User Reviews for Oxycodone (Page 14)

Also known as: Dazidox, Endocodone, ETH-Oxydose, M-Oxy, Oxaydo, Oxecta, OxyContin, Oxydose, Oxyfast, OxyIR, Percolone, Roxicodone, Roxicodone Intensol, RoxyBond, Xtampza ER

Learn more about Oxycodone.

Oxycodone Rating Summary

8.8/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 1857 medications used in the treatment of Pain.

Reviews for Oxycodone to treat Pain

"I have a lot of metal in my spine and this helps a lot without making me drowsy or "stoned". I can function almost normally on this medication, with the only things holding me back from normal function being the actual metal screws and the associated pains in the torn muscles and sciatic nerve. The pains are still there, but definitely a lot more manageable with the oxycodone. After a brief "breaking in" period my thinking processes returned to normal, with little to no losing track of thoughts or other side effects you might expect with a narcotic like this."

Anonymous January 15, 2009

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

OxyContin (oxycodone): "I have been on oxycontin for 6 years now. I take 20mg 2 x a day along with a couple of other medicines. Before oxycontin, I was on 14 or more prescriptions that didn't work. I was ready to give up. Now, my pain from Fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue along with several surgeries is tolerable. Every now and then I forget to take my oxycontin in the morning and my body reminds me what life would be like without it. I don't know what I would do if it was ever pulled from the market."

FibroPain January 7, 2009

46 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

OxyContin (oxycodone): "The extended release oxycontin lasts longer and relieves the pain very well without having to take pain medication all day long. I have found it very effective with very little side effects."

VKNOX8 January 6, 2009

36 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

OxyContin (oxycodone): "I've been on Oxycontin for almost 4 years with a dosage of 40mg twice daily supplemented by hydrocodone 10/500 three times a day. My diagnosis is severe skelelatal trauma from a motorcycle accident and other car accidents. The oxycontin provides me with almost complete relief on a good day and makes my pain bearable on a bad day. The negative is the brutal withdrawl. I travel extensively for my job and take with me only what I need in a separate pill box. I carry a copy of the presecriptions with me. I had 22 oxycontins and 30+ hydrocodones stolen out of my luggage. I didn't want to ask for a refill early because I couldn't get either the airline or TSA to acknowledge the theft and did not want to be labeled a drug seeker."

nstacks January 1, 2009

36 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

OxyContin (oxycodone): "Like most others who use this medication, I find it very effective for pain relief. At over 500 lbs and with R/A, degenerative disc disease, blown out knees, ankles, back and severe shoulder and neck pain, etc. It is truly a God send. My pain level runs a solid 9 without my three 80 mg oxycontins, and eight Norco (when required) tablets, per day. With these the interpreted pain level drops way down to a three or four and I am actually able to experience a pleasant and rewarding life. My advise at 52 years old and after taking LOTS of pain medication over the years is to: Always take exactly as prescribed. Never crush or chew medication and really try to take the minimum amount that works for you. Best wishes."

anotherbrad January 1, 2009

39 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"This drug is a God-send for chronic pain. I couldn't move before and my life was miserable. But now I feel like a normal person and I can take care of myself again."

happy again December 23, 2008

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

OxyContin (oxycodone): "This is a miracle drug for me. I raced motocross my entire life and broke many bones. Just twisted and banged my body 4 years. I'm only twenty eight and some mornings I feel 85 and can barely move. Oxycontin makes it all go away. It can help with little to no side effects. "

o-mann December 19, 2008

32 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

OxyContin (oxycodone): "I completely blew out L5 and crushed some nerves while I was active and after going to my PCM (primary care manager) for almost a year and only recieving lortab 10/500 the whole time, I was finally refered to a pain management specialist. He put me on Oxycontin 20mg ER and Fentora 200mcg for breakthrough pain. Although the oxycontin was the least potent medication I was on, it seemed to work much better than the rest. Now I've since been discharged and have a new doctor, who is now giving me 40mg Oxycontin and Percocet 10/325 for breakthrough pain. The 40mgs are working much better and I don't have to deal with the addictive fentanyl. OxyContin has given me a quality of life that I had almost forgotten about."

L5explosion December 8, 2008

40 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"This drug does take away pain, but needs to be used ONLY AS DIRECTED. "

Anonymous December 1, 2008

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Roxicodone (oxycodone): "This medicine has allowed me to function as a 'normal' productive person. With the proper use of this medicine others have no idea that I live with severe chronic, intractable facial pain. As with any medicine, I can't give it a 10 because I wish I didn't have to take it. There is always the hope for a cure."

