User Reviews for Oxycodone (Page 14)

Also known as: Dazidox, Endocodone, ETH-Oxydose, M-Oxy, Oxaydo, Oxecta, OxyContin, Oxydose, Oxyfast, OxyIR, Percolone, Roxicodone, Roxicodone Intensol, RoxyBond, Xtampza ER

Learn more about Oxycodone.

Oxycodone Rating Summary

8.8/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 1817 medications used in the treatment of Pain.

Reviews for Oxycodone to treat Pain

OxyContin (oxycodone): "Personally, oxycontin takes care of the pain better than any other medicine and instead of the drowienes feeling, it gives me the energy to exercise and fit in with a healthy lifestyle. No breakthrough pain medicines needed at 80mg twice a day."

Phototechnics February 6, 2009

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"My husband has been taking oxycontin for 5 years now. He has a back problem and it helps him go to work and move around. "

i am February 4, 2009

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

OxyContin (oxycodone): "I am 45 years old. I was in a car train accident in 1987, ejected from a truck in 1998, ruptured two disc in 2006 and in a head on collision in 2008. I wish I could tell everyone doctors, law enforcement and everyone who suffers from pain how life saving Oxycontin is."

Anonymous January 25, 2009

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

OxyContin (oxycodone): "My husband has been prescribed some kind of pain killer since the age of 11 due to football injuries as well as several auto accidents. Seventy-two broken bones throughout his life. About 9 years ago a pain management doctor prescribed him Oxycontin, and it has changed his life for the good as well as creating some unfortunate disadvantages. The withdrawl is horrible for him, but after a bilateral knee replacement, it definitely improved the quality of both of our lives. He is much more active than before, and can do so many things that I had to do for him in the past. So with proper management by doctors it has definitely proved to be a God-send."

Izzyyyy January 23, 2009

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

OxyContin (oxycodone): "I'm now 35 years old and I have been on Oxycontin 80mg 3 per day for about 10 years now, plus breakthrough pain medication. I found it very helpful until my body gradually developed tolerance to the medicine. I inquired about going to our local methadone clinic. I took a chance and tried methadone instead. Methadone took away all the pain that the oxycodone did but there wasn't any euphoric feeling. That is what caused problems with my family and the law. Well now I function and I have pain relief, and everyone is happy. "

goomba98 January 18, 2009

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have a lot of metal in my spine and this helps a lot without making me drowsy or "stoned". I can function almost normally on this medication, with the only things holding me back from normal function being the actual metal screws and the associated pains in the torn muscles and sciatic nerve. The pains are still there, but definitely a lot more manageable with the oxycodone. After a brief "breaking in" period my thinking processes returned to normal, with little to no losing track of thoughts or other side effects you might expect with a narcotic like this."

Anonymous January 15, 2009

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

OxyContin (oxycodone): "I have been on oxycontin for 6 years now. I take 20mg 2 x a day along with a couple of other medicines. Before oxycontin, I was on 14 or more prescriptions that didn't work. I was ready to give up. Now, my pain from Fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue along with several surgeries is tolerable. Every now and then I forget to take my oxycontin in the morning and my body reminds me what life would be like without it. I don't know what I would do if it was ever pulled from the market."

FibroPain January 7, 2009

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

OxyContin (oxycodone): "The extended release oxycontin lasts longer and relieves the pain very well without having to take pain medication all day long. I have found it very effective with very little side effects."

VKNOX8 January 6, 2009

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

OxyContin (oxycodone): "I've been on Oxycontin for almost 4 years with a dosage of 40mg twice daily supplemented by hydrocodone 10/500 three times a day. My diagnosis is severe skelelatal trauma from a motorcycle accident and other car accidents. The oxycontin provides me with almost complete relief on a good day and makes my pain bearable on a bad day. The negative is the brutal withdrawl. I travel extensively for my job and take with me only what I need in a separate pill box. I carry a copy of the presecriptions with me. I had 22 oxycontins and 30+ hydrocodones stolen out of my luggage. I didn't want to ask for a refill early because I couldn't get either the airline or TSA to acknowledge the theft and did not want to be labeled a drug seeker."

nstacks January 1, 2009

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

OxyContin (oxycodone): "Like most others who use this medication, I find it very effective for pain relief. At over 500 lbs and with R/A, degenerative disc disease, blown out knees, ankles, back and severe shoulder and neck pain, etc. It is truly a God send. My pain level runs a solid 9 without my three 80 mg oxycontins, and eight Norco (when required) tablets, per day. With these the interpreted pain level drops way down to a three or four and I am actually able to experience a pleasant and rewarding life. My advise at 52 years old and after taking LOTS of pain medication over the years is to: Always take exactly as prescribed. Never crush or chew medication and really try to take the minimum amount that works for you. Best wishes."

