User Reviews for Paroxetine (Page 8)

Also known as: Brisdelle, Paxil, Paxil CR, Pexeva

Learn more about Paroxetine.

Trichotillomania 1 reviews 3 medications

6.9
Postmenopausal Symptoms 3 reviews 202 medications

Summary of Paroxetine reviews 845 reviews 7.7

Reviews for Paroxetine

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety: "I went on this medication due to me having severe anxiety and mild OCD to the point where it affected me in almost every aspect, I've only been on it for almost a month and so far the results have been amazing, the only side effect that I've really noticed is the fact that I get sleepy so I take it before bed. Other than that I'm more happy, more calm, my OCD isn't as bad anymore"

Bellacarly (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 4, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety: "Ive been taking Paxil for around 3 years now,Im under 18 by the way for people who say its not safe,For my Anxiety,the first 2 years i was on it i was on 20mg,then sometime in 2015 switched it to 40mg,Now im on 60mg,and ive never been better,as far as anxiety goes,Ive tried Zoloft and it did nothing but give me more anxiety,I was on Latuda with it and i had to stop the latuda because I had horrible side effects to it,Ive never had a bad reaction to Paxil,maybe other than slight weight gain. If your going to take Paxil for Depression i wouldent recommend it,but everyone its different,its never helped as far as depression goes,it does slightly help now that im on the 60mg,but im still looking for a anti-depressant to go with it."

Anna_R2000 July 3, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression: "Simply an evil drug! I've been on pretty most of them over the years and this turned me near on psychotic making me do things completely out of character, taking me from manic delusions of grandeur, to the depths of hell itself. You name it,i suffered it! Only by the grace of God,did i not kill or injure myself seriously,or others while on it. Some may be ok on it, but i'd say,don't chance it; Avoid it like the plague!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 28, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety: "I had a pretty good experience while taking this drug. I decided to pursue a career that would need me to not be on any medications and talked to my doctor about it. She slowly started to take me off the medications and that took about 2 months total to get off. About 4 days after I stopped taking the medication completely I began shaking uncontrollably, was nauseous and my depression/ anxiety was through the roof. I went to the ER and they said it was withdrawal. These side effects lasted about 2 months total but weren't as severe the whole time. Its been about 5 months since I went off and I feel great!"

HHAn June 27, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Paxil (paroxetine) for Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I was sent to a psychologist for depression and anxiety when I was just 16. She put me on Paxil. It really saved my life. I was unable to sleep and soanxious I could enjoy nothing. After 20 years if feeling normal, although I did gain weight, I decided to wean myself because of the weight issue. Big mistake. I crashed due to stress and been in a state of extreme panic and anxiety for over a week. I can't eat and I lost 10 pounds in a week because I want to be sick all the time. Tried switching to Prozac which made it worse! I'm back to Paxil and I know it will help me again soon as it kicks in. In the mean time I am on Ativan. I wished I never stopped it. Works great for extreme anxiety and depression."

Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more) June 26, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Paxil (paroxetine) for Depression: "I've been on Paxil for 16 yrs and overall it's been a positive in my life. There have been days through the years when anxiety has still arisen. This spring depression returned and my dr increased my dosage from 20-30 mg. After a month my mood stabilized, depression lifted and I've been able to resume enjoying life again. However, last night I drank 3 beers and today have walked around like a zombie. Not worth the after effects!!"

Panzy June 22, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Paxil (paroxetine) for Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I've been meaning to write this for a couple of months now. I started getting really crippling panic attacks last year. from the panic attacks came mild agoraphobia and then the depression sunk in after not thinking i could help myself. I went through about 4 ssri's before being put on paxil. I can honestly say it has changed my life. I am 95% back to my old self and everyday i actually enjoy getting up. don let other peoples experiences with ssri's affect you. everyone reacts differently and there is definitely one out there that will work for you. In saying that there are 2 types of people with anxiety and depression, a person who does nothing, and a person who gets up and does everything about it. (I'm 21 by the way)"

jay22579 June 21, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Paxil (paroxetine) for Panic Disorder: "I'm super medication sensitive so I started out at 5mg for panic disorder. My doctor said there's no way 5mg is going to help, but after 4 weeks it was like a switch was flicked. I went back to my old self for 3 whole days. I had to come off of it due to uncontrollable neck jerking and head twitching. It's the strangest thing I've ever experienced. It's been over a month since I quit and I'm still doing it alot. Not as much, but seriously way too much. I hope this isn't permanent. Now I have panic disorder and neck jerking. Lovely."

