User Reviews for Quetiapine (Page 12)

Also known as: Seroquel, Seroquel XR

Learn more about Quetiapine.

Intermittent Explosive Disorder 2 reviews 0 medications

Major Depressive Disorder 20 reviews 46 medications

5.4
Summary of Quetiapine reviews 1052 reviews 7.3

Reviews for Quetiapine

For Insomnia: "I have been taking this medicine for more that 5 years and works perfect for me!"

Reed82 April 23, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "Excellent medication to aide in a good nights sleep"

AUB1 April 21, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "First I was on instant release Seroquel which helped somewhat at 50-100 mg doses. It gave me tachycardia so I switched to XR version. Been now at 200 mg and my anxiety has improved. Little bit foggy and sedated sometimes. Will try to lower the dose to 150 mg and see if it helps."

GADditude April 20, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder: "Helped me sleep. Gained 10 pound in a month. Did not feel more level or stable. Worse actually."

Ccrccr April 17, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I found seroquel to be the wonder drug for my anxiety problems (due to long term drug use) I was prescribed it five years ago at 100 mgs a day that has decreased to 50mgs at night but have since made the decision that I am ready to decrease this further to 25mgs a day then down to none as I have been free from addiction for the past five years I have been taking seroquel. In my mind tho I would never have gotten through the debilitating anxiety that followed without the help of seroquel."

arielswimming April 15, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Borderline Personality Disorder: "My psychiatrist and I decided to give this a try when my Effexor was helping my depression but not my anxiety. I was also having constant episodes of insomnia and felt angry all the time. 50 mg wasn't enough, so we upped it to 150 mg, where I felt great--my anxiety was eradicated and I was able to sleep fine, but I was still having an issue with anger. We went up to 300 mg as a last ditch effort to help the anger and all that did was make me really groggy and out of it all the time, which actually made my anxiety worse. So we went back down to 150 mg, and that's where I am. All in all I really like my Seroquel, but I feel like it made me gain weight a bit easier--not a large amount but between 5-10 pounds, but my diet also isn't great."

A. Savage (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 13, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Schizoaffective Disorder: "This drug worked perfectly. It controlled all my symptoms, paranoia, visual and auditory hallucinations, tactile hallucinations and anxiety. Absolutely no weight gain. I lost 30 pounds on this medication and could not be happier that I tried the drug. It also works excellently for people with eating disorders, controlling their cravings and regulating their eating patterns. There were no sexual side effects. I never relapsed when I went off the medication with the help of my psychiatrist. Thank you makers of seroquel!"

Anonj26 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 11, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "Been on this drug for 2months now for PTSD, anxiety & depression. 1st day took 100mg, got 6hrs sleep & feel drowsy the whole day. Reduced it to 50mg, slept for 6hrs & drowsy only At AM. After a week my sleep lessened to 4hrs. Twered it up to 100mg again. Sometimes I get 6hrs, at times 4hrs or less. It was never a straight sleep. I always get stratles & unable to nap at noon time no matter how sleepy I was. Everytime I get 4hrs or less sleep, I get panic attacks & just feel so tired. Doctor told me to increase it to 125mg. Still get 4-6hrs sleep and palpitations. I paired it with 1/4 rivotril for 5days now & get 8-9hrs. I feel refreshed & energized the whole day. No more panic attacks and palpitations. But with 125mg alone, I'm a zombie!"

Gting (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 11, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder: "Quetiapine has improved my mood swings and suicidal thoughts. It also does wonders for my anxiety. At first, taking this medication (50mg 2x daily) I felt very groggy; it helped my insomnia a lot - and still does. So despite that side-effect, I believe this drug works very well. I was told I was slurring my speech by others within the first couple of days of taking this - it did turn me into a bit of a Zombie!! This, however, passed and now, in conjunction with Mirtazapine, Pregabalin and Diazepam I feel better than I have in a long time."

jchitty99 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 10, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Seroquel XR (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "I was prescribed seroquel xr for Bipolar depression My dr started me on 50mg and I am gradually increasing the dosage its been about 4 weeks and I am currently taking 200 mg I will agree that it has helped the hopelesness feelings and suicidal thoughts Which is a plus but the zombie like feeling and dry mouth are tough I have a job that requires constant activity its hard to keep up have to definitely slow down My Dr advised me that these side affects are all normal and eventually I will get used to it can't wait for this to happen"

shortie62 April 9, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "I'm on 350 MG for PTSD With recurring nightmares. This medicine really works. It's like being put out with gas before a surgery. It's black sleep. No dreams and uninterrupted sleep."

Aceman1991 April 8, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Schizophrenia: "I complained to a friend of insomnia, mainly stress related. She offered a seroquel on the promise that it would relax me and put me in la la land. I will never again take medicine that is not prescribed for me! For the first time ever... I heard voices starting at 2 am. I heard two men arguing on the other side of my closed bedroom door, loud enough to wake me but I couldn't make out what they were saying. I was too afraid to look because I knew no one was there. Then around 4:30 am I heard a baby crying non stop this lasted until 7:00 am. I sat up for hours listening to what if feels like to be going insane! Never again!"

Lizziepoo April 8, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "I do not have depression, anxiety etc. But I do have occasional insomnia. Someone told me to try Seroquel and I did. Best stuff ever for insomnia. I've tried the XR 25mg & 50mg. Both work but I have to take early enough because the drowsy effect is long lasting. But best sleep ever!!"

