User Reviews for Paroxetine (Page 8)

Also known as: Brisdelle, Paxil, Paxil CR, Pexeva

Learn more about Paroxetine.

Trichotillomania 1 reviews 3 medications

6.9
Postmenopausal Symptoms 2 reviews 202 medications

Summary of Paroxetine reviews 787 reviews 7.7

Reviews for Paroxetine

For Hot Flashes: "I started taking paroxetine 10 mg a couple weeks for premenopause symptoms of anxieties depression. First week was hard i had bad headaches and feeling foggy side effects ugh.. the Pharmacy told me start with half a pill until my body adjusted. I gave it a week. I went back on the full pill and I am doing good. I notice a difference I feel more my self. I am grateful I don't know what I'd do without it."

Pretty lady2000 March 16, 2016

19 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Paxil (paroxetine) for Panic Disorder: "My panic attacks stopped after two weeks of taking paxil. The relief was immense. A friend who had panic attacks also had her panic attacks stop after being on paxil for 2 weeks. She has been on it for four years. I have been on it for four weeks."

RelievedwithPaxil (taken for less than 1 month) March 10, 2016

29 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Paxil (paroxetine) for Depression: "I don't know why anyone would prescribe Seroxat for depression. I was given this for anxiety and depression and while it does help my anxiety to some extent, it doesn't work as an 'antidepressant' and actually gives me suicidal tendencies and for that reason I would recommend not taking it for depression. I take 40mg and plan to stop taking Seroxat and choosing something safer and more effective."

Danil123 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 6, 2016

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Paxil (paroxetine) for Panic Disorder: "I was having panic attacks all the time which morphed into a stressful state of depression. Yes, I was falling apart. I'd also lost a lot of weight, no appetite. I started on 20mg but wow, this stuff is strong! My pupils became super dilated, I looked like I was on mdma. I moved down to 10mg for a while then worked my way up to 20mg, then back down to 10mg. I got almost every side effect in the book: constipation, bizarre dreams, sedation, sexual side effects, sleeping ten hours a night, then taking two hour naps late in the day. BUT, the panic stopped! Wow, for the first time in my life I could go to movie theaters, and restaurants with no panic attacks. Gained weight back, it was great. Finally quit when my life was back in order."

Zentao (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 6, 2016

25 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety: "I was struck with crippling anxiety and panic attacks when I was 20, I am now 37.I was prescribed Paxil and started on 20 mg. Stayed on the med for 6 months. It didn't do anything for me but make me a robot, phased out of my own life and like I was just on auto pilot. I informed my doctor that I wanted to opt out and that I didn't want to try any other meds. So I dropped to 10 mg for two weeks, then 5 mg and off. The reason why I am writing this after 17 years is because I started having abnormal heart beats, Tachycardia, while getting off of the med, as soon as I dropped to 10mg. Even though I got through the anxiety and am completely free today, the Tachycardia remains. There are much safer options today."

Galarnix March 2, 2016

20 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Panic Disorder: "Works wonders for my anxiety and panic attacks, and even depression. But it puts me in a manic / euphoric / agitated condition. Sometimes unbearable. So I have to take Klonopin 2-4mg a day alongside olanzapine 5mg when things get out of control. Side effects for me: hunger, excessive yawning, euphoria/mania, weight gain, lower sex drive, very vivid dreams, they mostly go away within 10-14 days. The withdrawals are lengthy and hard so be careful, go slow. Works for me, meds turned my life around once again."

corvohunter (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 1, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Paxil (paroxetine) for Depression: "Very good medication I took and in 3 days my mood improved also I found my self being more social , joking around alot more but it also made me very hyper in extremely talkative now im on the road to recovery"

185303pharmacydude (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 21, 2016

44 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Brisdelle (paroxetine) for Hot Flashes: "Only took one dose. Achy the next morning. 22 hrs after dose dizziness and weakness. My husband could barely get a BP on me and when my pulse came up enough to register it was only 54. I vomited then sweat profusely. My knees hurt severely for an hour. Hot flashes were diminished for the next 3 days. Fine now but still having hot flashes."

