User Reviews for Paroxetine (Page 9)

Also known as: Brisdelle, Paxil, Paxil CR, Pexeva

Learn more about Paroxetine.

Trichotillomania 1 reviews 3 medications

6.9
Postmenopausal Symptoms 3 reviews 151 medications

Summary of Paroxetine reviews 860 reviews 7.6

Reviews for Paroxetine

Paxil (paroxetine) for Depression: "I've been on this for a couple months now it has helped but one issue all I do is sleep."

Bonecrusher (taken for less than 1 month) June 14, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Paxil CR (paroxetine) for Anxiety: "Am able to drive around town way better, but not on freeways or bridges. Sometimes feel dizzy when tired or overexerting. Doing more fun stuff"

June1978 June 12, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety and Stress: "Seemed to be working only for the first 6 months then it slowly stopped working and I had to go through incredibly hard withdrawal symptoms."

Filip147 June 11, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Paxil CR (paroxetine) for Panic Disorder: "I started taking this medication for anxiety and panic disorder. I felt like I was taking a placebo. It did nothing for me. I have since switched to Wellbutrin xl 150 mg and have never felt better!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 9, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression: "Paxil did not work for me unfortunately. I was between 20-30mg and it made my depression worse amd gave me hot flashes. Completely killed any sex drive. Would cry insanely for no reason at all."

alex05cubs (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 6, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety: "* Reminder, everyone's experience is different and you won't know how this medication works for you until you try it.* I'm 18 and used to suffer from severe social and general anxiety, and mild depression. I've had a bad past with antidepressants but I decided to try Paxil (20mg) because I was desperate. My anxiety is 95% gone, I'm wanting to be more social, and I'm happy all of the time! I don't worry anymore and it's amazing. There are some side effects (which were terrible the first week but reduced with time); headaches, reduced libido, tiredness, smaller apetite {I'm thankful for this one}, and insomnia. Paxil works amazing for my anxiety and I'm so happy I tried it. I'm making new friends and I think I'll secure a job soon :)."

Whistlescript (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 4, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Paxil (paroxetine) for Social Anxiety Disorder: "I've recently gotten off a 2.5 year paxil treatment for my social anxiety. My main issue was sweaty face/body and red face breakout. I was first perscribed 20mg but as nothing changed after 2 months I was put on 40mg. It certainly helped. I was quiet tired in the beginning but it got better. I felt the side effects as I gained over 10kg in the past 1.5, and also I didn't have much of a sex drive and almost impossible to orgasm (I'm Male). Regardless though it helped my life for the better. Unfortunately stopping recently was a bad idea, my anxiety has returned along with a certain feel of depression. I'll be returning to paxil starting tomorrow with 20mg, and see how it goes. Regardless of the side effects etc, it did help me in my life."

Phtoa (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 2, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety: "Okay so I started taking Paxil a few months ago for anxiety, only 10mg. For the first little bit it was weird, my body felt different and I couldn't eat much, my bowel movements became very irregular. I felt like it was maybe working. I became very tired (I've always been a late sleeper) but it was hard to get out of bed, my thoughts were constantly negative, especially when I would be alone or driving alone. I had a constant headache i didn't want to do anything. I worked out a little bit in the duration but not much. I Couldn't decide whether I should stop or take more and I stopped. It's been about 2 weeks now and I'm starting to feel better and more positive, but still anxious"

Lostandconfused2016 June 2, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety and Stress: "Had a severe reaction to this medication one first dose including waking in the middle of the night dizzy and disoriented, proceeding to vomit repeatedly, numbness in fingertips and gums, severe chills and then soaking in sweat, and difficulty speaking. Took a trip to the ER. I am sure that it works for some people, but the side effects can be very scary. Make sure someone is aware you took it and keeps an eye on you. It is very unlikely you will have a reaction like I did, but having someone in the know will save you some trouble if you do have a bad reaction."

Panic at the Bathroom (taken for less than 1 month) June 1, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Brisdelle (paroxetine) for Hot Flashes: "This drug sort of helps with hot flashes -- diminished them by about 75%. HOWEVER, the person who designed the packaging for this drug needs to be fired. I think that most of the expense for this product comes from the overdone packaging alone. The capsules are difficult to get out of the blister packaging. The cardboard wrapping is excessive and impossible to open without the help of scissors and a box cutter!! Terrible, terrible, terrible...."

