User Reviews for Quetiapine (Page 7)

Also known as: Seroquel, Seroquel XR

Learn more about Quetiapine.

Intermittent Explosive Disorder 2 reviews 0 medications

Major Depressive Disorder 16 reviews 46 medications

5.4
Summary of Quetiapine reviews 837 reviews 7.4

Reviews for Quetiapine

For Bipolar Disorder: "I use this as needed. My pyc has agreed to this to reduce manic moods. If you monitor your mood you can catch it and use this as when needed. I think mega high doses taken each day is asking for serious trouble from TD or diabetes. I take a mood stabilizer each day to push the mood up."

Anonymous December 7, 2015

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "Prescribed 25 mg off label to take for insomnia when required. I had had them for weeks and not taken them but gave in last night after a rough week. Took 25 mg at 2230 fell asleep within 40 minutes, slept until 0930. Woke 3 times but back to sleep straight away. 1100 am now and feel sedated and spaced out, not refreshed like I've had a good sleep. Not going to make a habit of taking these, just have a break now then from intense tiredness and being up all night."

donkeykong50 December 6, 2015

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "Hi, I am a veteran of Iraq and have been struggling with PTSD since I got out. I have also bipolar disorder and was thinking about suicide a lot. I will tell you one thing, this medication (forgetting the weight gain) have saved my life! I feel completely normal, of course I am not taking it by itself. I take another mood stabilizer and a antidepressant with it. Right now I take 3 doses of 100 mg daily and I feel normal again!! This medication is just great!"

Airborne Scout (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 5, 2015

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "This drug has been a life saver from my anxiety and insomnia. Maybe there's a few minor side effects drowsiness being the worst but I take 25mg at night and can finally sleep, the first couple days were pretty rough heart pounding and felt like a zombie but as time goes on that seems to be subsiding I have a bit of an eating disorder and serequel helps me with eating I don't mind gaining a few pounds on this drug considering I was a 110 pound 20 year old man this drug saved me life took me out of a deep depression stage and helped with my anxiety, other drugs I tried and didn't work, ativan, xanax, clonazepam, clorazapate, Valium, buspar, nozinan, zoloft, mirtazapine (don't ever take this drug gave me seizures), prozac, and many others serequel has worked wonders for me"

Averis (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 5, 2015

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "Seroquel is amazing for me, I take 100mg in morning and 300 at night"

equare (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 5, 2015

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "I have taken a low dose of Seroquel (100mg) for 9 months. Over this time the full on cravings and my weight have slowly crept up on me. I worry if they keep going like this that I may end up with diabetes. I have put on 12kgs extra since I started on March 5th 2015. I also have no feeling down there during sex- just feels like pressure or a massage- I have no enjoyment. I am also on Lithium and Lovan. Neither of these medications have caused these problems in the past. My boyfriend says I have improved since being on this drug. I think I will with the help of my doctor take myself off this drug."

L4uwz5 December 5, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder: "Initially I hated this drug. It made me tired, run down and at times anxious. I even broke out in cold sores it made me feel so ill. Then at later stages it was a life saver. I want from 25mg to 300mg during terrible hypomamia and mixed episodes, it saved my life. Quitting it was hell you will feel sick and nauseous for weeks. It's a very strong drug and I say for type two bipolar to be used cautiously as its overly strong most of the time. You want to feel normal, not overly drugged as you do with this drug if taken for long periods of time. So for me it's a mixed review."

Type 2 bp December 5, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder: "I've been on this med for about 2 years now and I must say its prob the best one I have found for my bipolar. It helps me sleep at night also but it does make me super hungry lol I don't mind as I don't really gain weight. I take it around 10pm and I am up by 9-10am in the mornings feeling like I have slept for days. My mood is even better esp when I forget to take them every now and then they still work."

MartianMindHunter December 2, 2015

For Insomnia: "I'm a vet with many mental health issues which causes insomnia. I've been on quetiapine for 5 years I take 600 to 800 mg each night around the same time and I wake up the next morning refreshed. My doctor also has trazodone paired with it. The only side effects I've had is raiding the fridge in the middle of the night and dry mouth. Sometimes I get restlest legs but I take lyrica for that and my back."

Nukestar December 2, 2015

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I have never left a review on a medication before in my life, but after a year on this med, I felt I had to. I am a 32 year old female who has suffered with anxiety and panic disorder/agoraphobia my whole life. It got so bad that I dropped out of grad school a few years ago and was completely housebound with panic and derealization and I was fainting from the attacks in public! No medicine ever worked for me until I tried seroquel. Hands down, it gave me my life back. I can drive, I can go to my kids' school and functions alone, I can socialize again. I feel totally free! I was SO scared of starting this drug but it has been my lifeline! The ONLY downside has been the weight gain-- 15 lbs that won't budge ;("

ambuler09 December 2, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder: "I was on quetiapine for a few months. It worked wonders and levelled my mood wonderfully and I was thankful to have something work so effectively. However I suffered from two major side effects; tiredness and weight gain. My doctor and I tried to combat the weight gain and tiredness but in the end I had to change to another medication as we couldn't control it and I was only on 25mg at night. I don't want to put people off as this drug helped me with my mood disorder and I'm sensitive to some side effects."

