User Reviews for Paroxetine (Page 9)

Also known as: Brisdelle, Paxil, Paxil CR, Pexeva

Postpartum Depression
6.6

Summary of Paroxetine reviews 7.3 946 reviews

Reviews for Paroxetine

Paxil (paroxetine) for Depression: "Before I was on Paxil,I just felt sad all the time. I felt like crying a lot,I could hardly get through work, I had a loss of interest in activities, I lacked energy, plus most of the other symptoms for major depression (except for thoughts of suicide), I had..and this went on for almost a few years until I finally had enough and sought out the help of a doctor. The doctor prescribed Paxil 20mg once a day, and I swear I have never felt better in my life. I feel like I finally have my life back, and I don't feel sad all the time. Most importantly,I feel like myself again"

This medicine is awesome (taken for less than 1 month) January 6, 2017

Paxil (paroxetine) for Panic Disorder: "Been on Paxil for about a month and I feel great...I'm on 20 MG but may need to go higher I'm not at 100%"

Jules3779 January 4, 2017

Paxil (paroxetine) for Depression: "Everyone's experience is different. I was prescribed paxil 20mg for depression /social anxiety. I have been taking it for over a month. I was incredibly afraid to take it but now that I have been taking it I'm really happy I did. This is the best I have been mentally my entire life. I read a lot of negative things on the internet, but that was not my experience. I have more clarity now. I LOST WEIGHT! I'm happy waking up. I sleep amazing. I feel like I don't even have depression anymore. It has helped some with anxiety. I did have negative side effects for the first week, but that passed quickly. If you're like me you looked up things on the internet and got scared. Please listen to your doctor and not the whiney people on the internet."

Has too many cats January 3, 2017

Paxil (paroxetine) for Panic Disorder: "20 years I've been on Paxil from age 31 til now, at 51 (with one year off with Effexor). I had ever panic attacks combined with depression. Its been a great it saved me. About 5 years ago I was tapering off very nicely without side effects. Then six months later I spiralled with another very, very dark depression, with intense anxiety. Wanted to die, but would never intentionally do it. Had to seek a psychiatrist who put me on non-SSRI's. I continued to spiral down. Finally went to another Dr who put me back on Paxil. I was extremely grateful as it got me better very quickly. I don't think I will ever try going off again."

CQ (taken for 10 years or more) December 31, 2016

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety and Stress: "At first I loved paxil because I wasn't crying all the time but even as I'm writing this I feel like there are sprinklers going off in my head. I'm always forgetting things, 0 sex drive, either I'm in a euphoric state of mind or completely absent minded. I constantly feel stoned (and not the good kind).I just started a new job and I can hardly focus."

Crazy. Jerky. Mood swings December 31, 2016

Paxil (paroxetine) for Depression: "I was prescribed Paxil for anxiety & depression when I was 13. Initially, it did all it was promised with few side affects. Over the years it seemed to lose it's effectiveness, but I was afraid to come off it for fear I would be worse off. Finally started the process of weaning myself off it when multiple reports came out saying it was DANGEROUS and had multiple long term effects on teenagers. I had been taking it for nearly a decade. The withdrawals were the worst thing I have experienced in my life. Thought I was dying. My face and limbs didn't feel real. The "zaps". I was nonfunctional, and this lasted months. Please use extreme caution and have someone closely monitor you when you decide to wean off this medication."

FormerPaxilUser (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 29, 2016

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I love this med although at first like the first I felt like a zombie no emotions whatsoever. It was like numb feelings wise for a day. As time passed my med helped my insomnia significantly. The insomnia had been affected my mood that caused me to have crying spells. Paroxetine definitely helped with these spells. Recently my dad passed away and my mom was scared that I would have a bad crisis but all I have is the normal grieving process. Thank Goodness because my mom needs me strong."

PAOLA ULLOA (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 27, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder: "This medication gave me liver failure in a matter of three weeks. I am lucky to be alive after being prescribed this awful drug!"

SHDOW December 21, 2016

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I am taking 20mg of Paroxetine a day. I have only been taking it for one week but I am starting to feel a lot more positive. I don't feel as tired, I'm not comfort eating and I find myself in a better mood. I understand it has only been a week but I haven't felt this "up" on other SSRI's, my previous one being Sertraline which did not agree with me. My side effects have been a headache (for the first 3 days), constant dry mouth, trouble sleeping through the night, my jaw feels tight and lack of appetite. I also suffer from Trichotillomania, I have still found myself pulling eyelashes. It has only been a week so I hope I continue to improve."

KMH90 (taken for less than 1 month) December 19, 2016

For Depression: "I switched from Paxil to Paroxetene to save co-pay money. Big mistake. I learned very quickly that the generic is inferior to the brand, and I would not recommend switching. The generic can be manufactured anywhere in the world and the chemical formula differs from one manufacturer to the next. The generic version left me irritable and slightly depressed, even though my Dr. said there was no difference between them. I spent six months of the generic (job stress was the culprit) and then switched permanently to the brand."

Theo 2 December 19, 2016

Paxil (paroxetine) for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "Be careful with this drug"

Yippie (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 14, 2016

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety: "I have been on and off Paxil CR several times over the past 3 years. It has been a life saver! I am able to be myself and enjoy life everyday instead of focusing on my Anxiety. The first few weeks can be a little challenging adjusting to the medicine but it is totally worth some nausea and sleeplessness."

