User Reviews for Oxycodone (Page 9)

Also known as: Dazidox, Endocodone, ETH-Oxydose, M-Oxy, Oxaydo, Oxecta, OxyContin, Oxydose, Oxyfast, OxyIR, Percolone, Roxicodone, Roxicodone Intensol, Xtampza ER

Learn more about Oxycodone.

Pain 395 reviews 1102 medications

8.8
Chronic Pain 191 reviews 112 medications

8.2
Summary of Oxycodone reviews 586 reviews 8.5

Reviews for Oxycodone

For Chronic Pain: "Works, able to move after ten years of everything else."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 28, 2013

Roxicodone (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: "I was on Percocet 10/325 and the highest dose. It was killing my stomach but since my doctor changed it to just roxicodone without acetaminophen I feel much better. It definitely helps with the pain. I take a lot less pills now because I'm on the right dose. I haven't had any bad reactions either so far. Been on this for almost a year now."

Gizzmo727 (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 23, 2013

93 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Chronic Pain: "Would recommend this to someone with chronic to severe neck or back pain. I only take 1-2 of these a day compared to taking 6-8 hydrocodone a day. They work fast and last. "

neeko3238 June 22, 2013

Roxicodone (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: "I initially suffered compression fractures of L1, L2, & L3 with fractures of the vertebrae & 20% disc space loss between L1 & L2 & L2 & L3. Only 8 months later I had the unfortunate experience at a sporting goods store, a 240lb shelf fell directly on my head knocking me out cold for 30 seconds. That also led to a fractured C5, nerve damage, & a Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI). I was lucky enough to get in to see 1 of the best pain management doctors, who was working out of a hospital in Denver at the time, and he put me on Roxicodone 30mg x 6/day and I've never had a more effective medication! It truly made the pain vanish & I could go about my day as normal. I moved to IL & they drastically lowered my meds & switched me to Dilaudid & it isn't nearly as effective!"

ZuluAlphaKilo07 (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 19, 2013

77 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Pain: "Best pain medication I've ever taken. It makes me tired though and it also makes me very itchy."

ALMPA (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 18, 2013

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: "I used to take Vicodin 500 for severe menstrual cramps, this was in the the early 90's. I just used it for menstrual pain. I had a breast augment in 2001 and received enough Percocet to heal and my Dr. addressed using it as directed. I was suffering neck and shoulder pain already and never considered using opiates. It became so chronic and severe that by 2010 I couldn't work and by 2011 I was on 5mg oxycodone. Now in 2013 I use 20 mg Oxycontin 2x a day with 5 mg oxycodone for breakthrough pain. It has allowed me to exercise, go outside and drive, shop again, see my friends and family. It is no substitute for treatment. I am a candidate for spine surgery, I will attempt this at 37. I will see with proper therapeutic options and surgery how I can taper."

4RealJennyB (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 16, 2013

For Pain: "I have low back pain and down my right leg from osteoporosis, arthritis and degenerative disc disease. For two years I have cried most of the night in severe pain. This medicine takes about 45 minutes to kick in and lasts about 3 hours at 5mg. The problem (I think) is that my doctor will not raise the dose, which I understand but only allows me to take it every 12 hours. After about 3-4 hours I'm in severe pain again and just watch the clock and cry. The label on the bottle says every 4 hrs as needed but will not refill if I take more than 2 a day. "

JoanieH June 16, 2013

For Chronic Pain: "Definitely effective."

Ramona21 June 5, 2013

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: "I'm reading all these reviews and agree how effective this medicine is in dealing with chronic and cancer pain. Was on it for 12 years for back and breast cancer pain. "

Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more) June 2, 2013

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: "The only side effect I've experienced is sleeplessness."

Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more) May 23, 2013

For Chronic Pain: "i have been struggling with chronic necrotic pancreatitis. They had tried everything and I still could not function. They switched me to oxycodone 3 days ago. It was a miracle! I have very little pain and feel normal! I am so excited to be able to do things with my kids again!"

angel johnson (taken for less than 1 month) May 15, 2013

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: "It worked the best."

princefan29 May 12, 2013

Roxicodone (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: "Have chronic back pain bulging disc in L1 and S5 along with lumbar thinning due to osteoarthritis which I have in my hands knees and ankles, also Fibromyalgia. I am prescribed 6 daily 10/325 Vicodin. When I have a"Flare up" they do not work. Doctor called this in for me 10 mg. I just took the 1st pill about an hour ago and I am pain free. Unfortunately he will not put me on this medication regularly, this is just to get me through until I can get another MRI to make sure nothing has changed in my spine. "

Ashby May 7, 2013

For Pain: "Without this medication, I wouldn't be able to do all the things that a mum is supposed to do. I've 3 small children and its hard especially with bulging discs and joints that because of wear and tear are so incredibly painful. The only thing is the withdrawal's. I forgot to get my script over the holiday and had no pain relief for 4 days. It was the worst 4 days of my whole entire life. I will never ever put myself through that EVER again. If I could give 1 bit of advice to someone who was starting on this medication it would be only take what you need."

