User Reviews for Quetiapine (Page 12)

Also known as: Seroquel, Seroquel XR

Learn more about Quetiapine.

Intermittent Explosive Disorder 2 reviews 0 medications

Major Depressive Disorder 16 reviews 46 medications

5.4
Summary of Quetiapine reviews 855 reviews 7.5

Reviews for Quetiapine

For Insomnia: "The doctor prescribed this med for my insomnia, accompanied by depression and anxiety. This was a total NIGHTMARE!! Not only was I wide awake all night, I experienced extreme paranoia, and hallucinations. I will definitely never take this again."

azkat123 June 16, 2015

For Depression: "I have been struggling to find a medication for my simple depression for about a year in a half now, basically tried all ssri's and s couple of others, I am now on 40 mg of prozac ( which I feel like I don't need) and 150 mg of regular seroquel before bed, the xr made me really tired and moody, plus the expense was outrageous, but trying the regular I finally feel myself again, although its my first day taking it I feel balanced out and basically normal again. Ps if your struggling out their keep fighting! God put the hardest problems on us for a reason!"

Tom 17 June 13, 2015

For Insomnia: "I was went to doc today because of having a bad experience being weened off of Cymbalta for fibro pain and sleep insomnia so today I was given serquel 100mg and told to start with 50mg I did so at 11am this morning unforetunately with in 20 mins I feel like I could not stand nor keep my eyes open and very tired I barely made it to bed I slept from 11am ish to 130am yes that long with only waking once when my husband came home and he was banging on door that he couldn't get in. The top locked was locked I let him in and almost fell to the floor tryin to get back in bed and felt like I was in a coma and had no idea if it was day or night I went back to slept I couldn't do much more (should've went to ER ) but I slept again till 130am with wakin once more"

DianaTrod June 13, 2015

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "started Seroquel at night combined with Effexor during the day for bipolar and it's changing my life and saving my marriage. Where I used to have one good day a week, I have one bad day a week. Upped from 50mgs to 100mgs because it's effectiveness wore off mid day and recently added topamax because I've been attempting to lose weight (I have not gained, but it's harder to lose)."

Radcher June 11, 2015

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "After trying the most of medication for my depression/ mixed state, seroquel finally worked out. Made racing thougts go away and my mood is finally back to normal again. Feel happy and relaxed. I also take 150 mg venlafaxine. Best medicine i ever tryed is seroquel. No weigh gain for me. This medicine is a lifesaver for me."

Tesseklem77 June 10, 2015

For Insomnia: "I'm a 26 year old white male. I have been taking seroquel for sleep for about a year now, my doctor prescribed me 400mg quick release to start, the first time I took it, within an hour, I felt like I was having a heart attack, my heart beat sped up an incredible amount and I was terrified. Later had the dose lowered to 200 mg and the heart rate issue was much less but still there, I have been taking the 200mg dose for about a year now. It helps me fall asleep within an hour of taking it and I get pretty decent sleep, not sure how deep it is but I sleep. I've read about how prolonged usage of seroquel is like a chemical lobotomy, I hope this is not true. I am a creative type and I have a lower creativity level ever since I started taking it."

ddjenkins June 6, 2015

For Depression: "I suffered from high anxiety, panic, deep depression - started on Seroquel 25 morning and 25 night, coupled with 75mg Tofranil at night. These two combinations saved my life. Seroquel took some getting used to, have gained some weight and had some vision problems, but all in all feeling so much better, would highly recommend Seroquel for anxiety related issues."

Green eyed girl (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 31, 2015

Seroquel (quetiapine) for : "good for insomnia most of the time"

y knot May 27, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder: "3 months 200 mg at night. This medicine has helped me be in control of my thoughts. Before starting Quetiapine, I was struggling a lot with depression, and on the flip side racing thoughts and overactivity. Had a failed and bad experience with SSRI-antidepressants. + Helps limit your brain activity to normal parameters. + Makes you sleep sound + Let´s you concentrate on what you want. - Weight gain - Hangover tiredness the next day. - Subtle antidepressant effect. It is more a mood stabiliser in my experience. All in all it does the job, and it can be invaluable when looking back at one´s life."

Mike26yo (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 27, 2015

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Schizoaffective Disorder: "Seroquel is awesome. 300mg kicked my butt. It took a year to drop down to 100mg. No matter the dosage, I don't snap out of it until mid day. Best sleep ever. Gained a lot of weight. My worst side effect is tight muscles, in legs more than anywhere."

What's normal (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 23, 2015

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "So I started on this two weeks ago may need to go a bit stronger as over time when I was younger just tried to mellow out on illegal drugs. Seraquil is the best thing I have tried I am 32 and just been diagnosed with bipolar. Doesn't make me sleepy makes me hungry a lil bit. But has changed my life stopped the agitation and horrible thoughts that run riot in my head. Just slows it done and I am able to see clearly. I am only on a mild dose but in saying this I'm glad I take one when I can feel my mania coming on."

Halz May 23, 2015

Seroquel XR (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "Not bad, but the weight gain and how tired it made me, eventually led me to go off of it."

dnc1987 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 18, 2015

For Insomnia: "I do feel that I have a better sleep with 100mg of seroquel XR. I have, however, had adverse effects with the quick release (Non XR) with this medication I have nightmares, vivid dreams and poor sleep."

sleepless in Victoria (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 18, 2015

For Insomnia: "I am bipolar and suffer from severe insomnia. I take 400 MG of Seroquel XR in the early evening, and 100 MG of regular Seroquel at bedtime. It works pretty well, and I am not overly tired the next morning. It did cause vivid dreams and nightmares, but I take 5 MG of Prazosin at bedtime for the dreams, and it definitely helps."