Sleepless in Texas7 April 8, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I began with 25mg Seriquel last night. I am taking TARVs dolutegravir plus boosters. I woke up for the first time in months without anxiety, although I did not sleep more than 6 hours. Perhaps I have to increase the dose."

Anonymous March 31, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I've been on celexa for about 18 months to help ease overall anxiety I take 30 mg daily and about 10 months ago have been put on seroquel also I take 25mg morning and night. And find that if I stay active and eat healthy I feel fine no anxiety I can handle everything much better. However some days 50 mg daily isn't enough and I take an extra 25mg as needed at night. Only side effects I've noticed is insatiable hunger and craving for sweets. Also gained about 9 kilos in the 10 months apart from that I find seroquel to be very helpful at treating the racing thoughts and shortness of breathe"

Terrytsotso March 31, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Seroquel XR (quetiapine) for Depression: "It was mainly prescribed as a sleep aid, in addition to its antidepressant qualities. I was on regular Seroquel and now on XL as I have trouble staying asleep. It's slightly better. I'm getting 6 hours of sleep a night. I am not usually groggy or snowed by this, maybe once per 30 doses. I'm ok with it. Only downside is cost (XL is brand)"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 30, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Seroquel (quetiapine) for : "I'm not sure why so many people like this drug for insomnia. First night took 50mg & slept for 5 hours. Second night took 100mg & slept for 6 hours. Third night took 150mg & slept for 7 hours. So I thought everything was cool at 150mg, but after 1 week it started to become less effective & was only getting 4 hours of sleep on 150mg. I would even try to split the dose (take 50mg an hour before bedtime & 100mg at bedtime) but nothing gave. I think Zyprexa works better, but got on this because zyprexa makes you gain weight on ANY dose, while seroquel's weight gain is more dose related (supposedly). Stopped taking it since it sucks at KEEPING me asleep (though it is good at putting me to sleep)."

Chronic Insomniac (taken for less than 1 month) March 27, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "Great after 3 months......but will make you gain 1,444,765 pounds. No bs!"

Strychnine (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 26, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Seroquel XR (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "Been on Quetiapine MR for around 9 months. 300mg at night. Found it far less sedating than Olanzapine. Its been a miracle for my Bipolar, absolutely no depression and no manic episodes. Yeah I put on weight but the effects on my mood and mental health have been incredible."

p-mo (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 23, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "Been in therapy with a Counselling Psychologist for just over 3 years. Diagnosis from Consultant Psychiatrist - Complex-PTSD, Bipolar Type 2 and Fibromyalgia. Been on Sertraline 200mg for 2 years. Ate Diazepam 2.5mg like smarties after a relationship with an Anti Social Personality Disordered Man. Been taking Quetiapine since December '15 and slowly moved up to 125mg to increase to 200mg. Was taking 7.5mg Mertazipine for sleep though have now removed it due to increase of Quetiapine and weight gain. Overall I'm feeling much calmer, more rational, less reactive and more confident talking to people. After intrusive thoughts, cognitive dissonance, depression, anxiety, insomnia, crying, dissacociation, nightmares etc I'm happy!"

Blu75 March 22, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "The only good side was that it helped me sleep good. But couldn't even get up in the morning I was so drowsy still and felt hung over bad Also I was very lethargic. Like numb and I felt numb. Like crap Almost like seriously depressed without depression state of mind Horrible."

scarlettmple (taken for less than 1 month) March 22, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "Weight gain, lethargic 300 dosage at bed time, any more you'll have heads turning in public. Reclusion is a major problem do to zombie affects, messed up part is my roommates had to tell me cuz I didn't even notice. I have not been able to get a job. I tried college and it didn't work. My short term memory is short, can't even remember what I ate for dinner three days ago. I do sleep though. All you can do is push on and forget gl"

Zombie/no job (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 21, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "My liver has always looked fine on ultrasounds. Since I've been taking Seroquel (4 years) my liver is enlarged, fatty and dense. However, I have been on various anti depressive meds for 35 years and the liver has to process this every day. It also made me drowsy. Don't know if Seroquel made my liver this way or just all the years on meds. I am currently coming off Seroquel and onto Lamictal and Rexulti. Fingers crossed! Good luck to you all, it's a very tough condition to live with!"

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 15, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "This medication works great for those with cronic insomnia. My only complaint is weight gain which for me was not an option since I work hard at watching my weight. I was taking 50 mg and had nightmares with talking in my sleep. I since stopped taking nightly and only use after I can't sleep for a few days. However, almost each time I take it I have the verbal nightmares. Keep in mind these r my side effects and may not happen to you, as far as a sleep aid it works great."

Sleepless in New Orleans March 14, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Seroquel XR (quetiapine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I have suffered from major depression since early adolescence, and have been exposed to over 2 dozen different anti depressants in the last 30 years. Expensive, ineffective, grossly negative side effects to skin and, chronic fatique daily. Trying another high cost drug a desperate last resort. Each dirty little pill failed, with accumulated cost of more than $15,000 to the patient asking for help Negligent dispensation of Seroquel XR also resulted in near fatal car wreck for the patient. Aside from losing my car, and job, I was priveleged to gain 40 pounds, .... and counting. Chronic insomnia kills drivers, truckers, pilots, boat captains every day. Drug companies need try a lot harder to promote healing, rather than just bank roll profits"

Wretched Life54 (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 13, 2016