User Reviews for Quetiapine (Page 7)

Also known as: Seroquel, Seroquel XR

Learn more about Quetiapine.

Intermittent Explosive Disorder 2 reviews 0 medications

Major Depressive Disorder 19 reviews 46 medications

5.6
Summary of Quetiapine reviews 1012 reviews 7.3

Reviews for Quetiapine

Seroquel XR (quetiapine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "1200mg xr per day worked and stopped my mental process enough to pave the road to recovery. I developed arthritis in both hands and the most savage ADDICTION ever known to man i was now facing. I have now stopped compleatly and all the words and reviews can never prepare you for such an experience. I took the cold turky approach and 3 months of violent withdrawls i have stayed clear. I WOULD RECOMMEND OTHER TREATMENTS BEFORE THIS AS A LAST RESORT. It saved my life but at what cost. I still have mental health issues amd arthritis but i quickly get on with my day when i realise i could be back taking them."

Dave's truth.. (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 9, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bipolar Disorder: "I took just 25mg and I felt awful -stomach, pain, headache and weaknesses. I had problem with falling a sleep and when I did I had nightmares. In the morning couldn't get up, spend all my day in bed with muscles pain and headache. But the worse was feeling irritated and restless, I felt really down and depressed I even had the thoughts of hurting myself...shame because I had a lot of hopes with it:-(. This meds is not for me..."

Lu125 September 8, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Schizophrenia: "I was prescribed Seroquel for PTSD. Never again. 25 mg, I had the worst panic attack if my life, I could barely walk, but I was so scared I kept trying to run around. It was horrible. I went absolutely crazy then passed out hard. Not my kind of medication. My mother inlaw takes 250 mg a day for schizophrenia, she has for six months now, so far it is not helping her delusions, hallucinations, paranoia. She was told to take it at supper time and seemed drunk and sedated all evening. She now takes it at bed time but it is not helping her. :("

Meghan1987bezanso September 4, 2016

19 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia: "Years ago I had clinical depression which I over cane with horrible anti deppresants and cognitive thoght therapy the only thing I now take is 25mg quiet a pine to conquer Iinsomnia it works great even if I take it at midnight I can get up at 6.30am with no lag. I've been taking it for about 5 years now no weight gain I actually lost 10 kgs tin the past year. I stopped for six months or more but was only sleeping a few hours a night with out it"

Dougbulldig August 31, 2016

25 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "Excellent even at 12.5 dose,--need to split a 25mg tab in half, which is nearly impossible with some generics. I wish they'd make a lower dose. Have never taken a stronger dose for fear of over-sedation, though I get accustomed to the low dose quickly. A godsend. I highly recommend it."

jonnyboyfrom boston August 31, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bipolar Disorder: " Caused depression and negative, self defeating thoughts early on. They just got worse and worse until finally it peaked in major anxiety and panic attacks so bad I could barley speak. Then I had to step down from the drug slowly due to the well documented withdrawal problems. So more time feeling god awful and wasted time out of my life. In my opinion, avoid this med if you can. It's a serious drug."

JT111 August 25, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "I felt more emotionally stable on this, meaning when I would have usually gotten to a certain point, the medication stopped it before it could escalate. For the first few months I was thankful for not completely crashing and burning every couple of weeks (I was in a particularly stressful situation in the period of time I was taking this so my hopelessness was exasperated), significant reduction in hallucinations and paranoid delusions, not being able to cry, sleeping consistently and having no memory of my dreams. The reasons as to why I stopped taking it were degenerated eyesight (my eyesight had been perfect prior to meds), severely effected long and short term memory and zero motivation in all areas of life. I didn't feel like myself."

ConcaveEarth (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 25, 2016

27 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "This medication will make you gain weight easily it may make you easily agitated as well. In my expirence this should not be offered to treat anxiety."

Sweetgirlmeg (taken for less than 1 month) August 24, 2016

29 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "I'm a Dutch veteran, I've been to Lebanon in '82/'83 and this year after a violent attack in my house, everything was changed and I had aggressive outbursts. After the police came the psychiatrist and I was diagnosed with PTSS. Now I'm using 75/100 quetiapine and it really makes a difference. Instead of almost no sleep, I'm sleaping now 4 to 6 hours a night. I'm a little bith sheaky the few hours in the morning but I can control my moods and thoughts much better now."

Dutch Robert (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 24, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Seroquel XR (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "This med is pretty wonderful for my bipolar mania and my bipolar depression. Only set back is the sedation, but at the same time I've always struggled with anciety, so this side effect is okay with me as it helps the anxiety. Really saved my life."

AngelBunny0316 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 23, 2016

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I have been an active drug user my whole life and i was diagnosed with psychosis and an anxiety disorder, i highly recommend this medicine for psychosis , within two weeks of taking it i felt my brain chemistry changing and its currently changing my life for the better each day. Works well for anxiety to it calms my nerves down and puts me to sleep: dont know where id be without seroquel :)"

Sax (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 23, 2016

55 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia: "Started with 50 mg, now to 300. About 40 min after taking it I get restless leg. Sleep good for about 3 hours, then wake."

Kris OK (taken for less than 1 month) August 22, 2016

21 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I take seroquel 50 mg and jovia at night for 7 months already. These meds made me happy and free from my GAD. They cost a lot but they are worth it. I don't gain weight because I don't eat a lot of carbs and sweets. thanks for the happiness i feel. =)"

rsf8776 August 21, 2016

51 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia: "I've only been on this med for a few days. I couldn't sleep in the hospital so my doc prescribed seroquel. I normally am an insomniac anyway. It did help...too much. I'm only on 25mg but I can't seem to wake up in the morning. I can sleep for 10 hours at a time, wake up and then I'm dizzy and lightheaded. When I go back to work, I have to have my wits about me and on register by 6 am. I can't seem to wake up with this. Also, I don't feel comfortable with it treating many disorders that I don't have."

