User Reviews for Quetiapine (Page 7)

Also known as: Seroquel, Seroquel XR

Learn more about Quetiapine.

Intermittent Explosive Disorder 2 reviews 0 medications

Major Depressive Disorder 16 reviews 46 medications

5.4
Summary of Quetiapine reviews 858 reviews 7.5

Reviews for Quetiapine

Seroquel (quetiapine) for : "I'm 47 and have severe insomnia associated with Young Onset Parkinson's. Normally I take stilnox/Ambien nightly for sleep but recently I went through a 2 month period when the Ambien was not working effectively so my doctor gave me this stuff...It gave me the worst, most vivid nightmares I can ever remember having. Thankfully the Ambien is back to working so I won't be taking this horrendous stuff ever again.....If you have Parkinson's, I would definitely just say no to seroguel as I have talked to several other Parkinson's patients that have had a bad time with it."

Draco2023a (taken for less than 1 month) January 13, 2016

For Insomnia: "I have been on Quetiaphine for sleep for 5 weeks now and I have been sleeping great! I have had no side effects except the first 2 days it took a while to get out of my system in the late morning early to early afternoon, now just a good nights sleep and refreshed and ready to go first thing in the morning. I have severe sleep issue this has been a life saver along with escitalopram for depression/anxiety."

Brenda V January 13, 2016

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "Misdiagnosed as bipolar when it was GAD. Weaned myself off after severe blood pressure and white blood cell drops. Dr. refused to help me stop this drug and refused to change diagnosis. I weaned myself off - it took almost 3 mos. it's been over a year and my sleep pattern has been destroyed. New doctor has me on Trazadone - 250mg, which I took in the past. Now the Trazadone only keeps me asleep 3-4 hours. White blood cell count and blood pressure have normalized. "

M-Li January 10, 2016

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Schizophrenia: "I've been taking seroquel for 17 years . I am diagnosed as schizophrenic but for the last 10 years I have had very little symptoms. After 6 years of being shifted from one med to another all of which made me feel awful, made me put on weight and had no effect on my condition.I was happy to be put on seroquel purely because I felt normal but still had very little effect on my symptoms. I was very reluctant to change meds again so stuck with it . I had my energy back and was getting out exercising and started to loose the weight I'd put on . The schizophrenia was still there but at least I was getting a break from just sitting there with it. It took a while but after 2-3 years the symptoms started to decrease and just kept on decreasing ."

Bazzzaaa1 (taken for 10 years or more) January 4, 2016

Seroquel XR (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "I was on citolopram (celexa), lithium 1250 mg daily and olanzapine 20 mg and a lot of benzos. A state run mental health clinic opened in a local town so I stopped seeing the private psychiatrist and started to attend the public clinic. The psychiatrist was revolutionary. She immediately stopped the anti-depressant because it was elevating mood into mania. She dropped lithium to one dose at night to aid kidney wear and tear. She stopped olanzapine because I was still having mild persistent psychosis and put me on 800mg of quetiapine (seroquel). The first week was tough I was very nauseous and sleepy but once my body adjusted it was much better. The mix of quetiapine and lithium is really working for me."

mrsnowe (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 4, 2016

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "Last year I was put on Effexor for anxiety and ended up becoming manic. The doctor in the ER put me on this and Epival to stop the rapid cycling mania. Now that I have it under control, they removed the Epival but kept me on this for my extreme anxiety. I take 600mgs at night, it is a pretty high dose, but the higher the dose with this med , the less sedating it is believe it or not. It has been a life saver, yes, the first month was tough, I would wake up slurring my words and very confused, but now after 5 months it works great. I have no gained much weight from it, around 15lbs, which I needed as I was severely underweight . I am very happy with this medication, it calms my ADD and my anxiety."

Anon112233 January 3, 2016

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Schizophrenia: "I've been taking this drug for a few months I'm on a very high dose (800mg). I was finding on lower doses my paranoia was overwhelming and my depression was getting to the suicidal point. Now I'm on a higher dose I'm like a zombie, lack of motivation in everything I do. For me personally, I do not think its the right drug for me but everyone takes to medications differently"

English friend (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 2, 2016

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Schizoaffective Disorder: "I have a complicated relationship with this drug. On one hand, I've been on everything for depression (specifically), and nothing helped. I'm talking like 20 medications here, so it's been a rollercoaster. most antidepressants were useless for me and the time period for effectiveness is usually over 1 month. Seroquel usually takes 2 weeks to start having an effect. It works for my depression - but I'm sedated and have to sleep a lot. Being a student can make this challenging. shift work and the like would be hard too. It's my last bet for now because I literally start to crumble to psychosis without it. However it is debilitating and feels restrictive. Beats the psych ward I guess. good luck and keep trying, sometimes it takes a while."

