User Reviews for Pantoprazole (Page 8)

Also known as: Protonix, Protonix IV

Stress Ulcer Prophylaxis 1.5
Summary of Pantoprazole reviews 5.7 238 reviews

Reviews for Pantoprazole

Desertii · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 9, 2015

For GERD: “This is a wonderful medication. I used to have GERD, and now I can eat anything, Mexican food, spicy food, sweets, anything and it does not bother me.”

Dan. · Taken for 5 to 10 years December 21, 2014

For GERD: “Tried most acid relievers and Protonix worked by far the best. Thank you Protonix.”

Risky kiddies · Taken for 5 to 10 years December 8, 2014

For GERD: “Instant help on my regurgitation of food and stomach acid. And it was very chronic. Better than Nexium and all others. I have tried them all and pantoprazole is the best.”

goodpeople December 1, 2014

Protonix IV (pantoprazole) for Stomach Ulcer: “Works instant, better than any other meds”

pwcca November 5, 2014

For GERD: “I was prescribed Protonix for GERD after having a heart attack. I had been prescribed Omeprazole prior for the same condition, but after about 3 days, I had a very painful stomach, and eventually my stomach failed to empty and I spent a night over the toilet, throwing up everything I had eaten the afternoon before. I stopped the Omeprazole, and then tried it again about 3 weeks later, same result. Protonix was new to me and I decided to give it a chance, but 5 days after taking my first dose, I just spent a day in pain and once again, threw up my dinner and lunch from the day before. ”

Severe Heartburn/BE · Taken for 1 to 2 years September 22, 2014

Protonix (pantoprazole) for Barrett's Esophagus: “I was diagnosed with Barrett's Esophagus six years ago, and regularly used Prilosec for the past 8 years, but I occasionally still had severe heartburn. Like the last post, I too was prescribed a higher and higher dose until I was taking 4-6 pills a day, still getting occasional heartburn. Last year I started taking only 40 mg per day of Pantoprazole, and I seldom (less than once a month when I get careless with food and/or alcohol) have had heartburn at all. I highly recommend asking your doctor about this medication, if you suffer from long term frequent heartburn and Prilosec no longer sees to work as well.”

Lilly1234 July 27, 2014

Protonix IV (pantoprazole) for GERD: “I would cough like I was having asthma attacks but come to find out after taking everything there is on the plant for lung disease. This pill stopped it all I had acid and it caused the rest of stop. But I have flare ups now and then still.”

CzechChick · Taken for less than 1 month June 22, 2014

Protonix (pantoprazole) for GERD: “After two days on Protonix (for GERD associated with adult-onset asthma) I ended up in the emergency room with extremely high blood pressure, fast, pounding pulse, severe headache, and severe anxiety. ”

risingmoon · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 11, 2014

Protonix (pantoprazole) for Duodenal Ulcer: “Caused severe muscle cramps, headaches. Took away the pain from duodenal ulcers within 3 days.”

CarriePep March 7, 2014

For GERD: “Pantoprazole helped with the acid reflux. My problem started four years into taking it. For months I experienced flu like symptoms, such as muscle and joint aches, diarrhea, weakness and extreme fatigue. After MANY tests were done, I was told that I was vitamin D deficient. I know that any meds that control stomach acid also block the absorption of vitamins and things your body needs. I stopped taking Pantoprazole and was put on prescription vitamin D. After just one week, I felt like a new person. I cut out foods that bother my stomach and cut my portions in half. I may have to chew a Tums once in a while, but I feel great. So watch how long your doctor has you on this drug. It took four years to have the side effects that I had.”

Suzette1984 February 8, 2014

Protonix (pantoprazole) for Stomach Ulcer: “Had the most excruciating, painful ulcers that would wake me up in the middle of the night, and be so bad that I would double over from the pain. The Dr. gave me Protonix, and I swear after just taking the first pill that first night, the symptoms were gone! The pills were so effective, I only took them for 5 nights in a row, (even though he told me to finish the bottle) and just saved the other pills in case I might need them in the future. So far the pain has only come back once, from eating too much Tabasco sauce one night, but other than that, I've not been woken up with the pain since I've taken the pills. These pills were a God send for me. Extremely effective.”