Most helpful medicine so far. (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 8, 2015

For Insomnia: "I'm 20 and I've delt with my insomnia my whole life but it started getting really bad when I was in 5th grade. I've gone to every doctor you can think of and the ONLY thing that has ever helped me is quetiapine. I sleep 6 or more hours a night and usually fall asleep within an hour of taking it."

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 7, 2015

For Intermittent Explosive Disorder: "Seroquel stopped my explosive disorder like a light switch being turned off. Excellent medicine"

Danik April 28, 2015

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Schizoaffective Disorder: "I take seroquel and have taken higher doses when I was heavier at 300 lbs I was taking 900mg and my new doc cannot believe my psychiatrist was prescribing me that high of a dose just to help me sleep. Once I had weight loss surgery I could only handle about 150mg I am up to 300mg. The thing I like best about seroquel is it will knock you out and you will get good sleep. Now occasionally I have taken one and a half pills if I want to fall asleep quicker but you really have to be careful with this drug because many things can happen. The side effects I've experienced mainly is trouble swallowing which scares me to death when I'm trying to sleep and I'm panicking & my heartbeats racing yet I can't swallow. So be very careful with dosages."

headdy20 April 27, 2015

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "While this medication hasn't solved everything, 50mg of every night it has helped me get some of my life back. My anxiety was so bad that I couldn't eat or work. This has really helped with the more "mental" symptoms of anxiety whereas other medications mostly just helped with the physical (sweaty palms, tremors, chills). It also has helped me sleep tremendously, though I do have some trouble getting up in the morning. No other side effects."

sjm1986 (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 27, 2015

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "Helped me sleep, when even benzos and ambien didn't. Also helps with my lack of appetite. I did gain 45lbs the first few months, but eventually I lost the weight. I actually liked the weight gain, I've been underweight my whole life. As far as anxiety, I'd say it helps me relax but doesn't slow my mind down like the Xanax I used to take. Still, mildly effective for anxiety. Download card from website, 30 day supply w no insurance will cost $11, without card, $77. Big difference."

Z Box (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 26, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder: "I am a 36 year mother of one who has been married for 21 years to a wonderful man who endured years of my manic episodes, anger problems, hateful behavior. I knew that certain mental illnesses ran in my family, and they all started in the late twenties to early thirties. I ignored my symptoms for a long time, and doctors tried other medications. Mostly I would just try to get through the day without screaming at people. I was self- destructive and it was ruining my marriage. My new doctor put me on this medicine at 200 mg a day and it has changed my life. I feel like my old self, none of those terrible highs and lows. I am depressed/ bi-polar. I'm so thankful for this medication, and so is my husband and daughter!"

jesse78 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 19, 2015

For Insomnia: "I have suffered with insomnia since I was a child. Cymbalta worsened my condition to the point of lethargy and my PCP prescribed quetiapine (50mg 1x first two days and then 100mg 1x per day thereafter) after all other sleep aides failed. The first day on 50mg, it look about 1.5 hours to kick in, I slept for 4 hours, awoke to crazy vivid dreams and insanely sweet food cravings (caramel, maple syrup), went back to bed, fell asleep and woke up feeling like a truck hit me. Second day, same cravings and vivid dreams but slept better. After about six months the sweet cravings went away but I gained 20 lbs. I've been on quetiapine for over a year and I cannot sleep without it. For the first time in my life, I sleep a solid 7-8 hours per night."

kimg727 (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 18, 2015

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "This medicine has been a life saver for my anxiety and depression. By the second day I felt the difference. I have taken a great number of other medications and they didn't help as much as Seroquel or didn't make any difference besides making me more anxious. Now I feel calm (something I've never really experienced ever) and more clear minded. I take the pill at night and I sleep like a baby. I am truly thankful for this. It has given me my life back. I would give it a 10 but the only the con I have is the fatigue I experience in the morning but a cup of coffee takes care of that. Overall, if you are crippled by this horrifying illness, you may consider giving Seroquel a chance."

LeoM86 April 18, 2015

106 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Seroquel XR (quetiapine) for Schizophrenia: "I lost touch with reality for quite a while. I mainly use this as a sleep aid, but I am a paranoid schizophrenic. As far as symptoms of my schizophrenia, it helps. However, whenever it's about time to take my dose I notice my condition worsening a lot. If I take it late, I am loopy and a bit delusion, but I hold a steady job that requires us to work late some days. Also, if I am just having an overall bad day, it seems to not help my symptoms at all. I am pretty sure I would be a lot worse without this medication. My insurance doesn't cover it, but I got a card from the doctor making my prescription only cost around 17 bucks. If I didn't have that card, it would be about 80 bucks with my work insurance. 400 or something with none."

Rest In Pieces (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 15, 2015

For Insomnia: "This medication works fairly well for insomnia and hallucinations. If you are experiencing night terrors or nightmares since taking this medication, I would suggest supplementing with Glycine on top of it. I take about 3000mgs of Glycine 2 to 3 times a day. Works well."

turnc8 (taken for 10 years or more) April 13, 2015

For Insomnia: "For me, this is the best hypnotic of all that I have tried to date, which includes quetiapine, mirtazapine, amitriptyline, trazodone, zaleplon and doxylamine succinate. All of these meds have their pros and cons but quetiapine gives me the most sleep overall and it's a such a cheap costing med as well. I typically only need to take 12.5 mgs for a good night's sleep. Now, this med may not be for everyone, as it a an anti-psychotic, and it does have the potential to cause some pretty severe side effects. Proceed with caution."

Sleeping In April 12, 2015