User Reviews for Prednisolone

Bullous Pemphigoid 9.0
Summary of Prednisolone reviews 6.7 36 reviews

Reviews for Prednisolone

Jeni May 4, 2020

For Inflammatory Conditions: “I was put on prednisolone for an inner ear problem caused by a hormonal imbalance. I'm very sensitive to medication and I knew this when taking the full dose prescribed. I took 20 mg's 3 times the first day and found that I could not sleep that night and had anxiety and a headache. I dropped down to 40 mg's at 8 am and 12 pm the next day and slept very good. No anxiety and no headache. I do take the pills with food. It has greatly decreased the inflammation I felt in the back of my head near my ear. I'm feeling better. Although, I'm on an antibiotic too. I was scared to take this after reading many poor reviews but, I'm so glad I did. I suffered for a long time before knowing it was my ear causing the problem and I'm so glad I was prescribed this medication. I'm only taking them for 5 days though.”

Enny8 March 2, 2020

For Immunosuppression: “I have been taking prednisolone for 14 years now. As I was diagnosed with autoimmune liver disease at 14, I was on a high doses and had moon face and was completely yellow, through school years its not so nice. I had a liver transplant at the age of 18, and continued on a high dose for quite some time. I am now currently on 5 mgs a day and no moon face! But I have experienced every side effect on the list. It is horrible to take long term, but it's also saved my life. I am covered in bruises all the time, my bones are quite weak and have had falls resulting in fractures, the moods are up and down all the time, I have fluid in my feet and legs that do effect my day to day. Overall its not very nice, but pushing through all the side effects, it's good to still be alive at 27.”

Some body February 18, 2020

For Inflammatory Conditions: “Have been on this drug prednisolone for 4 days to help bring down swelling around my right knee as my body has Psoriatic Arthritis I also have diabetes type 2. The dose was 25mg twice a day. Everything seemed fine, till early in the evening of Tuesday 17/2/20 thats when my blood glucose hit the roof. I was up way too high. Its a wonder I didn't go into a coma. I didn't realise the side effects were that bad, since reading some of the other comments of side effects of others who have taken this drug, I did notice I had similar. The drug may have its good points for some, for me over all, it's not worth it, I'll discontinue taking them. I am more concern about the blood glucose getting out of hand, and increase of infections, as diabetes type 2 is known to develop gangrene, when infections get worse or not treated.”

Nene · Taken for less than 1 month February 2, 2020

For Inflammatory Conditions: “I was diagnosed with sarcoidosis on the skin have really bad skin lumps and rashes just started taking prednisone it seems to be working. The lumps seems to be going down although my appetite has increased a lot and I have gained a few pounds while taking the medications”

Joy · Taken for less than 1 month January 17, 2020

For Asthma, acute: “I take prednisolone for acute asthma. Usually a few times a year 40 mg for 5 days. It works the best for me and it works quickly. I got hot flashes the first night and some irritability for a day or two after my last dose. So worth it for me. I wish I could take it long term.”

MK · Taken for less than 1 month October 8, 2019

For Immunosuppression: “I took prednisone when I went to the doctor for flu like symptoms (body aches etc) and was put on it for 5 days -60 mg. I had had an allergic reaction to an antibiotic I was taking so thats also why I was on it. By day 5, I was starting to get very anxious and from there it just went downhill. I was crying every hour of the day for a week and a half after my last dose. I have anxiety normally but this was next level, I have never felt that way in my life. And it wasn't like a teary cry it was literally like someone had murdered my family member cry. I just don't think the anxiety is worth it. I can genuinely say I will never try this drug again. I'd rather die than take it and I'm not being dramatic. To this day, I'm still trying to get back on track.. If you have anxiety/depression, do not take this drug.”