PeterNH · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 27, 2013

For GERD: “Kremers Urban pantoprazole is the best generic. My pharmacy switched my script to another company but it gave me the worst acid reflex I have ever had. ”

Good-Citizen November 11, 2013

For GERD: “I have been on Omeprazole / Pepcid for 5 years and pantaprazole for couple months in the middle, if the symptoms became worse. I used to feel little itchy + seon my hands 5 years ago when I took pantaprazole for a month. My doc had me to switch to Omeprazole regularly. After an year my doc had me to switch to Pepcid regularly since Omeprazole gave me acid rebound! So it became like, if the symproms show up bad, I would start with Pantaprazole coupld weeks and switch to Omeprazole and finally switch to Pepcid ongoing. But since an year ao. Pepcid + Omeprazole do not work! My doc had me to take Pantaprazole for the past 6 months regularly. Its perfect, its working very well for me. No more sleepless nights! Surprisingly no itching this time!”

Heart Burn October 31, 2013

For Erosive Esophagitis: “Just as good and cheaper than Nexium”

JenksAten · Taken for 5 to 10 years September 4, 2013

Protonix (pantoprazole) for Stomach Ulcer: “Spent two and a half years vomiting everything but coca cola, ramen, and mashed potatoes. Had tried numerous ulcer medicines all failing miserably. Protonix made life bearable again! It actually ceased the pain!”

GERD and barretts E · Taken for 5 to 10 years June 20, 2013

Protonix (pantoprazole) for Barrett's Esophagus: “I have been using this medication almost since it came on the market. I take a dose of 50% over the maximum recommended dosage. The medication seems to have a 7-10 hours effectiveness before rebound symptoms appear. I've tried several of the other proton pump inhibitors, which were not very effective. ”

dalepmr · Taken for 2 to 5 years May 25, 2013

Protonix (pantoprazole) for Stomach Ulcer: “Works so well I forget I have a problem until I forget to take it, then I'm reminded the next day...ugh!”

Neem · Taken for 1 to 2 years May 25, 2013

Protonix (pantoprazole) for Peptic Ulcer: “Hospitalized January 2012 due to bleeding peptic ulcer which I didn't know I had. GI doc said ulcer was due not to H. pylori but entirely to NSAIDs, the nightly 325 mg aspirin (combination therapy with Plavix for RCA stent, Dec. 2010), to which I added generous doses of Advil (600-800 mg) most days trying to combat muscle pain from simvastatin (current combination of Livalo 2 mg 400 mg CoQ10 = no pain). I am supposed to continue Protonix as long as I am taking aspirin (now only 81 mg). No visible side effects after a year and a half. I do take magnesium 2-3 times a week due to concern about Protonix knocking mg level down. Also take Caltrate, for the osteoporosis it may cause. Protonix is easy to take, but hard to get off of, I hear.”

loydbinfalala · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 12, 2013

For Duodenal Ulcer: “Works good.”

SMSur May 11, 2013

Protonix (pantoprazole) for Stomach Ulcer: “I had 23 bleeding peptic, duodenal, and esophageal ulcers and GERD. This is helping.”

rv Rob April 16, 2013

Protonix (pantoprazole) for GERD: “I have taken for about 7 years now. I never had stomach problems but got what they thought was an ulcer, later endoscopy showed no ulcer, but signs of Barrett's esophagus. I also had hoarse voice, especially in the morning. Ph study pointed to GERD. Long story short, no more hoarseness. Subsequent scopes show no signs of esophagus damage. Now for the bad. Very rarely, when I eat fast, I do get choking sensations that I did not ever have before. Also, if I run out of the medicine and/or miss a dose or two, wicked bad heartburn. Never had heartburn before. As long as I stay on it I am good. ”

bambam2494 April 7, 2013

Protonix (pantoprazole) for Erosive Esophagitis: “The only thing to work for me so far.”

Jim0523 · Taken for 5 to 10 years March 27, 2013

Protonix (pantoprazole) for GERD: “Started taking this about 8 years ago after developing an ulcer from taking Aleve. Was fine for a few years, with only flatulance and loose bowel movements. For the last 3 years, I started developing asthma symptoms (phlegm in throat and lungs, coughing). Stopping Protonix cleared it up. Took 1 pill again and the asthma started again. Too bad, I really liked this medication.”

florida33 February 26, 2013

For GERD: “Overall an exceptional medicine with perfect symptom control UNTIL I received the generic put out by a manufacturer in INDIA. Symptoms returned immediately, and pharmacy replaced the remaining pills immediately on reporting my experience. ”

Anonymous · Taken for 2 to 5 years November 10, 2012

For GERD: “Side effects arrythmia, chest pain and muscle stiffness experienced”