Anonymous November 29, 2008

33 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Very good"

phree November 18, 2008

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

OxyContin (oxycodone): "These pills are amazing. Nothing has ever worked the way they do on my back. I have had 3 surgeries and I will always be in pain but with these I can at least function and thats all I can ask for."

maniac42567 November 4, 2008

56 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have had a disc L5 slippage and have been in pain for about 3 years. I recently had the fusion of the L5 and S1 and have been on oxycodone 30 mg (2 every 4 hours) and oxycontin 20mg every 12 hours and I have to say it has been a lifesaver both at work and personally. I am actually able to function and live my life again."

Chris in FL October 29, 2008

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

OxyContin (oxycodone): "OxyContin is by far the best pain reliever that I have ever used without making me drowsy. It is most effective if prescribed at the proper strength for your condition. Take only as prescribed."

bbhowe3 October 26, 2008

56 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have bad back pain and this really works."

joandwh September 26, 2008

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

OxyContin (oxycodone): "I have been on Oxycontin for about eight years now, and I rate it as lifesaving. I can assure you that with four spinal surgeries and a failed hip replacement, no other drug including morphine has given me back the quality of life that Oxycontin has."

Anonymous September 25, 2008

75 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Roxicodone (oxycodone): "I've been on Roxicodone for about two years now and this is the ONLY short acting medication that has worked. I have been through all the short acting or break through medicines and Roxicodone is by far the greatest. I am on high doses due to having gastric bypass and not absorbing as a 'normal' person would. I need to have my tailbone removed as it's broken and swinging around back there. Not to mention it's broken at a 90 degree angle or angulated. INSANE pain. "

Anonymous September 21, 2008

30 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

OxyContin (oxycodone): "I've have been in severe pain for 25 years. I've been on just about everything for a back injury and my doctor finally put me on 20mg oxycontin twice a day and hydrocodone 10/650 for break through pain, every 8 hours. I've finally got my life back and my family. God bless the makers of oxycontin."

ROCKBUSTER September 18, 2008

145 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"It is a good pain killer"

mkl1 September 16, 2008

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

OxyContin (oxycodone): "My Primary Care Physician put me on Oxycontin for about a year and a half prior to having shoulder surgery. I had recently started a new job and did not have enough leave time to have the surgery. The only reason I survived and was able to work and have a half way normal life with less pain was through the use of Oxycontin. When I was finally able to have the Rotator Cuff surgery, my Surgeon said I would have to be off of Oxycontin for at least a month prior to the surgery because he could not give me anything stronger for pain after surgery and feared I would have a tolerance and that Oxy that would lessen the effect. No problem, I just stopped taking it. That was when the honeymoon was over."

papajack September 13, 2008

44 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have been ill for 40 of my 52 years with my rare condition called Autonomic Nerve Dysfunction(POTS). The pain I suffer from this condition is so bad I roll around the bed in pain , cannot walk and am bedridden at times and am unable to think straight. I started Oxycodone 3 years ago because my pain level reached 10 at times. I take 40mg of slow release every 24 hours (plus other drugs) since another tumor was found. I've added 20mg at night because I cannot lay on my arm until sorted. I DO NOT drive with this in my system, but other than this I've had no side effects. This drug gave me back my life and I can actually smile again."

hegwig September 13, 2008

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

OxyContin (oxycodone): "In 2000 I had 4 surgeries to repair an anal fistula. The surgeries were successful in that they did repair the fistula but they also left me in severe chronic pain. Pain in the rectum area is very difficult to treat. I've been to numerous doctors in Columbus, where I live and only 2 were willing to prescribe Oxycontin. When I was taking the Oxycontin the pain was much better and I could actually sit down at a desk and do a job. Then the last doctor took me off because I'd been taking them for so long and now I can't find a doctor to prescribe them again. Consequently I'm back to suffering with terrible pain because doctors are afraid to prescribe Oxcontin in Ohio unless the patient has cancer, which I don't."

ohiopainsufferer September 10, 2008

60 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Takes the pain right away."

Anonymous September 8, 2008

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

OxyContin (oxycodone): "This works great."

Anonymous September 5, 2008

113 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

OxyContin (oxycodone): "I fractured my L1 in 2/08 and have had chronic back pain since, in addition I have had 7 knee surgeries. My doctor is recommending knee replacements, but I'm only 36 and in no hurry to have it done. I've tried every kind of pain medicine there is. I found that Norco 10mg worked well but only lasted 3 hours or so and I was developing a tolerance to it. My family doctor finally referred me to a pain management doctor and he suggested oxycontin. I was hesitant at first becuase of the stigma associated with it but decided to give it a try. What a differance it's made in my quality of life. I take 1 x 20mg tablet in the morning and 1 in the evening and live pain free. I still take the Norco for break through pain, but don't need it often."

Congo September 3, 2008