User Reviews for Pegfilgrastim

Also known as: Neulasta, Udenyca, Fulphila, Ziextenzo, Nyvepria

Neutropenia Associated with Chemotherapy 5.6

Reviews for Pegfilgrastim

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month June 22, 2020

Udenyca (pegfilgrastim) for Neutropenia Associated with Chemotherapy: “Please don’t take this drug it made me feel like walking dead for days. I was aching it was very uncomfortable sitting lying down, and walking.”

Poo · Taken for less than 1 month March 26, 2020

Neulasta (pegfilgrastim) for Neutropenia Associated with Chemotherapy: “I had my 2nd Neulasta a week ago today. The bone pain is horrible. I've been taking the Claritin/Advil that my nurse said would help with the pain. Here it is a week later and it's getting worse. Barely able to sleep. Laid on ice last night which helped but the minute I got off the ice the pain returned. Luckily I have only 1 more of 6 chemo treatments so this should be the last time I get Neulasta. The pain is excruciating. Hope this stops soon.”

Jdawg · Taken for less than 1 month February 24, 2020

Neulasta (pegfilgrastim) for Neutropenia Associated with Chemotherapy: “Oh man, the pain. The all over bone pain, the chest pain, the bloody nose, but mostly the pain. I feel like I’ve been hit by a bus, make it stop!”

Husky · Taken for less than 1 month February 1, 2020

Neulasta (pegfilgrastim) for Neutropenia Associated with Chemotherapy: “Had my first round of Chemo on Wednesday and a Neulasta injection in abdomen the next day. At day 2 pain in knees was increasing. Last night pain felt like my knees were exploding! Pain meds won't touch it! Haven't slept. Dr. said it's a reaction to Neulasta. Please tell me this will go away and not get worse in the next few days!”

SS · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 2, 2020

Neulasta (pegfilgrastim) for Neutropenia Associated with Chemotherapy: “Receiving Neulasta Onpro after chemo for stage 2 TNBC. I've had 3 cycles with it and taking the Claritin definitely helps (in my case) ease the bone pain a bit. I haven't had it nearly as severely as some of the other reviewers, but it is unpleasant, nonetheless. More importantly, the reason for my low review is that my white cell counts are still very low and my ANC is near zero - critically low - I don't think it's really doing it's job. Plan to discuss the possibility of discontinuing with my oncologist.”

me November 28, 2019

Neulasta (pegfilgrastim) for Neutropenia Associated with Chemotherapy: “dr prescribed this Neulasta after chemo. had 2 lots so far and I will never take it again! Both times were bad but the second time was worse. The glands on the sides of my neck hurts so bad and swelled. My ears hurt my jaw hurt. Low grade fever for 2 days. Second dose was the same with swollen neck glands low grade fever 100.5 and ear pain Declining this med next week.”

Shoulders Gone To Heck November 23, 2019

Neulasta (pegfilgrastim) for Neutropenia Associated with Chemotherapy: “Nine years ago I was diagnosed with a very aggressive stage III breast cancer. Did strong chemo every two weeks and got a total of 8 shots of Neulasta alternating arms. The onpro was not available then. Reported terrible shoulder tip pain even after the first shot and it got worse, but to stay on the chemo schedule, I toughed it out. Bone pain was excruciating. Two years ago I started having shoulder issues after a rotator cuff tear. Lots of adhesive capsulitis, manipulated several times, finally had a scapular tendon replacement done after 4 surgeries. Now next month, after no injury, my other shoulder has an 75-80%tear from deterioration with adhesive capsulitis too. No family history of breast cancer or shoulder issues genetically. My question is has there been any studies done on how this drug Neulasta ( Pegfilgrastim) effects shoulder tendons? My orthopedic surgeon has a lot of breast cancer survivors with rotator cuff surgeries that have had this shot?”

Nan · Taken for less than 1 month October 24, 2019

Neulasta (pegfilgrastim) for Neutropenia Associated with Chemotherapy: “Second round of chemo combo of taxol/cisplatin/avastin and Dr gave Neulasta onpro to keep WBC up. On day 5 had left femur pain. Day 6 started horrible upper sternum, lower back pelvis pain. The pain is constant unless I’m walking around. I can’t lay, sleep or get any relief with the use of Claritin, ibuprofen, Tylenol, warm bath, or cold compress. Pain is an 7-8 that pushes 9 when I try to lay down. I will never take this drug ever again. This is worse than the chemo with absolutely no relief. Just hoping the pain doesn’t last for days.”

