User Reviews for Oxycodone (Page 14)

Also known as: Dazidox, Endocodone, ETH-Oxydose, M-Oxy, Oxaydo, Oxecta, OxyContin, Oxydose, Oxyfast, OxyIR, Percolone, Roxicodone, Roxicodone Intensol, RoxyBond, Xtampza ER …show all brand names

Oxycodone Rating Summary

8.7/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 1818 medications used in the treatment of Pain.

Reviews for Oxycodone to treat Pain

OxyContin (oxycodone): "I currently take 80mg OxyContin four times a day, although I sometimes try and see if I can manage on 2-3/day. I am 45 and will undergo hip replacement at end of April. OxyContin allows me to feel normal and most activities I used to do are doable. The best part is the absence of drowsiness and "euphoria" I always associate with opiates, so it doesn't get me all loopy."

duckworthy March 14, 2009

Roxicodone (oxycodone): "I have chronic pain and have tried everything and this works best. Roxicodone is a great "break through" medicine. I take 8, 30mg pills a day as needed. I also take 3 80mg pills of Oxycontin 3x a day for constant pain control. This is a very large amount but after years it is needed. "

fallbrookchris March 12, 2009

OxyContin (oxycodone): "This is a wonderful drug. Blue Cross will cover other pain drugs but this is the only one that works for me, and I have tried them all. I take x3 80mg pills 3 times a day, with up to 8, 30mg Morphine IR, and 8 Norco 10/325. Yes this is a lot of medication but it works. My doctor knows that I, a 26 year old male, 230 lbs. needs this amount, I have no side effects other than having a hard time sleeping. MS Contin is good too, but Oxycontin is what works best for me."

fallbrookchris March 12, 2009

OxyContin (oxycodone): "Very good (one of the best in my experience) pain drug but beware. It is VERY addicting with horrible withdrawal symptoms if you don't have help to get off of it."

Anonymous March 11, 2009

OxyContin (oxycodone): "I have just been put on 40mg oxycontin and 5/325 percocet and I am so happy to have my life back. My sons are 9 and 11 and now I can play football and "GET TACKLED " as well as playing baseball. I have had 7 knee surgeries, a shoulder rebuild, severe arthritic back and hips to top it off. There are days when I feel like I could strap it up and dance for 60 minutes like I did in college. Thank God for a Doctor who would write these scripts. There are many that will not for legal reason."

stelerfan58 March 6, 2009

"I recently broke my neck and am wearing a halo. Oxycodone is the only thing that seems to help, I'm only 20 years old and want to be active and this drug helps me to be somewhat active. It is wonderful."

Anonymous February 24, 2009

OxyContin (oxycodone): "Sometimes gives me a headache and makes me nauseous."

Anonymous February 21, 2009

OxyContin (oxycodone): "Took this for intractable migraine headaches. It worked wonders. I was able to go out in the world, go to movies, go with friends, go to restuarants, etc, until the doctor pulled it and started me on continuous toradol, which never cut the pain. This medication was a wonder drug."

Rocker2048 February 14, 2009

OxyContin (oxycodone): "I had Breast Cancer in July 07. Double Mastectomy. Chemo/Radiation. Starting taking oxycontin 20mg x 2 per day for pain from surgery. In October 08, found the cancer was back on my spine. My oncologist continues to increase my oxycontin. So now, for the past 4 days, I'm up to 100 mgs x 3 per day. I must say - I think we've got the dosage right this time. If you need the drug, take it. That's the way I look at it. I've had pain in my life, but nothing like this cancer pain. Thank God for Oxycontin."

Gabrarty February 12, 2009

"Keeps the pain away."

ladylucky February 6, 2009

OxyContin (oxycodone): "Personally, oxycontin takes care of the pain better than any other medicine and instead of the drowienes feeling, it gives me the energy to exercise and fit in with a healthy lifestyle. No breakthrough pain medicines needed at 80mg twice a day."

Phototechnics February 6, 2009

"My husband has been taking oxycontin for 5 years now. He has a back problem and it helps him go to work and move around. "

i am February 4, 2009

OxyContin (oxycodone): "I am 45 years old. I was in a car train accident in 1987, ejected from a truck in 1998, ruptured two disc in 2006 and in a head on collision in 2008. I wish I could tell everyone doctors, law enforcement and everyone who suffers from pain how life saving Oxycontin is."

Anonymous January 25, 2009

OxyContin (oxycodone): "My husband has been prescribed some kind of pain killer since the age of 11 due to football injuries as well as several auto accidents. Seventy-two broken bones throughout his life. About 9 years ago a pain management doctor prescribed him Oxycontin, and it has changed his life for the good as well as creating some unfortunate disadvantages. The withdrawl is horrible for him, but after a bilateral knee replacement, it definitely improved the quality of both of our lives. He is much more active than before, and can do so many things that I had to do for him in the past. So with proper management by doctors it has definitely proved to be a God-send."