Rayacccc December 31, 2015

For Insomnia: "I had insomnia due to severe itchy skin from Hodgkin's disease. All of the prescription sleeping pills I had tried either didn't work or made me feel like a zombie the next day. I was barely managing life when a Dr suggested 25mg of Quetiapine nightly, and it has been life changing! It takes me about half an hour to fall asleep and I sleep soundly for 8-9hrs and wake up feeling like I had a good nights sleep. At first I had very vivid strange dreams but after a few months I adjusted. I did feel an increase of appetite and gained about 5lbs in the first 3 minutes this but then that side effect stopped as well. I have been able to reduce my dose to 6.5mg (I have to cut the pill into quarters) and sleep just as well on that ammount."

SarahTheBrave December 29, 2015

Seroquel XR (quetiapine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I'm currently taking 150mg seroquel XR along with 45mg Remeron for MDD I take them both at night, To help with my sleep. It also is to help my anxiety disorder. I've noticed that I am less depressed and anxious, But that's only because I'm so depersonalised I can't focus on my surroundings, Let alone my anxiety I constantly feel stuck in a dream-like state and I can't focus. Even as I write this I'm struggling to find the words,and describe how I feel, Because I don't feel much of anything I haven't had many other side effects, even when I drastically increased the dose All in all, It technically does help, But this is no way to live"

Haley_1182 December 28, 2015

For Insomnia: "I have been on this medication for 4 months now and it has been awesome. I struggle with depression, anxiety, ADHD and severe insomnia. I started taking 20mg of lexapro for depression, 50-100mg of seroquel for sleep and 50mg of vyvanse for my ADHD. This combination is prefect for me. I sleep well and have super vivid dreams (good and bad) I do tend to get the munchies after I take seroquel, but the vyvanse is an appetite suppressant so my weight is steady. It all just depends how your body responds to this drug. Some can take it, others can't. Gotta find out for yourself."

Anonymous December 28, 2015

For Insomnia: "Seroquel at 37.5mg does help with sleep. But be mindful this is not a drug to take in the morning. I have been reading reviews on here where people are taking this drug in the morning. You are going to sleepy and sluggish. Do not do it. A low does of anything under 50mg will help you sleep. Anything over that and you will be tired the day and sluggish."

Nyomi (taken for less than 1 month) December 27, 2015

Seroquel XR (quetiapine) for Depression: "I've been on Venlafaxine 300mg along with Quetiapine, Mirtazapine and Pregabalin for Major Depression for around 7 years.Augmentation therapy works for me. It's not perfect, but this level of Venlafaxine along with the other meds has kept me alive. I'm not getting better, but I'm certainly more stable and not going downhill and not suicidal. So in conclusion, don't be scared of meds, they may just save your life."

robbieMac (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 24, 2015

For Insomnia: "Been taking this for insomnia since I was around 16 (I'm 22 now). I've had to make some minor adjustments due to side effects from other meds, but take 50-100 mg nightly. It knocks me out for sure, but it can leave me feeling too drowsy in the morning. I find myself night eating from this medication which isn't ideal, and I am completely addicted to it."

Ashblake December 23, 2015

Seroquel XR (quetiapine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "Absolutely amazing drug. Has quite literally saved my life. Pity I need to lie to the Australian government about having bipolar to get it prescribed. No doubt this is stopping many thousands of Australians from getting access to it. Seriously. I went from suicidal for several months to absolutely normal in one dose. One dose. Talk to your doctor about this if anti depressants are not working for you. Understand it may require you to lie about having bipolar."

BelindaAUS (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 22, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder: "I have used this medication in the past with very good results. In fact, I felt so good, I stopped taking it. It took a few months, but my symptoms came back. I was prescribed this medication for bipolar disorder, rapid cycle depression. I recently found myself with extreme panic, agoraphobia and I've been going from elated to depressed every few hours. I resumed the medication @25mg. At night and even the next morning my symptoms abated from a 10 to a 5. This medication takes several weeks to exhibit it's full potential, so if the drowsiness is a side effect you can live with for a month or so, then quetiapine may be for you."