Daedryth (taken for less than 1 month) June 21, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "This drug is great but the side effects outweigh the benefits. After taking this medication for a couple of months, the anxiety definitely stopped. I felt a lot more laid back and confident. However, horrible side effects settled in... First of all, I gained a lot of weight very quickly. I didn't even change my eating habits. In a year, I gained about 20 kg or 40 lbs. I didn't even do anything different. In fact, my eating habits became healthier. Second of all, I developed chronic constipation. The constipation led to hemorrhoids, which are very painful and annoying. I drank a ton of water and I took some laxatives but nothing helped! Third of all, my sex drive went away. It felt like I was castrated. This was highly irritating! Overall, I think that this medication should be a tool to help you cure your anxiety, it should not be a solution. I stopped taking it after a year and I still feel laid back and relaxed, although the constipation is still present! If you can find another way to relieve your anxiety, it's even better. With this drug, you get what you want but "something's gotta give"."

admadm (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 17, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder: "I've been taking Paxil 20 mg since 2003, I've tried to wean off of it, but why? I noticed on Paxil, I am happier, I don't worry as much, I don't get anxiety, no panic attacks. Yes you will have terrible side effects weaning off and even after the fact, like I did. But we must keep in mind why we started taking it in the first place. So take it from me, stay on them if you need them, just because you are feeling great and back to your happy self doesn't mean you need to get off of this wonderful medication. Good Luck...."

maryl3 June 15, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Paxil (paroxetine) for Depression: "I've been on this for a couple months now it has helped but one issue all I do is sleep."

Bonecrusher (taken for less than 1 month) June 14, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Paxil CR (paroxetine) for Anxiety: "Am able to drive around town way better, but not on freeways or bridges. Sometimes feel dizzy when tired or overexerting. Doing more fun stuff"

June1978 June 12, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety and Stress: "Seemed to be working only for the first 6 months then it slowly stopped working and I had to go through incredibly hard withdrawal symptoms."

Filip147 June 11, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Paxil CR (paroxetine) for Panic Disorder: "I started taking this medication for anxiety and panic disorder. I felt like I was taking a placebo. It did nothing for me. I have since switched to Wellbutrin xl 150 mg and have never felt better!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 9, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression: "Paxil did not work for me unfortunately. I was between 20-30mg and it made my depression worse amd gave me hot flashes. Completely killed any sex drive. Would cry insanely for no reason at all."

alex05cubs (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 6, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety: "* Reminder, everyone's experience is different and you won't know how this medication works for you until you try it.* I'm 18 and used to suffer from severe social and general anxiety, and mild depression. I've had a bad past with antidepressants but I decided to try Paxil (20mg) because I was desperate. My anxiety is 95% gone, I'm wanting to be more social, and I'm happy all of the time! I don't worry anymore and it's amazing. There are some side effects (which were terrible the first week but reduced with time); headaches, reduced libido, tiredness, smaller apetite {I'm thankful for this one}, and insomnia. Paxil works amazing for my anxiety and I'm so happy I tried it. I'm making new friends and I think I'll secure a job soon :)."

Whistlescript (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 4, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Paxil (paroxetine) for Social Anxiety Disorder: "I've recently gotten off a 2.5 year paxil treatment for my social anxiety. My main issue was sweaty face/body and red face breakout. I was first perscribed 20mg but as nothing changed after 2 months I was put on 40mg. It certainly helped. I was quiet tired in the beginning but it got better. I felt the side effects as I gained over 10kg in the past 1.5, and also I didn't have much of a sex drive and almost impossible to orgasm (I'm Male). Regardless though it helped my life for the better. Unfortunately stopping recently was a bad idea, my anxiety has returned along with a certain feel of depression. I'll be returning to paxil starting tomorrow with 20mg, and see how it goes. Regardless of the side effects etc, it did help me in my life."