Amd2 December 1, 2015

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "Where do I even start? Been fighting my crazy mood and bipolar disorder since I was an adolescent. Was prescribed this years back, and slowly I saw my life start to tangle up. Mood problems got worse, could not feel much remorse or feelings, just dampened emotions that got harder to control. I strongly believe this medicine harmed my mental health during one of the times the brain develops significantly. Been off for exactly a year and still recovering. Finally I can sleep through the night after about 10 months, but still dealing and slowly on the way back from a miserable journey of anxiety, insomnia, and instability. Mood should arguably be stabilized, not muted and worsened by this medication. Be safe"

OnTheWayBack (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 28, 2015

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I'm a 25yr old woman who is recovering from a hysterectomy and my psychiatrist prescribed Seroquel- 50mg at night to help me cope with my GAD before and after my hysterectomy. So far, it's helped significantly with my GAD and PTSD. It is quite sedating but it's nothing too intense. More so relaxing and definitely helpful since falling asleep was an issue. Now, I sleep through most nights! I've read some reviews and some people have had terrible luck with this drug. My rule of thumb is always talk with your doctor and seriously weigh the side effects with your long term quality of life. Some drugs don't always mix well with certain people but only you could know that and make that call. For me, this drug is worth its weight in gold!"

OodlesOPoodles (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 28, 2015

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "Great drug 400 time release I have been house bound for several years with anxiety I have been taking this for nearly a year at the start a lot of side effects they went after a month so stick with it it will get better. I can now lead a normal life this drug as saved my life and given me hope for the future thanks quitieapin"

Megathecandyman (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 28, 2015

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Schizoaffective Disorder: "Seroquel has been ineffective for me at dosages below 600mg. Even at 600mg my symptoms are decreased slightly. I have been on lower dosages of other medications that have worked better."

RowdyB88 (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 27, 2015

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "Seroquel helped with my panic attacks and break downs, but it made me feel lifeless (which I prefer versus crying). However I experienced ever side effect listed and even ended up in the ER! My heart was beating uncontrollably and sharp pains, I thought I was having a heart attack. I had to get monitored for 6 hours. Also I lost strength in moving limbs. It works but too many side effects. "

Oniomania November 27, 2015

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "After trying different medications, seroquel 50mg just changed my life. It is quite sedative but i do a lot of sport as well and have a lot of energy. Iam stable since 3 years with seroquel. Life saver"

Drexc (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 26, 2015

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "I was misdiagnosed with bipolar disorder 10 years ago (recently found out it is actually PTSD/c-PTSD) and I was started on 1200mg of serquel. I was a zombie! I didn't want to do anything but sleep. I was so tired all day. One day after taking my medication and then sleeping 10 hours, I then got in my car and was driving somewhere and feel asleep at the wheel. I total my car but luckily I wasn't hurt and no one else was involved. I lost my job. The "best" part though was the 110 pound weight gain I had in less then a year of taking this poison. I've been off of the crap for about 3 years now but still can't drop the weight it caused me to gain. Please be careful if considering taking this drug it almost ruined my life."

Doesmynamereallymatter November 25, 2015

For Insomnia: "Can't sleep taking 50mg @ bedtime"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 20, 2015

For Insomnia: "Its the best medicine for sleep for me it helps everyday at low dosage 25-75mg. Benzo and other medicine didn"

ForLifeLoner November 20, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder: "I went from 50-300 mg in two weeks. I gained ten pounds and was constantly tired all the time. I usually stay between the same weight to a pound up or down. I took the extended release tablets (xr) As soon as I took the medicine within an hour I became very tired to the point where I would start to mumble and fall asleep. This medicine made me feel like I was out of it all the time. Not to mention I fainted a couple of times and I've never fainted in my life. I think I was on too high of a level for my body. I'm not trying to scare anyone with my review I'm just sharing my experience with the medicine I know everyone's body is different. This medicine made me sleep 24/7 and relaxed me."

80s (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 20, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder: "I've been on medication since I was around 9 and have been on bipolar medications since 16, and none of them ever worked for me. I was hesitant to try this because I've heard bad things about it, but this has been the first medicine in 10 years to have actually helped me. I finally feel normal and actualy feel like I have my life back. I don't worry about mood swings anymore and I'm actually able to sleep and focus in school. The only downside I've found is it makes me hungrier, but as long as my mood swings are under control that's not much of a problem for me."

OS19 November 17, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder: "When first prescribed I was reluctant to take it (an antipsychotic) but finally did and I Love it! Yes I gained about 10lbs in 2 years but it's well worth it. It calmed my mind right down. Currently on 300mg."

KayKayW November 14, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder: "This medicine has been an excellent tranquilizer. It seems to stop whatever negative thoughts I'm having, and flattens my mood. It has a half-life of only 6-8 hours! I would recommend it for sleep, and episodes of severe mental illness, be it MDD, PTSD, etc.. Note: as a drug to be on all day, this should not be first line. It causes a lot of drowsiness and feelings of being drugged. Being on it a short time, through sleep or a bad episode, can dramatically improve your day."

Steve Stevenson (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 14, 2015

For : "I have a sleep disorder where I will have hallucinations and sleep walk which is caused by anxiety in my daily life. I also have generalized anxiety disorder. My physiatrist put me on 12.5 mg of seroquel for sleeping and 150mg of topamac for a skin picking disorder I have had for years. Wow for once in my life I have found relief! 2 years ago I was taking lexapro and I was in the worst shape of my life the lexapro made it impossible for me to sleep and the skin picking was out of control. It was destroying my image and I was losing all control. I went to the doctor and was put on ciblex which was wonderful for my sleep and anxiety but it made me gain 40 pounds....unfortunately this was not good for me either. So we changed to seroquel."

Nikki Bunny hop November 13, 2015