Izzyyyy January 23, 2009

OxyContin (oxycodone): "I'm now 35 years old and I have been on Oxycontin 80mg 3 per day for about 10 years now, plus breakthrough pain medication. I found it very helpful until my body gradually developed tolerance to the medicine. I inquired about going to our local methadone clinic. I took a chance and tried methadone instead. Methadone took away all the pain that the oxycodone did but there wasn't any euphoric feeling. That is what caused problems with my family and the law. Well now I function and I have pain relief, and everyone is happy. "

goomba98 January 18, 2009

"I have a lot of metal in my spine and this helps a lot without making me drowsy or "stoned". I can function almost normally on this medication, with the only things holding me back from normal function being the actual metal screws and the associated pains in the torn muscles and sciatic nerve. The pains are still there, but definitely a lot more manageable with the oxycodone. After a brief "breaking in" period my thinking processes returned to normal, with little to no losing track of thoughts or other side effects you might expect with a narcotic like this."

Anonymous January 15, 2009

OxyContin (oxycodone): "I have been on oxycontin for 6 years now. I take 20mg 2 x a day along with a couple of other medicines. Before oxycontin, I was on 14 or more prescriptions that didn't work. I was ready to give up. Now, my pain from Fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue along with several surgeries is tolerable. Every now and then I forget to take my oxycontin in the morning and my body reminds me what life would be like without it. I don't know what I would do if it was ever pulled from the market."

FibroPain January 7, 2009

OxyContin (oxycodone): "The extended release oxycontin lasts longer and relieves the pain very well without having to take pain medication all day long. I have found it very effective with very little side effects."

VKNOX8 January 6, 2009

OxyContin (oxycodone): "I've been on Oxycontin for almost 4 years with a dosage of 40mg twice daily supplemented by hydrocodone 10/500 three times a day. My diagnosis is severe skelelatal trauma from a motorcycle accident and other car accidents. The oxycontin provides me with almost complete relief on a good day and makes my pain bearable on a bad day. The negative is the brutal withdrawl. I travel extensively for my job and take with me only what I need in a separate pill box. I carry a copy of the presecriptions with me. I had 22 oxycontins and 30+ hydrocodones stolen out of my luggage. I didn't want to ask for a refill early because I couldn't get either the airline or TSA to acknowledge the theft and did not want to be labeled a drug seeker."

nstacks January 1, 2009

OxyContin (oxycodone): "Like most others who use this medication, I find it very effective for pain relief. At over 500 lbs and with R/A, degenerative disc disease, blown out knees, ankles, back and severe shoulder and neck pain, etc. It is truly a God send. My pain level runs a solid 9 without my three 80 mg oxycontins, and eight Norco (when required) tablets, per day. With these the interpreted pain level drops way down to a three or four and I am actually able to experience a pleasant and rewarding life. My advise at 52 years old and after taking LOTS of pain medication over the years is to: Always take exactly as prescribed. Never crush or chew medication and really try to take the minimum amount that works for you. Best wishes."

anotherbrad January 1, 2009

"This drug is a God-send for chronic pain. I couldn't move before and my life was miserable. But now I feel like a normal person and I can take care of myself again."

happy again December 23, 2008

OxyContin (oxycodone): "This is a miracle drug for me. I raced motocross my entire life and broke many bones. Just twisted and banged my body 4 years. I'm only twenty eight and some mornings I feel 85 and can barely move. Oxycontin makes it all go away. It can help with little to no side effects. "

o-mann December 19, 2008

OxyContin (oxycodone): "I completely blew out L5 and crushed some nerves while I was active and after going to my PCM (primary care manager) for almost a year and only recieving lortab 10/500 the whole time, I was finally refered to a pain management specialist. He put me on Oxycontin 20mg ER and Fentora 200mcg for breakthrough pain. Although the oxycontin was the least potent medication I was on, it seemed to work much better than the rest. Now I've since been discharged and have a new doctor, who is now giving me 40mg Oxycontin and Percocet 10/325 for breakthrough pain. The 40mgs are working much better and I don't have to deal with the addictive fentanyl. OxyContin has given me a quality of life that I had almost forgotten about."

L5explosion December 8, 2008

"This drug does take away pain, but needs to be used ONLY AS DIRECTED. "

Anonymous December 1, 2008

Roxicodone (oxycodone): "This medicine has allowed me to function as a 'normal' productive person. With the proper use of this medicine others have no idea that I live with severe chronic, intractable facial pain. As with any medicine, I can't give it a 10 because I wish I didn't have to take it. There is always the hope for a cure."

Anonymous November 29, 2008