zcha (taken for less than 1 month) February 20, 2016

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Paxil (paroxetine) for Depression: "I have been on Paxil CR for many years with good results. I started at 12.5 Mg and over time have been increased to 25Mg. In the last yr I have found myself depressed 3 or more days a week even though I take my pill religiously every day. In the last few months the 3 days have turned into 5 to 6 and now it doesn't seem to work at all. I was told by my pharmacist that Glaxo had begun production on a generic CR so I agreed to try it. " Wrong Move". I resumed the brand name immediately but I noticed that the generic looks identical to the brand. I may be a skeptic but could Glaxo be bottling generics in label bottles to maximize profits?"

BobbyJM (taken for 10 years or more) February 19, 2016

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Hot Flashes: "This drug is awful, I have been thinking that I have been depressed for years after being prescribed this for hot flashes and the menopause. Every time I tried to stop I had the most horrific withdrawal symptoms in the world, anger bordering on rage, vertigo and dizziness that make me feel I am going to pass out, sweats, bad dreams, depression and suicidal thoughts of the scale. This drug is making someone a lot of money by underplaying how horrific the withdrawal symptoms are! it is highly addictive because you think you are ill when you try to stop taking it and go back on it! It's disgusting "

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 17, 2016

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Hot Flashes: "After reading other reviews I'm trying it again. My symptoms are so severe that most nights I don't sleep. Not sure if it didn't work the first time It was prescribed due to its counter action with other meds so I'm trying it again."

Hotheaded February 16, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Brisdelle (paroxetine) for Hot Flashes: "I have been taking Brisdelle for 1 year. Hot flashes are mostly gone, I have one occasionally usually in the morning. I ran out and my DR had written prescription for 1 year. I had to call and wait 4 days for the refill. Holy cow was I miserable and within 2 days the flashes were back full force. I am back on it. I do have joint pain in my ankles in the morning, not sure if its the drug or not but interesting others have the joint pain. I also am struggling to lose weight when it used to be so easy, Brisdelle to blame or menopause or both. Its a good drug and does what it says for me. I will continue taking it. By the way I have a coupon from their website and only pay $25 a month for it. It is costly w/no coupon."

Coco68 (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 16, 2016

20 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety: "Been having anxiety since 15 and was always prescribed Paxil since it always worked great for me. Decided to get off of it thinking I was good to go and just this past xmas I got all my anxiety back after being off the pill for almost year. I'm 25 and decided to try something diff just because if I wanted to get pregnant and they gave me lexapro. I can tell you lexapro has helped but is nothing like Paxil nor as quick as Paxil. Definitely going to ask for Paxil back again when I see my doc next week. I've been on lexapro for 5 weeks today."

Sonyarez09 (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 11, 2016

28 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Hot Flashes: "Have been on Brisdelle for over 9 months for hot flashes, helped considerably. I would be soaking wet, that doesn't happen anymore. Had to get new insurance, they won't cover Brisdelle but will cover paxil so my Dr. has put me on 10 mg. So far so good, hot flashes are 3-5 daily but really very mild, maybe the extra 2.5 mg will help my mood. :)"

Cabogrl (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 8, 2016

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Paxil (paroxetine) for Panic Disorder: "I suffer from debilitating panic attacks. Just 10 mg of Paxil works wonders. I've tried almost every SSRI out there, but Paxil is the only one that works. Nothing else can touch my panic."

Cat65 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 3, 2016

28 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Paxil (paroxetine) for Depression: "Overall I'd say it worked for a bit. Not sure if I should have had my dosage increased when the side effects started back up, or if it was because I messed up my scheduling for taking it. It put my anxiety through the roof. More anxiety than I'd ever had naturally. I got it mostly for depression/possible bipolar, and it worked for the most part until the side effects kicked in, save for the random swells of depression that wouldn't last for more than two hours but felt so much worse than the stable depression I've had for years. I'd recommend it for someone who's better at keeping appointments than I am."

