User Reviews for Ocular lubricant

Also known as: 20/20 Tears, Adsorbotear, Akwa Tears, Altalube, Aquasite, Aquasite Artificial Tears, Artificial Tears, Artificial Tears Plus, Bion Tears, Blairex Just Tears, Celluvisc, Clear Eyes Contact Lens Multi-Action Relief, Clear Eyes Natural Tears Lubricating, Clear Eyes Outdoor Dry, Comfort Tears, ...show all 108 brand names

Learn more about Ocular lubricant.

Ocular lubricant Rating Summary

7.7/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 72 medications used in the treatment of Eye Dryness/Redness.

Reviews for Ocular lubricant to treat Eye Dryness/Redness

Clear Eyes Contact Lens Multi-Action Relief (ocular lubricant): "My skin became bright red when this leaked from my eyes."

Buttercup9 (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 9, 2016

Lacrisert (ocular lubricant): "I have tried everything to help with my dry eyes...Lacriserts have helped me so much! I was putting eye drops in my eyes 100 times a day and they still were so painful and dry. I had light sensitivity and terrible pain. After using these I hardly ever have to use eye drops anymore. My light sensitivity is gone and I feel about 90% better and more normal. I do find that towards the end of the day I may have to remove them because they get a little globby and can smear my vision, but a small trade off for feeling so much better."

avidinternet (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 18, 2016

Hypotears (ocular lubricant): "I agreed 100% with " GrandmaMickey69" about how she feels 'cause of the discontinuation of this miracle eye drops"'hypo tears" It's a disgrace for myself"

lokkis October 18, 2015

Tears Naturale (ocular lubricant): "I was sold this medicine as a natural remedy. All it does is make my eye worse and irritate the one eye I have used it for. It become inflamed and even redder. No wonder really as it contains a cocktail of acids, include hydrochloric. No more natural than anything you'd find a lab. I think I'll use distilled water."

Bob Bewley (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 1, 2015

Systane (ocular lubricant): "Was prescribed this for dry eyes by optometrist, told to use twice daily. Ever since 1st use, eyes stung and got extremely red, vision got worse, blurry vision, redness, itchy, and sensitivity to light. Did not realize it was this until I stopped use. Was told to use every 2 hours and vision was getting worse. This product did not work for me."

Jennifer36 September 23, 2015

TheraTears Liquid Gel (ocular lubricant): "Caused swelling to nose and eye and face also sneezing and nasal sinus drip. Dr. wanted 4x a day usage. Discontinued use and symptoms ceased"

chuck gerolium (taken for less than 1 month) September 8, 2015

Systane Ultra (ocular lubricant): "My ophthalmologist recommended Systane for dry eyes, so I tried them out. Though the compound does lubricate reasonably well, it is so viscous that it tends to cause burring for awhile before the eyes start clearing up. Hence, the only time I can use them without being forced to deal with that nuisance effect is before I go to sleep. Any other recommendations?"

CPA Close-Work Type Guy... (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 21, 2015

Systane Balance (ocular lubricant): "I've had chronic dry eyes for years as a consequence of an ongoing eye condition. I've used eye drops for years seeking relief includes another Systane product, generic eye lubricants and prescription restasis. This is the first product that has provided real ongoing relief. The only negative is it cannot be used while contacts are in place, but this is minor when compared to the relief provided."

Badpatient June 7, 2015

Systane Balance (ocular lubricant): "I also received a sample of Systane Balance from my ophthalmologist when I asked what he would recommend for my dry eyes. I have found Systane Balance to be the best drops I have ever used for my condition. Previously, I had been using Blink and GenTeal 'Severe Dry Eye Relief' Gel and, while both of these products had provided some relief, neither can compare with Systane Balance. Within a few seconds of my applying the drops for the first time, the stinging in my eyes totally disappeared. The relief provided is also very long-lasting, with the beneficial effects sometimes lasting for more than 24 hours."

GinnyMcL April 10, 2015

GenTeal (ocular lubricant): "I was told by my vet to use only genteal for my dogs dry eyes. It works great I don't know what I would do with out it. I use it daily in his eyes he will actualy hold his eye open best he can for me because he know it makes his eyes feel better."

Bear's eyes April 6, 2015

Systane (ocular lubricant): "I used this for three weeks....my eyes were blurry, and swollen eyelids, eyes more sensitive to light, matted eyelashes and crusting of lids. Stopped using the drops and now back to normal."

Jessis March 18, 2015

Systane Ultra (ocular lubricant): "Spent over 2 years trying to find eye drops that I did not have a negative reaction to and at last these drops did the job without pain or redness."

