User Reviews for Keytruda

Cervical Cancer

1 review 9 medications
Summary of Keytruda reviews 4.7 46 reviews

Reviews for Keytruda

For Melanoma, Metastatic "I had a melanoma on my back, six years later on my lung and three months later on my brain, all successfully removed. I have been on keytruda for 12 months, minimal side effects , scans all clear to date."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 4, 2019

For Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer "My father started taking Keytruda and had a massive heart attack after 2 treatments. He had stage 4 non small cell lung cancer but had extensive testing within the prior year on his heart and it was in perfect shape prior to Keytruda. He passed away several months later."

Sis (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 31, 2019

For Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer "My husband small cell lung cancer spread to brain. Dr. recommend Keytruda, has had 5 treatments 1 every 3 weeks. Dr says scans and blood work looks good, however he has lots a lot of weight, no energy, can't eat also short of breath. He is thinking of stopping treatment because of side effects. Was praying this would work, however I don't think it is."

Stinker (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 28, 2019

For Gastric Cancer "My husband had stage 4 esophageal cancer and we were so excited to be a candidate for this wonderful thing called immunotherapy. All the good of it is shared, but the fact that patients die right after starting Keytruda is not being discussed everywhere. His health declined immediately after starting it and passed away after 2nd treatment. He was doing so well and working daily up until he started the Immunotherapy. I regret ever that we chose to believe nothing but great things about it."

Broken (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 22, 2019

"My husband was being treated for undefined metastatic carcinoma. The biopsy did not provide enough material for diagnosis and the cancer was spreading too quickly to wait for further biopsy results. His markers indicated he would be a perfect candidate for immunotherapy. He received his Keytruda treatment on a Thursday and died less than 48 hours later."

AJ (taken for less than 1 month) February 26, 2019

For Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer "I have been on it for nine months and have had not problem and three clear CT scans. I have stage four small cell lung cancer. Working for me."

J C (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 14, 2019

For Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer "My friend has had 36 treatments and has not had any side effect. Her treatments are every 21 days she is now cancer free and plans on staying on the treatment for the rest of her life. Her COPD is still bad but she is glad to be cancer free."

bird (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 24, 2019

For Solid Tumors "My wife was given this drug as an option to help with her breast cancer, a week later she passed into Heaven, we were both excited and hopeful for an immunotherapy drug like this, which did nothing to save my Beautiful Wife!"

Dave (taken for less than 1 month) January 16, 2019

For Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer "After chemo and radiation treatments I was given six months. My Dr. got me into a keytruda study. After eleven months of keytruda treatments I am considered in remission. I write this because I debated taking keytruda because of the bad reviews. So sorry for the people that didn't have good results, but keytruda was a blessing for me."

boppy (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 19, 2018

For Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer "Husband with stage IV lung cancer died within one week of treatment #3 of Keytruda. He was 90% positive for the PDL1 marker. After 2 nd treatment he started a rapid decline. He died of a massive lung infection. I am devastated."

Broken (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 8, 2018

For Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer "It gave me extreme diarrhea and terrible stomach pain. If I could go back and not take this medication, I would. I discontinued it after 30 days."

Nick (taken for less than 1 month) December 7, 2018

For Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer "My sister’s doctor talked her out of having chemo for her stage four lung cancer and into having Keytruda treatments. It did absolutely nothing for her and the cancer spread like wildfire within a couple weeks, to her liver, adrenal gland and spine. She was admitted into the hospital for severe pain and died five days later. I am heartbroken and angry that her life was shortened by doing essentially nothing but gave her false hope in a totally ineffective drug. They might as well have given her a sugar pill. Keytruda needs to be taken off the market!!"

Grieving sister (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 7, 2018

"My husband has lung cancer metastisize and is dying before my eyes because of ONE keytruda infusion. Within 20 minutes he became dazed, disoriented, could barely walk. This keytruda attacked his liver, kidneys, heart, and who knows what else. Liver number was 1080, up from a normal 30 - 40. His kidney and heart numbers were equally bad. This drug continues to destroy his body. Now he sits in a dazed condition because of the pain and medication needed to control this pain. I know it works for some but this ketruda is stealing my loving husband from me."

grieving wife (taken for less than 1 month) December 5, 2018

For Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer "My mom tested as PDL1-70, and Keytruda was used to treat. Immediately after her 2nd infusion, her muscles were affected, sore and swollen. Her heart started to beat erratically, then shortness of breath. After 5 day of doctors treating her with steroids, then having no idea what to do or how to treat her, she passed away - while suffering. No cancer was present via CT scans performed the day before she passed."