Anonymous December 13, 2016

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety and Stress: "Thanks to paxil (paroxetine) my life got basically destroyed. I was depressed before taking it, yes, but i hadn't mood swings, 0 emotions, sexual disfunctions, cognitive issues, tremors, memory not working. I feel like an empty shell. Avoid please"

Paxil victim (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 13, 2016

Paxil (paroxetine) for Depression: "This was for my MDD,BPD, and OCD, I hated this. Sick all the time. If I didn't eat, meds made me sick. If I did, they'd screw with my stomach. Everything was worse. Black and white is an understatement. I was significantly worse on these meds than without. Withdrawals were terrible. The only good thing was that insurance covered a lot of it."

RMR08 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 12, 2016

Paxil (paroxetine) for Social Anxiety Disorder: "I have suffered from all kinds of anxieties, like Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Panic Attacks, Obsessive thoughts and Social anxiety. There are times when you have NO social anxiety, for instance, in my case, even after stopping 25mg CR version Paxil, there had been no fear of social confrontation, just shyness or may be low self-esteem or introversion. But when SA attacks again, its a very gradual process. Even if you notice a slight sign of SA coming back, you try to disprove your own opinion by thinking - ''Now I have learned, this feeling is just stupid, doesn't make sense and I am definitely not gonna develop a full fledged SA." But when SA comes back you have no idea but to start taking Paxil again."

DeepanshuGupta_India (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 9, 2016

Paxil (paroxetine) for Social Anxiety Disorder: "I have only been on this medication for about a month, and I've felt the best I've felt in over two years. I feel my self esteem has increased, as well as toleration of speaking to people and being in crowds. Only thing is that my appetite has gone up somewhat, and I've gained a little weight. But that is only a small price to pay for a happier life."

stalecupcake3466 December 9, 2016

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety: "I have been taking Paxil now for 3 months. Within 2 weeks ALL of my random panic attacks stopped. No more frustration or trying to understand why I have crushing panic attacks... they are gone and I sleep like a baby. It is God sent I lived in turmoil for years. I'm taking 20mg every morning. Only bad part is.... I have almost no appetite and my sex drive is slightly lower than normal. Small price to pay to have peace of mind. Hope this helps."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 29, 2016

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety and Stress: "Yeah, Paxil definitely saved my arse really. I tried prozac first and went totally off the rails with anxiety and 2 days on paxil and I slept and knew that it was the one for me. I am a fool though because I keep trying to come off it because it works so well for anxiety. I have been reduced to 10 mg's from 20 and have been enjoying that but noticed that my mind fluctuates between optimism and pessimism really quite quickly. The mind is a strange thing. Anyway, it keeps me grounded, no panic attacks, no anxiety. Amazing how we all react so differently to these various SSRI's. Pity about the sex drive with Paxil. I fall in love still but I don't have that physical thing going off like people off antidepressants do."

black seas (taken for 10 years or more) November 28, 2016

Paxil (paroxetine) for Depression: "Just started this medication about 5 days ago. The thing with me, I've lived a pretty happy life til about 3 years ago. It has gotten worse over time. I've got a medical condition known as Nerofibromatosis. I have a inoperable brain tumor. I recently lost my job cause I couldn't work because of the pain and short temper I have. I lost my gf about 3 years ago. I would always think someone was out to get me. I would strike out for no reason. Just recently I started having suicidal thoughts and just wanted to give up on life. I would cry for no reason. I just wanted to end. Since taking this. It has kinda helped. I get sleepy real quick. I take at night and sleep all night. Hopfully it will continue to help"

What to be happy again November 27, 2016

For Hot Flashes: "I was excited to try this medicine. Having 5 hot flashes a night that wake me up. Haven't had any R.E.M. Sleep for a while. Not sleeping is affecting my exercise and work routine. The only time I don't get hot flashes is when I'm riding my mountain bike. Biking doesn't pay the bills. Took my dose before bed, in about 15 min my head felt different like a rush of something then clarity I guess that was the serotonin release. I thought oh boy I'm gonna sleep. But not the case. Unfortunately I must have opposite effects. I didn't sleep more than 2 hours all night. Had a clear head full of thoughts about stuff I need to do. Still had hot flashes 4 during the night and more in the morning. And then the nausea in the morning also."

Constancekkkkkk November 25, 2016

Paxil (paroxetine) for Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I started Paxil a month ago I had no effects.Im on 40mg. It made me feel good after two weeks I was alot happier."

Tmv913 November 24, 2016

Paxil (paroxetine) for Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "Today is day three. I take 10mg. I was told to take half a pill at night for seven days then take the whole pill on day eight. I have to say, today is not a good day. I have been dizzy all morning. Will this ever go away? I am not feeling my best at all. When I take the pill I am very dizzy before bed. does anyone here have answers. How does this drug really work? I had a partial thyroid removal a year ago. I am constantly dizzy, my heart races, my pressure is up. Help anyone ... Please"

KitCat78 November 21, 2016

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety: "Panic attacks almost totally finished"

SouKay November 13, 2016

Paxil (paroxetine) for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "Paxil made me gain 5 lbs.. I noticed most of it was in my abdomen. It also made me very tired. I gained 15 lbs. overall. I was taken off it, but my energy wasn't coming back. It turned out I had a thyroid problem due to my carbamazepine, which controls my epileptic seizures."

CrystalGolias November 12, 2016

For Anxiety and Stress: "Took successfully in 2003-4 for PTSD and associated anxiety. No side effects (other than lost libido) and came off them easily under doctor's supervision. 13 years later I was put back on them due to depression and anxiety. This time they have been horrendous! Headaches, bones in my face aching, nausea, a"creeping" feeling through my hands, arms and shoulders, disorientation, racing heart, not passing urine frequently enough and terrifying sleep problems (insomnia but feeling like you're being suffocated and having awful thoughts). After 12 days I realised I couldn't take these symptoms any more, on advice of a doctor I ceased instantly, by Day 2 the withdrawal was awful-a more intense version of the side effects. Easing now (day 4)"

BellaPr November 3, 2016