Nellie · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 19, 2019

Neulasta (pegfilgrastim) for Neutropenia Associated with Chemotherapy: “Bar none, use of the Neulasta Onpro Patch after chemo (for Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma )produced the most excruciating pain I have ever experienced. I’m a tough old broad of 70, but after two attempts to comply with my oncologist’s recommendations, I begged him to just let me die instead. OxyContin did not touch the pain, as I felt every bone in my body was ready to explode. I could not sit, stand, lie, or walk without bending double in agony. And guess what! My WBC dropped from a normal of 4.6 to 2.9 and is still that ten months later. My son is an oncologist and prescribes Neulasta as an absolute last resort for patients who demand it, thanks to clever advertising! A money-maker, yes; a helpful drug? I don't think so”

Linderloo September 15, 2019

Neulasta (pegfilgrastim) for Neutropenia Associated with Chemotherapy: “I've had 6 doses of Nulesta and have not had any side effects at all. I would recommend placing it on your stomach, as I first had one on my upper arm and almost ripped it off getting dressed bc I forgot it was there! I take 1 Claritin a night which keeps the bone pain away. Mine was a very positive experience and I would do it again.”

SPS · Taken for less than 1 month September 7, 2019

Neulasta (pegfilgrastim) for Neutropenia Associated with Chemotherapy: “I was doing great until day 3. I started feeling a few pains. By day 7 I was crying & headed to the ER. I felt like I was in labor. 1st it was my stomach. My back was the worst. I was in extreme pain.”

Mimi · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 29, 2019

Neulasta (pegfilgrastim) for Neutropenia Associated with Chemotherapy: “After the 1st. chemo treatment for Hodgkins Lymphoma, I had severe lower back pains from the Neulasta injection for almost 24 hours. It felt like someone knocking from the inside. So bad I could barely talk. After the 12 Th. chemo treatment I ended up with still a lower back pain but I had a hard time sleeping since every time I moved a little I would get this discomfort (don’t know any other way to explain it) all across my back, hip and side. Even trying to sit up straight was daunting. Doctor had prescribed a pain killer but it didn’t do much good, and that Tylenol/Claritin combo did not help. That back pain is still going on for several days. I’m constantly afraid to move.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month August 28, 2019

Udenyca (pegfilgrastim) for Neutropenia Associated with Chemotherapy: “I have been receiving bio similar for 2 1/2 years. This is the first time receiving Udenyca and it feels like a mad truck hit me. The side effects have had me in bed for 5 days. I want Neulasta back.”

Rebound · Taken for less than 1 month August 10, 2019

For Neutropenia Associated with Chemotherapy: “Ugh, this pegfilgrastim medication needs a dose reduction alternative! I’ve had two of these shots and both times, about two days after I’m in such pain, I feel like I’m having a heart attack, but throughout my entire body! It did what it was supposed to, my white blood counts shot way up....way higher than even when I was healthy....which makes me wonder....why can’t I get a smaller dose? Maybe then I wouldn’t have so much pain. It’s midnight right now and I can’t sleep because my hips and chest are feeling it. It’s a pain that’s hard to describe. Kind of an electric pain, but it throbs, sometimes it’s stronger, like a surge. It sucks. I guess it works, but who knows if I’d be better off without it, this goes on for about 2 1/2 days.”

Rigdon · Taken for less than 1 month July 4, 2019

Neulasta (pegfilgrastim) for Neutropenia Associated with Chemotherapy: “This drug Neulasta is the worst ! The side effects are horrible and absolutely not worth any possible benefit. Come on Amgen step up your game. You made 3.8 billion dollars off this drug last year. I think you can surely do better.”

Dark May 18, 2019

Udenyca (pegfilgrastim) for Neutropenia Associated with Chemotherapy: “A week after having injection of Udenyca I have ended up having a full cardiac workup in emergency room,. Severe chest pains, radiating to back. Awful discomfort. My heart was not the problem. My oncologist took me off Udenyca shot as he said that these pains were a side effect of it. Please know your body. Look for new conditions happening. Call your doctor. Or go to ER like I did.”

Drew · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 3, 2019

Neulasta (pegfilgrastim) for Neutropenia Associated with Chemotherapy: “I have Diffuse Large Cell B Lymphoma and have experienced so far that Neulasta Onpro does work to raise your WBC thats for sure. The big negative that I experienced is the terrible bone pain that occurs several days after the drug is administered, like someone is tapping on your hip and thigh bones, and lower spine with a hammer. Pretty bad pain. The first time, the pain was really bad for 12 hours, couldn't sleep, was in bed flat and couldn't move the affected areas at all, was in so much pain, just as I lay there, it was the worst pain I have ever felt. I am on the second use now, 4 days after it took effect as I write this and the pain is in the same spots and it pretty bad, but not unbearable at this point like the last time.. Hope it doesn't get worse as the night goes on.”

willie · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 28, 2019

Neulasta (pegfilgrastim) for Neutropenia Associated with Chemotherapy: “I have never felt worse than I have after receiving this medication. I received a shot after my treatments and today has been the worse ever. I cannot feel my hands and my feet hurt to stand/walk. I will be asking my doctor to take this out of my regimen..”

