User Reviews for Oseltamivir to treat Influenza (Page 9)

Also known as: Tamiflu

Oseltamivir Rating Summary

6.0/10 Average Rating

Compare all 44 medications used in the treatment of Influenza.

Reviews for Oseltamivir

Likeasunrise · Taken for less than 1 month February 20, 2018

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “My 5 year old daughter tested positive for Influenza A. She was prescribed tamiflu. I also got a prescription of tamiflu because I also had a fever, body aches, sore throat, and coughing. We both took one dose of tamiflu and it made both of us throw up so much that we decided not to take anymore. I actually feel better not taking it. We can actually hold down food and fluids when we don’t take tamiflu.”

Tamiflu user! · Taken for less than 1 month February 19, 2018

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “My 9 year old son was tested positive for Influenza A and we started Tamiflu suspensions right away. We can tell the difference in his condition after couple of hours... less cough, 2nd day he looked & felt exhausted. Congestion was lessen by 3rd day.. I had to give him warm teas, chicken soup, steam- everything that will help him to fight the flu.. Kept him hydrated and gave him this medicine with food so he’ll not have upset stomach. It did make hem a little neausaous on day 1 &2... but this sure is effective to FIGHT THE FLU ”

Ms. W February 19, 2018

“After taking this medication for 4 of the 5 days, the muscle spasms became so severely widespread and excruciating that I could not even sleep. Nothing helped to ease the pain and my hands became so stiffened that I couldn't use them at all.”

Er12241999 February 19, 2018

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “I had Influenza A twice last year and took Tamiflu but was at the far end of the recommended 48 hours. I pay 109 dollars so when I realized that I once again had Influenza A I debated whether I should pay the money to shave off the extra day or two. As I grew sicker, I realized I needed to call the doctor because my congestion was making it difficult to breathe. I was a day into the flu. My doctor felt the medicine was worth taking as my Flu symptoms were very severe. About 4 hours after taking the med, I saw a significant difference in my symptoms. The only side effects I had was some mild diarrhea and slight nausea. The other symptoms including a severe headache before taking Tamiflu subsided quickly after the first dose.”

Bxgirl · Taken for less than 1 month February 18, 2018

“Went to Dr for body aches and fever and head ache. Was tested for flu and tested positive. I was prescribed the generic form of tamiflu. Which the doctor said was not a cure but may relieve symptoms. So I said I would try. after the first dose my body aches went away but my headache did not. After taking the second dose I had a terrible nights sleep. I had such a terrible headache. Ice pick headache every 20 sec to a minute. It hurts bad, the same time started getting a sore throat. I think I'm going to stop taking the medication.”

DellMo · Taken for less than 1 month February 18, 2018

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “I was diagnosed with Influenza A (very ill) and prescribed Tamiflu (1 pill twice a day, every 12 hrs). When I took it the first day (morning), within 10 minutes I was feeling much better. I did as the doctor said and bought gallons of water and Gatorade to help keep me hydrated. I was on my second day of medication and started with side effects—night time continuum coughing, pain behind the eyes that became progressively worse into day 3 of meds, a weird pain/exhaustion with lifting my arms, like by my armpits (I wish I could describe it better), nausea, sore throat, incredibly dehydrated. I was definitely hydrating (a gallon of water and more a day and 3 gatorade bottles along with soups, broths, teas) but it wasn’t enough. Also, please note there can be a change in your urine. It can become foamy—important to hydrate and electrolytes. I was also constipated and took a natural lax (prune juice). All this to say, tamiflu helps, but it does have side effects. Listen to your body.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month February 18, 2018

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “Took the medicine within 18 hours of onset of symptoms. I have had zero side effects and am on my 4th day of treatment. My symptoms are much milder than they have been in years past when I have gotten the flu. My two children, ages 4 and 1, are on the prophylactic dose and have not had any noticeable side effects. They hate the taste but no other issues. I can’t help but wonder if some of what is being attributed to the drug is actually a symptom of the flu itself based on some of the anecdotes in these reviews....”

Flipboard · Taken for less than 1 month February 18, 2018

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “I took it about 36 hours after my first symptoms. I got it for free through my health insurance. This all happened by going to my Urgent care, the Dr. Tested me for influenza and it came back positive. If I could go back in time I would not have taken the Tamiflu, and if I ever get the flu again I'm not going to take the Tamiflu. I rather chop up a clove of garlic and take it raw with water, at least that makes me feel better. In the other hand every time I took tamiflu it made me feel worse. This flu I had while taking Tamiflu was one of the worse ones I had, while my uncle who just took garlic handled it much better than I, and we got sick around the same time. I feel Tamiflu made the flu more intolerable.”

