching for sleep landed me in rehab. Xanax, Valium, Ambien, Lunestra, and other Benzos, got me nowhere fast because of tolerance. The other non-addictive drugs I tried (melatonin, other herbs) were useless. For me, Seroquel works perfectly and with no side effects for sleep - but most importantly, I DIDNT BUILD UP A TOLERANCE AND I DIDNT GET HIGH. God Bless."

JMH321 October 20, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Schizophrenia: "I am using quetiapine 200 MG every day for about two years, and I experienced headaches after one year of consumption once or twice a week I guess it was migraine. And an increase in sweating. Should I keep taking my medicine?"

Piran (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 19, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "A word of caution. I've noticed how positive these reviews tend to be. You should look-up the withdrawal effects when coming of this drug. I've been on and off medication for the last 20 years. When I came of efexor 15 years ago I couldn't walk for three days. But that was nothing compared to seroquel. And it takes 90 days for the withdrawal effects to begin to wear off. Seriously, before taking this drug you need to do some research. I would STRONGLY advise you to find another drug."

Raistlinson October 19, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "I've been taking this medication for about 6 months at 50mg a night to help with sleep. Honestly, I have had 0 side effects and have experienced no weight gain or any extra urges to eat at night. This medication has a tendency to increase your appetite, or as I like to refer to as, "the munchies." However, I don't think this is something you need to worry about as long as you are aware of this possibility. Just be mindful and don't go to bed starving before you take it! I think it's clear that some people react well to seroquel and others react horribly... which is normal for all medications. Trial and error!"

Annie M (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 18, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "I was prescribed it for my Borderline Personality Disorser and I find it definitely addictive in a way of sleep! I have become dependent on it due to its sedative values (which really does help if u struggle with insomnia, major anxiety at night and racing thoughts when alone) however I don't feel it has calmed or helped any other aspects of the disorder it just allows me to sleep. there is no magic pill but this I feel normally would work better along side therapy and perhaps other meds for different aspects. as a lone medication I haven't found it overly productive other than I already specified."

dalts (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 18, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder: "I've been on this medication for about 9 years for Bipolar, even after all that time i still suffer from the exhaustion i NEED to sleep 12 hrs every night any less and a few days later i have to sleep for 14 to 16 hrs to catch up so it pretty much rules my life in a bad way but it has more or less stopped the manic [has or at least made them less severe, dosn;t help with depression. After six years off work I'm trying to go back but everything has to be planned around taking quetiapine, i can't drive after taking it and i need to take it about five hrs before i want to sleep so nights out are a no no as i'm too groggy the next day. If i miss a dose i literally cannot sleep, my jaw tightens and i get anxious, i take 600mg"

sleepyhead1111111 October 15, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Seroquel XR (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "My diagnosis is Bipolar one. I have been on Serequel XR for 3 years now. I have been stable for one year which is amazing. I am very lucky that this medication works really well for me. For the first few months or so it increased my appetite and I was fairly sedated throughout the day. As I adjusted to the medication this wore off. I now function better than I ever have. Suicidal thoughts are pretty much all gone, and when they do come, they pass. Have not had any depression, and only slightly concerning elevated moods (which happen rarely.) This drug prevents me from psychosis and for that I am extremely thankful. I am on 600mg once at night. UK resident."

ThimbleCat October 13, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "quetiapine changed my life for the better concerning my bipolar disorder. Making my mood swings less severe , and insomnia . The only major drawback to this is you become completely dependent on it for being able to fall asleep . It's almost like an addiction. My doctor tried tapering me off it once and it was a nightmare. So, in the end I am still taking it. I am curious if anyone feels dependent or "addicted""

Thiscouldbe_heartbreak16 (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 12, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression: "I've been on this for a few weeks for insomnia. It is TERRIBLE. It gives me a severe headache every morning and has made my depression increase threefold. I absolutely hate this medication. It has actually made me feel more mentally unstable."

Deanne marie October 12, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Borderline Personality Disorder: "I really have a love/ hate relationship with Quetiapine. Here goes... Love- keeps moods stable, helps with my psychosis and disassociation linked to Bipolar and EUPD. I feel like it keeps my more volatile mood swings back and helps me to be calm in situations I would ordinarily struggle with. Hate- Man, it makes me eat. I've been on it for 9 months and I've put on just over 2 stone. I hate being this heavy but it seems no amount of gym sessions (I'm extremely physically fit but can't loose the weight) and diets help. Every night I go the fridge after I've taken 200mg of it. It also makes me super tired and I REALLY struggle to get up in the morning. I also feel like I'm trapped in a cycle- if I come off it, my moods are awful."

CharlieTD (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 6, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Seroquel XR (quetiapine) for Depression: "I am diagnosed with borderline personality disorder with psychotic features. I was put in intensive out patient care after going to the Emergency Room for intense auditory hallucinations that were so malicious I feared for my own life. Lost my job and everything. Seroquel has given me hope as well as lorazepam for my anxiety. To me seroquel is a miracle drug for its antipsychotic features as well as depression. I'm having to up the dosage lately because my voices are creeping back in. Searching for further pychiactric help but right now I'm stable and I thought that would be impossible. Sharing a good experience. Thanks for reading."

Keylimeisbomb (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 5, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder: "Ive been taking Seroquel/quetiapine for about 4 months now and I feel its definately helped with controlling hypomania as well as helping me to control anxiety. Also, I can keep to a regular sleeping schedule now! I HAVE LOST WEIGHT since starting to take quetiapine, and I have absolutely no appetite. Before taking this drug, I was scared I'd gain weight (like most people) but it just didnt happen. Rather, I need to remind myself to eat a little throughout the day or I'll have no energy because I just dont feel like eating period. One more thing: I felt too sleepy to drive after taking my a.m. dose, but after a couple of months the a.m. dose doesn't make me feel too sleepy anymore. I feel better in general."

JennTakingQuetiapine October 2, 2016