Phtoa (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 2, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety: "Okay so I started taking Paxil a few months ago for anxiety, only 10mg. For the first little bit it was weird, my body felt different and I couldn't eat much, my bowel movements became very irregular. I felt like it was maybe working. I became very tired (I've always been a late sleeper) but it was hard to get out of bed, my thoughts were constantly negative, especially when I would be alone or driving alone. I had a constant headache i didn't want to do anything. I worked out a little bit in the duration but not much. I Couldn't decide whether I should stop or take more and I stopped. It's been about 2 weeks now and I'm starting to feel better and more positive, but still anxious"

Lostandconfused2016 June 2, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety and Stress: "Had a severe reaction to this medication one first dose including waking in the middle of the night dizzy and disoriented, proceeding to vomit repeatedly, numbness in fingertips and gums, severe chills and then soaking in sweat, and difficulty speaking. Took a trip to the ER. I am sure that it works for some people, but the side effects can be very scary. Make sure someone is aware you took it and keeps an eye on you. It is very unlikely you will have a reaction like I did, but having someone in the know will save you some trouble if you do have a bad reaction."

Panic at the Bathroom (taken for less than 1 month) June 1, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Brisdelle (paroxetine) for Hot Flashes: "This drug sort of helps with hot flashes -- diminished them by about 75%. HOWEVER, the person who designed the packaging for this drug needs to be fired. I think that most of the expense for this product comes from the overdone packaging alone. The capsules are difficult to get out of the blister packaging. The cardboard wrapping is excessive and impossible to open without the help of scissors and a box cutter!! Terrible, terrible, terrible...."

Golddustwoman249 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 29, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress: "I been on paroxtine for 3 months and i love it i call it my happy pills. Taking for anxiety and premenopause symptoms. Paroxetine help me alot i feel like a new person. First week was rough. headaches after the first week i was feeling good. I take them at night which fits my schedule. Everyone is different. If your on paroxetine and only suffer with minor side effects. Stick with them the side effects go away."

sweet cheeks99 May 24, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety and Stress: "Hello, Paxil ruined my life. The first month was great and then is turned horrible, like horrible. If I missed one pill I would get the most horrendous serotonin withdraw, so horrible my fore head would burn, nose would run, I would snap on anyone around me. Then it just turned into that was just how I was, if one tiny thing went wrong I was the most dramatic individual ever, hysterically crying (like rolling around on the floor crying, sweating hyperventilating) over things that weren't even a big deal. It has put so much strain on my relationships I don't think some are repairable. Coming off of them seemed next to impossible,then I switched brands, the pink ones are like poison the white are bearable. Do not take this drug, seriousl"

Lefony (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 22, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hot Flashes: "I have been taking Paroxetine for hot flushes which were debilitating at work, I didn't sleep always throwing the covers off/on. It has also helped with my anxiety and panic attacks at work, and mood swings at home that were affecting my marriage, initially i did feel dizzy and had no appetite, it has been 2 months now and I feel so much better on the medication i have also lost 5 kilos due to loss of appetite, very happy,"

penny900 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 16, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Paxil (paroxetine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I attempted suicide a few times and was hospitalized for months. I was out of work and on social security and on other meds from 2008 until 2014. I was taking meds that were extremely expensive and could not afford them. I had relocated and had a new doctor. He decided to try me on Paxil. WOW is all I can say I was like a different person in a very short time. I have gone back to work and now hold down a fulltime position and have a life. It was like a miracle drug for me. My doctor told me I needed to let you know of my success as he was astonished also. THANK YOU FOR PAXIL"

Linda55705gmail.com (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 12, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Paxil (paroxetine) for Panic Disorder: "I started taking Paxil about 2 months ago and it have saved my life. However the first two weeks of taking it was hell. When you first start taking it, your serotonin dips slightly because the drug is trying to adjust to your system. I suffer from a panic disorder and my anxiety was so bad that i had several extreme panic attacks where I have had to call up an ambulance. This happened 3 or 4 times during these weeks and one happened whilst I was driving on the dual carriageway. However these weeks are worth it, i can't even remember how to have a panic attack and my self confidence is as high as it's ever been."

Lois27072707 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 11, 2016