MicahSmith February 18, 2018

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “I came down with the flu on a Friday and I just thought it was the common cold. I found on Monday it was flu type A, so I was prescribed tamiflu. On Tuesday I felt better, but on Thursday I became very lightheaded, moody, fatigued, and started having bad respiratory problems especially a hacking hoarse itchy cough. It's terrible and I don't recommend this medication. I stopped taking the medication after 4 days & I'm miserable.”

Bert860 February 18, 2018

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “I just finished my last pill of Tamiflu and I couldn’t be more happier that I’m done with the treatment. This drug is powerful; though it did help my curb my flu in the first few days, I wonder if it was worth it. I’ve experienced severe dehydration, insomnia and nausea through out my experience. Those side effects got progressively worst throughout my time taking it. I caution anyone who takes this potent drug; it does effect your personality as I found myself a little irritable and on edge. Overall it helped but it may not be worth the risk ... I just hope I go back to normal tomorrow!”

HappyNanaX4 February 16, 2018

“Had to be driven to the doctor because I felt so horrible. Fever 102. Diagnosis was flu. Tamiflu prescribed. Pharmacist advised taking after eating something - not easy when you feel that awful, but I made myself eat a few bites of a PB&J. By 3rd dose of Tamiflu (next day), I was feeling 100% better, fever broke before 4th dose, and I had zero side effects. I am now Tamiflu’s biggest fan. Make sure you eat something before each dose and get to the doctor as soon as symptoms start. I just took 5th dose and continue to feel better. Last time I had the flu, I was in bed a week and dropped 15 lbs. Tamiflu is amazing. Generic available, which is what I have. Co-pay was $10.”

ctinatlanta · Taken for less than 1 month February 15, 2018

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “I tested positive for type A and after just two doses of tamiflu the cough decreased by 90%, the fever subsided and I felt human again. I added ibuprofen to help with the body aches and 3 days later I feel super. No side effects and definitely recommend it if you test positive”

Jdw68 February 15, 2018

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “I went to the Dr on Tuesday morning for 2 days been feeling bad coughing body aches feeling terrible the doctor tested me it came back positive flu strand a started taking Tamiflu .Tuesday night on day 3 no side effects feeling much better highly recommend this drug”

AB2018 · Taken for less than 1 month February 15, 2018

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “I experienced significant stomach cramps and then an hour or so later, runny diarrhea. I've heard of so many people who were sick with the flu for over a week. So, I'm willing to deal with the cramps and diarrhea if the Tamiflu lessens my down time.”

Renee Bailey February 14, 2018

“I went to the ER on February 11,2018 I started to feel terrible, I had a fever101,4, lightheaded, fast heartbeats, throat sore, earaches. When I got to ER the Dr said I was dehydrated so they hooked me up to a IV and then they did a swab test for the sore throat and the flu and sore throat swab test came back negative, but the flu was positive. I stayed at the ER 3 hours after finishing my IV. The Doc wrote prescriptions Tamivir 75mgs 10days. I'm on the 3 day make me feel weak, short of breath (kinda), kinda blurry vision. The side effects are most definitely terrible but hopefully I'll be better after finishing my 7 more pills.”

Npickle85 February 14, 2018

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “I got sick at night ( headache, body ache, fever of 104.8, runny nose, exhausted...) I went the the doctors the next afternoon. I tested positive for Influenza A. She prescribed Tamiflu. I took the medicine when I got home and after a couple hours my symptoms where improving it’s the next day and I feel so much better all ready I was sceptical but I really am amazed. I have not had any stomach upsets yet but I’m only on my second pill and I’ve been taking it with crackers.”

Not worth taking · Taken for less than 1 month February 14, 2018

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “Tamiflu is not for everyone. Buyer beware! Please think about taking this drug before taking it and moreover spending your money on this. It will not cure the flu. Made my sister feel really bad this drug will keep you "wired" certainly counter indicates getting any needed rest or sleep. The racing feeling will stay with for 12 hours equivalent to taking one dose. Some have experienced restless legs syndrome and psychological side effects. Extreme hyper activity. As a result a provider recommended her to stop this drug. She's been taking the tamiflu now 2 days and has to stop it 3 days early. Doctor says this drug may not be worth it for some people since the side effects may outweigh the benefits. Some side effects may be life threatening and in the end only shortens the flu by 1 day. Hope anyone reading this experiencing this terrible flu gets better.”

