User Reviews for Oseltamivir to treat Influenza (Page 8)

Also known as: Tamiflu

Oseltamivir Rating Summary

6.0/10 Average Rating

Compare all 44 medications used in the treatment of Influenza.

Reviews for Oseltamivir

smalvin · Taken for less than 1 month March 14, 2018

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “My flu started with a hacking cough and vomiting. Within 6 hours, it was clear that I had something pretty severe. Went to the doctor about 36 hours later and was prescribed Tamiflu. The first 2 pills seemed to help, but after that I had diarrhea, a seasick like nausea and really bad insomnia. It's been 3 days and 6 pills later and I'm done. I simply can't take the diarrhea and I can't get any rest. Plus, when I return to work I don't want to have diarrhea and suffer from lack of sleep. I'll have to take my chances.”

Angie March 14, 2018

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “Horrible drug. I took it for 3 days. Never again. Gave me horrible side effects. I still have pain in my back and cough. Did not help at all. I am only grateful that I used my brain and never gave it to my daughter. Since taking this I don't believe in doctors anymore especially those useless ones from walk in clinics.”

Steph · Taken for less than 1 month March 14, 2018

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “I can't keep it down. The second I swallow, I vomit. I've tried mixing with yogurt, macaroni salad, chocolate syrup, nothing.”

Rave Dave · Taken for less than 1 month March 12, 2018

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “I'm the RN who's review is just below who's unit was shut down. I'm on day 5 now last day of Tamiflu and this medication rocks! It reduced the intensity of the flu and I was feeling better by day 3. Now day 5, I'm just coughing up phlegm. No side effects at all. I sense others who reviewed this medication who had the flu may have confused their side effects with the flu symptoms? I would for sure repeat this medication again”

Sandy · Taken for less than 1 month March 11, 2018

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “I am amazed. Was sick, ached, temp, tired, nauseous, .... really felt awful. Within 8 hours of taking Tamiflu, symptoms diminished. Within 20 hours, 3 doses, only slight sore throat remains! Energy mostly back. Was expecting a miserable 2 weeks. I am grateful. I’ve heard Tamiflu may be more effective with some viruses than others...I was lucky”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month March 10, 2018

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “Extreme fatigue, diarrhea, nausea, depression and anxiety. I felt so much better before taking this-- never had any of those symptoms before. This is awful, there is no way I can finish the prescription.”

rave dave · Taken for less than 1 month March 9, 2018

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “I'm an RN and the unit I work on was shut down by the city due to a flu outbreak. No admissions were permitted during this out break. I started to have symptoms (muscle pain, headache, fever alternating with chills and lethargy). Within 24 hrs of the symptoms I took my first dose of 75mg of Tamiflu. I have yet to complete the course of the medication. I'm on my 3rd dose. I'm not sure if it’s made an impact on my symptoms, but, can for say that my experience of the flu in the past was way more intense than now. I feel tamiflu has likely decreased the intensity of the symptoms. I have had no side effects that I am aware of. I will update my review ongoing.”

kissmekate · Taken for less than 1 month March 8, 2018

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “In order for Tamiflu to work, you need to 1) test positive for influenza and 2) need to start taking it within 1 to 2 days of FIRST symptoms. I started getting a stuffy runny nose and thought it was a cold. Then the next day started feeling tired, body aches and started getting a fever. I went straight to the doctors and did a rapid test which was positive and started taking Tamilfu that evening. Now on day 2, still feel tired but overall much improved with no fever. If you look at the people who are complaining that Tamiflu doesn't work, it's because they've passed that initial 48 hour period and by then the virus is full blown and the anti viral Tamiflu isn't going to be as effective.”

D.U · Taken for less than 1 month March 8, 2018

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “I was diagnosed with Flu B two days ago (my symptoms started less than 24hrs before getting diagnosed) and my doctor prescribed me tamiflu. Not only am I still dealing with flu symptoms (high fevers, body aches, etc) Now, I am also dealing with the side effects of this medication. Double whammy! Dizziness, nausea, diarrhea and insomnia (which I find ironic considering the doctors stress how important resting is). On top of that my anxiety is at an all time high. This medication may work for a few but it definitely did more damage than help in my case. I will stop taking after trying it for 2 days.”

