User Reviews for Paroxetine (Page 9)

Also known as: Brisdelle, Paxil, Paxil CR, Pexeva

Learn more about Paroxetine.

Trichotillomania 1 reviews 3 medications

Depression 164 reviews 80 medications

Postmenopausal Symptoms 2 reviews 202 medications

Summary of Paroxetine reviews 756 reviews 7.7

Reviews for Paroxetine

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety: "I took this about 3 years ago for a massive mental breakdown I was having panic attacks multiple times a day I couldn't get out of bed I couldn't leave the house I couldn't eat I couldn't do anything I was prescribed this and ativan and eventually after probably a month of horrid horrible experience I started to come out of my anxiety depression all of it I came off of the drug probably a couple months later and was completely fine for about 2 years with just normal anxiety that I could manage. I tried it again a couple weeks ago for the same reason and it was hell was suicidal within the first 3 days in every side effect I can think of I discontinued immediately now looking for something else "

Arielle828ddss? November 18, 2015

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety: "My physician prescribed me 20mg of paxil daily when I saw her for anxiety/depression. The first couple of days I had trouble sleeping and had a lot of energy, but no anxiety. This drug definitely reduced my anxiety and I felt more sociable, but after a month or so I noticed that I couldn't focus and I started to lose motivation to do anything and had no energy. I felt more depressed than before I had started the medication, and on my days off from work I would end up sleeping all day. Quit cold turkey whike taking 5-htp and experienced the brain zaps for a couple days, but now I feel like myself again. I can't recommend this med. I think exercise and good diet are more effective at improving my mood."

Romy333 November 16, 2015

Paxil (paroxetine) for Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I've suffered from depression for the past ten years, and terrible anxiety since a very young age (especially social anxiety). I've never truly felt happy for any significant period of time. My anxiety can be so severe that I can't even leave my house sometimes. Certain noises, crowds, being out in public, can cause me extreme anxiety which leads to anger and irritability. I also battle alcoholism due to my illnesses. I've been taking Paxil for two weeks and after only 2 days my anxiety VANISHED. My mood is slowly lifting, and I have no desire at all to drink alcohol!! I've even lost weight because I don't stress eat anymore and my appetite has decreased. The first week or so I did feel drowsy/high, but that feeling is going away slowly."

Anon male, late 20's (taken for less than 1 month) November 15, 2015

Brisdelle (paroxetine) for Hot Flashes: "Been on Brisdelle for ten days. I was having eight to ten hot flashes a day and I was up all night long with them as well. Over the last ten days they have tapered off, with yesterday and today being completely hot flash free! My anxiety is also almost completely gone. I had bouts of nausea in the beginning that came in waves and even woke me up at night, but that seems to have disappeared completely. I hope this continues! I'm very happy with this medication."

Kelly64 (taken for less than 1 month) November 14, 2015

Brisdelle (paroxetine) for Hot Flashes: "It definitely works. Hot flashes stopped within days & it calmed me so much. I slept so good at night but then headaches, sinus congestion, chest congestion, almost feeling like having the flu made me stop & it took me weeks to get over the brain fog feeling."

LMWCAWCNW November 13, 2015

For : "I have been taking paxil 10mg for 1 month now due to my extremely terrible hot flashes. My gyno saif they use this medication for hot flashes as well as all the other stuff. So far no hot flashes and 11 pd weight loss. Also has helped me sleep I take it at night and no more leg cramps. Im 43 and feel like im 20 again. So happy this is working for me."

kimm0120 November 10, 2015

Brisdelle (paroxetine) for Hot Flashes: "I have been taking Brisdelle for 7 months. I wanted to give it a fair chance. I had fairly severe hot flashes but no other problems relating to menopause. I went from having about 15 hot flashes a day to about 10. The severity was a bit better but I still had a lot of sweat with each flash especially at night. It was very expensive and my health plan didn't cover it so I came off. Weaned myself off very slowly over a six week period. The withdrawal is pretty severe. Feelings of vertigo and dizziness. Nausea and zaps."