sub teacher · Taken for less than 1 month February 13, 2018

“Having no bad side effects from generic tamiflu. It only cost me $5 via my insurance for generic drugs. I was very worried about nausea and vomiting, but have not experienced that after taking 4 caps so far. I also no longer have flu symptoms, but continuing the entire pack to reap the preventative effects of this drug against another strain I did not catch yet. The side effects people describe seem to be exactly what I was experiencing from flu itself: headaches and fluctuating periods of extreme fatigue, so I am hesitant to believe those are caused by the medication. I did get the flu shot in Oct and this is Feb, and I am one of those who just experienced mild flu symptoms from being vaccinated. I chose this med to provide added protection and prevention.”

Undersea February 13, 2018

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “I saw my doctor and was positive for H1N2. At the same time my ears had fluid, throat was raw with some swollen glands and my back and ribs were hurting pretty bad from 2 days of coughing. I picked up Azithromycin (ZPack) and Oseltamivir Phosphate( Tamiflu) at Pharmacy. I took all 3 pills (2 from Z pack) and the Oseltamivir about 9:00 pm with an English muffin (plain) and a half cup of unsweetened applesauce. Pretty soon afterward I began to experience severe pain in my stomach that got progressively worse, then the dry heaves began. I contemplated taking myself to the ER but didn't want to get exposed to more sickness. Today my stomach is so sore and tender that I can't even entertain the idea of taking either pill not knowing which one or both was the culprit, but I heard azithromycin is hard on the stomach. FYI ...My flu symptoms were headache( unrelenting), and a croupy cough which started rapidly on 2/9/18. I had already been suffering with a runny nose all winter.”

Meghan70297 February 13, 2018

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “I never have gotten the flu but was diagnosed a couple days ago along with my 1 year old son. Within 30 minutes he puked 4x on the liquid, I tried it and I will say it did help me actually get some sleep and helped me take my migraine away. I've been taking two tylenol extra strengths on top of this. Only symptom is diarrhea/ and possibly vomiting (I feel nauseous)”

AJC66 February 13, 2018

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “Only on day 3 of 5 but I really feel like it's working. Despite the side effects, which for me has been headache, insomnia and fatigue (bc of the insomnia). I feel wired. Like my brain doesn't want to sleep even though my body does! However, the flu is not progressing at this point (knock on wood!) No high fever or chills. Think I caught it early. I would take again for sure.”

MaryO86 · Taken for less than 1 month February 12, 2018

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “I commented below recently using the name MaryO12086. I'm on my last day of pills and wanted to give an update. When I first started taking these pills I got the worst headaches and felt extremely tired and weak which would last for 3 hours but on my third day of taking the pills this no longer happened. I started feeling a lot better! I'm now on day 5 (last day) of the pills and I feel great. There is one other issue that I now have though. On day 3 of taking the pills I developed some type of irritation on the roof of my mouth. I'm stuck eating bananas, bread, and avocados because everything else touches the irritation and stings really badly. This is my last day of taking tamiflu so I'm hoping that after I'm done it will heal and I can go back to living life normally! The side effects of these pills suck but they did work for me which is why I now give them a 7/10. The flu is really scary this year so I'm glad I was able to finish my course.”

KimSchmitt February 12, 2018

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “I was diagnosed with the flu over the weekend and started on Tamiflu. After 24 hours on Tamiflu, my fever broke and all of my symptoms were less intense. I also have not noticed any side effects of the drug. I highly recommend Tamiflu to anyone dealing with the flu!”

Dreymomma · Taken for less than 1 month February 11, 2018

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “Dreyson has never had an ear infection in his life. He had his ears checked in the office when they diagnosed him with influenza. Day 3 he started crying and yelling he couldn't hear out if his right ear. I stopped the med that day in researched similar side effects. I found one woman. He still to this day a month and a half later still has little to no hearing in his ear.”

Edward motag February 10, 2018

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “My wife and I we both got flu in 2 weeks apart. Our Doctor suggested Tamiflu . We both have bluehshield Silver and even with that policy we had to pay $120.00 to get the pil . I truly believe that this drug is a scam. It's a waste of money and doesn't do anything. And when you call and ask why this medicine doesn’t work, their answer is : you have start taking it within 24 hours when you get flu. Now my question is , dose anyone know when exactly you got the flu and then count the hours?????? Goodness knows who is behind this , perhaps somebody is making billions with this scam”