Debrasimons · Taken for less than 1 month March 7, 2018

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “I had to take Tamiflu about 5 or 6 years ago and within a few days was much better and now again I'm having to take it. I immediately started it and though the first day was miserable with the flu I can already tell a difference in the intensity but of course I did get the flu shot months ago both times so I think Tamiflu combined with the flu shot definitely makes a more positive outcome.”

BeccaLyn · Taken for less than 1 month March 7, 2018

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “My doctor prescribed Tamiflu for me yesterday after I was told I have influenza. I was hesitant to take it out of fear of the side effects. But I gave it a try anyway. I threw up after two hours of taking the first dose but then immediately began to feel better after a few hours. I was going to discontinue taking it if the second dose made me vomit. Thankfully it didn’t. Instead, my fever broke by morning. I truly believe Tamiflu helped decrease the severity of my flu symptoms as well as shorten the duration of this terrible flu. Thank you Tamiflu!”

mamal · Taken for less than 1 month March 4, 2018

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “My granddaughter was put on this medicine after being diagnosed 1 day for flu. She took 3-4 liquid doses and ended up in ER to get anti-nausea med because it made her more sicker than the flu itself. She discontinued it immediately and made a 360 degree turn around. She had had upset stomach with vomiting and sneezing, red eyes and watery and mucus. this med definitely NOT the answer and NOT worth the money it cost!!!!”

Teacherwithflu · Taken for less than 1 month March 2, 2018

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “I am a teacher and many of our students had the flu. I started with a mild cough on Monday, which got worse by Tuesday and then also started with a low grade fever on Tuesday afternoon. Took Motrin for fever and was convinced it was just a cold. Wednesday low fever again. Thursday third day of low fever (100), along with sore throat, post nasal drip, chills, headache. Went to doctor and tested positive for flu Type A. Started Tamaflu on Thursday and immediately started feeling better. Only on day 2 of Tamiflu but feel so much better already. Only slight nauseousness with the medicine, which I ate some crackers and was fine.”

Laura · Taken for less than 1 month March 2, 2018

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “My 10 yr old son was diagnosed with influenza b on the 21st of February on 22nd got tamiflu he's finished with medicine and still coughing bad what do I do”

Anonymous Flu User · Taken for less than 1 month March 1, 2018

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “I had flu for a week before taking Tamiflu I will say that after completing the five day course my Flu lifted but my God the side effects! Started this on a Saturday vomited on Sunday, stomach upsets Monday and Tuesday plus nausea. Wednesday I was severely sick on my last day of tablets I tried taking with and without food but to no avail I was vomiting three timea and could barely sleep even the smell of food was enough to make me severely nauseous. It's now the day after the end of course still had stomach upsets but can eat again I'm on my 11th day of being ill since these pills added 5 days of sickness to my illness. I don't think I could take this again couldn't even keep down dry toast and water yesterday despite being starvingly hungry, I've also lost loads of weight not slept well at all and felt irritable and weepy. If I ever need an anti viral again I won't be taking this, never felt so ill in my entire life.”

Lanie65 · Taken for less than 1 month February 28, 2018

“I came down with the flu on Sunday. Somehow made it to the doctor on Monday morning, got the prescription but left it for a relative to pick it up for me in the evening. By the time I got the medication, I could barely move. Relentless cough, fever, headache, chills, pain all over - Advil and Tylenol did not help. I took my first pill Monday night, and overnight started feeling better. By Tuesday I almost completely stopped coughing, fever broke, pain was almost all gone except for a light headache. This morning (day 3) I had enough energy to clean the house, and had to remind myself to take it easy since I am still somewhat weak. This medication worked amazingly well for me, and I didn't experience any side effects.”

