User Reviews for Pentazocine to treat Pain

Pentazocine has an average rating of 6.2 out of 10 from a total of 11 ratings for the treatment of Pain. 45% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 36% reported a negative effect.

Pentazocine Rating Summary

6.2/10 average rating

Compare all 1434 medications used in the treatment of Pain.

Reviews for Pentazocine

Green Goddess10 July 10, 2016

Talwin (pentazocine): “As with any narcotic use with extreme caution and check before mixing with other prescriptions. Highly addictive for some people. Mother lost her job and ultimately life as a result of quack doctors and ultimate addiction to this controlled substance. Wrecked my life.”

Anonymous July 28, 2011

“I suffer from lifelong migraine headaches. This medicine seems to help keep me out of the ER. It is still early to tell, but I am hoping that it will be at least one answer to the puzzle of my near daily pain.”

chronicpainhurts February 11, 2010

“I don't think it works better than Vicodin or other narcotics, but works better than Darvocet and Telynol 3 with codeine. Lasts longer than Vicodin but, pain still 3~4 out of 10. By the way, have fibromyalgia, osteoarthritis, sciatica.”

Bamagirl · Taken for 5 to 10 years August 27, 2019

Talwin (pentazocine): “I have been on this drug Talwin for 6 years for Peripheral Neuropathy. If I didn’t have this medication to control the flare ups I might not be here today. I was so extremely miserable and this medication helps so much.”

Brambo · Taken for less than 1 month August 14, 2021

“Horrific injection for severe migraine! Put me in the ER! Got injection from doctor because nothing was breaking migraine! Drove 12 minutes home. Could not get out of car. Neighbors called doctor and took me to ER. Dizziness, no pain relief, crushing headache, vision problems, weakness so bad ER could not get sinus Xrays because I couldn’t hold my head up. Gave me codeine injection which did not work and began projectile vomiting! (Later found to be allergic to codeine)! Admitted to hospital and had spinal tap. Was viral meningitis! Talwin is on my allergy list! Never again!”

susieque111 October 25, 2008

Talwin (pentazocine): “I live with chronic pain 24/7. I've taken Talwin for about 8 years and don't know what I'd do without it.”

LifeIsGood August 1, 2008

Talwin (pentazocine): “I was given Talwin after having oral surgery.It worked very well.”

superold111 July 10, 2010

Talwin (pentazocine): “No side effects. Takes a little to ease the pain in right leg and back. Do not eat at the same time you take pill, it has a bitter taste.”

Kelticwitch · Taken for less than 1 month January 10, 2013

Talwin (pentazocine): “Scary medicine given for migraine, sent home. Had hallucinations bad. ”

Anonymous May 29, 2013

Talwin (pentazocine): “Kept me awake. Didn't help much with pain.”

bizzaargurl · Taken for less than 1 month April 24, 2014

“Was not hungry for hours, worked the same as Percocet 10 or Vicodin 10. Did give me bossy attitude.”

RareGem · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 7, 2021

“Each time I have a sickle cell crisis and am able to take pentazocine, I feel dizzy immediately and sleep for hours, but once am awake, I feel much more relaxed and the pain is gone.”