Briana H. (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 3, 2016

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety and Stress: "Have tried many antidepressants. This has been absolutely terrible. Worst side effects I have ever experienced. Feels like I have the flu...very disappointed"

jv2345 February 1, 2016

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Social Anxiety Disorder: "I was put on this for 4 months. A lot of the panic attacks went down but more stress was added. The side effects for me were easier bruising, nausea, fatigue, migraines and etc. It caused me to skip school a lot, and I got behind so it added more and more anxiety and was not worth it. I recommend no medication and therapy for social anxiety, and to help stomach aches and headaches us tiger balm and gin-gins (you can buy them at Whole foods stores"

Social Anxiety User February 1, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety: "Paxil has become my latest drug to combat frontal traumatic brain injury (tbi). benzo drugs works good. but they thought they were addicting. well just look up all the people that have tried to quit paxil!!!. Its a nightmare. In my opinion these drugs should be banned to treat people with TBI!!!. If you want to take a drug and later it quits working, what are you going to do? good luck because TBI sucks and there is nothing besides benzo drugs that help. I have had mild TBI for 36 years. Don't let them get you on paxil. I think its bad but don't believe only me - look on the iternet before you take them. I sure wish i did!!!. Good luck its the worst thing I have ever had to deal with. "

miltary January 31, 2016

20 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety: "Started 20mg of paxil 3 weeks ago after coming of effexor. At the moment I get a lot of anxiety throughout the day & sweating. Hope this starts to go soon as its still very early days."

minnie58 January 31, 2016

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Panic Disorder: "Hello My story is after 30 years of panic attacks low self-esteem My Dr put me on 60 mg paroxtine a day. 6 months later I fell pregnant my Dr kept me on the same dosage I then moved found a new Dr whom got me to 10 mg per day. When my son was born he had terrible withdrawal stomach cramps among other things. From the age of 3 he started play group the teachers noticed that he was different to the other kids. My son is now 13 he has Autism among other things I do blame my medication for all this."

Gypsy71 (taken for 10 years or more) January 30, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Brisdelle (paroxetine) for Hot Flashes: "I have been taking Brisdelle for the past 6 months to help with hot flashes. However, I have had these chronic problems since taking this medication. I have tremors, eyes are sensitive to light, seizures, biting my tongue during the night while sleeping so severe that I have to get up because the blood is so profuse. I also am dizzy all the time, and feel like I am whirling around and unstable while sitting, lying down, or walking about. It has taken me almost 2 months and thousands of dollars to figure this out on my own. I have been to the endocrinologist to see if I have a tumor, neurologist due to the seizures, dentist, ENTSpecialist, Chiropractor, a Neuro-Opthamologist, and my primary care physician and no one has been able to help me"

Scottishlass718 January 30, 2016

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety and Stress: "This med works great I had a lot of anxiety and hard time dealing with work, kids and my wife. I am totally in control now and can deal with a lot more issues at once...great results"

police officer with family January 29, 2016

55 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Paxil (paroxetine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "Paxil is making me calmer, but not lessening depression. However, I only have been on it one week. I will give it more time. Side effects are fatigue, weight gain, and headache. I feel that this drug would be best for someone with aggression. I also take 1 mg Klonopin which is also sedating. Paxil and alcohol don't mix well."

wannabbetter (taken for less than 1 month) January 28, 2016

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety and Stress: "Took Paxil for 1 year (at the end was taking 50mg a day) for severe anxiety, OCD and PTSD. It was a life saver. Stopped crying so easily, stopped yelling at my kids, stopped being so moody. After about 6 months I noticed I was not laughing anymore, no sex drive, weight gain. I stayed on it. When I hit the year mark I decided I wanted to get off of it. I told my doctor and she suggested staying on it. Nope. I quit taking it. I took 2 days of 40mg, 2 days of 20 mg, 2 days of 10th and then nothing. 3 days after that I thought I would die. Chills, extreme nausea, sweating, hysterical crying or laughing, Twitching in my arms in legs, weird noises in the back of my head. I thought I was going crazy. Decided to go back on Paxil. 20 mg."

C. Sanchez (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 27, 2016