anotherbrad January 1, 2009

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"This drug is a God-send for chronic pain. I couldn't move before and my life was miserable. But now I feel like a normal person and I can take care of myself again."

happy again December 23, 2008

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

OxyContin (oxycodone): "This is a miracle drug for me. I raced motocross my entire life and broke many bones. Just twisted and banged my body 4 years. I'm only twenty eight and some mornings I feel 85 and can barely move. Oxycontin makes it all go away. It can help with little to no side effects. "

o-mann December 19, 2008

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

OxyContin (oxycodone): "I completely blew out L5 and crushed some nerves while I was active and after going to my PCM (primary care manager) for almost a year and only recieving lortab 10/500 the whole time, I was finally refered to a pain management specialist. He put me on Oxycontin 20mg ER and Fentora 200mcg for breakthrough pain. Although the oxycontin was the least potent medication I was on, it seemed to work much better than the rest. Now I've since been discharged and have a new doctor, who is now giving me 40mg Oxycontin and Percocet 10/325 for breakthrough pain. The 40mgs are working much better and I don't have to deal with the addictive fentanyl. OxyContin has given me a quality of life that I had almost forgotten about."

L5explosion December 8, 2008

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"This drug does take away pain, but needs to be used ONLY AS DIRECTED. "

Anonymous December 1, 2008

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Roxicodone (oxycodone): "This medicine has allowed me to function as a 'normal' productive person. With the proper use of this medicine others have no idea that I live with severe chronic, intractable facial pain. As with any medicine, I can't give it a 10 because I wish I didn't have to take it. There is always the hope for a cure."

Anonymous November 29, 2008

"Very good"

phree November 18, 2008

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

OxyContin (oxycodone): "These pills are amazing. Nothing has ever worked the way they do on my back. I have had 3 surgeries and I will always be in pain but with these I can at least function and thats all I can ask for."

maniac42567 November 4, 2008

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have had a disc L5 slippage and have been in pain for about 3 years. I recently had the fusion of the L5 and S1 and have been on oxycodone 30 mg (2 every 4 hours) and oxycontin 20mg every 12 hours and I have to say it has been a lifesaver both at work and personally. I am actually able to function and live my life again."

Chris in FL October 29, 2008

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

OxyContin (oxycodone): "OxyContin is by far the best pain reliever that I have ever used without making me drowsy. It is most effective if prescribed at the proper strength for your condition. Take only as prescribed."

bbhowe3 October 26, 2008

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have bad back pain and this really works."

joandwh September 26, 2008

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

OxyContin (oxycodone): "I have been on Oxycontin for about eight years now, and I rate it as lifesaving. I can assure you that with four spinal surgeries and a failed hip replacement, no other drug including morphine has given me back the quality of life that Oxycontin has."

Anonymous September 25, 2008

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Roxicodone (oxycodone): "I've been on Roxicodone for about two years now and this is the ONLY short acting medication that has worked. I have been through all the short acting or break through medicines and Roxicodone is by far the greatest. I am on high doses due to having gastric bypass and not absorbing as a 'normal' person would. I need to have my tailbone removed as it's broken and swinging around back there. Not to mention it's broken at a 90 degree angle or angulated. INSANE pain. "

Anonymous September 21, 2008

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

OxyContin (oxycodone): "I've have been in severe pain for 25 years. I've been on just about everything for a back injury and my doctor finally put me on 20mg oxycontin twice a day and hydrocodone 10/650 for break through pain, every 8 hours. I've finally got my life back and my family. God bless the makers of oxycontin."

ROCKBUSTER September 18, 2008

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"It is a good pain killer"

mkl1 September 16, 2008

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

OxyContin (oxycodone): "My Primary Care Physician put me on Oxycontin for about a year and a half prior to having shoulder surgery. I had recently started a new job and did not have enough leave time to have the surgery. The only reason I survived and was able to work and have a half way normal life with less pain was through the use of Oxycontin. When I was finally able to have the Rotator Cuff surgery, my Surgeon said I would have to be off of Oxycontin for at least a month prior to the surgery because he could not give me anything stronger for pain after surgery and feared I would have a tolerance and that Oxy that would lessen the effect. No problem, I just stopped taking it. That was when the honeymoon was over."

papajack September 13, 2008