K R (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 22, 2015

Oasis Tears (ocular lubricant): "The drops worked okay but I started to notice joint pain in my hands and legs. My legs have an almost a restless legs feeling. I stopped the drops for a few days and everything went away. Started the drops again yesterday and woke up right back with the pains and tingling. I'm supposed to use the drops 4x a day. I have no clue why the drops would cause these affects but wanted to share in case someone else might have the same problem."

cryan314 February 16, 2015

Hypotears (ocular lubricant): "Hypo Tears are the ONLY eyedrops that relieve my dry eyes. I have used this brand for 30 years. I hope they are never discontinued or reformulated, as they are the only ones that WORK for me. I have tried every other eyedrop on the market, including Restasis, and none of them relieve the dryness, and many if not most, actually make it worse."

Natasha Ashley (taken for 10 years or more) December 10, 2014

Hypotears (ocular lubricant): "I've used HypoTears for many, many years, always with strong approval by optometrists and my now-retired ophthalmologist. I'm crushed to learn that it is no long available. I have long counted on it for my eye comfort, and now I have to find something else that I like."

GrandmaMickey69 (taken for 10 years or more) November 9, 2014

Refresh PM (ocular lubricant): "Put one drop of a plain natural tears formula in each eye. I usually use Visine Tears. The 1/2 oz. bottle is easier to hold and control the number of drops than with the 1 oz. Next, pull down lower lid of each eye and apply 1/4 inch of a plain lubricant eye ointment. I use Refresh P.M. Do this first thing in the morning and last thing at night. You will forget you have dry eyes! Just remember in the morning to wipe off with a tissue any excess ointment under your eyes. Also, the slight blurriness after application lasts only a few seconds."

Forgot I have dry eyes! (taken for 10 years or more) September 5, 2014

Lacrisert (ocular lubricant): "My eyes are painful if I open them too quickly. Sometimes even when just blinking, they stick closed. The Lacriserts are a God send. The only major drawback (well, minor in relation to the benefits) is that I have to remove the inserts within 10 hours or they become like a glue and actually add to the pain. But during the 10 hours it's like a miracle!"

e.kl (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 15, 2014

FreshKote (ocular lubricant): "Using FreshKote is helping drastically. Especially At night. I would randomly wake up in the middle of the night feeling like somebody tore the skin off my cornea because my eyelids would stick to my eyes and FreshKote coat has prevented that. I am also using a humidifier at night and throughout the day in the house to keep my eyes feeling comfortable."

Dry eyes- especially at night - painful (taken for less than 1 month) November 19, 2013

Lacrisert (ocular lubricant): "I make no tears. If it were not for this insert, I would have been put on the disabled list over 10 years ago. This medicine is safe and wonderful. I love it and thank God every day for it. If not for this medication, I would never be able to leave my house because without it my eyes hurt terribly"

Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more) November 6, 2013

TheraTears (ocular lubricant): "I had a very serious dry eye condition that showed up after all my cancer treatments were completed. I had no idea what was happening to me other than a red bubble appeared in one eye. My eye doctor suggested TheraTears 4x day plus taking nutrition product. It cleared up and to this day, I only use TheraTears in my eyes. Florida's allergy season is all year round for me and my eyes. It's great and the only drops to go in my eyes. It was suggested that I buy the individual vials as for some reason contamination is a factor I have to keep in mind for my eyes. I have not had dry eye since. Thank you TheraTears and I love the coupons."

JA McKay (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 24, 2013

Systane (ocular lubricant): "I have used Systane for about 9 weeks and have been experiencing severe swelling and irritation of my eyelids, including splitting of the skin and drying out of the sore areas. Have narrowed down the cause as Systane, and not blepharitis."

Popparon (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 22, 2013

Systane (ocular lubricant): "Systane (Long lasting) makes my eyes blurry and they stay blurry for quite a long time. However, Systane Ultra is just terrific. I have been using it for, for glaucoma with dry eyes, a couple of years now and find that it relaxes my eyes, as well as moisturizes them. The Systane (Long lasting) was purchased in error. Went back and got the Systane Ultra again and all is great. I highly recommend it for dry eye problems."

MTOS (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 15, 2013

Systane (ocular lubricant): "Have been using SYSTANE on & off for a few weeks and have experienced severe redness, swelling & itching around my eyes. Couldn't figure out at first what was causing, so narrowed it down to this product, and made note WHEN I used it. Sure enough, SYSTANE seemed to be the cause. While using this eye gel and naturally blinking after it is placed in eyes, some gel gets onto the surrounding skin around the eyes, and it has caused the redness, itching & swelling. So, be aware of this side effect."

Get 'er Done July 7, 2013

Systane Balance (ocular lubricant): "Immediate relief, so glad my optician gave me a sample to try."

ndnPatsy (taken for less than 1 month) March 27, 2013

FreshKote (ocular lubricant): "I suffered from dry eye after having LASIK eye surgery several years ago. I tried Restasis (which didn't help) and was using Over The Counter artificial tear drops several times per day. My husband (who had just graduated from optometry school at the time) started me on Freshkote, and it has worked great. I use it twice daily, and rarely need artificial tears anymore."

Dry eye no more March 5, 2013