Wawaqueen (taken for less than 1 month) August 20, 2016

28 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "Seroquel gets rid of 95% of my anxiety and severe insomnia. I've tried everything else. I don't feel drugged. I just feel something like a normal person. Its amazing. It only got rid of about 30% of my depression, but together with with Lamictal they cover 80% of my depression as long as I make sure to stay social. I take 350 mg about 2 hours before bed. It was EXTREMELY sedating at first, but within a month (maybe 2 weeks), I adapted to each new dose increase. I do have to make sure to get 8-10 hours of sleep every night, but a big part of that is my CFS and sleep apnea. We slowly went up over the course of 3 months to get to 300 mg. And after being on it about 2 years, I had to raise it to 350 mg because it wasn't working as well."

My miracle drug (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 20, 2016

29 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Borderline Personality Disorder: "Try being on these meds a while and see how you feel. They will ruin your life and there impossible to get off. I've lost myself and when I stop I'm manic to the point of hurting myself badly just to feel something. I can't put into words what they've done to me but a quick fix is never the way."

Joe Hendrix Felstead August 19, 2016

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "Very horrible experience on this medication that I took years a go. Side effects were not pleasant."

PostmodenistCupie (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 19, 2016

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I have been dealing with undiagnosed depression and anxiety for the last year or so, and a few weeks ago I was finally diagnosed with both, and I was prescribed 50mg of Zoloft, initially, and then 100mg eventually. While the Zoloft was helping with my depression, it made me unbearably anxious. My dosage was lowered to 75mg and I was prescribed Seroquel as well. The combination of both has been very successful. I feel no sadness or anxiety currently, and I take 12.5mg each of Seroquel in the morning and the evening. I'm a little slow and lethargic, but otherwise have had no side effects, and the lethargy is usually solved by a 30-minute nap. In low doses, I highly recommend this drug."

Anonymous August 19, 2016

36 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "Drug is absolutely amazing and SAVED my life. Literally (clinical depression). I sleep like a rock every night, and this drug improved my life in everyway. The only side effect I've found is it's actually given me OCD issues that I never had before."

Matt1992 August 18, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia: "Take 150 mg XR plus 12.5 of the regular strength for anxiety and sleep. Anything over 200 mg touches dopamine receptors therefore it ceases to be an SSRI/sleep aid and is best for bipolar or schizophrenia. One Pharmacologist wanted me to take much more. I did. I started hemorrhaging from my vagina until I cut all down to what I am taking now. Works well as a sleep aid and anxiolytic."

Wackadoodledo (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 17, 2016

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "I am currently on 50mg of Seroquel in addition to other meds. It has certainly made a huge positive difference in my paranoid thinking and obsessive-compulsive spartanism. It has leveled out my wild swings between anxiety and depression somewhat. It works great on my insomnia too. It causes me constipation and aggravates my essential tremor, but its benefits are well worth the price. I have not yet experienced the increase in appetite it's known for."

SereneCeline August 17, 2016

21 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "Seroquel XR definitely helped me with my moods and rapid cycling. But.... gave it away because I was forever hungry. I lost all internal compass on whether or not I required food. Which is scary for me because I've always been normal weight and relied upon internal hunger cues to direct my eating. These cues were lost on seroquel. I wanted to eat all the time! I put myself on a strict diet yet the weight still kept creeping on. In my opinion, seroquel lowers the metabolism. Such that you'd have to restrict your calorie intake quite seriously. I'm going to try Latuda instead as it's a "weight neutral" preparation."

BrizVegasGal August 15, 2016

19 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Seroquel XR (quetiapine) for Depression: "I have only been on Seroquel XR for about a week at 50mg. My doctor prescribed it as an adjunct to Remeron to treat anxiety, depression, paranoia, and insomnia. I also take gabapentin, atenolol, and Xanax. When the Seroquel XR works, it WORKS. I can feel it sedating me two hours after I take it. I've been sleeping eight and nine hours a night, which has not happened in a very, very long time. It's effective at neutralizing both anxiety and depression. BUT... it doesn't last 24 hours for me; it only lasts about 15. Once it wears off my anxiety and depression return with a vengeance. Makes for a very rough 8 or 9 hours until I can take it again."

This is Kris (taken for less than 1 month) August 15, 2016

31 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I cannot rate seroquel highly enough. I was a mess with constant anxiety that just would not stop. I had tried so many things and seroquel literally changed my life. I take 400 xr and don't really have any side effects, but even if I did I would put up with anything to be rid of the anxiety. I don't know how I managed to get through life before I started taking seroquel"

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 14, 2016

49 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "Worked on the symptoms for the most part, felt a lot calmer but sometimes almost brain dead which made University work very difficult. Put me to sleep like a baby though, only problem was, like respiridone, getting up in the morning was extremely hard even if I took it at like 8pm. Side effects were unbearable. I gained over a stone (and I'm only 5 ft 2) in the space of 3-4 months when only on 25mg (bi-daily) despite watching what I ate! I always felt like I was sweaty even in the winter and after climbing 2 flights of stairs and I kept feeling my heart skip a beat. Also worth mentioning, alcohol is a no go, I could only have 1 or 2 drinks before feeling completely out of it. Bottom line: Works but not worth it in my opinion!"

coxysmelons (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 10, 2016