Des · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 28, 2018

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “I was prescribed Tamiflu earlier today and I took it. I had started displaying symptoms of the flu about 36 hours before I visited the doctor and she recommended Tamiflu. I had high hopes it would relieve me of the illness sooner but I can't take this. About an hour or so after I took one capsule, I began vomiting 2 to 3 times an hour. The nausea is still bothering me and it's been five hours.”

zebradys · Taken for less than 1 month February 26, 2018

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “At the onset of flu symptoms I made an appointment to see the doctor the next morning. I started taking Tamiflu an hour later, so it was definitely less than 36 hours before the onset of symptoms. I experienced some fever, chills, aches, headache, sore throat and congestion for 2 days, and then felt much better each day after that. I am amazed at how quickly the flu resolved.”

Spet · Taken for less than 1 month February 24, 2018

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “This drug was literally a life saver for my 21 month old. Sister had the flu 6 days fever..5 of them high fever. My youngest son picked up flu from him. One night 104 fever... respiratory distress... took him to the ER They diagnosed flu A and started breathing assistance and tamiflu. After 2 doses he was already on the mend and fever free. He spent two days at the hospital under observation but was great. My daughter was already past when she could have taken tamiflu so she suffered another several days. This drug cut his time in half or better of flu symptoms. Thank you Tamiflu.”

Denise February 24, 2018

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “Started taking tamiflu less than 12 hrs after diagnosed with influenza A. Day 2 started feeling better less achy and no fever, day 3 even better have 2 more days left have had 0 side effects would take this med again.”

Jesse · Taken for less than 1 month February 23, 2018

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “Never take tamiflu. It's not worth. Got influenza b positive and dr prescribed tamiflu. Took it and symptoms improved immediately but I also had palpitations, trembling feeling in the body, light headed, stopped it after two days. That's it !!! Iwill never take it. Before taking it search online yourself. It's not worth taking the risk for only a day or two shortness in flu duration.”

Flu type B · Taken for less than 1 month February 22, 2018

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “After 3 days of coughing I finally started running a fever and went to the doctor. I was diagnosed with flu type B. Tamiflu was prescribed for twice a day. Two hours after taking the first dose I noticed that I was extremely irritable and began vomiting. I won’t be taking anymore. My sister had a similar experience. Unfortunately, I don’t know how effective the drug is. It works well for my mother, who didn’t experience nausea. Be aware of the side effects. For me, I would rather have flu symptoms than have nausea and vomiting.”

Anadka February 22, 2018

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “My son 6.5 was prescribed Tamiflu after being diagnosed with influenza B on Monday. He is asthmatic so the doctor recommended taking it. He is still recovering but we think the medicine so far did more good than harm. His fever broke a day after taking it, he is doing better still long way to get back on the track but I believe the medicine helped. Take it with food that’s important. Son had some nightmares and restlessness during night time. Also had “visions” , not sure if it the Tamiflu or the illness. Paid 96 co pay.”

Jeanne McNamee · Taken for less than 1 month February 21, 2018

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “Mild body aches on Sunday night. Monday, aches really increased and a mild headache began. Went to bed Monday night woke at 2 am with fever, chills, sweating profusely (soaked sheets), stomach ache, & severe headache. Tuesday I went to urgent care- flu diagnosed. Tamiflu ordered 1 capsules twice daily for 5 days. After 3 doses (with food) & already headache is gone, Stomach ache gone, Body aches very minimal. Get to the doc when the body aches start. I did take other things with the Tamiflu (I am not affiliated with any supp. co.): I also took Echinacea, Stress "B" Complex vitamin, & garlic supplement once a day. Also, have been drinking eight 8oz glasses of water each day. I think some of the low reviews here must mean the person began taking Tamiflu beyond that critical 48-hour window. Feel better everyone.”

Robroskie February 20, 2018

Tamiflu (oseltamivir): “Doctor gave me the option of this after diagnosing the flu. Although it sounded great I ended up feeling agitated and with severe insomnia, which slowly went away after taking the drug. I even took one more dose a few days later just to make sure and indeed I had another night of almost zero sleep. Didn't help with symptoms and gave me side effects that made me feel much worse. Avoid.”