User Reviews for Pantoprazole (Page 10)

Also known as: Protonix, Protonix IV

Stress Ulcer Prophylaxis 1.5
Summary of Pantoprazole reviews 5.7 238 reviews

Reviews for Pantoprazole

Anonymous July 7, 2009

For Erosive Esophagitis: “I was put on this medicine after I had an Endoscopy done for nausea and vomiting, and found out I had severe Esophagitis. After being on the medicine for about two months the doctor now has me taking two tablets a day, because the nausea would come back full force at night and I would not be able to sleep. It seems to work but I am worried about the side effects.”

jimsjinx May 9, 2009

Protonix (pantoprazole) for GERD: “I took this drug at bedtime for GERD. Sick to my stomach all night long. Stopped taking it for one night and wasn't sick at all.”

Anonymous April 15, 2009

Protonix (pantoprazole) for GERD: “I had the worst side effects with Protonix. I took it for 15 days and experienced increased anxiety and heart palpitations. I also had dizziness, nausea and insomnia. Going off of it took 6 days to feel somewhat normal.”

GERALDSIR March 28, 2009

Protonix (pantoprazole) for GERD: “I tried EVERY over the counter gastric acid reliever on the planet and nothing worked. Then I got my doctor to prescribe Protonix and never had any problems after that. I was very pleased.”

Anonymous March 22, 2009

Protonix (pantoprazole): “I rate it a 10. This is the ONLY drug that helps my gastrointestinal problems. I have only been prescribed it twice in several years but, when it was prescribed, the drug took away the pain in the chest and it did not come back. It is great.”

MacMommy March 7, 2009

Protonix (pantoprazole) for GERD: “I love protonix. Only wish it was more affordable. My insurance company will only cover the generic form--which is NOT the same. I found the name of the manufacturer but again the insurance company won't cover it. The three months I was on the generic all my symptons returned. Back on the protonix for two weeks and everything was gone!”

Cdicrisci December 9, 2008

Protonix (pantoprazole) for Stomach Ulcer: “Using this medication reduced the bloated feeling I had. It also reduced my appetite, caused by the air pockets, before I was using this drug. Great medicine, with no side effects that I am aware of.”

MaryMac October 29, 2008

Protonix (pantoprazole) for GERD: “I loved this drug--until my insurance company said it was the 'same' as another less expensive drug. I've been miserable ever since. The acid reflux is returning, I am bloated and bowels are always a surprise. My surgeon is thinking a second surgery might be needed - if only I could afford the Protonix it could be avoided.”

lisa45169 October 27, 2008

Protonix (pantoprazole) for GERD: “Tried everything, been on Protonix for 5 years. I can now eat anything as spicy and as hot as I like, and do not have acid reflux.”

Anonymous September 17, 2008

Protonix (pantoprazole) for GERD: “Having suffered severe gastro-esophoseal reflux disease for many years, I have tried many remedies. Protonix gave me much needed relief. Later, we also added 10 mg of Reglan at bedtime, followed by 1 oz of Gavison an hour later for extra protection. It's been 2 years since I had a severe attack and the overall reflux/acid has disappeared.”

Anonymous August 15, 2008

For GERD: “I have just found out I am pregnant, though because of the heartburn, I could have told the doctor that when I was two weeks along. The midwife gave me this, and I have not had acid reflux, once. No more suffering.”

Tester July 2, 2008

Protonix (pantoprazole) for GERD: “I have a Lap Band. Before I had the band I had no problem with heartburn, then after I got a couple adjustments, I had acid reflux and heartburn so bad I was eating like 20 Tums a day. Zantac no longer works, or anything for that matter, so I went to my doctor and he gave me samples of Protonix. Within minutes my heartburn was gone. I have slept through the night without vomiting my own stomach acid. Highly recommend this drug. If you have a Lap band then you know how horrible it can be.”

Tstorm April 16, 2008

Protonix (pantoprazole) for GERD: “After two years of SEVERE PAIN in my stomach and esophagus, I finally decided to go to the doctor and get help. I thought all the pain was coming from an ulcer and after two years of pain, I found out that I did not have an ulcer (yet). The doctor prescribed me Protonix. In less than two days, all the pain and acids in my stomach stopped! I finally don't have acid reflux.”

lllkkkjjj April 9, 2008

Protonix (pantoprazole) for Stomach Ulcer: “I was taking an acid reducer called Ranitidine quite often over a 3 year period. Doctor prescribed 40mg Protonix for 28 days and my stomach felt so much better. Now going without the medication for 10 days, it feels as if my stomach is not doing so well. Doctor advised that I take 20 mg when needed. Bottom line - it worked for me.”

Releived March 31, 2008

Protonix (pantoprazole) for Erosive Esophagitis: “Started off with the "Purple Pill" effective but very expensive. Physician switched me to "Pantoprazole" (Protonix) - just as effective, a fraction of the price. My diet slipped back to pre-med carelessness (spicy food, garlic, onions, curries &c and STILL no problems. I did go back to sensible eating at the urging of my daughter!”