Golddustwoman249 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 29, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress: "I been on paroxtine for 3 months and i love it i call it my happy pills. Taking for anxiety and premenopause symptoms. Paroxetine help me alot i feel like a new person. First week was rough. headaches after the first week i was feeling good. I take them at night which fits my schedule. Everyone is different. If your on paroxetine and only suffer with minor side effects. Stick with them the side effects go away."

sweet cheeks99 May 24, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety and Stress: "Hello, Paxil ruined my life. The first month was great and then is turned horrible, like horrible. If I missed one pill I would get the most horrendous serotonin withdraw, so horrible my fore head would burn, nose would run, I would snap on anyone around me. Then it just turned into that was just how I was, if one tiny thing went wrong I was the most dramatic individual ever, hysterically crying (like rolling around on the floor crying, sweating hyperventilating) over things that weren't even a big deal. It has put so much strain on my relationships I don't think some are repairable. Coming off of them seemed next to impossible,then I switched brands, the pink ones are like poison the white are bearable. Do not take this drug, seriousl"

Lefony (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 22, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hot Flashes: "I have been taking Paroxetine for hot flushes which were debilitating at work, I didn't sleep always throwing the covers off/on. It has also helped with my anxiety and panic attacks at work, and mood swings at home that were affecting my marriage, initially i did feel dizzy and had no appetite, it has been 2 months now and I feel so much better on the medication i have also lost 5 kilos due to loss of appetite, very happy,"

penny900 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 16, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Paxil (paroxetine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I attempted suicide a few times and was hospitalized for months. I was out of work and on social security and on other meds from 2008 until 2014. I was taking meds that were extremely expensive and could not afford them. I had relocated and had a new doctor. He decided to try me on Paxil. WOW is all I can say I was like a different person in a very short time. I have gone back to work and now hold down a fulltime position and have a life. It was like a miracle drug for me. My doctor told me I needed to let you know of my success as he was astonished also. THANK YOU FOR PAXIL"

Linda55705gmail.com (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 12, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Paxil (paroxetine) for Panic Disorder: "I started taking Paxil about 2 months ago and it have saved my life. However the first two weeks of taking it was hell. When you first start taking it, your serotonin dips slightly because the drug is trying to adjust to your system. I suffer from a panic disorder and my anxiety was so bad that i had several extreme panic attacks where I have had to call up an ambulance. This happened 3 or 4 times during these weeks and one happened whilst I was driving on the dual carriageway. However these weeks are worth it, i can't even remember how to have a panic attack and my self confidence is as high as it's ever been."

Lois27072707 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 11, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I was originally put on paxil 2 years ago in order to help me gain weight. After taking it for two weeks, with no noticeable effects (good or bad) I went to light a cigarette and almost threw up. It made me nauseous to even think about smoking. It also seemed to "cancel out" my ADHD medication Vyvanse. However, I still felt alert and awake without the stimulant vyvanse. I stupidly quit taking it after two weeks. I got back on it three weeks ago. So far, it greatly helps with anxiety, but kills my appetite. Not an ounce of weight gain. Side effects have been night sweats and jaw clenching, teeth grinding. It has not helped me feel alert and awake this second time around at all. Not sure why that is."

K.G. (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 9, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Paxil (paroxetine) for Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I was dealing with anxiety in college my junior year and so I decided to talk to my doctor about it and he prescribed Paxil. When I started taking it, my appetite increased, energy went down, my emotions were just monotonous like I couldn't feel anything. I also gained 15 pounds in 4 months which is not normal for me, especially since I had been working out and hadn't changed my eating habits at all. After being on this drug for 5 months, I am weaning myself off it and I am feeling a million times better. I would recommend a different drug if you are having problems with anxiety."