Angie · Taken for less than 1 month February 25, 2019

Neulasta (pegfilgrastim) for Neutropenia Associated with Chemotherapy: “My 89.5 year old mom got a shot of neulasta on Tuesday. Her first and only one. She has been so sick; we are assuming from the shot. She has a red rash and severe left upper abdominal pain. Sharp pains and tenderness. And sharp pains when she breathes in. It has been 5 days since the shot and the pain is still strong. She isn't having bone pain at all, like some others have. We are hoping she feels better any minute now and have delayed seeking medical attention as we hope this will pass. She sees her dr again in 3 days and hope he acts like he cares.”

Jgoat · Taken for less than 1 month February 13, 2019

Neulasta (pegfilgrastim) for Neutropenia Associated with Chemotherapy: “My little brother has stage 4 pancreatic cancer that has spread to his liver. He was diagnosed in early September of this year. He got up early on day 2 after taking Neulasta and complained about severe pain from his stomach to the back of his neck and shoulders. We just heard about the Claritan medication application through this news letters and others. I just wanted to say thanks to all of you for recommending the Claritan to help stop some of the pain. He just hates taking pain medications for the way it makes him feel. He is just so worn out all of the time. Will try and get back to you nice people for helping with the advice. He has a very rare cancer so we will see. Again Thanks for the advice.”

Flyniah · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 4, 2019

Neulasta (pegfilgrastim) for Neutropenia Associated with Chemotherapy: “I didn’t expect the pain to be so bad. My jaw, teeth, arms, legs and stomach were all hurting. Felt like labor pains!!! I’ve had 4 children and wasn’t as uncomfortable as this! I’m not sure I want to go through this again in a few weeks”

Junebug · Taken for less than 1 month December 13, 2018

Neulasta (pegfilgrastim) for Neutropenia Associated with Chemotherapy: “I have stage 2b lung cancer. I have had surgery but am receiving chemotherapy because it was also found in my lymph nodes. The first time my white cell numbers were down I had to postpone chemo and get one shot of the generic Nuelasta each day for 3 days. I have now had 1 dose on the OnPro Nuelasta. The shots made my bones hurt much more than Nuelasta but no one told me about Claritin when I got the shots. I begin the Claritin 1 day before chemo, take it the day of, and 3 days after. I had no pain at all. I take the extended release Claritin D every 24 hrs. Hope this helps someone.”

Dad's Daughter November 26, 2018

Neulasta (pegfilgrastim) for Neutropenia Associated with Chemotherapy: “Hi, I'm writing re: my father's experience. Re: "123mfd123" comment - I track Dad's blood levels. After one chemo/Neulasta round, there was no WBC count spike (typical by day 7). Doctor's henchman said Neulasta "absolutely did not malfunction." I dug the spent injectors out of the "sharps" container (note: injector blue tube isn't sharp), weighed them on a kitchen scale, & called Neulasta (company: Amgen) customer service w/ weights & Lot #s. FDA mandates that Med Device Companies take all complaints seriously. Amgen sent me a box to return the slightly-heavier injector associated w/the missing WBC spike. I want Amgen to have the data, so they can improve their product or recall any faulty product if needed. Other than that dispenser, we've had no issues.”

Jazz · Taken for 2 to 5 years September 24, 2018

Neulasta (pegfilgrastim) for Neutropenia Associated with Chemotherapy: “Onpro ads on TV are so bogus. First of all , all patients should be shown BALD. They romanticize this entire experience. Once you get Neulasta or Onpro, you experience debilitating bone/muscle pain. You cannot stand to be touched literally. From head to toe. Claritin? Ha, helps minimally if at all. Me, I take home the shot and give it to myself 24 hours after my treatment. Okay it helps with neutropenia, I get it. But please don’t show women with a full head of hair with Onpro on their arm. We are bald, feel like crap, and it takes 2 days to get over the side affects of this over priced drug. Cancer in all its forms is ugly, and so is its treatment.”

Jack · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 22, 2018

Neulasta (pegfilgrastim) for Neutropenia Associated with Chemotherapy: “If I see that stupid commercial one more time. “ wouldn’t you rather stay at home”. No, I wouldn’t. I would rather go get a shot everyday than take this. Horrible side effects. This drug is all about big pharma and money.”