User Reviews for Pantoprazole (Page 9)

Also known as: Protonix, Protonix IV

Stress Ulcer Prophylaxis 1.5
Summary of Pantoprazole reviews 5.7 238 reviews

Reviews for Pantoprazole

pam buck · Taken for less than 1 month June 25, 2012

Protonix (pantoprazole) for Duodenal Ulcer: “I was recently hospitalized for 4 days with a duodenal ulcer. They ran PROTONIX through an IV--I was in miserable pain..Within 2 days, No Problems, and I could eat again. I'm now on 40mg 2x day, and soon decreasing to 1. It REALLY works, with No side effects!”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 21, 2012

Protonix (pantoprazole) for GERD: “This was not effective in reducing acid. Four days after stopping Nexium and starting Protonix the heartburn started and I had to take Gaviscon. I had a 3 month supply so I kept taking it and ended up with a swollen, painful esophagus and difficulty swallowing with vomiting. I stopped taking Nexium because my insurance no longer would cover it. ”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 2 years May 23, 2012

For GERD: “This is the BEST and only medicine that works for me for GERD and ulcers. I've tried others at my insurance company request but this is the only one that really works.”

whytegold March 31, 2012

Protonix (pantoprazole) for GERD: “Worked at first to bring heartburn/acid re-flux under control, however I had to stop taking it because it started causing severe stomach & abdominal pain. Now control through diet & Tums EX. The pain from the Protonix side effect was terrible when it started happening.”

Miz1...1 March 4, 2012

Protonix IV (pantoprazole) for Barrett's Esophagus: “Have been on Protonix for about 10 yrs. Recently was admitted to the hospital due to pancreatitis. I was vomiting non-stop for 4 days and could only get meds via I.V. during my 7 day stay. I found that Protonix I.V. seemed to work almost better at least worked faster and lasted 24hrs until my next dose the following day.”

rgarber February 8, 2012

For GERD: “Before taking pantoprazole I experienced burning in the center and left of my chest day and night. Now, I am symptom free regardless of diet. I have also lost 61 pounds since then, so my weight loss may have contributed as well, however even before weight loss I was symptom free.”

Bad gut December 1, 2011

Protonix (pantoprazole) for GERD: “I only discovered I had GERD from an endoscopy. I've always had a horrible stomach, but recently had a constant sore throat. The Protonix worked wonders! But then I noticed I was constipated and had a huge appetite. I briefly switched medicines but went back to Protonix. It was when I started taking it again and had two abdominal exams that I realized my liver was enlarged. The doctors immediately dismissed it since I've had my gallbladder removed. They said it was scar tissue. My daughter has eosinophilic colitis so I'm really just focused on her gastrointestinal care, but at my next follow up I will address the issue. I did cut out milk/dairy from my diet and that seemed to help as much as the medicine!”

Audrey3091 November 8, 2011

For GERD: “Finally got relief from constant burning sensation in my esophagus after 3.5 months. It took 23 days before feeling totally fine. Tried Prilosec and Esophaguard from Life Extension prior to using this prescription. I also stopped drinking coffee and wine, stopped taking Actonel for bones because after 4 years, it contributed to the heartburn also. I had to change my calcium intake with Calcium Citrate instead of carbonate so that it could be absorbed.”

Anonymous October 17, 2011

Protonix (pantoprazole) for Stomach Ulcer: “Took the burn away in my stomach but made my hands and fingers swell.”

looking for new drugs September 17, 2011

Protonix (pantoprazole) for GERD: “If you don't get ahead of an attack, this pill won't work. I have been on it for years now and have had little problem with it until it didn't work one weekend so I doubled up on it and ended up in the hospital a week later with seizure due to hypomagnesia (or however you say lack of magnesium). Make sure you are getting all your electrolytes when taking proton pump inhibitors.”

Anonymous August 20, 2011

For GERD: “I have used "Protonix" for years, and consider it quite the miracle pill at preventing my heartburn and reflux. My most recent refill was the generic and now I regularly wake up at night with heartburn.”

speck10 May 19, 2011

Protonix (pantoprazole): “I have been taking Protonix for over 5 years. It is the only choice for me since I have tried many alternatives with horrible results (Dexilant, Aciphex). Protonix is the BEST.”

Anonymous May 18, 2011

Protonix (pantoprazole) for Stomach Ulcer: “After a couple of days using Protonix, I felt relief in my stomach of the full feeling I would get whenever I ate. I used to feel very bloated and uncomfortable after I ate a meal, I wasn't overeating either. I had to watch what I ate too, such as spices, onions, etc. Most of those symptoms have gone away.”

