User Reviews for Quetiapine (Page 12)

Also known as: Seroquel, Seroquel XR

Learn more about Quetiapine.

Intermittent Explosive Disorder 2 reviews 0 medications

Major Depressive Disorder 16 reviews 46 medications

5.4
Summary of Quetiapine reviews 829 reviews 7.4

Reviews for Quetiapine

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "Has a calming effect helps sleep"

Anonymous April 9, 2015

Seroquel XR (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "For years I took seroquel in various doses throughout the given day. I was prescribed Seroquel XR about 3 years ago for Anxiety and Bipolar l. Since then it has been very effective. I did not gain weight at all. The only drawback is it does cause dizziness and sleepiness. Therefore, I sometimes opt to take it later than prescribed 7:30pm instead of 6."

Cyenchik1029 (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 8, 2015

Seroquel XR (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "At first I hated this medication, made me really tired, feelings of non reality and weight gain. The doctor who put me on it said to wait and give it a chance. I'm glad I did. I use it to sleep at night, at some point I will reduce it but it's great for now. I have very restful sleeps, but am unable to remember my dreams. I am bipolar and although I am on other medication for it, I believe that Seroquel has been key in my mood stability. I take 100 mg every night, and 25 mg PRN for anxiety if needed. Although I get tired on it, it does slow down my thoughts."

Daisy323 April 6, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder: "I can honestly say this medication saved my life. I was diagnosed with bipolar disorder type II when I was 16 and was in a very dark place that I didn't think I would ever be able to come out of. After a couple months of taking Quetiapine I noticed a dramatic change in my moods - I was a good 85% more stable than I had been in the previous 3-4 years and it also majorly helped my insomnia. Although after being on the medication for a year I did have to re-adjust my dose and put it higher, it's still working amazingly. Obviously it's not a cure, I still have some bad days! But I can move on from them within 24 hours without feeling like my world is falling apart. I'm 18 nearly 19 now and this is the happiest I've been in years."

Sophb101 (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 5, 2015

For Insomnia: "This medication has changed the life of my 15 years old with Autism. My son suffered from years of screaming the whole night. He takes 25 mg along with 2 mg clonozepam at bed time and this worked miracle to us."

Mariam Karim April 4, 2015

For Insomnia: "In my opinion, mirtazapine makes me fall asleep quicker, but quetiapine makes me sleep for more hours straight on end. Overall I think 25/50 mg Seroquel/quetiapine IR is the best sleepaid out there. Even after months or years of continous use, it doesnt loose its strength and is still nowhere near as addictive as benzodiazepines or barbitrates, while still being sedative."

Inzomniac1986038 April 2, 2015

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "Been on Seroquel for 10 years along with Celexa. Its a life saver! Anxiety and depression is managable. I feel normal. The only issue is the weight battle. But I would rather be overweight than thin and depressed or worse."

Long time user (taken for 10 years or more) March 29, 2015

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "I have been on Seroquel for 2 years. It really is a miracle. It has helped with my mood swings and problems sleeping. The only issue has been the weight gain. I've probably put on 35 lbs and I've never had problem with weight gain. The benefits of this medication make up for the weight gain."

Tlg v March 28, 2015

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "I've been on Seroquel for a couple months and I'm surprised at how good it works and how I have minimal side effects. I take 100mg-300mg at night and before my naps, just depending on how tired I already am without the medicine. Like most people, if you don't get ample sleep (8-10 hours), you usually wake up feeling tired & groggy. It usually wears off within a couple hours though. I noticed when I take it my eyes become super red like I just finished smoking weed. I have experienced a little chest pain in my lower rib cage but it's tolerable. Other than that, I sleep like a baby; I have the vivid dreams which in my opinion is neither negative or positive. But it's helped in stabilizing my mood & controlling my swings."

Tay B. March 23, 2015

Seroquel XR (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "I was recently diagnosed with bipolar and began taking 25-50mgs a night to aid insomnia because at the time I felt relatively well. I appear to be one of the few to embrace the side effect of increased appetite, when I'm manic, depressed or even the slightest bit anxious my appetite disappears. I can go weeks without feeling the need to eat and I love eating! I used to smoke alot of pot to help with my appetite and racing thoughts. I'm now taking 150mg XR at night as I'm currently having a mixed episode. It helps quieten my mind and slows me down a little but I don't feel in any way zombified, at night soon after taking I get sleepy but that's about it!"

Eeyore85 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 21, 2015

For Depression: "Helped with anxiety but made my depression worst"

Lovonne March 16, 2015

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "I have been taking Seraquel for 10 years of varying dosage until finding the right balance of this medication. It cured my insomnia and dampened the racingthoughts. Very happy with it for those reasons. However. I feel very dizzy and tired around an hour after taking 350mg at night. It levels out the mood swings. Curbs feelings of elation and empathy. Which is quite a price to pay for steady moods. To conclude, Seraquel has had a very positive influence in the treatment of Bipolar Disorder. I think of it as preventative medication that "quietens" the mind. (Hence Quetiapine - it's pharmaceutical name)."

