User Reviews for Oxycodone (Page 9)

Also known as: Dazidox, Endocodone, ETH-Oxydose, M-Oxy, Oxaydo, Oxecta, OxyContin, Oxydose, Oxyfast, OxyIR, Percolone, Roxicodone, Roxicodone Intensol, RoxyBond, Xtampza ER …show all brand names

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Oxycodone.

Oxycodone Rating Summary

8.8/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 1812 medications used in the treatment of Pain.

Reviews for Oxycodone to treat Pain

OxyContin (oxycodone): "I have taken this drug for the past 10 years for back issues (discs bulging and ruptured). I have not increased my dosage in the past 6 years and the ER extended release has worked wonders. One 20mg pill in the morning and I am good 95% of all days. Occasionally I need one additional pill if I have been overly active. This pill allows me to live a fairly normal life."

slandsbaum June 18, 2010

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I take it for both my fibromyalgia and neuropathic pain. The pain in my feet was and is so bad it is like hot acid injected under the skin. I was in a wheelchair because I couldn't walk. I finally went to a pain specialist that put me on oxycodone after trying everything else. With this pain medication I have parked my wheelchair, am able to walk my dog and not just around the block I walk him for miles down the river walk trail. I have been able to go back to teaching (I have a masters in history), have a social life, and my basic attitude toward life has skyrocketed. I don't abuse the medicine and actually have some left over for my monthly follow ups. I don't have to abuse it the prescribed dose is perfect for me. "

bluto51 June 18, 2010

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

OxyContin (oxycodone): "I found this very effective in combination with diclofenac. Previously the diclofenac was only lasting 1-2 hours in combination with either 2 x Tylenol 3 or 1 Percocet, but with only 1 Oxycontin per day, diclofenac once again lasts for 5-7 hours per 50mg dose."

Anonymous June 14, 2010

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

OxyContin (oxycodone): "OxyContin gives me far more pain relief than all the other "pain killers" I have been given over the years. I have advanced osteoarthritis, fibromyalgia, idiopathic gastro paresis, gastritis, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Hypermobility Syndrome, and a host of other random medical disorders. I have had crippling pain over the last 7 years, been on everything from Talacen and Darvocet to Lortab and Percocet. This is the first medication that allows me to get out of bed and clean my house and walk my dog. My quality of life is so improved. The only reason for me giving this a 9 is because it does cause a lot of constipation, in my mind this is a small price to pay."

Darkwaters June 9, 2010

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

OxyContin (oxycodone): "To bad people have to abuse medication that other people need. This pill seems to reduce pain better than any other with less side effects."

eTRINITY June 2, 2010

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I am a 24 year old female who has suffered pain most of my life. I was born with hip dysplasia and was very athletic growing up. I got bursitis on my right hip, and was in a motor vehicle accident. I've also got peripheral nerve pain/damage which I take a low dose 20 mg methadone. I also take oxycodone IR 15mg x 4 a day and I couldn't get out of bed without it nor could I walk up and down the stairs. It is a life savor!"

Anonymous June 1, 2010

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

OxyContin (oxycodone): "OxyContin pain relief at 20 mg every 8 hours did not hold me through. Always had breakthrough pain, taking OxyIR 10 mg every four hours in addition. Decided just to take the OxyIR every four hours without the OxyContin and pretty much got same results. When taking both, the constipation problem was MAJOR. Then doctor prescribed Lactulose--worked better than others but had a choice: 50 percent of pain relief and walk around all day with an upset, growling, cramping stomach problems as a side effect of the Oxy's. "

Anonymous May 3, 2010

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Nothing else has worked for a chronic pain condition I have suffered with since a car accident in 1987 and several subsequent injuries. The hydrocodone drugs and Neurontin don't begin to touch the pain. I have been seeing a highly-rated and competent specialist for 4 years now, and we have tried many different medicines alone and combined. Still the only long-term relief I have had in 22 years is from a combination of long-acting generic Oxycodone 80 mg. every 8 hours (or more expensive brand-name OxyContin if it isn't) and short-acting 30 mg tablets of immediate-release Oxycodone up to 1 every 4 hours. At last, I don't have to live out the rest of my life (I'm 62) in misery and actually find myself MORE active than I've been in years."

