User Reviews for Paxil (Page 8)

Learn more about Paxil.

Anxiety and Stress 63 reviews 9 medications

7.1
Summary of Paxil reviews 500 reviews 8.0

Reviews for Paxil

For Anxiety "I have been taking Paxil for the past 5 years and it makes me feel great I do not get any anxiety attacks since I started one thing that helps me is the support of my husband and exercise and good eating habits. Theses things assist with living a more richer and happier life. I do not intend on stopping because the good out ways the bad."

trinigirl (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 11, 2014

184 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "Even through this medicine helps you to get over with some issues that you struggle in your everyday life, it doesn't really help you at all in terms of your depressive thoughts and depression itself."

J. Pinkman (taken for less than 1 month) August 6, 2014

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder "Was on it and later Remeron for 3 months. Remeron was an near-instant help; Paxil did some good things. Apparently, a great anxiety med. Effects didn't really last and I got anxious/depressed to a large extent. Went off and had a hard withdrawal."

King Bean (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 4, 2014

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder "I was on Celexa for a year and it did nothing. I switched to Paxil and it has helped lessen my symptoms. I am on 40mg."

OIF Veteran (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 3, 2014

For Social Anxiety Disorder "I literally thought there was 0 hope for me. My anxiety has increased drastically as I've gotten older and has led to social anxiety. Going out in public would depress me, I constantly thought people were plotting against me and talking about me. I have been on Paxil for about a month. Thank God. My work days are MUCH better, I don't analyze the hell out of everything and I'm not afraid of people. I can now get out of bed and look forward to the day, not dread it."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 28, 2014

94 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety "I developed an extreme anxiety disorder inside my own home. Every day, my anxiety was at a constant 8/10, and if an 'event' occurred, it would become an anxiety attack (10 /10). I was prescribed Klonopin & fluoxetine (which I'd successfully taken before for depression). This lasted NINE MONTHS. My therapist was giving me useful tools to use to conquer the anxiety, however my symptoms were too high for them to be effective. My prescribing doctor switched me to Paxil/paroxetine and it changed my life. Within 2-3 weeks my constant anxiety leveled out to a 3 or lower and I was better able to use the tools to conquer any spike in anxiety. Paxil helped me to take back control of my life. Anxiety no longer owns me!"

FeelingGreat (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 27, 2014

216 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety "I've been prescribed and taking Paxil for about 3 months now. At first I was nervous about because of the reviews on it saying there would be no sex life and I'm currently in a relationship and have been for 2 years. I'm taking Paxil for anxiety. My sex life hasn't changed at all. Paxil has completely taken away my anxiety and I feel awesome. Give it a shot."

bbm23242 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 17, 2014

241 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "First off I just want to say, please don't be alarmed/afraid when you read that your going to gain a tremendous amount of weight while taking Paxil. Not saying by any means anybody is lying nor the information they provide about this medicine is false. Everybody is different and will receive different results. I almost contacted my physician right away, in demands I obtain a different medication after hearing about the weight gain, however, I gave it a fair chance. I did NOT want to a eat a thing while on Paxil and my friends already noticed I've dropped a significant amount of weight. Please don't avoid this medication because of freight about weight gain because it might very well not happen! My social anxiety also vanished."

Amandaaaaa July 14, 2014

158 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder "I have been on Paxil twice in my life. When I was teenager, my doctor prescribed me Paxil to control depression. I was on it until I started my Master's. I stopped taking it because I did not think that I needed it anymore. For about five to six years, I wasn't taking Paxil, but I noticed that my anxiety got worse. It got so bad that I began to get panic attacks almost every morning. I also developed an ulcer and was diagnosed with severe Irritable Bowel Syndrome. My doctor decided to place me back on Paxil. After being on for 6 months, I feel absolutely wonderful. I still get anxious every once in awhile but not to the point that I feel as though I'm going to have a panic attack. I've also been able to control my panic attacks on my own."

Wonder Drug For Me (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 13, 2014

For Anxiety "Numbs your emotions. Which is fine if you like your positive emotions numb too. Not a serious solution to mental problems, just a way to cover them up. Dont listen to the doctor who tells you to halve your pill every week, you need to taper your dose by 10% and only drop again after about 6 weeks. Please don't listen to opinions of people who have been on this for only a couple of weeks!"

Mattyb78 July 8, 2014

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety "I've been on Paxil since I was 5, I'm almost 20 now. I've had really bad anxiety my entire life. I started at 5mg daily, as I got older, my dosage slowly increased to 20mg, which is my current dose. I had a few bad life experiences when I was younger that caused my anxiety to increase tenfold, so my DR tried to swap the Paxil for something else. Bad idea, none of the other SSRIs worked; I had a severe increase in anxiety and side effects, so he put me back on the Paxil. Paxil has been the only pill to help my anxiety and I haven't had any side effects from it."