sally44 September 18, 2019

For Inflammatory Conditions: “I have ankylosing spondylitis that started in my middle 20s, and have suffered chronic back pain most of my life, this disease was never pick up by doctors until I asked for blood test for this disease, which I had done in my early 50s. My spine is totally wrecked with disk's worn out, most disk's are bulged and have even slipped, been on so many pain killers but they do nothing but just take the edge of pain in mornings. I have been on this course of Prednisolone just over a year ago for about 2 weeks and it was very good for pain. Well I have just started another course as my pain is very bad, this medication is fantastic for the pain I'm in and I will keep taking them for longer than I have before. I take 5 pills ( 25 mg total ) in mornings and with no food, the only down fall I have with Prednisolones is they make me very sad, I can cry at anything? But that's all, much better to be sad than be in the pain I was going through, I'm now in my 70s”

Anonymous · Taken for 10 years or more September 17, 2019

For Nephrotic Syndrome: “It helps with the uncomfortable symptoms of inflammation, increases appetite, and gives more spontanity. The bad side to this medicine is that it somehow alters hormones, not only cortisol, but also sex hormones. If you are a child on this medicine, then you might experience altered development and life long changes to your hormonal algorithms.”

Dee Dee · Taken for less than 1 month May 2, 2019

For Inflammatory Conditions: “I was prescribed this medication for a tooth that needed a root canal. My dentist was unable to finish my initial visit because even after 12 shots of Novocaine, I could still feel it when he hit that nerve. So he prescribed this. I took the first 6 tablets in 2 doses since I received it late in the day. Day 2 was great! I had no tooth pain, and I felt 15 years younger! No knee pain, neck pain, or back pain either. I did notice a couple of incidents of heart palpitations that evening, but I sometimes get those anyway, so I wasn't too concerned. I did notice that I was extremely thirsty while on this medication. By day three I noticed my tooth throbbing an hour or so before I was due for the next dose, but I toughed it out. Day four was the same but since the doses were further apart, it was hard to ignore the pain. By day 5 I was supplementing with Advil every 6 hours. Day 6 I had a little vertigo, but not too terrible.”

Ccmcphe2 January 2, 2019

For Immunosuppression: “Autoimmune hepatitis dx'ed. This med has saved my life during flares! Moon face an all...”

Wombat · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 12, 2018

For Inflammatory Conditions: “I had suspected Temporal Arteritis, had biopsy, came back negative but as a precaution was prescribed 60mgs per day for 1 month then decrease to 50mg, 40mg,30mg and so on right down to 1mg per day over 1 year. Am now on 5 weeks and decreasing myself weekly. Can I do this safely and on what regime. the side effects are horrendous and outweigh the 'cure' and it is not sure that I have the problem anyway. ”

Anonymous September 25, 2017

For Dermatitis: “Had itching, redness and rashes between fingers which was named as contact dermatitis from dish wash liquids. The Dr gave me isolone for 7 days. Even within the first 2 days itching disappeared and rashes faded. Very affective.”

Robertoz222222 · Taken for less than 1 month July 21, 2017

For Asthma, acute: “I suffered severe side effects & seemingly withdrawal symptoms after only 9 days of use for pneumonia. Main symptoms experienced: Hypertension Headache Nausea Abdominal discomfort Rapid pounding heartbeat/pulse Lethargy Mental confusion - trouble thinking, foggy brain Bad taste in mouth General feeling of unwell - felt like I was being poisoned. Day 1: 2x 25mg Day 2-5: 1x25mg Day 6-9: 1/2 25mg”

misterjohn · Taken for less than 1 month June 28, 2017

For Inflammatory Conditions: “just starting”

TDEvans21 March 26, 2017

For Inflammatory Conditions: “I have had a very stubborn sinus infection that just won't clear (6 months +). The doctor prescribed 7 days - 30mg of Prednisolone. The first three days I felt great. A lot of energy, clearer breathing, better sleep however after then it went downhill fast. My anxiety and panic sky rocketed after a year of being fine. I was shaking, weak legged, dizzy constantly, my heart rate was through the roof (felt like I had drunk 10 coffee's). I had worst sinus pressure and headaches as well. About day 5 it made my sinus problems worse as well, congestion, mucus production was in overdrive! Three days off them now and still haven't not calmed down. Back to the GP we go :(”