hoofgorilla May 2, 2010

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

OxyContin (oxycodone): "I would be in bed all day without this medicine. I have tried A LOT of pain pills and never really got much relief. I have A.L.S. and this medicine has made me be able to get up and do things, which I wasn't able to do before I was on this medicine. I could not even get out of bed without such bad pain. At least now I can enjoy what time I have with my family without being in such severe pain and still I have pain even with Oxycontin I never get pain free but it is tolerable with this drug. It was not even tolerable with others I have tried in the past."

waynes77 April 19, 2010

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

OxyContin (oxycodone): "I've been taking this medication 10mg 4 x a day and it has really helped. I was initially taking hydrocodone for about a year until having surgery (Fusion and Laminectomy - L5 S1) and I have to agree with some of you, when I first started taking it, it worked great and provided relief for about 5 to 6 hours. Now after 6 months, it doesn't seem to be working as it used to but I will be talking with my doctor next month regarding this issue. It seems to only work 3 to 4 hours and does not provide relief like it used to when I first started taking it. I broke one tablet in half since they're scored and took 15mg and this worked but it tells me I'm becoming or am dependent on it. I tried to go without it for 3 days and I hurt worse and vomited."

SeeSpot April 9, 2010

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

OxyContin (oxycodone): "Works great on pain. I would be bedridden without it."

Anonymous April 3, 2010

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

OxyContin (oxycodone): "I have three bulging discs, arthritis, and sciatica in my lower back and also was just recently diagnosed with fibramyalgia. I have been on Oxycontin for about a year now, and yes it has been increased about three times within that period of time. I am now on 80mg 4x's a day. It works great with the pain relief, but it makes me sweat so uncontrollably that I have to keep a fan on my on a constant basis. I am also on about 8 more kinds of medicines, so I'm not sure which ones are causing the dizziness. But when I wake up every morning, I can barely walk, and it takes about 45 minutes for the pain to subside. And then I start the sweating. But I can handle the sweating if it helps me walk so I can keep up with my four year old son. Truly a life saver."

HeatherEvans March 7, 2010

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"great medication. I have two heriated discs in my lower back and early onset arthritis. While I'm only 28 yrs old terrifed of the withdrawl It truly is the only thing that works Now Ihave have had two back surgerys. The first one didnt work and the second on to remove the nerve actually did more Damage. The Dr hit the wrong nerve and now I have nerve damage down the inside of my left leg. This medicine is the only thing that works for the pain"

Anonymous February 23, 2010

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

OxyContin (oxycodone): "I think I have tried every pain medication known to man over the last 9 years. This one is the only one that has allowed me to live a normal life."

camznan February 12, 2010

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I've taken Oxyfast for 18 months now for treatment following a severe auto accident (I suffered multiple herniation's in my neck and back, torticollis, jaw dislocation, head trauma, right rotator cuff and right hand ligaments permanently scarred. It took 4 years for me to succumb to taking this medication because of all the bad publicity. I was introduced to it by people who eventually suffered severe addictions. I'm happy to say even though I'm prescribed over 200 mg per day I only take it for breakthrough pain to relieve the torture in my head (supposedly cluster headaches). I can stop for weeks at a time and am very thankful it doesn't affect me negatively (i.e. withdrawals)."

Anonymous February 2, 2010

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Thank you for sharing all these posts. I have been in severe pain for almost 40 years. I have been through doctors and pain medicine. I finally got prescribed this medicine last month. Have had good results from it as the post say. As like many, I feel embarrassed to ask for medicine. The Dr.'s make you feel like a drug addict asking for pain medicines. This is sad when there are real people out there that need this medication."

prsngal January 27, 2010

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Great drug for severe pain, it gave me back the ability to function again. I had only 1 side effect, constipation, which was easily taken care of. A few words of caution...take as directed. Withdrawal is sheer agony and can come on quickly, happens to me with 1 missed dose in about 6 hours or so."

itsme1972 January 24, 2010

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have severe endometriosis, and this has been the best pain relief I've gotten. I have taken a sleu of pain medicines, and this has the least side effects (for me) and the most pain killing power, without making me feel too loopy. Hands down the best pain medicine for me."