Upset (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 10, 2018

For Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer "diagnosed with extensive Stage IV NSCLC with numerous mets to the liver and adrenal glands. After four infusions with Keytruda all liver mets are gone and adrenal mets greatly reduced in size. Used as first line treatment. Very grateful. No major side effects. Feeling run down with low appetite attributed to the remaining cancer and after affects of radiation to hip bone met."

Sid October 18, 2018

For Head and Neck Cancer "I've been on Keytruda for eleven months now. So far the growth has slowed to where we can call it "arrested". At least it has bought me another year of life. The side-effects are manageable, for me at least, so I guess I'm one of the "lucky" (I don't feel lucky having cancer to begin with) ones from reading the other reviews."

Artemis Captain (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 13, 2018

For Melanoma "My 79 year old husband died having 2 treatments of Keytruda. He declined over 1 month it was horrible. I am so upset and was told immunotherapy killed him. His oncologist said the toxic side effects took his life. I believe it is responsible for his death"

shorty (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 3, 2018

For Head and Neck Cancer "4 injections so far on Keytruda as a first line HNSCC treatment. No side effects. Approximately 70% reduction already in my left side face swelling which is due to swollen lymph nodes that have been swollen for years. 3 month MRI due Oct 8th 2018, so too early to say anything about tumor response. Diagnosed 6 years ago but did no treatment until Keytruda as I did not want to do radiation in the oral cavity and was offered nothing else. I have found many sources indicating the patient must have an undamaged microbiome for the treatment to work effectively. Patients on previous platinum based chemotherapies will have a weak microbiome. Action should be taken to restore the microbiome prior to starting immunotherapy. John"

john (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 2, 2018

For Cervical Cancer "So far I've been on this medication for a month and a half and I have noticed a decline in my strength and I have severe weakness and I can no longer walk. Before I was taking this drug I was able to get around with a walker and I had more strength. I believe this medication makes you weaker which I don't understand because if it boost your immune system you would think that it would make you stronger and give you more energy. Yet it is doing the complete opposite and I am still getting more tumors in my lungs. So I don't think it is doing what it's supposed to do I might come off of it and give my body a break and go back to some other chemotherapy regimen to shrink the rest of the tumors. Let me know if you have any experience like this with keytruda for cervical cancer"

Patvicky (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 30, 2018

For Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer "Had five treatments, 2spots gone and one has shrunk by 25%."

yago (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 16, 2018

For Head and Neck Cancer "After taking keytruda from Aug to May 2018 I was in ICU for a week. It gave me type 2 diabetes & Thyroid disease. I had 1 disease. Now I have 3. Thanks Keytruda."

Shalimar123 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 13, 2018

For Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer "Although it seems some have had a bad experience with this drug, as in some other posts mine was positive. My father found out he had lung cancer. His brother and father both had also, and passed away at 74 (both same age). My father has been a heavy smoker since age 15, as they were also. After finding out he had tumors on his lungs, we both felt it was a death sentence. He informed me that he was going to do some treatments with a new drug. I had never heard of, and I work for a pharmaceutical. Keytruda was the name of it. Of course you have to qualify health, stage of cancer and other aspects to be treated. He was a high candidate for this drug as per his doctor. He began treatments immediately upon that confirmation. Within three months one of his two tumors was gone. The other had shrunk 50 %. Here we are in August, the other tumor is gone as per his scans, as well as his blood being normal. Now they did not say he was cured, but his treatments have ceased."

Jer August 13, 2018

For Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer "So last April my mom was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer. Turns out she was a candidate for keytruda. Her first treatment she became very ill. Ended up in ICU for low sodium. It was bad. She was very ill and was going to stop the treatments. We and the doctor talked her into continuing and honestly she's done amazing with it. The cancer has shrunk. You would never know my mom has cancer. 1.5 yrs later and still doing everything she did years ago. I'm sorry it hasn't worked for everyone but it truly is a miracle drug for some. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for the extra time with my mother."

My mom August 6, 2018

For Solid Tumors "My mother has been taking this for a few months and she has completely changed. She suffers from extreme memory loss, confusion, body rashes, and now has to get fluids weekly because she sweats constantly. She has lost an insane amount of weight, lost all her muscle, and is shaky. Her body is in constant pain. She took a break from it for a few months and during that time she felt better but her cancer came back. They say she will be taking this drug for the remainder of her life. "it'll keep her alive", but honestly, at what cost? This medicine has robbed her of her quality of life. I would never recommend this to anyone who is looking for healing. it does more harm than good."

johndoe (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 13, 2018

For Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer "Oncologist confirmed it caused a Heart attack and severe Pneumonitis. Watch your family member closely for shortness of breathe or feeling like they are smothering. Side effects worse than chemo. Has now probably shortened life and diminished quality of life left. We were so excited and hopeful after being approved, now we are devastated. Never thought it would happen because the side effects are so "rare" but it did... after 2 treatments."

4JCL (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 25, 2018