Kassie63 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 6, 2015

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety: ""I have GAD, and after three years of taking care of my younger brother who has severe GAD as well as going through an episode of pyschosis, I was told by my pdoc that I have "caregiver's burnout". I was prescribed 20 mgs of Paxil every day and 15mg of Buspirone (Buspar) twice a day. It has been nearly a month now on these meds and I do see an improvement. I'm not sure which one is helping me more but my anxiety level has gone from an 8 or 9 every day to about a 5. I hope to see continued improvement.""

JTChase November 6, 2015

Paxil (paroxetine) for Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "PROS: relieved GAD symptoms, rested better at night, generally in a better mood most of the time. CONS: gas, bloating, erectile dysfunction. Stopped taking the med 10 days ago and the withdrawal symptoms are awful! vertigo, electric shock sensations throughout my body, dizziness, mood swings etc. coming off this is like trying to break a coke addiction. antihistamines help with the vertigo,.5 mg of klonopin helps with mood swings. L-TYROSINE AND P-5-P helping also to control symptoms. find an alternative medication. Dr will not tell you how hard it is to get off this crap."

Worst DRUG ever! November 4, 2015

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety: "I am on Paxil for 10 years and I can't live without it"

Phurriz November 3, 2015

For Social Anxiety Disorder: "Seroxat (Paxil) has been amazing for my anxiety so far. I started at 10mg and am now at 30mg. It started to work at 20mg, though I felt a slightly higher dose would be beneficial, and it was. I may step up to 40mg, though I am aware that the additional benefit onto 30mg is minimal, especially considering it is beginning to show beneficial effects. I was previously taking Lustral (Zoloft) at the maximum dose of 200mg, and although it helped my depression immensely, the effect on my anxiety was minimal. Paxil is rather the opposite. Because social anxiety is my main issue, I much prefer Paxil, though if it were depression I would choose Zoloft. I have been on Paxil for over 2 months."

xDan123 October 31, 2015

Paxil (paroxetine) for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "I have had anxiety for over 40 years and I never thought I would feel like this. Paxil has help me a lot and I wish I had taken if earlier. It help me with my anxiety being about 80% less. I'm not as compulsive now. I lost 20 pds because I was not as anxious and eating all the time."

Roy2 October 27, 2015

For Panic Disorder: "Paroxetine has really helped me. It has served me really well for some years now and I have not experienced any serious side effects even though I have quit the drug a couple of times for some months. I had panic attacks and was depressed and anxious. After I had taken paroxetine for some weeks everything changed. From being stuck with worry,anxiety and depression on and off for several years, one morning, all of a sudden I felt joy and life became so much easier to live. I find it so odd that this drug seems to work in so many different ways for different people. For some it seems to create hell, and yet for me I´m inclined to say the opposite. It may not have created heaven but at least it has given me my good life back!"

zyx112 (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 26, 2015

Paxil (paroxetine) for Social Anxiety Disorder: "I've been taking Paxil since I was 9 years old. I'm now 19. Paxil has changed for the best. As a child I missed 4 months of school because I was so scared and nervous, I would puke until my parents told me I didn't have to go then I would instantly feel better. I tried in middle school to stop taking Paxil but I became scared, nervous, and edgy. It has just given me a little balance and control over myself, I'm very thankful for Paxil and that medication has come so far and has offered neurological help and relief to those who need it"

John.' October 23, 2015

Paxil (paroxetine) for Social Anxiety Disorder: "Has changed my entire life. Only side effect is delayed orgasm"

sjayyyyyyyyy October 20, 2015

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety: "Worked great for anxiety. I was calling 911 thinking I was dying that's how bad it was. I tried a bunch of SSRI's. Paxil suppressed all my feelings which took the anxiety away. But made me impotent Not a good result for me."