ThrashingThrasher (taken for 10 years or more) July 5, 2014

136 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Social Anxiety Disorder "To the person who recommended NeoCitran, do not take NeoCitran if you're taking Paxil or any other SSRI, unless the form of NeoCitran doesn't contain Dextromethorphan. These two medicines have a major interaction that could cause serotonin syndrome, which is relevant to my review of Paxil. My experience with Paxil so far hasn't been the best. Side effects have been pretty bad, and as I also have ADHD, taking both Paxil and Vyvanse has lead to some serotonin syndrome-like symptoms. I got mild serotonin syndrome a few days after I started taking Paxil, because I had been taking both Paxil and Vyvanse in the morning. I find that if I take Paxil at least 12 hours after Vyvanse, the side effects are minimal and haven't had any further problems."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 3, 2014

For Depression "Loved this medicine, helped me a lot. Problem is I got glaucoma."

cinzach June 25, 2014

For Major Depressive Disorder "Have been on Paxil 20-60mg for 11 years and have found that while I still experience depressive episodes, occasionally suicidal ideas, I tend to recover faster- weeks instead of months. I've also experienced weight gain 30+ lbs, high blood pressure, constant dry mouth, lack of libido and difficulty with orgasms. These side effects have affected my marriage and self-esteem and am currently slowly weaning off Paxil."

Female40 (taken for 10 years or more) June 19, 2014

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder "I can honestly say, after years and years of dealing with my anxiety, leaving school to be homeschooled, not being able to function and just accomplish and do the things I wanted to do, being a slave to anxiety every second of my life, finally at 18, after a year of what has been the worst anxiety of my life, I made the decision to take Paxil. 26 days on the medicine and I can honestly say it has changed my life, and saved it. I have never felt so wonderful in my entire life, anxiety does not exist in my life or control me anymore, I am now in control, and it was such a beautiful relief to have such an incredible outcome."

Anamax June 11, 2014

93 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "I've been on Paxil since I was 19. I am now 34. This medication has saved my life. I have read a ton of negative comments about Paxil and I truly believe it is not for everyone. It either works great or not. For me life before Paxil was horribly scary. I had massive panic disorder and was sheltered in my home all the time. I used to struggle with a few of the side effects of Paxil such as decreased sex drive and the feeling of nausea. However I have learned over the last 15 years of being on it, how to change the side effects through other positive reinforcements such as meditation and positive thinking. I no longer have the side effects. Perhaps 15 year has helped with that too. I stayed on Paxil when I had all three of my children."

JToni (taken for 10 years or more) May 30, 2014

For Depression "I wonder if anyone can relate to my experience with Paxil. During about 17 years of severe depression and anxiety, no medication (I've tried them all) seemed to help and the ones that did, brought along unbearable side effects. ECT didn't help either. Paxil is the only pill that really works for me, but it makes me slightly manic. Combining it with a mood stabiliser works perfect %u2013 but only for 6 months. After that, it's depression all over again. After waiting for another 6 months, I can start using Paxil in combination with a mood stabiliser again, with good results that always only lasts for 6 months. This 6 months on/6 months off has become a very predictable pattern over the years. "

JohannesB (taken for 10 years or more) May 26, 2014

For Anxiety "This really works. Been on it for a week and now feeling much less anxious. My anxiety was pretty bad, couldn't get through the work day without an anxiety/panic attack. Saw a Dr and since then this medicine has really helped."

Cymro May 23, 2014

134 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety "I started to use Paroxetine since May 8, 2014, my experience until now is great, the pill helps me to relax and calm, I was like very anxious all the time. What I like is that the pill does not make me feel sleepy, I feel much better. "

orchidr May 20, 2014

117 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety "I took Paxil for 5 years for severe panic attacks and anxiety. I got to the point where I could barely leave the house without anxiety. I was on 20 mg once a day and it worked wonders for me. I felt "normal" for the first time in years. HOWEVER... I gained 50 lbs. I decided to get off and weaned myself very slowly but still had withdrawal symptoms: brain zaps, severe headaches, dizzy, restless, faint, weak and the list goes on. I have been off for 5 months now and still have symptoms. "

JNoonie (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 18, 2014

86 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety "Really worked for me, paroxetine definitely took the edge off and lessened anxiety symptoms. Would still have benzodiazepine as needed but this was 1-2 per month. Great antidepressant for anxiety & panic disorder."

Soundchain (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 17, 2014

80 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder "Paxil is very effective. I struggled with anxiety for a year and Paxil is the only thing that helped."

Anxiety16 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 16, 2014

For Anxiety "I started Paxil after being off antidepressants for a couple of months for bad anxiety and depression. This medication made me feel like a million bucks within the first couple of weeks. I was able to get up on time, didn't feel tired, and was exceedingly happy. Unfortunately, I had to get off of it because it caused bad Restless Leg Syndrome for me."

anutterblonde (taken for less than 1 month) May 12, 2014

For Anxiety "It really works wonders. I've been on it for almost a week and I'm just so calm and chilled. My anxiety started getting really, really bad. To the point where I'd cry over nothing almost. I'd sit and stress over the most trivial matters, but in my mind they were huge and irreparable. I'd stopped eating, it freak out on my own etc. Being social became a huge issue and rationalizing that everything would be okay didn't work anymore. Eventually I bit the bullet and saw a Dr and since then this medicine has really been an absolute blessing."

Craig_29 May 11, 2014

170 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety "Great medicine. I suffer minor depression and anxiety. Have my whole life. I been taking this almost 2 years. If you want to stop taking this medicine, lean off it really slow. I'm taking 20mg in the morning and at night."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 10, 2014