Anonymous May 8, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Brisdelle (paroxetine) for Hot Flashes: "I started with horrific hot flashes sweating all night no sleep. Sweating in meetings going out. Couldn't wear any makeup. I started taking Brisdelle about 6 months ago. I did my research . This medication is a life saver. It's expensive as hell, I found a coupon for it and I only pay a 1/4 of what it costs. There was someone saying how terrific the withdrawal Symptoms are you need to be weened off. Not every medicine you can just stop cold turkey. Read all inserts of medicines you are prescribed. Some meds take awhile to get over side effects. This has been a life saver"

South side May 7, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety: "Crippling, horrible anxiety brought on by menopause. Couldn't take hormones. I went through heck trying many antidepressants. One smart doctor tried me on lowest dose of generic Paxil, never changed the dose, allowed my system to get used to it. It worked like a charm! I am able to work full time and do anything I want. The side effects are minimal for me. Yes, I gained some weight but now enjoy taking walks to exercise. No regrets about trying this med at all. Life saver!"

Ann10 May 1, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hot Flashes: "I've been taking Brisdelle for almost a year and it has saved my life. My hot flashes are very infrequent and I can actually sleep at night. I have not any side effects that I'm aware of. Unfortunately, my insurance company refused to pay for it so I'm using the manufacturers coupon. Even with the discount, I'm paying over $70 a month which I cannot afford. When I see my doctor again in June, I will have to get something less costly which I know will not be as effective. I've tried other meds. I'm hoping there is a generic soon or a less costly way to continue taking the drug. It changed my life!!!!"

jcatthelake April 28, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Paxil (paroxetine) for Social Anxiety Disorder: "Changed my life. I can function at work--even facilitate meetings-- and have social interactions without the physical "fight or flight" response kicking in. It does make me tired, and there are some sexual side effects, otherwise I would have rated 10."

Some One April 28, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder: "Was diagnosed with panic/anxiety/depression in 1999 by a psychiatrist, and prescribed Aropax (paroxetine), at the tender age of 19. It got rid of the anxiety, and the depression, by effectively getting rid of my emotions. Even when i started taking it i felt that it was changing my personality, from shy to someone who would answer back and didn't care about anything deeply, but being young and naive, assumed that this was what 'normal' felt like. Almost eradicated sex drive. Also made me crave alcohol. Tried to come off several times with absolutely awful withdrawal symptoms. Only managed to get off by switching to fluoxetine(prozac) and coming off that, ten years later. Try therapy first, drugs as last resort. You have been warned."

Matto1979 (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 26, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Paxil (paroxetine) for Trichotillomania: "I have OCD, anxiety, and ADHD. I also pick my cuticles everyday. The official name is Dermatillomania and it's closely related to pulling hair out. I've been picking my cuticles for 25 years. There has never been a time when I did not pick them to some degree. I try to hide them and I frequently make them bleed. I take 450 mg of Wellbutrin XL and 25 mg of Paxil (by cutting the pills) daily. I started the Paxil almost a month ago for anxiety. While it has helped a lot with anxiety, it's even more incredible to me that my cuticles are now almost perfect with just one tiny blemish and my nails are long. This is the ONLY time they've looked like this since I started when I was 9 years old. Very, very pleased! No more hiding my fingers!"

RachelSanders409 April 26, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety: "Panic attacks and anxiety were completely gone, but with that came tons of side effects. I gained over 40 pounds and it was IMPOSSIBLE lose until getting off of Paxil. No sex drive and couldn't orgasm at all while on it. It made me a little zombie-like, I didn't have any low emotions but not any high ones either. Coming off of it gave me extreme symptoms like headaches, loss of appetite, sore muscles, insomnia, mood swings, and weird violent thoughts. Will all be worth it though once I'm over the withdrawal period. Positive withdrawal symptom: Weight loss!!"

beckbeck17 (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 25, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Paxil (paroxetine) for Panic Disorder: "Paxil DOES work to stop panic attacks and general anxiety symptoms. I've had no panic attacks while on it. But my problem with Paxil are its' side effects. I was on Paxil for a few years and had gained weight steadily at the same time. I was trying to lose weight while on Paxil and was unsuccessful, but I didn't blame the Paxil. I went off of Paxil and changed nothing else in my routine & lost 25 pounds in 3 months! I ended up having to go back on it and gained ALL of it back within 1 MONTH. I tried to up my exercise and diet routine to make up for the Paxil, but I can't get the scale to budge more than 5 pounds down. Also, when trying to get off Paxil, the side effects are AWFUL. Wean off VERY SLOWLY! Worst, most addictive SSRI out there."

purplecandle17 April 25, 2016