Ericlh100 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 17, 2015

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety and Stress: "I have been on Paxil for a year now. I can honestly say overall it works wonders for my anxiety and stress. However, the weight gain is too much for me to deal with. It is difficult to lose weight on Paxil. I am going to be changing meds soon. If you have no weight issues to begin with or not self conscious of weight gain, give it a try. This medication is great for its intended purposes."

Daydreaming (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 16, 2015

Brisdelle (paroxetine) for Hot Flashes: "I love brisdelle! Hot flash and sweating relief, no side effects, no personality changes. Very happy this is available. Lifesaver!"

Tigra October 15, 2015

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety: "I was givin paxil by my doctor, and It works wonders. It is rare that I even feel most anxiety, and I haven't had an attack in months. I've been on it a couple years and have yet to feel it stop working. BUT, do not take this if you aren't willing to have a long time commitment with it. One thing the doctor won't tell you about straight up is the withdrawal. I've tried to come off of paxil, out of frustration mostly at the withdrawal effects, and all I can describe it as is a living hell. Confusion blurred vision, brain zaps, vertigo, nausea, depression, increased anxiety, etc. Not for the faint of heart. If you can, go with something else."

Linds mcc October 14, 2015

For Anxiety: "My doctor started me on paroxetine about 6 weeks ago. In the last year i have known i was unhappy, stressed, suffering from panic attacks and felt myself being tired, frustrated, and unable to sleep. My mind would just not stop running! By the end of a work day i was so exhausted and grumpy i would hide in my bed blocking out the world. My kids never understood why i was how i was. Since starting on paroxetine i have become the person i used to be ! Im happy, energetic and sleeping much better! I dont need a nap in the afternoon anymore and once again love my job! Ive had no side effects!"

desertsfox October 12, 2015

For Depression: "I used this medication for a solid 10 years, and it effectively dealt with my anxiety and depression; however, it made me very tired and I required a great deal more sleep than other people I knew. Weight gain and sexual side effects abounded, but I felt so good mentally that I was able to ignore this for a long time. This cut my obsessive thoughts out completely. I decided to wean off when I was trying to lose weight for my health and it just wasn't coming off. The weaning is a b*tch, and I weaned over several months' time, using liquid fluoxetine to come down incrementally. However, once I was entirely off the medication, my anxiety and depression came back with a vengeance."

armitage74 October 12, 2015

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety: "I've been taking Paxil for 8 days and have been experiencing horrific nightmares gettin worse each night. I'm done with this script for sure"

Ave2468 October 10, 2015

Paxil (paroxetine) for Postpartum Depression: "Paxil has been great. Within less than a week I was feeling better than I have felt in a long time. I have OCD, anxiety issues, PTSD and postpartum depression and Paxil has helped me see a light. I can enjoy my baby girl and life again! I haven't experienced any of the side effects it says you experience."

Anonymous October 7, 2015

Paxil (paroxetine) for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "I take Paxil 50mg for PTSD, OCD, anxiety and depression. No drug is a "wonderdrug" but for me, Paxil has been a life saver. No more night terrors, no more shaky hands and sweats. I have been able to function more normally than I have in years. No side effects that bother me."

sanchez_squared (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 7, 2015

Paxil CR (paroxetine) for Depression: "It was pretty efficient. within 3 months i had been out of my acute depressive episode, and full of life i hadn't experienced any increase in apetite as i was warned, and in fact it helped with my IBS a lot I was started on 25mg/day then 37.5mg/day for around 8 months after which I sought my doctor for Mania symtpoms i was experiencing very talktative, juggling thoughts, very rapid tone and rush of ideas when speaking, and most importantly insomnia!! anyhow, we had to emergency stop it, 25mg for 3 weeks then 12.5mg for one and then nothing WORST experience in the world it's very physically debilitating: nausea/ dizziniess/ wierd feeling ON my head had to take xanax to combat the withdrawal symptoms, couldnt leave the house for 2 mnoths!"

hibz September 22, 2015