Miss lush · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 11, 2016

For Inflammatory Conditions: “They made me swell up and made my muscles weak. I also developed diabetes”

Ziggy2000 · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 7, 2016

For Inflammatory Conditions: “First time taking pred and was on 40mg for Ulcerative Colitis. Had the expected side effects: -Moonface -Weight gain -Swelling and joint pain -Bad headaches -Brain fog and confusion -Dizziness -Increased appetite -Irritability and mood swings Overall it did control my symptoms effectively for a while but I do believe the side effects from this medication are worse than the actual condition..”

Mushtie · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 12, 2016

For Immunosuppression: “Having taken this medicine in combination with other anti-rejection drugs and steroids following a liver transplant I suffered from severe anger issues. These only subsided once medication was decreased.”

Concerned_Father May 16, 2016

For Nephrotic Syndrome: “My daughter has minimal change disease for many years since 5 years old. She is tolerating prednisolone pretty well with minimal side effects. Yes she is smaller size than her peers but not so small as to be of concern. Her eyes are okay and she did not have cataracts after so many years on this medicine. At this time, she is still dependent on this medicine. Hopefully she grows out of the disease when she reach puberty which is the case for many children with MCD. Thanks.”

JoPemphigusV · Taken for less than 1 month September 28, 2015

For Bullous Pemphigoid: “I was sliding downhill very fast with Pemphigoid/ Pemphigus (I have symptoms of both) before I started taking the Pred- I had them sitting in my cupboard because I was too scared to take them after hearing bad things about the side effects. I know they don't suit everyone but they have been excellent so far for me. There are side effects yes, night sweats, leg twinges, mood swings, curing migraines and curing a persistent arm pain I had for 6 months! The sores on my body are almost healed in 3 weeks after 5 months of agony and I can actually eat again. Long term they're maybe less good for you but they do work well.”

Phil Novak September 13, 2015

For Inflammatory Conditions: “I had post nasal drip with a cough. It helped with cough but the taste was so disgusting that I vomited!”

Catwa · Taken for less than 1 month August 3, 2015

For Inflammatory Conditions: “terrible nauseous feeling. Flank pain, blurred vision and weakness.”

DM08 · Taken for less than 1 month July 5, 2015

For Inflammatory Conditions: “ENT prescribed me 1 x 25mg daily for 10 days to treat tinnitus, in case it was caused by a blocked Eustachian tube. I had a very bad reaction to steroid. I suffered from severe insomnia, depression and anxiety. Psychologically, it caused me a lot of pain. I started tapering off the Prednisolone after 7 days. My ENT advised to just stop and not taper which concerned me as I was told to definitely taper so I tapered on my own by going down from 25mg -> 12.5mg -> 6.25mg. I still suffered from the same psychological issues for 10 days afterwards. Eventually my GP prescribed me Valium. After taking 1 x 10mg valium, I found I returned to a normal psychological state (no anxiety, no depression and sleeping fine). Tinnitus was not helped.”

helicoptor January 5, 2013

For Inflammatory Conditions: “I have a long history of osteoarthritis, it frequently becomes inflamed causing a lot of pain, my Dr will only prescribe prednisone 3 times per year, apparently prednisone over time quickens and makes the arthritis worse! When I take it I could jump through hoops they are fantastic! Take 6 x 5mgs tablets per day for 5 days.”

Anonymous January 29, 2012

For Inflammatory Conditions: “Broncholitis: I gave to my 8 month old prescribed by his Pediatrician for wheezing cough. It did help but he WILL NOT sleep when he takes it. So I only gave to him in the morning and for only a few days. I'd say it's worth it.”