Anonymous February 19, 2011

Protonix (pantoprazole) for Peptic Ulcer: “Esophageal ulcer: Had problems off and on with horrible heartburn throughout my teens years until I ended up with an ulcer due to undiagnosed acid reflux and other problems. Was prescribed Protonix and it was the only thing that worked. Since then I have been able to use Tagamet (cimetidine) for every day use, along with watching what I eat, but the Protonix is awesome.”

JudyF February 18, 2011

For GERD: “I have found out how great this medicine does work for my condition, since I was out of it for about 8 days. Every time it comes to renew my prescription, I have a hassle with my insurance company wanting to approve payment for having to take 2 40MG tablets a day. Then, the pharmacy didn't have the amount prescribed after getting the insurance approval with the insistence of my doctor, but finally gave me a small amount yesterday until the full amount of my prescription can be met. While without the medicine, I experienced the nausea effects in the evening/night and some minor acid-reflux issues and burning in the chest. By the 5th day of being totally without any medicine for this, the acid-reflux/GERD issues returned full blown.”

sieeko32 February 1, 2011

Protonix (pantoprazole) for GERD: “This medication worked for me, reducing the stomach acid significantly. It is worth a try for anyone suffering from GERD.”

throatsonfire August 9, 2010

Protonix (pantoprazole) for GERD: “Protonix totally eliminates my throat pain, hoarseness, reflux, etc. After 6 years my insurance decided not to cover it so for the last few months, I've been on several other medicines and they just don't work. My doctor is trying to convince them I need the Protonix. Wish me luck.”

jburk July 19, 2010

Protonix (pantoprazole) for Barrett's Esophagus: “I was on Prilosec for about 9 years for acid reflux. For me it was a miracle drug that gave me relief for acid reflux. My dosage was continually increased till I was taking 4 20mg pills a day (probably a problem with my acid reflux increasing). After having more problems, I had an endoscopy which showed I had Barrett's Esophagus. I was prescribed Protonix (2 x 40mg pills/day). So far Protonix has worked great. For me it works better than the Prilosec did.”

ninemospregnant July 17, 2010

For GERD: “This is a miracle medicine. Towards the end of my pregnancy my acid reflux was truly just unbearable. This is the only thing that has helped me. I can sleep and eat again, and not randomly choke on acid through the day.”

Narg February 10, 2010

Protonix (pantoprazole) for GERD: “I was recently diagnosed with GERD. Of course this was after a trip to the hospital thinking I was having heart problems. The Doc put me on Protonix and after about 1 week it's as if my life was back to normal. Unfortunately, my insurance doesn't cover it any more so I gave it a "9" instead of a "10" rating for this alone. With many generic others costing only $5 for 60 days. Anyway, I suggest that if you do try it, give it a few days to work.”

rickwassick February 2, 2010

Protonix (pantoprazole) for GERD: “My gall bladder was acting up and the pain was terrible. I took a Protonix as soon as I got out of the doctors office (with a sandwich and doctor pepper) about 15 seconds later I was burping like CRAZY. Viola!! The pain subsided considerably in less than 3 minutes. AN hour later it was like I never even had the pain! I felt MUCH, MUCH better.”

shamrock2228 December 13, 2009

Protonix (pantoprazole) for GERD: “Worked great for GERD. After a while of being on it, it doesn't seem to work that well. I am on 40 mg's/day and now have a stomach ulcer? ”

mr T. November 17, 2009

Protonix (pantoprazole) for GERD: “I've tried everything nothing worked. I had both an ulcer and acid reflux. Protonix worked the day I got it. One of the pharmacies tried to use generic and I had all the symptoms all over again. Doctor found out about the generic brand, fixed the problem with the real Protonix. Problem solved. Protonics is the answer for me.”

Anonymous September 28, 2009

Protonix (pantoprazole) for GERD: “I've had years of GERD without any food triggers and daily heartburn. Protonix was a dream! It is, however, very expensive. My insurance had it on its drug list and dropped it this year. A 30 day supply is $120! I've had to switch to Nexium.”

alistair hill September 3, 2009

For GERD: “The best thing that ever happened to me as far as medication is concerned. I have been on this for 7 years after a lifetime of Rennies and similar unhelpful "blanks". I have never had a problem since starting on pantoprazole.”