Edward702 (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 21, 2015

For Insomnia: "I have insomnia, and was told that this drug would knock me out and help me sleep. Well, it did. For 3 hours. After I woke up with my heart pounding out of my chest and barely able to move. Dry mouth, so I attempted to go get some water from the kitchen. Collapsed and couldn't move after 3 steps. I'm only 21 by the way. I was able to walk after 14 hours and the side effects like, depression, anxiety, and suicidal thoughts passed after two days. Then I was back to normal. This drug is poison. I have been through alcohol withdrawal and would take that over one single day of seroquel."

Eric94 (taken for less than 1 month) December 21, 2015

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "Been on 25mg twice a day for 3 weeks and not much of an effect except drowsy. Certainly helps with sleep and I kind of feel like it numbs me down a little bit. Still willing to keep trying but doesn't compare to Benzos."

coxysmelons (taken for less than 1 month) December 19, 2015

For Insomnia: "You owe it yourself to give this medication a chance. Been dealing with insomnia for 10 yrs. Then last year my little brother killed two people and committed suicide. My anxiety, depression, insomnia went into overdrive. No meds worked. Was prescribed 50 mg of generic Seroquel. If you've had insomnia for years, nothing is going to work the first night. You're worked up about the insomnia and so desperate for the pill to work that of course it's going to be a night from hell. That led to a rocky 2nd night. Night 3 I slept great! It takes 2 1/2 hrs for onset. I owe my life to this medication. If you have the kind of insomnia that is near psychosis please give this medication a real chance. You do not have to suffer anymore. Sweet dreams."

KPMC (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 18, 2015

For Borderline Personality Disorder: "I have been on Seroquel (75 mg, with 75 mg of Zoloft) for 2 months now. It's the only thing thats completely managed mood swings (along with weekly DBT therapy). I have PTSD, anxiety, depression, and an eating disorder. I'm on Seroquel for mood swings. It's helped me sleep through the night and feeling refeshed in the morning. Weight gain was not a problem for me, but the headaches when I first started taking it (within the first week) were excruciatingly painful."

Tina Belcher December 18, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder: "Only given short term while under section in a mental health ward, but in combination with Olanzapine bought me back from suicidal areas. The only issue I had with it was I felt I was getting dehydrated more than normal."

SamHKz (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 12, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder: "I use this as needed. My pyc has agreed to this to reduce manic moods. If you monitor your mood you can catch it and use this as when needed. I think mega high doses taken each day is asking for serious trouble from TD or diabetes. I take a mood stabilizer each day to push the mood up."

Anonymous December 7, 2015

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "Prescribed 25 mg off label to take for insomnia when required. I had had them for weeks and not taken them but gave in last night after a rough week. Took 25 mg at 2230 fell asleep within 40 minutes, slept until 0930. Woke 3 times but back to sleep straight away. 1100 am now and feel sedated and spaced out, not refreshed like I've had a good sleep. Not going to make a habit of taking these, just have a break now then from intense tiredness and being up all night."

donkeykong50 December 6, 2015

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "Hi, I am a veteran of Iraq and have been struggling with PTSD since I got out. I have also bipolar disorder and was thinking about suicide a lot. I will tell you one thing, this medication (forgetting the weight gain) have saved my life! I feel completely normal, of course I am not taking it by itself. I take another mood stabilizer and a antidepressant with it. Right now I take 3 doses of 100 mg daily and I feel normal again!! This medication is just great!"

Airborne Scout (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 5, 2015

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "This drug has been a life saver from my anxiety and insomnia. Maybe there's a few minor side effects drowsiness being the worst but I take 25mg at night and can finally sleep, the first couple days were pretty rough heart pounding and felt like a zombie but as time goes on that seems to be subsiding I have a bit of an eating disorder and serequel helps me with eating I don't mind gaining a few pounds on this drug considering I was a 110 pound 20 year old man this drug saved me life took me out of a deep depression stage and helped with my anxiety, other drugs I tried and didn't work, ativan, xanax, clonazepam, clorazapate, Valium, buspar, nozinan, zoloft, mirtazapine (don't ever take this drug gave me seizures), prozac, and many others serequel has worked wonders for me"

Averis (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 5, 2015