ANGIE (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 2, 2013

For Chronic Pain: "This medicine really helps with pain. "

happy patient (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 2, 2013

For Pain: "I am a 59 year old, who has follicullar cancer plus chronic fatigue syndrome. I was on SR morphine tabs but had bad reactions to it so I was put on oxycodone oral 10mg as needed plus 20mgs of Oxycontin twice a day and the change in me is brilliant. Everyone who knows me says have they cured the illnesses as I look and feel great. They have not cured me but the tablets have given me a new lease of life."

big alec April 29, 2013

For Chronic Pain: "I have been through 2 severe accidents plus I was born with copious so I have strenuous disc disease 2 hesitated discs in my neck, 2 in my lumber and 3 building discs and I had all kinds of pain relieving injections had my nerves burned in my neck and it did work. The doctor wants me to get surgery but I have a terminal special needs child and without my 30 mg of occasions 4 times a day I wouldn't be able to move let alone enjoy my time with my beautiful daughter. "

Micheh (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 16, 2013

Roxicodone (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: "Works wonderful for severe pain if used as prescribed"

joe smow (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 13, 2013

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: "My PM doc ran me through the gamut of long acting pain killers before settling on OxyContin. When I started seeing this PM doc I had been taking 15 mg oxycodone (IR) 6 times a day and he told me we needed to get me on a long acting medicine. We tried Exalgo, Opana, Avinza, Nucynta, and Exalgo again. They all seemed to provide adequate pain relief, just not for the amount of time they claim to. Back to old faithful. OxyContin /oxycodone hasn't failed. me yet."

Thedeanius (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 31, 2013

110 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: "I been on Oxycontin for 6 years now, of course my PM doc gave me the lowest dose and worked up from there. I am at the maximum amount they will give me which is 80mg 3 X a day plus, Oxy IR 30mgs 3 times a day plus Soma 350mg 3 times a day, it may seem like a lot but over the years my body developed a tolerance to this medicine but now I have been on this same dose for 3 years and it is perfect, no need to take anymore but the bad thing is the DEA inspected my docs office and asked him to switch all of his patients off of Oxycontin to morphine so now I am on the morphine. I am finding that it does not work as good as the Oxycontin."

Jake1219 March 26, 2013

101 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Chronic Pain: "I have had 4 back surgeries and have cartilage degeneration disease in my knees and shoulders. I have been taking 60 Mg every 4 to 6 hours for the last 5 years. It has been a lifesaver for me as I was in such bad condition before going to this strength. I would work come home roll up in a ball and just hurt so bad. This medicine has allowed me to keep working and have a decent quality of life."

mrpop March 25, 2013

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: "I suffer with Elhers Danlos . This med Oxycontin has given me back my life. I take 15mg twice day. I can't get out of bed without it!"

sammie1975 March 15, 2013

For Chronic Pain: "I been taking oxycodone for 2 years. First they put me on morphine, which made me depressed all the time. The Dr would send the PA to talk so I stop going to him and started a new Dr in Staten Island. Hurt on the job, broke my back and had neck shoulder and knee problems from my work accident. I take oxycodone, feel better, much less depressed now and had no side effect with the new medicines. Life charging for me."

Bridgedog February 22, 2013

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Pain: "I have been dealing with chronic back, neck, hip, knee and both ankles pain for ten years now. I'm 48yrs I've always worked until my body broke down. If were not for the Oxycontin, I would be bedridden and in a wheelchair. When taken appropriately this is a miracle. "

pigeontoe (taken for 10 years or more) February 7, 2013

203 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Chronic Pain: "I found this medication very useful in controlling my pain. Have had several oral surgeries. The stigma surrounding meds like these is frustrating. In my opinion, it makes it difficult for people like myself to get them prescribed, although I do understand it."

Ballet Boy (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 24, 2013