shellbell539 January 20, 2010

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

OxyContin (oxycodone): "I am a 47 year old male who has taken this drug for 10 years. (300 mg per day everyday.) Yes it will ease pain, but normally 2 to 3 years you have to increase it. I was medically dependent within months. In late fall 09, the medicines just lost their effect by at least 50%. So I was faced with a 50% increase in medicines. I said NO! So I tried a medical detox place to start. After 90 hours there, they said you have done great we are sending you home. I was so proud till 4a.m. the next day. I threw up 90 times in the next 60 hours. I lost 34lbs. in 8 days and had severe withdrawal symptoms for 2 more weeks. It has been 30 days since I started this and I will never put that poison in my body. "

mountain dave January 13, 2010

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

OxyContin (oxycodone): "After a series of operations on my lower back the nerve scarring caused chronic pain. After being prescribed one pain medication after another I was finally referred to a pain specialist. In 2000 I was put onto Oxy-contin at 30mg twice a day. After less than 3 months I suffered very bad withdrawal symptoms after missing the morning dose. The pain during those hours seemed to increase tenfold. By 2003 the dose had increased to 60mg three times a day. I have now been taking Oxycontin for 9 years. I still have break through pain that keeps me from most activities and my heart and lungs have been affected. I would like to stop taking the medication but have bad withdrawals."

1bazgam January 11, 2010

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

OxyContin (oxycodone): "I used this medicine under strict supervision at a pain management center after failed trials with Opana and Kadian which made me ill. Vicodin was not strong enough as I have had open back surgery from my skull to mid back to drain a spinal cord cyst called a "syrinx." My spine was arthritic and required struts to rebuild it; I now have chronic acute pain just holding up my head (max 5-6 hours at a time). Also have chronic low back pain arthritis and herniation with tear. Thankfully it relieved my pain and helped me function somewhat normally for 5-6 months. Then one month the refill arrived two days late and I went through withdrawal, suffering horribly with dark suicidal ideation and depression. I got off it. Now on Percocet, not ideal."

Anonymous January 7, 2010

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

OxyContin (oxycodone): "I have severe chronic neck pain due to permanent spinal cord nerve damage. I was given 20mgs twice a day and it didn't give me enough pain relief. The doctor has increased the dose to 20mgs three times a day and the side effects are too much to handle. My brain is foggy, I'm more anxious, dizzy, very lightheaded, I have a nagging headache that will not go away and I have an all around ill feeling. I like the idea of a pain medicine that is timed release and spreads out over time but, this mediciation is not right for me. I can't wait to get off of the oxycontin."

Anonymous December 20, 2009

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

OxyContin (oxycodone): "Oxycontin is the best drug I have ever had. I suffer from a prolapsed disc L5/S1. I also have a lot of shoulder pain due to a work accident where I had a bad fall. My dosage for Oxycontin is 120mg twice a day. I also take Panadeine Forte 200mg twice a day also Oxynorm 10mg 1-2 times per day for breakthrough pain. I also wear a patch called Fentanyl Durgesic 75mgr. I also get injections every 2-3 months, I also take a lot of depression medication. Overall with this combination my pain is under control most days but some days I cannot even get up and I lose my balance a lot. I have to rotate my movements regularly during the day and night I cannot sleep properly due to the pain."

sisko95 December 19, 2009

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

OxyContin (oxycodone): "I have chronic back problem and take Oxycontin 40mg and I know they work."

Anonymous December 13, 2009

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

OxyContin (oxycodone): "I have been on oxycontin 40mg for 2 months. It does not relieve my pain 100% but has given me some relief. I see a pain doctor. He started me on suboxone so that I would not get addicted to it. The worse side effect that I have noticed is the itching and nothing works. My doctor decreased me from taking the oxycontin 40mg three times a day to twice a day but he has put me on dilaudid 4mg every 8 hours as needed for pain. My pain had decreased when I was taking the 40mg 3 times a day. When I was taking it twice a day when the weather would change I would be in so much pain that I would have to go get an injection of demerol 100mg and phenergan 50mg. I was in a car accident over 8 yrs ago and had several injuries, but I still suffer from bracial plexus"

66tee63 December 10, 2009