Daviebhoy22 (taken for 10 years or more) March 15, 2015

For Paranoid Disorder: "I'm on quetiapine 200mg fast release, I take one before sleep works really well when catching them zzzzz... The funny thing is my Dreams are more wacky and a lot more Vivid then ever. But as long as the sleep issue is good I am happy. No problem at all besides the wacky dreams. The pills keep me away from Meth.."

brado (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 14, 2015

For Insomnia: "love it. best sleep ever. i could go days without sleep with a mind wondering constantly. not now.. only side effect i have is munchies, but i have learned to eat a little when i take and go to bed within the hour. wish i had years ago.. miracle drug!!!"

lilbitcraze March 12, 2015

For Insomnia: "Started this about 3 days now and finally I can get SOME sleep. Have tried them all but were unsuccessful in knocking me out. Started at 25mg which didn't even affect me, no sleep then jumped to 100mg and got a good 4-5 hours sleep but still waking up early morning unable to fall back to sleep. Upped to 150mg same thing maybe a little deeper sleep. Going to take 200mg tonight but will continue the increase until I can sleep soundly the WHOLE night. Great medication IMO"

nicsnice33 March 12, 2015

For Insomnia: "The good - Was given 25mg for sleep issues. It sure definitely helps with sleep. Will knock ya out at 25mg. Ambien was not very effective and its very dangerous drug if you wake up while taking it, will never take Ambien again. The bad - I feel like I'm in a groggy haze for 4+ hours in the morning. Very sedated and slow thinking. Also seemed to cause intense dreams in the beginning. Don't think I will, or can continue on a daily basis. I have things to do during the day. Could be useful if you really need some good sleep and don't have much to do the next day."

agoraphob (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 9, 2015

For Insomnia: "I have really bad insomnia which is triggered by my depression & anxiety. My shrink gave me this medicine & I sleep like a baby. The thing is I started having these dreams & they feel so real. But I thought this was only me until I started reading other reviews. I have to have at least 8hrs to sleep or then I'm rather groggy. I'm happy for the sleep because I was up for 36 hrs at a time."

Tweety05 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 4, 2015

Seroquel XR (quetiapine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "Works great for me"

calebcass1 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 3, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder: "I've been on Seroquel for 10 years and before I started this medication I was self destructive to myself, very bad episodes going up and down manic episides and I couldnt sleep without myself thinking about everything and worrying all the time but now since I've been on it. I feel very much better. I feel like myself now and happier now and have a better relationship with my mother and 2 beautiful boys of mine! And now I'm also getting help for my addiction! Thank you Seroquel for a better life!"

hotmama1987 (taken for 10 years or more) March 1, 2015

For Borderline Personality Disorder: "Managed to stabilise my mood swings on only 100mg daily, helped greatly with sleep however, did leave me feeling drowsy during the day"

Wooly Hollie March 1, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder: "I truly think this medication may have saved my life. I'm 24, and I knew I had some mental issues since I was a teen. Until now I never took them seriously, but looking back.. I'm so glad I was diagnosed and treated with this medication. I suffered for so many years with little sleep, alcoholism, panick attacks, mood swings, ludacris spending... you name it. Seroquel allows me to be the person I want to be. It slows me down and allows me to act more rationally and sleep properly. I'm so thankful this medication exists, I never want to live a day without it."

MrAtlantis (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 1, 2015

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "I have only just begun a week ago 25mg to start. So far the worst of my Post Traumatic Stress Disorder symptoms: panic upon waking, has subsided. Increasing dose tomorrow as still anxious through the day."

Can't find name not in use (taken for less than 1 month) February 28, 2015

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "I lived with severe mood swings and major depression since I was 7 years old and I started taking Seroquel at 27. It changed my life for the better. It was as if someone had turned on the lights. I was able to identify negative and delusional thoughts and I developed massive insights into my mental health. I've gained 40kg in 7 years though and I'm now trialling alterntives. I had a severe allergic reaction to Saphris, but it did everything that Seroquel did and more. I'm now looking into Zeldox or Latuda."

Seanie (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 28, 2015

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I have bipolar type 2 for 20 years now. I'm also a registered nurse. I take depakote for my mood stabilizer and lexapro and for about 6 years was on 25mg of seroquel for sleep. It put me to sleep, a very deep restful sleep, but I found come morning when it was time to wake for work I was soooooo groggy throughout the day it was awful....UNTIL when I had to come off my depakote to get pregnant and my doctor said we could increase my seroquel to take its place, that the higher the dose of seroquel 200+ the LESS daytime sleepiness I would have and I wake up feeling refreshed. Most sedating drugs the reverse is true,like for exp. Valium take a tiny dose ok but bigger doses and your asleep. Not true of seroquel. Look it up or ask ur psych"

JND711 February 22, 2015

Seroquel XR (quetiapine) for Depression: "Seroquel XR worked very well for me with a combination of Seroquel and Zoloft together. I've been well for over 3 years now. Usually I would fall in to a depression with in a year just taking an antidepressent Because my body would build a tolerance to the medications. I know this medicine isn't for everyone, but I've had a very good experience and I'm stable and happy."

cdfig83 February 20, 2015